Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit picks SEC divisional champs for 2007 season

Started by pittstr, April 20, 2007, 10:35:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntinHog421

This ain't surprising. LSU and Florida are great teams. That just shows the talent of the SEC.
Now, look. Last year, LSU didn't go to the SEC championship game and still won the sugar bowl. In many ways, last year's outright division title was more of a curse than a blessing. We had to play a national champion. LSU played them once and lost to them. They didn't have to play them again.
I think this may be what happens at Arkansas. I think Arkansas and LSU will be undefeated in the SEC until the battle of the golden boot. (If, of course, LSU wins against Florida). If LSU wins that game, then they'll go to the SEC championship game to beat whoever, and we'll still get into a BCS bowl, being 11-1 at this point.
Nutt is gone, so let's move on.

mword

chirohog

Quote from: tigerLSU on April 20, 2007, 10:48:11 am
Quote from: bsking on April 20, 2007, 10:42:36 am
They dont really have a "star" runningback to put the load on his shoulders,

the strength of LSU team will be the RB, last season we had 0 running game. Next year we have 2 studs in Keiland williams and R.Murphy.
KW will be the second best RB in the SEC next to DMC

Just in case someone hasn't corrected you, the second best back in the SEC is also a Razorback.

HamShank

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 20, 2007, 10:41:48 am
I go with that.  I think Ole Miss is gonna suprise some folks this fall.

Ole Miss needs a coach, not just a recruiter.

beansandtaters

I don't think FL will repeat although they will of course be very good. TN will win the East with Ainge and that offense that experts say doesn't work in the SEC. The West will be won by the team with a defense that we will not run through without an effective passing game...LSU.

dahmer

Les Miles will become Les Miles this year.  Their defense will have to win games for them.  LSU fan will be bitter and Miles will be gone by Christmas...

Oh to have a real football program where winning it all matters...
More stupid photoshop pix of Dale!

vol_in_ar

Tennessee's going to take care of Florida's chances this year, in the Swamp..

It's time for Fulmer, Cut and Ainge to win a big one against Meyer...

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: spraycanhog on April 21, 2007, 11:00:26 am
Thats why it will be Tenn vs Ark,  the favored teams never win.

The running game never wins!
Go Hogs!
Fire Nutt!
Hire Gus!

No SEC West team has repeated as division champs since Alabama did it in the early 90s.
Interestingly enough, no team has played in the SEC Title game two years in a row at the Georgia Dome.  When Alabama went back-to-back, the first was at Legion Field.

I hope Arkansas can change history.

SPAL

Quote from: cbjagman on April 20, 2007, 10:48:43 am
Quote from: pittstr on April 20, 2007, 10:35:48 am
Herbstreit just picked LSU to win the West and Florida to win the East next season.
Gosh, since Herbstreit knows a lot about football should anyone be really surprised?

if he woud have picked arkansas, you would be hailing him the best ESPN personality. I guarantee it....but since he didnt, he obviously dont know much.

NCGatorBait

Quote from: vol_in_ar on April 21, 2007, 01:59:20 pm
Tennessee's going to take care of Florida's chances this year, in the Swamp..

It's time for Fulmer, Cut and Ainge to win a big one against Meyer...

Question is...can UT win the big games at home? Not lately anyway.

Tammany Tom

LSU has won the West in the odd year 3 times in a row (2001, 2003, & 2005). LSU was favored, in the preseason, in both 2003 and 2005 to win the West. It shouldn't be any different in 2007. The 2007 LSU defense very well could be better than the 2003 defense. The LSU offense is a question mark right now, with a new OC, new QB, and new WR's. Flynn looked very good in the Spring and should be one of the Top 5 QB's in the league, which will be good enough for this team. O-line is better than last year and LSU's running backs are a big improvement over last year. The biggest ? on the team is WR. Early Doucet will be one of the best WR's in the SEC, but LSU has to find a solid 2nd WR (right now it is Brandon LaFell) and a 3rd in spread formations.

I would list Tennessee as the favorite to win the East. Tennessee will be a lot better than they have been in the past couple of seasons. Tennessee has recruited extremely well over the past 5 years and have tremendous depth.

BigArkyintheRock

Looks like Kirk thinks they will play some ball this year, too.
And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!