Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kodi Burns Father's DTS Audio Link

Started by TulsaHogFan, April 09, 2007, 10:21:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TulsaHogFan

I hope this is allowed, but here is the audio of Kodi Burns Father on DTS.

http://drod.powweb.com/Schaeffer_gets_pwnt.mp3

Listen to it and make your own decisions.

Great audio in my opinion.

Porkahontas

Who is this Beau McCastlin character?

There's some major inconsistencies going on out there. Either Rick Schaeffer is a liar, Beau is a liar, Kodi Burn's dad is a liar, or the BAC held back some major information on some FOI's.

I'm pretty sure Kodi Burn's dad isn't the liar in this mess.

Someone out there has some explaining to do over this...

CallThemHawgs!

cmakrzrbak

That was awesome.  I wonder how Nutt would rebut this phone call?

It proves underlying problems with our coaching staff and, more specifically, Nutt's handling of the recruiting of our best in state players.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

gibby

Thanks for the link.  Fuel for the fire.

malcontent

thanks for the link. i didn't get to hear that on the air this afternoon.  I wish more callers with the facts would call in and shed some light on how that administration conducts themselves and represent our state.

hogman64

Rich picks and chooses what sources he believes based on whether or not it advances his cause of supporting Nutt......had the same guy said something that put Nutt in a bad light, Rick would never have quoted him........I think it is hilarious he got called out  for it.........

Richard_white

It's sad that is has gotten this far to prove HDN troubles.  Lack in recruiting.  Lack in coaching.  Lying and conspiracies.  How can one man want to be here after all this?...for 1.2-1.5 million dollars?

How can he survive this after this season?  After the head coach Frank Broyles leaves, Who does he have left to protect him? 

mountainhog

That was great , thanks for the link lsu fan!

ghg1

Is there any room left for Mr. Burns and his son under the bus?

RD

wawa111

I thought it was hilarious that RIck was like well I have a really good source who tells me this is what happened...what makes you think he is wrong..."well rick I am his father" and rick said uh uh uh uh dubbba uh uh well well...my source said...WELL RICK YOUR SOURCE LIED! I laughed for like 30 minutes after this happened..

ocelot_ark

At least give credit to the source of your link.

dchogfanindc

What I love is at the end of the audio, Rick still maintains he was only reporting what his source told him.

Last I checked, those people with "journalism majors" (as Rick mentioned he had in a piss poor attempt to discredit Wally) are taught you need at least two sources.

Without a second source, it is a "rumor."

I thought Rick doesn't deal in rumors.

Hogsooey

razornole

Quote from: Hogsooey on April 09, 2007, 11:18:54 pm
Listening to that made my day.  

agreed that and the presser made for a good day
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

the_rifleman

Now, listen mister!!! HAHAHA Finally, Rick gets slammed.... :razorback:
Lucas McCain OUT-

10thPlanet

ghg1

razornole

Quote from: Tulsahontas on April 09, 2007, 10:23:20 pm

There's some major inconsistencies going on out there. Either Rick Schaeffer is a liar, Beau is a liar, Kodi Burn's dad is a liar, or the BAC held back some major information on some FOI's.

\\

somebody said he is a mod here in HV.  I don't recall any of his posts tho

HeathHateMe

Man, Hats off to Mister Burns.  He showed a lot more restraint than I would have used.  I hope Rick is inundated with calls about this tomorrow.

1.  So Rick you make assumptions based on what your sources tell you, but we can't make assumptions based on the cell phone records.

2.  Rick, what's the drying cleaning bill on your pants going to run you.

A hero kills people, people that wish him harm. A hero is part human and part supernatural. A hero is born out of a childhood trauma, or out of a disaster, and must be avenged.

Hog_Beatz

Quote from: razornole on April 09, 2007, 11:34:08 pm

\\

somebody said he is a mod here in HV.  I don't recall any of his posts tho

Take note of the lists of mods at the bottom of the page.

Beau McCastlain

April 10, 2007, 12:19:36 am #26 Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 02:14:23 am by Beau McCastlain
   Sorry for taking so long to respond on this but it's been a busy day around here.  Just want to clear some things up.  Nobody is lieing in this whole ordeal. The other day on Drive Time callers were stating over and over again that Houston never contacted Kodi. Someone brought up that Houston could have used another phone. No one (Rick, Randy, or Cain) knew if Houston had used another phone to contact him. I have Rick's cell number and called during the break (I don't call into the show, that show's air time is for the fans). The day Ziemba announced his committment to Auburn I went and interviewed Burns. Keep in mind at this time Gus was gone and D. Lee was in place. I asked Kodi if Houston had started trying to recruit him now that things had changed. He said Houston started calling and texting as soon as Gus left. I knew how firm Kodi's commitment was to Auburn so I asked him "is it getting annoying". He said "I just told him to leave me alone in a nice way".

We never went into the amount of text or calls.  I didn't ask "how many" text and phone calls because I didn't know we would end up breaking down phone records and requesting FOIA's. I passed the information along to DTS just so they could be informed and had no intentions of it turning into the debate that happened today.

I understand why Kodi's father was so upset today. For the last year Kodi has been in the spotlight and used as a pawn for both huggers and haters. Meanwhile Kodi has had an amazing senior year at Northside in football, basketball and track. All of which is overshadowed by the "soap opera". I blame everyone for that.....huggers....haters.....and even us in the media!!!!!

With the recent events such as FOI's  I should have checked back with Kodi and asked "exactly how many" calls and texts were made. I never intended for Kodi to be used as a debate and hate that once again instead of talking about his accomplishments on the field we are talking about his recruitment. 

Finally, I never intended to be an unnamed source in this whole deal. Didn't know I was a "source" until I just listened to the link. After talking with Rick I went to interview Brandon Dean. I had no problem with Rick using my name and probably should have made that clear. No one is lieing in this deal and if anyone is to blame here it is me for not explaing it better.

Having said that, lets celebrate!!!! We got a new coach again!!!!!!!!!! He's made it 9 hours so far!!!!! My take: Pelphrey is a good one!!!
"Hey!!! Let's go huntin'!!!"

humbucker311

Wow.  Rick is never wrong is he?  Or, if he is, its not his fault and was given bad information, huh??  That was hilarious.  I bet afterwards Rick was like, "Well Golleeeee gosh darn dangit."  Funny stuff.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: humbucker311 on April 10, 2007, 12:45:51 am
Wow.  Rick is never wrong is he?  Or, if he is, its not his fault and was given bad information, huh??  That was hilarious.  I bet afterwards Rick was like, "Well Golleeeee gosh darn dangit."  Funny stuff.

Yeah, I wonder how that would work if the tables were turned?

I mean, what if I called into DTS and told Rick on the air that I have good sources that say that he likes to dress up in a ballerina outfit in his spare time.  He could say that I'm a "Liar, Mister!!!"  I would then reply that "well, uhh, that is what my sources tell me so, uhhh, I'm sticking with the story."

I'm sure Rick would just agree to disagree and let me have my say.

arslp

Who in the world cares????????????  How could HDN have texted Kodi/why would he have texted Kodi after Gus left at all?  Gus left in January & Kodi verbally committed to Auburn in November - the 9th.  This is much adieu about nothing.  Kodi's dad also said it was over & done with; time to move on, and that he didn't mind if Rick supported HDN; just don't refer to Kodi having received numerous text messages from him.  Of course that doesn't fit with the assault campaign, so let the gossip continue.  If anybody cares for any facts (not really; not unless they're derogatory) then read the other thread with the link about Kodi's recruiting (since he was a sophomore).  You probably won't want to do that though; doesn't fit with the bashing.

Love & kisses (you people sound like you need some hugs)
Frances   
My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

Beau McCastlain

Quote from: Bogarto on April 10, 2007, 01:24:09 am
Quote from: Beau McCastlain on April 10, 2007, 12:19:36 am
   Sorry for taking so long to respond on this but it's been a busy day around here.  Just want to clear some things up.  Nobody is lieing in this whole ordeal. The other day on Drive Time callers were stating over and over again that Houston never contacted Kodi. Someone brought up that Houston could have used another phone. No one (Rick, Randy, or Cain) knew if Houston had used another phone to contact him. I have Rick's cell number and called during the break (I don't call into the show, that show's air time is for the fans). The day Ziemba announced his committment to Auburn ,I went and interviewed Burns. Keep in mind at this time Gus was gone and D. Lee was in place. I asked Kodi if Houston had started trying to recruit him now that things had changed. He said Houston started calling and texting as soon as Gus left. I knew how firm Kodi's commitment was to Auburn so I asked him "is it getting annoying". He said "I just told him to leave me alone in a nice way".

We never went into the amount of text or calls.  I didn't ask "how many" text and phone calls because I didn't know we would end up breaking down phone records and requesting FOIA's. I passed the information along to DTS just so they could be informed and had no intentions of it turning into the debate that happened today.

I understand why Kodi's father was so upset today. For the last year Kodi has been in the spotlight and used as a pawn for both huggers and haters. Meanwhile Kodi has had an amazing senior year at Northside in football, basketball and track. All of which is overshadowed by the "soap opera". I blame everyone for that.....huggers....haters.....and even us in the media!!!!!

With the recent events such as FOI's  I should have checked back with Kodi and asked "exactly how many" calls and texts were made. I never intended for Kodi to be used as a debate and hate that once again instead of talking about his accomplishments on the field we are talking about his recruitment. 

Finally, I never intended to be an unnamed source in this whole deal. Didn't know I was a "source" until I just listened to the link. After talking with Rick I went to interview Brandon Dean. I had no problem with Rick using my name and probably should have made that clear. No one is lieing in this deal and if anyone is to blame here it is me for not explaing it better.

Having said that, lets celebrate!!!! We got a new coach again!!!!!!!!!! He's made it 9 hours so far!!!!! My take: Pelphrey is a good one!!!

I didn't know Ziemba committed to Florida. Bottom line is sunshine got owned by Old Man Burns.

Ooops!!!! My bad. It's been a long day!! Got it fixed.
"Hey!!! Let's go huntin'!!!"

Dugann

great Tulsa thank you very very much for that  ;D
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Chief Mac

"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

r-neezy

Ok, Rick got his info from the wrong source. In my opinion, it is no different than reporters getting info from sources that claim Nutt will be fired today or that Heath had to get in the Tourney to save his job.

Bottom Line- Many people have been getting their story wrong around here these days.

jk591

Quote from: r-neezy on April 10, 2007, 06:58:54 am
Ok, Rick got his info from the wrong source. In my opinion, it is no different than reporters getting info from sources that claim Nutt will be fired today or that Heath had to get in the Tourney to save his job.

Bottom Line- Many people have been getting their story wrong around here these days.

Bottom line is that Rick uses sources when it is convenient to him, when others use sources that are different than his company line, he says we have to here directly from the person.  For example, when Malzhaan left, Rick would never hear of any sources that said that Gus was misled, etc. and said we had to hear directly from Gus.  Its hypocritical and sickening.

toshortrock

one of u nutt ball huggers said that nutt didn;t text because kodi committed to auburn,well he committed he didn;t sign yet,u think other coaches stop recruiting players because of a sudden they say their going to whoevrer,they don't stop untill the kid signs on the dotted line,maybe thats why other schools r always on top,and here except by accident last year we;re always near the bottom,and beleive me,we will be in the middle of the pack this round and not on not on top
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Porkahontas

Quote from: donewithdale on April 09, 2007, 11:11:01 pm
So has Odus melted down on his board over this?  Kodi's father also called him out since he was the one spreading the rumor about race in order to build an excuse for Nutt.

Check my sig line. That's the tip of the iceberg. ;)

Thanks for clearing that up, Beau, but the cruix of the problem with most of us out here is that Rick will spin anything he possibly can to cast HDN in a positive light and he'll ignore everything else if it isn't a benefit to the establishment.

I don't honestly see how you can say everyone is using Kodi as a pawn in all of this. It seems quite obvious to me that Kodi's dad pretty much came straight out and chose what side of this mess he's on. It's one thing for one party to use a kid like this by manipulating the facts and only picking the information that might be a benefit for them. It's another thing when the kid's dad comes on the radio and straight up tells the mouthpiece to quit using his son to try to prop up Houston Nutt.

There's one side in this mess who wants the truth. The problem is nobody wants to give it to us so some decided to take matters into their own hands. If there was a system of accountability in place (checks and balances), it would have never got to this point.

On the other side, you've got those who are gonna defend Houston Nutt to their dying breath. They'll ignore the facts and every single piece of evidence that points right to what's going on by finding a single sentence somewhere and dwelling on that to try to make HDN come out of it looking like a saint. Odds are this same group knows where their bread is buttered and therefore they don't have a speck of integrity when it comes to journalism.

There's a LOT of people out here wanting answers to some of the things in that 48 page document. Houston Nutt has been amazingly silent. What's that saying, if you can't say anything good, don't say anything at all? Could it be he's backed in a corner and pretty much caught red-handed, so he's gonna keep his mouth shut and let his mouthpieces and this good ol' boy system protect him?

pigfeet

Since 1894

Sorry for taking so long to respond on this but it's been a busy day around here.  Just want to clear some things up.  Nobody is lieing in this whole ordeal. The other day on Drive Time callers were stating over and over again that Houston never contacted Kodi. Someone brought up that Houston could have used another phone. No one (Rick, Randy, or Cain) knew if Houston had used another phone to contact him. I have Rick's cell number and called during the break (I don't call into the show, that show's air time is for the fans). The day Ziemba announced his committment to Auburn I went and interviewed Burns. Keep in mind at this time Gus was gone and D. Lee was in place. I asked Kodi if Houston had started trying to recruit him now that things had changed. He said Houston started calling and texting as soon as Gus left. I knew how firm Kodi's commitment was to Auburn so I asked him "is it getting annoying". He said "I just told him to leave me alone in a nice way".

Thanks for telling us the "Rest of the Story"
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

razornole

EastexHawg

Anyone ever notice that Rick, Chuck, Clay, and Otis never quote information and run with stories from a source who turns out to be "mistaken" if the story the source relates does not paint Nutt as a great coach, humanitarian, teacher, molder of young lives, and ambassador for the state and the university?

HogNuttz

Schaffer constantly belittles everything from the darkside becuase it is rumors, or hearsay, or there is no evidence (exxcluding MASSIVE circumstantial evidence in some cases), but then he gets busted exaggerating second hand information that defends Nutt.

The pot can't call the kettle black.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

porkchopscott

April 10, 2007, 09:07:09 am #42 Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 09:32:56 am by porkchopscott
Rick how does the crow taste, didn't have time to pluck the feathers

PiggyBack

Quote from: donewithdale on April 10, 2007, 08:02:13 am
Quote from: Tulsahontas on April 10, 2007, 07:22:35 am
Quote from: donewithdale on April 09, 2007, 11:11:01 pm
So has Odus melted down on his board over this?  Kodi's father also called him out since he was the one spreading the rumor about race in order to build an excuse for Nutt.

Check my sig line. That's the tip of the iceberg. ;)

What a professional and great person Odus is.

Otis has been very adamant that he is NOT a professional.
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

anthonytkr

Arkapigdiesel

You could hear crickets on the other side of the mic when Kodi's dad was speaking.  I wish more of the parents would get on the public airwaves and set straight some of the untruths when it comes to HDN's recruiting practices.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

TheOtherWhiteMeat

socalhogcaller

Quote from: wawa111 on April 09, 2007, 10:58:19 pm
I thought it was hilarious that RIck was like well I have a really good source who tells me this is what happened...what makes you think he is wrong..."well rick I am his father" and rick said uh uh uh uh dubbba uh uh well well...my source said...WELL RICK YOUR SOURCE LIED! I laughed for like 30 minutes after this happened..

It was ownage enough how it really went down...when you change it, it's no longer true.  If it aint true, it aint ownage.

MCPeePants

I totally agree with your point about it being sad and unfortunate that this whole soap opera has overshadowed Kodi's great accomplishments in multiple sports at Northside this year. He is a great talent and a great kid.

However, I do have a question for you:

You say that "Nobody is lieing in this whole ordeal" and you say that when you called Rick on DTS during the break, you "passed the information along to DTS just so they could be informed." The information you claim to have passed along concerned your conversation with Kodi about Houston's text messages to him and you say that in that conversation with Kodi "We never went into the amount of text or calls.  I didn't ask "how many" text and phone calls..." 

At the 2:35-2:38 mark of the audio clip, Rick Schaeffer clearly claims that you told him that Nutt had text messaged Kodi "frequently" and "so much that Kodi said stop."

That conflicts with your account here. So my question to you is: Did you tell Rick that Kodi had said that Nutt had TM'd him "frequently" and that Nutt had TM'd him "so much that Kodi said stop"?

If not, then Rick is indeed a liar, is he not? 

hogsNbeer

Bwaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!  That was AWESOME!!!!!    Man, I wish I could have heard that live.....I laughed so hard!!!!!!     Schaeffer got OWNED!!!!!  Now that's priceless!!!! Right there.....

I like MR Burns!  Thank you sir!