Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

John Pelphrey Press Conference - Puerto Rico

Started by olblueyes, November 12, 2007, 08:28:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

olblueyes

Following, supporting, and rooting the hogs on 24/7 X 365!!!!

booogaga

GO HOGS!

The_Iceman

Gotta love the direction of the basketball program.... unlike the football program.

Pignominious

I like what I hear about Townes.  It sounds like he is really responding to Pelphrey's coaching.  Actually both of our Centers in Hill and Townes had very productive outings relative to the minutes they played.  That was good to see.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

PorkSoda

Pelphrey also seemed like he did his homework on the teams we will be playing in the turney.  Thats going to pay off when he has to call a play coming out of a time out with 7 seconds on the clock.  VCU, Miami, Houston, Providence, temple, CoC; Not a bad line up for this tourney.  Coming out of this undefeated is definitely not a forgone conclusion.  I feel like he's got the kids on the right track, we'll have to see how the respond in an enviornment with a lot of distractions.  We had a couple players suspended a game last time they left the country (is puerto rico independent?)  This will probably be thier first real gut check under Pelphrey. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Nashville Fan

Pittman or Bust!

BrooklynRoss

Wow, I didn't realize this tourney was a who's who of college coaches. Tom Penders, Bobby Cremens, Anthony Grant? It's not going to be a pushover situation.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

oldfart

this tourney should be a good litmus test for our team (yea, go back to freshman chemistry to see)

Bomis Hawg

Quote"On Sunday, we practiced twice and watched film of the Wofford game and talked about some things. We're stressing to the guys there is a standard to which we want to do things. For us to reach that standard, they have to overachieve. We're not lowering the bar so they can reach it. We're going to set them (standards) high and get them out of their comfort zones. The staff believes those things can be achieved through discipline and hard work."

That paragraph stays it all.
If Arkansas can go 3-for-3 in this tournament, it will be huge.  Good coaches and quality teams are there.