Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Petition Arkansas/LSU in Fayetteville not Little Rock

Started by tigerLSU, April 24, 2007, 12:02:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Howboutthemhogs

The point I was trying to make when I was talking about the expenses of going to Fayetteville games is that the University has made it easier for everybody in Arkansas to attend Razorback games and support the Hogs by having games in both Little Rock and Fayetteville, and I don't know why people thing that is a bad thing.

Bvilleboar

2012 the year of the HOGS

hawaiianhogster

Might not be fair if I vote since I'm out of state but as a life time fan I believe the worse you make it for the opposing team the better you make it for the home team to win. Move that game to Fayetteville. The fans will come. Trust me.

tolerati

Baton Rouge is not far from New Orleans.... So its not THAT difficult to fill the stadium... and as far as where they play the games.... If Arkansas wanted to continue to be different from other schools they would go back to playing games in Little Rock and Fayetteville..... But the bottom line is...MONEY.. UA makes more money with home games in Fayetteville than they do in Little Rock... LR games are more expensive...including travel and hotel and stadium fees...vs...no travel, free room and board and no stadium fees to cut into the profits....  Alabama used to play in Birmingham...but like Arkansas...after they expanded their stadium...to 92,000 and Legion Field only seated 70,000 it made more sense financially for Alabama to play all their home games in Tuscaloosa. Since Little Rock is not going to expand WMS or build a new stadium I think the UA should play most of its game where it has the better and larger stadium. Its sad that Arkansas can't be the state's team any more though..it has become NWA's team to a large part. But NWA also is the fast growing area in the state and nearly as large as central Arkansas sooo a big part of the Razorback's ceasing to come to LR as often lays at the feet of central Arkansas leaders who lacked foresight and did not plan for the   future or in coordination with University leaders and legislators.
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

The Marmot

Quote from: tolerati on April 25, 2007, 02:32:04 pm
Baton Rouge is not far from New Orleans.... So its not THAT difficult to fill the stadium... and as far as where they play the games.... If Arkansas wanted to continue to be different from other schools they would go back to playing games in Little Rock and Fayetteville..... But the bottom line is...MONEY.. UA makes more money with home games in Fayetteville than they do in Little Rock... LR games are more expensive...including travel and hotel and stadium fees...vs...no travel, free room and board and no stadium fees to cut into the profits....  Alabama used to play in Birmingham...but like Arkansas...after they expanded their stadium...to 92,000 and Legion Field only seated 70,000 it made more sense financially for Alabama to play all their home games in Tuscaloosa. Since Little Rock is not going to expand WMS or build a new stadium I think the UA should play most of its game where it has the better and larger stadium. Its sad that Arkansas can't be the state's team any more though..it has become NWA's team to a large part. But NWA also is the fast growing area in the state and nearly as large as central Arkansas sooo a big part of the Razorback's ceasing to come to LR as often lays at the feet of central Arkansas leaders who lacked foresight and did not plan for the   future or in coordination with University leaders and legislators.

Come on... wipe that tear away. The Razorbacks are ARKANSAS' team, not NWA's team. Just b/c they are located in Fayetteville and it makes more sense for the UA not to lose $$$ playing in LR does not mean the team doesn't need and deserve the support of everyone. I live in Fayetteville and consider myself an Arkansas resident, not a NWA resident.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

GBPackerFan

Quote from: eclipse on April 25, 2007, 01:35:31 pm
Quote from: GBPackerFan on April 25, 2007, 12:22:55 pm
Quote from: eclipse on April 25, 2007, 12:15:22 pm
I don't mind games in LR, but I think the LSU game should be in Fayetteville.  Put another game in LR to make up for it though.

And to everyone who says the tailgating is better in LR has not been to a RRS game in a while.  I have just as much fun grilling and drinking at RRS as I do in LR(I also hate the way they are doing the parking now).
I guess we have a huge age gap or people are just too uptight on this board or something, but the tailgating in LR is without a doubt more fun and crazy than the "tailgating" in Fayetteville.  And I have gone to every game, whether in LR or Fayetteville, for the past 6 years.  The only real tailgating that you can do in Fayetteville, besides doing it at a nearby house or something, is in the parking lot next to the stadium, which is fun.  But multiply that by 1,000 and you might come close to the atmosphere in LR.  Just my opinion.

You must not be looking for tailgating if the only place you see it is in the Pit.  The new new cabanas where Carlson Terrace used to be is a great place to tailgate as is the grass field North of the Pit(to the side of Poultry building). 

The tailgating to me is the same to me in both places.  Now mind you I do not get rowdy and so drunk I can't walk, but I have just as much fun in both places with friends.

But you may be right, my tailgating may not be as crazy as your "tailgating"(we don't burn furniture, trash or anything else at games and we are not allowed to do donuts in the grass either). 
I had totally forgotten about the new tailgating area on the Hill.  Haven't actually tailgated in it, but it looks very nice.  But, once again, it has to be an age-gap thing or something.  B/c almost every single person I know that is in their late teens to late 20s is always pumped about the LR games...mostly b/c of the whole experience you get from the game and the tailgating.  You can't deny though, that tailgating in LR is on a whole other level than Fayetteville.  And can walk just as well after the tailgating as I could when I first got there in LR.  You just have to know how to do it I guess. 

HogsSon46

Quote from: GBPackerFan on April 25, 2007, 12:22:55 pm
Quote from: eclipse on April 25, 2007, 12:15:22 pm
I don't mind games in LR, but I think the LSU game should be in Fayetteville.  Put another game in LR to make up for it though.

And to everyone who says the tailgating is better in LR has not been to a RRS game in a while.  I have just as much fun grilling and drinking at RRS as I do in LR(I also hate the way they are doing the parking now).
I guess we have a huge age gap or people are just too uptight on this board or something, but the tailgating in LR is without a doubt more fun and crazy than the "tailgating" in Fayetteville.  And I have gone to every game, whether in LR or Fayetteville, for the past 6 years.  The only real tailgating that you can do in Fayetteville, besides doing it at a nearby house or something, is in the parking lot next to the stadium, which is fun.  But multiply that by 1,000 and you might come close to the atmosphere in LR.  Just my opinion.
Sorry PackerFan that not an opinion..its a FACT. You and I both know that games in Fayetteville cant even begin to compair with the Little Rock games. The atmosphere is the best around and It is also a good place to play for our players that are from Little Rock. These NWA people don't know anything about LR or a good time. War Memorial 4-Life!

Torqued pork

Quote from: Howboutthemhogs on April 25, 2007, 01:05:58 pm
I was born and raised in Northwest Arkansas.  I graduated from the U of A.  I love my Hogs and always will!  But let me say this.  I now live in Southeast Arkansas.  While the population is not as large as in NWA, there are an incredible number of Razorback fans.  However, the most of the population of SEA lives on half the income of those in NWA.  They have a hard enough time paying for 400 miles worth of gas, much less being able to afford  to stay overnight in the Fayetteville area (I have even had to get reservations as far away as Eureka Springs for some games).  And I personally don't think it's wise to spend five or six hours on the road, watch a four hour game, and drive five or six hours back in the dark (that doesn't count all the "wait" time).  In addition, you must remember that to see the "good" games in Fayettevile, you have to buy season tickets for all the Fayetteville games.  An expensive proposition considering the six or seven games you have there every year.  Yes, most Universities only have home games at one location.  That's because most states have more than one premier football program.  You cannot compare them to the State of Arkansas.  Some of you NWA posters act like you're all that and nobody else in the State is worth anything.  My father told me that many years ago, Northwest Arkansas and Southwest Missouri didn't feel that they had anything in common with their respective states and actually got close to succeeding from their states and creating their own state called "Ozark".  It sounds to me like y'all need to finish what they started!     
Like it or not, major college football is big business and should be operated as such. The UofA athletic department should not be obligated to offer a "meals on wheels" program for those that find driving to Fayetteville more inconvenient and costly than they would like. Besides, everytime a game is played in WMS, 20,000 fans are denied the chance to attend the game. What makes you WMS fans think you're so special to deserve that degree of coddling?

Hudge

GBPackerFan

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on April 25, 2007, 03:44:04 pm
I was born and raised in Northwest Arkansas.  I graduated from the U of A.  I love my Hogs and always will!  But let me say this.  I now live in Southeast Arkansas.  While the population is not as large as in NWA, there are an incredible number of Razorback fans.  However, the most of the population of SEA lives on half the income of those in NWA.  They have a hard enough time paying for 400 miles worth of gas, much less being able to afford  to stay overnight in the Fayetteville area (I have even had to get reservations as far away as Eureka Springs for some games).  And I personally don't think it's wise to spend five or six hours on the road, watch a four hour game, and drive five or six hours back in the dark (that doesn't count all the "wait" time).  In addition, you must remember that to see the "good" games in Fayettevile, you have to buy season tickets for all the Fayetteville games.  An expensive proposition considering the six or seven games you have there every year.  Yes, most Universities only have home games at one location.  That's because most states have more than one premier football program.  You cannot compare them to the State of Arkansas.  Some of you NWA posters act like you're all that and nobody else in the State is worth anything.  My father told me that many years ago, Northwest Arkansas and Southwest Missouri didn't feel that they had anything in common with their respective states and actually got close to succeeding from their states and creating their own state called "Ozark".  It sounds to me like y'all need to finish what they started!     
Like it or not, major college football is big business and should be operated as such. The UofA athletic department should not be obligated to offer a "meals on wheels" program for those that find driving to Fayetteville more inconvenient and costly than they would like. Besides, everytime a game is played in WMS, 20,000 fans are denied the chance to attend the game. What makes you WMS fans think you're so special to deserve that degree of coddling?
Don't get mad just b/c you can't hang in tha Rock.  I wouldn't feel bad...there are a lot of people from NWA who get scared and can't handle it in LR.

BennyBlancofromtheRock

Quote from: tigerLSU on April 24, 2007, 12:02:45 pm

Playing Ark in Little Rock is a dump. We try to make this a big rivalry so I think the best thing to do is play the game on Arkansas's campus. The stadium I hear is really nice.

agree or disagree

Dear God...All I want for my birthday is for people to stop crying over the GSD...please let them realize that this thing will worl itself out in it's own time and all thier whining and petitioning is just so much annoying noise.

BennyBlancofromtheRock

Quote from: wildcat101 on April 25, 2007, 01:43:46 pm
it is a pain in the butt to drive all the way to little rock to watch a game in a piece of crap stadium.  why go there when you have one of the best ones here in fayetteville.  Plus the home field advantage with a full student section couldn't hurt

The students are on thanksgiving break sir....but I appreciate that you are getting to the crux of the whole debate. NWA doesn't want to have to drive to central Arkansas for games.

Good, now that we can see what the real reason is we can put this thing to rest as it is obvious that nobody from NWA wants to go to little rock, and damn anybody else in the state who finds two games a year in central Arkansas to be a great convince.

BennyBlancofromtheRock

Quote from: GBPackerFan on April 25, 2007, 04:32:36 pm
Don't get mad just b/c you can't hang in tha Rock.  I wouldn't feel bad...there are a lot of people from NWA who get scared and can't handle it in LR.

Dollar, why do you even get them started?

GBPackerFan

it is a pain in the butt to drive all the way to little rock to watch a game in a piece of crap stadium.  why go there when you have one of the best ones here in fayetteville.  Plus the home field advantage with a full student section couldn't hurt
The home field advantage is much greater in LR.  The stands are right on the field.  And everyone is forced to stand up the entire game as well...as opposed to Fayetteville games.

GBPackerFan

Quote from: BennyBlancofromtheRock on April 25, 2007, 04:40:14 pm

What are you talking about?  I didn't get anything started...I ended it.  BAM!!!

BennyBlancofromtheRock

Quote from: GBPackerFan on April 25, 2007, 04:43:09 pm
Quote from: BennyBlancofromtheRock on April 25, 2007, 04:40:14 pm

What are you talking about?  I didn't get anything started...I ended it.  BAM!!!

Now we're going to hear...crime rate blah blah, ghetto blah blah....(my favorite) Stadium in the worst part of town...(evidencing a total lack of knowledge of the city).

hogsanity

We want to be d1, then we should act like it.  Do any top d1 teams play a "split" home schedule?  I will go ahead and answer, NO!  Would they if they thought it was a good idea?  YES!
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Torqued pork

I'm from Arkadelphia and currently live in Bryant which is all of 20 minutes from that tetnis trap you so dearly love.

GBPackerFan

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on April 25, 2007, 04:53:28 pm
I'm from Arkadelphia and currently live in Bryant which is all of 20 minutes from that tetnis trap you so dearly love.
Tetnis trap?  Well, at least you came up with something original.  Very stupid and doesn't make any sense, but it is original at least.  I may be getting Bryant confused with Benton (or it is probably both) b/c I can't ever remember which one does it, but aren't Bryant people known for always claiming LR when they are asked where they come from.  I am not saying that you necessarily do, but that probably says something when people from that town won't even claim their hometown and always claim my town...the "tetnis trap."

HogasaurusRex

Petitions - Money

Both are printed on paper, one is useless, and the other keeps @ least 2 games in Little Rock.

Peace Out Napoleon.....

hogfan2286

Quote from: tolerati on April 25, 2007, 02:32:04 pm
Baton Rouge is not far from New Orleans.... So its not THAT difficult to fill the stadium... and as far as where they play the games.... If Arkansas wanted to continue to be different from other schools they would go back to playing games in Little Rock and Fayetteville..... But the bottom line is...MONEY.. UA makes more money with home games in Fayetteville than they do in Little Rock... LR games are more expensive...including travel and hotel and stadium fees...vs...no travel, free room and board and no stadium fees to cut into the profits....  Alabama used to play in Birmingham...but like Arkansas...after they expanded their stadium...to 92,000 and Legion Field only seated 70,000 it made more sense financially for Alabama to play all their home games in Tuscaloosa. Since Little Rock is not going to expand WMS or build a new stadium I think the UA should play most of its game where it has the better and larger stadium. Its sad that Arkansas can't be the state's team any more though..it has become NWA's team to a large part. But NWA also is the fast growing area in the state and nearly as large as central Arkansas sooo a big part of the Razorback's ceasing to come to LR as often lays at the feet of central Arkansas leaders who lacked foresight and did not plan for the   future or in coordination with University leaders and legislators.

Birmingham is less than 60 miles away from Tuscaloosa so that set up obviously didn't make sense. Keeping games in LR maintains the statewide support that makes this program so special.  I really hope we always keep a game in LR.

clemensrules01

a lot of people's true colors are showing.

ill say this: there are a lot of rude, arrogant people on hogville.

BennyBlancofromtheRock

Quote from: clemens on April 25, 2007, 05:15:58 pm
a lot of people's true colors are showing.

ill say this: there are a lot of rude, arrogant people on hogville.

ya think?

Torqued pork

April 25, 2007, 05:20:07 pm #273 Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 05:22:01 pm by Bubbaswinestein
Quote from: GBPackerFan on April 25, 2007, 05:00:53 pm
Tetnis trap?  Well, at least you came up with something original.  Very stupid and doesn't make any sense, but it is original at least.  I may be getting Bryant confused with Benton (or it is probably both) b/c I can't ever remember which one does it, but aren't Bryant people known for always claiming LR when they are asked where they come from.  I am not saying that you necessarily do, but that probably says something when people from that town won't even claim their hometown and always claim my town...the "tetnis trap."
"Stupid" is traveling three hours to play in a 54,000 seat relic when you have a 72,000 seat showplace on your own campus. Now that is "stupid". BTW, I was calling WMS a tetnis trap and not LR.

BennyBlancofromtheRock

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on April 25, 2007, 05:20:07 pm
Quote from: GBPackerFan on April 25, 2007, 05:00:53 pm
"Stupid" is traveling three hours to play in a 54,000 seat relic when you have a 72,000 seat showplace on your own campus. Now that is "stupid".

So is hunting for easter eggs....maybe there is a correlation there?

Soooie21

I agree, play only the utah sts. etch in Little Rock.

Hog_from_Tulsa

I would curious to find out from the Central Ark crowd if........

HDN were fired......
and the new coach, say Butch Davis, agreed to take the job if all games were moved to Fayetteville.

would it be worth it to get rid of Nutt and get a better coach?
"We can't get no reform when we're the incumbent" - Pappy O'Daniel

MuskogeeHogFan

Playing Ark in Little Rock is a dump. We try to make this a big rivalry so I think the best thing to do is play the game on Arkansas's campus. The stadium I hear is really nice.

agree or disagree

Needs to be in Fayetteville......period.
Go Hogs Go!

Bigfoot

agree or disagree
no way man! the rock is awesome! fat chance on getting better than the rock!

Torqued pork

Quote from: bigfoot on April 25, 2007, 07:35:20 pm

agree or disagree
no way man! the rock is awesome! fat chance on getting better than the rock!
WMS is fairly close to the Pulaski County Jail which makes the police's jobs a little easier.

towneofbeverlyhills

class...thats all I'm asking of people in LR...especially if it stays there...shows ur lack of education to promote bad behavior and rowdiness....im nwa...the school mite rep the state but its not in LR. get over it...no one else does this...sorry if your poor...relocate...more job opps here anyways...better schools...more money...NEW MONEY....so go ahead and hate.

claytongray

April 25, 2007, 08:19:31 pm #281 Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 09:12:25 pm by claytongray
Quote from: towneofbeverlyhills on April 25, 2007, 08:02:52 pm
class...thats all I'm asking of people in LR...especially if it stays there...shows ur lack of education to promote bad behavior and rowdiness....im nwa...the school mite rep the state but its not in LR. get over it...no one else does this...sorry if your poor...relocate...more job opps here anyways...better schools...more money...NEW MONEY....so go ahead and hate.

Interesting post on many levels.

Immensehog

Quote from: claytongray on April 25, 2007, 08:19:31 pm

Interesting post on many levels.

Idiotic, narrow minded post on many levels.
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

Tusker4life

This line of discussion is so retarded everytime it gets brought up. If the UofA wants to play all their games in RRS, go ahead, we suck when we play there, we cant win the big games in there. Whoever decided to put the biggest University of this state in NWA was screwed in the head. There are more people in Central Arkansas than NWA, granted Wal-Mart is up there, but thats about it....  :puke:

If we keep Nutt, you guys can have all the games you want, since I for one will be at either a UCA game or an A-State game. I think there are a lot of folks outside of NWA that feel the same way, hopefully no one gets mad, but the REST of Arkansas (80% of it) is SICK AND TIRED of the NWA whining about driving to LR for a game.
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

cityhog

Quote from: Tusker4life on April 25, 2007, 09:34:28 pm
This line of discussion is so retarded everytime it gets brought up. If the UofA wants to play all their games in RRS, go ahead, we suck when we play there, we cant win the big games in there. Whoever decided to put the biggest University of this state in NWA was screwed in the head. There are more people in Central Arkansas than NWA, granted Wal-Mart is up there, but thats about it....  :puke:

If we keep Nutt, you guys can have all the games you want, since I for one will be at either a UCA game or an A-State game. I think there are a lot of folks outside of NWA that feel the same way, hopefully no one gets mad, but the REST of Arkansas (80% of it) is SICK AND TIRED of the NWA whining about driving to LR for a game.

to my knowledge no one is griping about driving there, it's the fact that you have to sit in a toilet of a stadium AFTER you drive there.  And the reason the UA is in NWA to begin with is that Fayetteville outbid LR in 1876.  LR was cheap then, and it's cheap now.  Prove me wrong and update, or better yet, raze that relic and build a new stadium.

clemensrules01

JERK ALERT...ARROGANT A$$ ALERT...JERK ALERT...

BennyBlancofromtheRock

The new emerging aristocracy.....is it lonely on your pedestal?

BennyBlancofromtheRock

Quote from: cityhog on April 25, 2007, 09:44:00 pm
Quote from: Tusker4life on April 25, 2007, 09:34:28 pm

to my knowledge no one is griping about driving there, it's the fact that you have to sit in a toilet of a stadium AFTER you drive there.  And the reason the UA is in NWA to begin with is that Fayetteville outbid LR in 1876.  LR was cheap then, and it's cheap now.  Prove me wrong and update, or better yet, raze that relic and build a new stadium.
Here you go here is where your boy stepped out of line and uttered what the argument is really all about. (see quote below) You don't care about less seats, or an old stadium. You just don't want to be inconvienced!

I've never gone to a football game in my life because I thought the stadium was nice. All I care about is can I see the field and can I take a leak, what more does a man need?

I like to call it letting the whining cat out of the bag.

BennyBlancofromtheRock

don't be rowdy at a football game you ignorant, poor mongrels! it's undignified. The attitude that has developed in some people up in NWA really cracks me up.

Little Brother is all growed up and wants his respect. The inferiority complex has blown inot something less dangerous but much more annoying.

VenturaHog

Little Rock games are awesome, the tailgating there is 10 billion times better than FV. Such an awesome atmosphere, the reason we lose there is because
A) Nutt and
B) Half the time its LSU