Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just another reason TO F'ING LOVE PELPHREY!!!!!

Started by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya, November 10, 2007, 12:03:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

"John Pelphrey argued with an official and stamped his foot loudly -- and with that, the new Arkansas coach succeeded where his players were struggling.

He brought the crowd to its feet."

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/recap?gid=200711090019

THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT SEASON!!!!!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

MDH

I was there and that was the loudest the place was all night.  J Freakin' P.  The team has a way to go, but I think they've got the coach to get them there.  We'll see.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

Quote from: MDH on November 10, 2007, 02:02:17 pm
I was there and that was the loudest the place was all night.  J Freakin' P.  The team has a way to go, but I think they've got the coach to get them there.  We'll see.

Awesome, a buddy of mine that went said the same thing.

I agree with you....proof of it is the last statement by Pel in the article, that they still have a long way to go.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Cajun Hog

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on November 10, 2007, 02:29:06 pm
Quote from: MDH on November 10, 2007, 02:02:17 pm

Awesome, a buddy of mine that went said the same thing.

I agree with you....proof of it is the last statement by Pel in the article, that they still have a long way to go.

Thank GOD for Pel...........................

jbcarol

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on November 10, 2007, 12:03:17 pm

"John Pelphrey argued with an official and stamped his foot loudly -- and with that, the new Arkansas coach succeeded where his players were struggling.

;)
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Ironhawg

Coach Pel and Sonny Weem's tomahawk jam were the best parts of the game.  I don't know where Coach is taking us, but it sure looks like it is going to be a fun ride!  He was working his rear end off on the sideline all night. 

TorsinAHog

I was there and got a lot more into the game with the T.  It is nice to see a coach with some passion. 
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

Can you guys tell us about the Towne's jam before the half?  They mentioned it in the Yahoo article.  Did they mean Weems?

MDH

No they meant Townes.  He blocked a shot then went the length and jammed it.  It pretty much kicked ass.  Lets hope he stays stable this season.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

MDH

I saw Pel waving his arms in the air on the side acting like a third defender when we had a player in a trap near the bench.  The guy passed out of the trap successfully, but it still was pretty cool.

earshot

Towns blocked the shot, got the ball and dribbled the length of the court for a monster dunk as time expired for the half! It was a big time play.

Weems had an all world dunk on a fast break. A Wofford player was there trying to draw a charge. Weems pretty much jumped over him for a tomahawk jam. :D

slopinhogs

Beverly and weems let their alligator mouths overrun their humingbirds azzes about the wofford team. when they said we won't have any trouble with them, we have guared tougher ones before.

they need to let their coach do the talking and they need to shut up and listen.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

stronguard

Pelph has saved the Hogs BBall team from becoming what the football team has already become.  A laughingstock.   Thanks Coach P for bringing back the life that STANLEY sucked out of our program. 
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Quote from: stronguard on November 10, 2007, 08:23:29 pm
Pelph has saved the Hogs BBall team from becoming what the football team has already become.  A laughingstock.   Thanks Coach P for bringing back the life that STANLEY sucked out of our program. 

I liked Stan and I think he is a class act.  But I think you nailed it with your last comment.  He just didn't have "it" here, he didn't get the best out of his players before and during the games.

Quote from: MDH on November 10, 2007, 06:48:42 pm
No they meant Townes.  He blocked a shot then went the length and jammed it.  It pretty much kicked ass.  Lets hope he stays stable this season.

Quote from: earshot on November 10, 2007, 06:52:22 pm
Towns blocked the shot, got the ball and dribbled the length of the court for a monster dunk as time expired for the half! It was a big time play.

Weems had an all world dunk on a fast break. A Wofford player was there trying to draw a charge. Weems pretty much jumped over him for a tomahawk jam. :D

Wow, watching Townes last season I wouldn't have even thought he could do such a thing.

smartyhog

November 10, 2007, 08:50:19 pm #14 Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 08:51:51 pm by smartyhog
I love the coach already. I am excited for the team and the season. :D :razorback:

Dr Swineglove

It was awesome seeing some frickin' emotion from the bench again.  Stan always acted apathetic - so the fans acted apathetic.  Hog bball is coming back, folks, time to get off the apathetic porch, and get back on the Hogball bandwagon.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

MDH

November 10, 2007, 09:32:24 pm #16 Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 09:34:22 pm by MDH
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on November 10, 2007, 08:42:12 pm
Quote from: stronguard on November 10, 2007, 08:23:29 pm
Pelph has saved the Hogs BBall team from becoming what the football team has already become.  A laughingstock.   Thanks Coach P for bringing back the life that STANLEY sucked out of our program. 

I liked Stan and I think he is a class act.  But I think you nailed it with your last comment.  He just didn't have "it" here, he didn't get the best out of his players before and during the games.

Quote from: MDH on November 10, 2007, 06:48:42 pm

Quote from: earshot on November 10, 2007, 06:52:22 pm

Wow, watching Townes last season I wouldn't have even thought he could do such a thing.

I know how you feel about Hill, but if you would have seen him in the second half and particularly at the end of the game your opinion might have changed slightly.  It was quite a bit contrary to this statement (the latter part we already got an answer to).  He would of had some of the points (2 - 4) Townes got in the first half if he hadn't of been called on 2 early fouls (1 of which was complete BS):

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on November 06, 2007, 10:03:43 pm
I'm telling you all, Hill is not a gamer and I think he will struggle even more in this offense because he just doesn't hustle.

If Townes has his head on straight finally, then I agree, start him.

MDH, I'm really glad to hear that.  I hope Hill proves me wrong.

stronguard

I'm with MDH on this one.  I think Hill is a gamer who has been STANLEYwashed into being a passive player.  He has a fire, and though he may not have the touch to put up 15 points a night, he can certainly grab 10 boards/ night and the trash baskets that go with those if he is taught how to do it.

For the record, i think the most underused part of his game is passing.  He has shown me that he is a deft passer from the high post.  If he were good enough to get double teamed on the block he might be able to get 4 or 5 assists a night on slashes to the basket by Weems, Beverly and company.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

cosmodrum

I started screaming at the radio because I was so excited about that. Then I saw an image of Stan in my mind with his hands on his hips, rolling his eyes.

Go Hogs and go get 'em Coach Pel!!!
Go away, batin'

babywhiz

Quote from: smartyhog on November 10, 2007, 08:50:19 pm
I love the coach already. I am excited for the team and the season. :D :razorback:
Careful...that kinda talk will get you smited around here...hehe...

But....I agree...

;D
Safe is boring. Sweet insanity is the voice saying "I bet we can fit one more in there."

Hollywood_HOGan45

another reason to love pel:

"Its not about me, its about the kids and the arkansas razorbacks."

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: stronguard on November 10, 2007, 09:58:25 pm

For the record, i think the most underused part of his game is passing.  He has shown me that he is a deft passer from the high post.  If he were good enough to get double teamed on the block he might be able to get 4 or 5 assists a night on slashes to the basket by Weems, Beverly and company.

What? The Arkansas passing game needs work?  Wait a minute...that's just spooky. Brrrr....... *shivers*