Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

college of charleston scouting report (basketball)

Started by Kevin, November 13, 2007, 05:30:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

College of Charleston, the Hogs opponent on Thursday in Puerto Rico

Season so far:

Exhibition loss to Division II Augusta State by 2
Season Opening loss to UNC-Wilmington 98-91 in OT, Game was on the road

The Cougars shot 35 three versus UNCW, hitting 12.  Ten of those three came from the starting frontcourt.  So, anybody will shoot from behind the arc.

The Cougars like the Hogs want to play fast.  Their big problem is on the glass.  UNCW big men took them to the woodshed.  Vlad Kuljanin,UNCW starting center, had 25 points and 18 rebound while fellow big man Todd Hendley finished with 15 points and 13 rebounds. 

Cougar Freshman Andrew Goudelock led them in scoring 27 points, on 21 shots, including 5-11 from behind the arc. Second leading scorer is Jermaine Johnson 6-7, 250 pounds, 19 points, 9 rebounds.

The Hogs should crush the Cougars in the paint.  The rebounding margin should be huge with plenty of second chance points.  With the pace fast, and us doing damage inside, that should open great 3 point looks. Locking down the perimeter will be key for the Hogs.  The Cougars play a Junior, Sophmore and Freshman in the backcourt, the Hog press will be trying to turn the young guys over and lead to easy transition baskets.

The Hogs should move on from the first round of this tournament.

Possible startin line-up for the Cougars

F-Dustin Scott 6-8  220  Jr
F-Antwaine Wiggins 6-7  180  Fr
C-Jermaine Johnson 6-8  250  Jr
G-Tony White JR 6-0  150  So
G-Marcus Hammond 6-3 190  Jr

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

40MINSOFHELL

uhm this team looks weak....we should blow them out...i say 97 to 58

thecollege11

CofC fan here.....

Don't look at the UNCW loss or the Augusta State loss and judge our team

We now know who our best player is in our freshman Andrew Goudelock, so he will be starting in place of Marcus Hammond

We would have won both games by more than 10 if Dustin Scott had not got in foul trouble ( he left the scrimmage against Augusta to go to class with about 15 minutes left in the 2nd half) and there big guy started to kill us

Our starting lineup will be

Tony White Jr
Andrew Goudelock
Antwaine Wiggins
Dustin Scott
Jermaine Johnson

Our team is very young ( we had 4 freshman on the floor for a long time last game) and our post defense with the exception of Scott is terrible....in a few years we will be back in the top 25 where we used to be because of how good a recruiter Bobby Cremins is....Good luck

USCoastGuard

Come back over Gus!

booogaga

i think it will be like the last game. close in the first half, then we will wear them out in the last 10 min. just like the nolan days  . 40 min of pel. i say we win by 15+ but at halftime it will be really close. heck i just wish i can watch it on tv.
GO HOGS!

40MINSOFHELL

yeah i wish games were on tv...i don't have ESPNU....the only show the teams i hate on tv...blah im tired of watching the same teams on tv

HootieHaterfromALA

We need to steamroll just about everyone prior to conference play....Missou and OK should be only competition!!

Altered_Ego

Another CofC fan here, our forums are at http://www.cofcfans.com/boards/index.php

How close or how bad the game ends up being is really going to depend on the Freshman.  We will have 3-4 on the floor at times, and if they start to choke it could get ugly quick.  The div II team had a 6'10" 305 lb center that tore us up inside, he went 10-11.  UNCW also tore us up inside, so I expect a lot of the same in this game.  Dustin Scott, a JuCo Forward is supposed to be a player, but he's only shown flashes of it as of yet.  The player to watch will be number 3, Drew Goudelock.  He's a freshman but from what we've seen so far he can light it up.  Tony White and Donovan Monroe are also good from behind the arc; White, Monroe, and Goudelock went 9 for 22 from behind the arc.  Scott, Johnson, and Simmons shouldn't be taking shots outside of 15 feet.  Those 3 like to pop 3's but they combined for 2-10 in our last game but were 14 of 25 from inside.

hawgsav1

Quote from: Altered_Ego on November 14, 2007, 03:48:10 pm
Another CofC fan here, our forums are at http://www.cofcfans.com/boards/index.php

How close or how bad the game ends up being is really going to depend on the Freshman.  We will have 3-4 on the floor at times, and if they start to choke it could get ugly quick.  The div II team had a 6'10" 305 lb center that tore us up inside, he went 10-11.  UNCW also tore us up inside, so I expect a lot of the same in this game.  Dustin Scott, a JuCo Forward is supposed to be a player, but he's only shown flashes of it as of yet.  The player to watch will be number 3, Drew Goudelock.  He's a freshman but from what we've seen so far he can light it up.  Tony White and Donovan Monroe are also good from behind the arc; White, Monroe, and Goudelock went 9 for 22 from behind the arc.  Scott, Johnson, and Simmons shouldn't be taking shots outside of 15 feet.  Those 3 like to pop 3's but they combined for 2-10 in our last game but were 14 of 25 from inside.

You guys seem to live and die by the 3.  How good are your big guys?  You guys seem a little undersized there so I think to keep the game close you're gonna have to hit the deep ball, esp. since you say you guys don't look so good on the boards.  What is the inside offensive game like?  If we get out on the perimeter and contest the three point shot it might be a long night for you guys.  How's your depth looking?  If we run, and you run, can your guys keep up with it? 

I don't know about you guys so much, but I think if you guys can get that 3 to fall, the game might be a little closer than expected.  If not, it might be a little bit of a tough night for y'all.  If your guys can get boards and hit the threes, it could be a Cinderella story there.  However, I see you guys hitting the deep ball, but I don't see the rebounds coming in.  I'm gonna pick 80-53 or so.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

The_Bionic_Pig

Tonight is the night!!! (just wanted to bump this very informative post)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 15, 2007, 08:42:24 am
Tonight is the night!!! (just wanted to bump this very informative post)

I agree.  I have learned more about the CoC in the three minutes to read this thread than 5 hours of Razorback sports talk radio in the car.  Of course if they could talk about something other than "Houston sucks because of A, B, C, and D"    Geez, everyone knows Houston sucks.  Let's talk about basketball in early November like we did in the good ol' days- you know, the late 80's and early 90's.

Kevin

i am going to watch our next opponent, hopefully have a report later
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Modsquad24

game might be close for a little while, but this Arkansas team is experienced, talented and will be pumped coming in to this tournament,  I'm going with Arkansas 88, C of Charleston 65. GHG!

RD 2 expect Providence- Arkansas

hawgsav1

To any C of C fans out there, how is Antwaine Wiggins?  He was supposed to be a pretty highly regarded prospect...
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb