Previous topic - Next topic

Which offense would you pay to see?

Arkansas's
103 (57.5%)
Tulsa's
76 (42.5%)

Total Members Voted: 166

thahawg

I would rather watch Dmac and Felix run than watch Tulsa throw it around against c-usa any day.

hogmafia

We are not going
Quote from: ilovepinebluff on April 23, 2007, 09:33:40 pm
Quote from: jfb4ever on April 23, 2007, 09:18:13 pm
                Tulsa has BYU and Oklahoma as nonconference home gaames in Sept.  Who do we have?????///

I'd rather win 42-0 than lose 42-0.
We are not going to beat anyone this year 42-0 not even chattahoochie, and I gaurentee we have more of a chance losing 42-0 than winning 42-0

jfb4ever

BYU at Tulsa can you imagine a more exciting game, other that AR and Utah State last year!!!!!!!!!

moley_russells_wart_hog

for now id rather see mcfadden and jones,
but i would like to see the hunh

jfb4ever

You make a good point, but we could have had Gus, Mitch, Felix, and Dmac????

malzhanista

Quote from: hoghart on April 23, 2007, 08:25:38 pm
I wouldn't walk across the street to see Tulsa

Well, good chance I won't use the remote to watch nutters.

PowderedToastMan

If some of you want to go to Tulsa and watch them play, then go.  Many of us on here could care less if some of you choose to go to Tulsa instead of watching the Hogs.  I get irritated by negative fans in the stands, so please go to Tulsa.  I'll stay here and watch Darren, Felix, and the gang.
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

USAF Hog

Quote from: jfb4ever on April 23, 2007, 09:36:57 pm
           But at least Tulsa is playing someome.

And we're in the SEC.

PowderedToastMan

Big name opponents on Tulsa's schedule:  Oklahoma

Big name opponents on UofA's schedule:  Bama, Auburn, Tennessee, South Carolina, LSU
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

hoglady

I would pay to see DMac, Jones, Hillis and Monk over ANYTHING Tulsa has to offer !!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

DSMSHog

This thread is ridiculous.

Come on. I'm glad Tulsa fans have a place to come together.

inhognation

I would not pay to see Tulsa's offense because I am a Razorback fan and not a Tulsa fan.  Also last time I checked Tulsa's offense does not have DMAC, Felix Jones, Peyton Hillis, Marcus Monk, London Crawford, or Ben Cleveland.

WADHOG

Quote from: hogmafia on April 23, 2007, 06:46:38 pm
I would pay for a tulsa ticket and pay for the gas to go to Tulsa rather than paying to see a run run run run punt offense
Are we going to punt on second down?  If you would rather go see Tulsa play than watch the best running back in the nation play against the SEC for YOUR team, then go.

WADHOG

Quote from: jfb4ever on April 23, 2007, 10:56:25 pm
          BYU at Tulsa can you imagine a more exciting game, other that AR and Utah State last year!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, if I were a fan of BYU or Tulsa!!!!!!

hogheart

if that is the way you feel, get over to the tulsa board, if they have one...how is the weather in springdale today?

TheHogFan

Quote from: hogmafia on April 23, 2007, 06:48:51 pm
Run Run Run Run Run Run Run Run Run Run
Why are you on a hog board then? Cdall me crazy but I think I am going to go see a Heisman cadidate, the best player in Arkansas history, and a back up who is as good as any starter in the country. I guess I am just weird like that.

hogheart

Quote from: moley_russells_wart_hog on April 23, 2007, 10:56:45 pm
if you want to watch the hunh, go to any high school game...you won't see much success in major college conferences

Silver Hog

Quote from: hogmafia on April 23, 2007, 07:01:13 pm
Ill be thinking of all you when Im at Skelly Stadium and the anouncer comes on and says "We have an important final score update. Troy State 14 Arkansas 13 ENJOY YOUR NUTT LED OFFENSE HUGGERS

Truth hurts.  :-(

hogmafia

I have been watching Gus for 8 years, His offense is not a hurry up no huddle. It is a No Huddle walk up to the line call your play based on the Defensive formation and control the play clock

granny grunt

Quote from: MuleriderFan on April 24, 2007, 06:57:56 am

Big name opponents on UofA's schedule:  Bama, Auburn, Tennessee, South Carolina, LSU
How many of these do you see Arkansas beating?   

hogtusk

Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

jpenrod1

Quote from: granny grunt on April 24, 2007, 09:27:19 am

all of them.

DOGALUM

Quote from: hogheart on April 24, 2007, 08:20:49 am
Quote from: moley_russells_wart_hog on April 23, 2007, 10:56:45 pm
if you want to watch the hunh, go to any high school game...you won't see much success in major college conferences
Well thanks for the heads up Frank.

Let me tell you about an offense that will NEVER win a championship.   It's one that consists of NO passing threat.  However good the RBs may or may not be.  I'm sure you know the offense of which I speak.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Blevohog24

I would rather watch DMAC, Felix, Hillis and Monk over antying Tulsa can put on the field. 

Worst poll ever. 

Blevohog24

When they get blown out 56-9 who will remember?

TheHogFan

Quote from: swisshog on April 24, 2007, 09:17:21 am
Quote from: hogmafia on April 23, 2007, 07:01:13 pm
Ill be thinking of all you when Im at Skelly Stadium and the anouncer comes on and says "We have an important final score update. Troy State 14 Arkansas 13 ENJOY YOUR NUTT LED OFFENSE HUGGERS

Truth hurts.  :-(
Leave.

PowderedToastMan

Arkansas can beat all of them.  I don't know if they will, but they definitely can.

Do you see Tulsa beating Oklahoma?  Maybe if OU forgets to bring their starters, tulsa would have a chance.
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

Richard_white

Quote from: MuleriderFan on April 24, 2007, 03:38:32 pm

Arkansas can beat all of them.  I don't know if they will, but they definitely can.

Do you see Tulsa beating Oklahoma?  Maybe if OU forgets to bring their starters, tulsa would have a chance.

Could you see Boise St beat Oklahoma?

PowderedToastMan

Quote from: Richard_white on April 24, 2007, 03:39:43 pm

Are you actually comparing Boise to Tulsa?  Boise had the team last year to play with the big boys.  Tulsa is not even close right now.
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

Richard_white

Quote from: MuleriderFan on April 24, 2007, 03:55:45 pm

Are you actually comparing Boise to Tulsa?  Boise had the team last year to play with the big boys.  Tulsa is not even close right now.

Really?  So before the season started you knew they were going to be tough?  Did you also know that Rutgers would be as good as they were?  I'm sure you did.

PowderedToastMan

Quote from: Richard_white on April 24, 2007, 03:59:39 pm
Quote from: MuleriderFan on April 24, 2007, 03:55:45 pm

Really?  So before the season started you knew they were going to be tough?  Did you also know that Rutgers would be as good as they were?  I'm sure you did.

Anybody that paid attention to college football at the beginning of last season knew that Boise was going to be a tough team.  I don't know if I thought they were going to a BCS game or not, but I knew they were going to be tough.
Why are you bringing in rutgers? Not me or you or anybody else thought Rutgers would have a run like they did.
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

King of the Burbs

Well, we beat Bama, Auburn, Tennessee, and South Carolina last year.  Why couldn't we beat 4 out of 5 again this year?  We can and WE WILL!

hawgsav1

Anyone who has watched Boise play football over the past 5 years knows how good they've been.  Without Louisville in CUSA there is no big-time threat in CUSA.  Tulsa just got in CUSA too.  Boise has been in the WAC for a while and the WAC is the best mid-major conference.  Fresno State didn't do good last year due to injuries but the year before they were the only team that gave USC a run besides Texas.  Every other team got blown out.  Hawaii is a pass happy offense and they're pretty bad too.  Boise is one of the few good mid-major teams.  Tulsa had one good year under Kragthorpe who is now at Louisville.  Also, people sit there and are obsessed with with spread offenses.  The only major conference where the spread offense has worked is West Virginia, and they run almost as much if not more than we do (they have a functional passing game, but more into that later).  Florida's offense barely worked out of the spread and would have been completely dysfunctional had it not been big plays by Percy Harvin on reverses, Chris Leak bombs to Dallas Baker.  Florida could barely run, and they couldn't run the option out of their vaunted "spread option".   Florida has a gimmicky offense.  I'd rather see a successful run game than a barely functioning spread offense. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

ksrazorback

UA Razorback Offense (Huggers) all the way with DMAC and Felix as runner up Heisman!!

:razorback:   Go Razorbacks        :razorback:        :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

mword

clemensrules01

you couldnt pay me to go and see a tulsa game.

go hogs.

moses_007

Arkansas, of course.  Some of us on here are still diehard fans of the Hogs. :razorback:

bullwarrior

I would pay for a tulsa ticket and pay for the gas to go to Tulsa rather than paying to see a run run run run punt offense
Have a good trip. 

Priceless

Enjoy watching Tulsa play that powerhouse schedule.

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

hogs dont cry

Good luck with that.  Nothing against Gus or Tulsa, but I'll watch a Heisman candidate run all day long.

TennesseeRaz

I've seen Nutt's offense for a decade.  No more.  I would like to see what Malzahn can really do when unleashed -- even if he won't have the studs he had at AR.

The Boar War

Well I guess its good that we live in a capitalistic society.  The upside for me is that there will be one less complainer in the stadium.  Enoy your precious hurricanes!

arslp

My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

jfb4ever

2 Questions? Can AR beat Oklahoma? Who will win the most games the next 4 years AR or Rutgers? Laugh all you want, but don't bet your money!!!!!!

badbeagle

Again, I don't give a damn about Tulsa.  I don't care who plays there, who coaches there, or whatever.  Unless, my son someday goes, there I will never care the least bit about Tulsa football. 

For what its worth, I would encourage my son to walk-on at Arkansas rather than take a full-ride to Tulsa, but that will be his choice.

I am not a hugger.

Wu Tang Clan

I wouldn't watch Tulsa play if they were playing in my front yard.

Shocktheman

Gus Huggers. . .enjoy the drive to Tulsa!  I am sure Tulsa is just gonna blow the competition away.  I will go ahead a stay with my team, The Arkansas Razorbacks!

PowderedToastMan

Quote from: jfb4ever on April 24, 2007, 10:39:54 pm
           2 Questions? Can AR beat Oklahoma? Who will win the most games the next 4 years AR or Rutgers? Laugh all you want, but don't bet your money!!!!!!

We are not playing OU this year (unless we happen to meet in a bowl game), so what difference does it make if we can beat them or not.  Rutgers is in a completely different league than us, so I could care less if they win more games than we do.  Plus, Rutgers might win just as many or more games than us, they play in a less-competitive league.  if we could play Cincinnati, UConn, and South florida every year we would win more games also.
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

jfb4ever

Troy, N TX, UL Monroe, FL Internation, Utah State