Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alabama Offers Tyler Wilson of Greenwood

Started by BadDogGHSDogPound, April 12, 2007, 01:36:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BadDogGHSDogPound

Tyler Wilson received an official offer from Nick Saban by phone to attend Alabama this morning.

Some other big offers could be coming in the next couple of weeks.
2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2023 State Football Champions Greenwood Bulldogs. Follow The Bulldogs On www.GreenwoodDogPound.com

The Recruiting Guy

WILL CLINTON

I thought this was a dead period and coaches couldn't call recruits????
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

AnthroHog

Quote from: BadDogGHSDogPound on April 12, 2007, 01:36:07 pm
Tyler Wilson received an official offer from Nick Saban by phone to attend Alabama this morning.

Wow, that's impressive.  Good for him, hope he does well wherever he ends up.

Wes Craven

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on April 12, 2007, 01:47:04 pm

There is a difference between dead and silent periods. Chalk up yet another coach better than ours who has offered Tyler Wilson yet we are still sitting on our hands.

hog37

Annax10

Tyler is the bomb.  Gotta keep that Bulldog tradition alive!!  This kid is big time.
Also, Greenwood runs a HUNH spread offense [hmm, that sounds familiar...] and Tyler's talents would not be developed under Arkansas's current system.
I can't wait to watch a fellow Bulldog on tv playing in the SEC!

jb11

He could have text him by phone.

ntubjr

i knew he could be texted.he cannot be called. we are not going to offer him. we have offered casey weston of alabama.tyler told van horn he is going pro

arkjay19

Quote from: hog37 on April 12, 2007, 03:13:55 pm
He should have been our #1 target at QB.

most accounts have Youngblood rated higher.

mj4president

I think I remember Youngblood being a must get and we should get after him early according to yall. Wait could yall please check one more time what schools JY is looking at? Wait he is a RAZORBACK.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Ironhawg

Quote from: Wes Craven on April 12, 2007, 01:51:58 pm

There is a difference between dead and silent periods. Chalk up yet another coach better than ours who has offered Tyler Wilson yet we are still sitting on our hands.

Alabama makes offers so fast it just messes you up.

BadDogGHSDogPound

Quote from: ntubjr on April 12, 2007, 04:32:10 pm
tyler told van horn he is going pro

That would seem very hard to do considering Van horn and Tyler have never talked. He has only had conversation with the U of A pitching coach coach Butler. I'm not sure who's spinning that information out, but it's simply not true.
2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2023 State Football Champions Greenwood Bulldogs. Follow The Bulldogs On www.GreenwoodDogPound.com

brooks74

Quote from: Tomcat on April 12, 2007, 02:45:00 pm
I hope we offer him this weekend, too.  It'd be great to have the two best QB's in Arkansas...

It'd be great to have two qb's on scholarship period!

ceegar

I have my doubts that we will offer him.  Youngblood was the must get QB in the state.  I think he is plan c if a couple of other QBs dont come.  They are looking at a couple in Texas as well as OKla.  Im not even sure we need 2 in this class since we got 2 in the last.  JMO
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

MaconBacon

i knew he could be texted.he cannot be called. we are not going to offer him. we have offered casey weston of alabama.tyler told van horn he is going pro

We had better get Casey Weston.  This is the kid we dont want to miss out on.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: MaconBacon on April 13, 2007, 03:21:05 pm

We had better get Casey Weston.  This is the kid we dont want to miss out on.

Have you seen Casey Weston play?

hogball33

Greenwood has put out two of these guys in a row and I bet Nutt has never been
to Greenwood.

Hawgballz

Quote from: hogball33 on April 13, 2007, 07:16:32 pm
to Greenwood.

Your right, 2 out of the last 3 years they will have had their starting QB drafted by MLB.  Not bad.   ;)

Before I get jumped by all you Bulldog fans, I was joking.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

ntubjr

bad dog ,a media person who covers the hogs toldme this.he said he was quoting van horn

Annax10

Quote from: HawgBall06 on April 13, 2007, 07:47:45 pm
Quote from: hogball33 on April 13, 2007, 07:16:32 pm
to Greenwood.

Your right, 2 out of the last 3 years they will have had their starting QB drafted by MLB.  Not bad.   ;)

Before I get jumped by all you Bulldog fans, I was joking.

I guess that just means us Greenwood kids have got it goin on! :D

ProudPointerFan

April 15, 2007, 12:59:51 pm #22 Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 01:04:58 pm by ProudPointerFan
Quote from: BadDogGHSDogPound on April 12, 2007, 01:36:07 pm

Was it by phone text or by phone??? You either have your info wrong or you didnt state it correctly. The only way he could have been offered by phone is by text message. From your posts you seem to be very close to the family or possibly his parent. If this is the case... you need to make sure you arent posting anything that could harm his chance of receiving a scholarship. This is a quiet time and the Coaches are not allowed to contact the players by phone. Text messaging is allowed so if you have inside knowledge... make sure it is correctly posted. It could also cost the University a ton if their recruiter is making phone offers during a quiet time. Tyler is a great kid and I would hate to see his chances of a scholarship ruined by misinformation.

BadDogGHSDogPound

Okay... Since everyone has to have it detailed to understand it.

It was by phone, but no coach has contacted him by phone during this period. Any contact has gone through his head coach. This was prearranged between Alabama and his head coach where Tyler called Saban at a certain time.

He has been receiving numerous text messages from several coaches. Did any of you ever think that some of the text messages might say for the student athlete to call them??

bigguy551122

personally i would like to have tyler wilson over youngblood , i see more potential in tyler.
perfection is all i expect.

perfectgame

Quote from: BadDogGHSDogPound on April 12, 2007, 08:45:09 pm
tyler told van horn he is going pro

That would seem very hard to do considering Van horn and Tyler have never talked. He has only had conversation with the U of A pitching coach coach Butler. I'm not sure who's spinning that information out, but it's simply not true.

i thought the pitching coach was Dave Jorn or he was when we went for a visit. has that changed?

ProudPointerFan

Quote from: BadDogGHSDogPound on April 15, 2007, 01:32:47 pm

It was by phone, but no coach has contacted him by phone during this period. Any contact has gone through his head coach. This was prearranged between Alabama and his head coach where Tyler called Saban at a certain time.

He has been receiving numerous text messages from several coaches. Did any of you ever think that some of the text messages might say for the student athlete to call them??

Touchy arent we???

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: bigguy551122 on April 15, 2007, 07:43:21 pm
personally i would like to have tyler wilson over youngblood , i see more potential in tyler.

There is more potential in Youngblood, the better player is Tyler. 

ConwayHog

Quote from: ProudPointerFan on April 16, 2007, 07:26:38 am
Quote from: BadDogGHSDogPound on April 15, 2007, 01:32:47 pm

Touchy arent we???

No, I think folks are just annoying with their questions.