Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DTS: Kodi Burns' father says Nutt did NOT text Kodi 1000s of times

Started by Big Papa Satan, April 09, 2007, 06:40:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

The whole jest of the call from Mr. Burns, was to tell rick not to use his son again to make nutt look good...It was quite obvious that he did not care for nutt........

Bigfoot

Quote from: Houston hater on April 09, 2007, 07:11:46 pm
I love the huggers coming out of their gay closet to defend a fellow hugger!  What has Gus got to do with the lies that Rick has been spewing and just got caught telling?

rick hasnt been spewing lies. rick very clearly said why he believed it was true. open your ears and shut your mouth and you might be educated!         out!

arklahoman36

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 09, 2007, 06:44:52 pm
Mr. Burns stated emphatically that he does not want his son's name brought up to defend Nutt.

Rick is apologizing for doing it.

He also said he did not want his son's name invoked by those bashing HDN. He said it's done, time to stop it, leave Kodi's name out of it.

arklahoman36

Quote from: bigfoot on April 09, 2007, 07:15:21 pm
I love the huggers coming out of their gay closet to defend a fellow hugger!  What has Gus got to do with the lies that Rick has been spewing and just got caught telling?

rick hasnt been spewing lies. rick very clearly said why he believed it was true. open your ears and shut your mouth and you might be educated!         out!

If Rick was worth his salt, he would have at least tried to confirm what he said.
I suspect he's lying about what an alleged reporter told him, and saying "I won't name him (the reporter)" to CYA.

judgeroyswine

Quote from: Hogtide on April 09, 2007, 07:09:10 pm
Quote from: mikeirwin on April 09, 2007, 06:54:03 pm
Quote from: jhog on April 09, 2007, 06:51:48 pm
So Gus never sent a text to Kodi? I thought Kodi was one of Gus's main targets?  Looks like there is quite a bit of blame to go around.

Did he say Gus did not text Kodi or did he say HDN did not text Kodi ?

Quote from: probiotic on April 09, 2007, 06:54:55 pm
hey huggers, no one said Gus didn't text Kodi.

Maybe we should dig in Malzhan's phone records and find out.

Well, hush up and get to diggin'.  You are really getting annoying.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

Semper Hogelis

So. HDN didn't text Codi until Gus left. Hmmm. Maybe Gus was recruiting Cody, and after he left HDN took it over.
Also. Cody was never coming here, and he made it clear he was solid with Auburn, and that wasn't changing. The point of a text would have been what. To change his mind like Damian and Mitch. How did that work out.
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

CCCharlie

Quote from: Hoop on April 09, 2007, 06:45:01 pm
Rick your sources SUCK!!!!

His source is whatever the UofA athletic dept wants him to say.
Like I have said before, he is the Baghdad Bob of Arkansas.
He is willfully blind, and is a Snake.

jhog

If you think Rick would flat out lie, then you need to check yourself. He may have been misinformed, but to think he would make up a lie is obsurd.

JadedHog

HDN only has enough time to send only so many text messages a day.  We know for a fact that many of those text messages were going out to people who werent' recruits.  Maybe HDN needs a priority-check.  But I guess if you can have mediocre seasons and keep your job the pressure to recruit isn't there.  RS will come on Drive Time and try and convince everyone we just can't recruit in poor ole Arkansas.

Bigfoot

Quote from: jhog on April 09, 2007, 07:19:18 pm
If you think Rick would flat out lie, then you need to check yourself. He may have been misinformed, but to think he would make up a lie is obsurd.
i agree 100%

wooo

Quote from: Semper Hogelis on April 09, 2007, 07:18:32 pm
So. HDN didn't text Codi until Gus left. Hmmm. Maybe Gus was recruiting Cody, and after he left HDN took it over.
Also. Cody was never coming here, and he made it clear he was solid with Auburn, and that wasn't changing. The point of a text would have been what. To change his mind like Damian and Mitch. How did that work out.

for the last time (I doubt it)the point is this:

Rick was saying that HDN was calling Kodi so much that Kodi had to tell HDN to stop recruiting him cuz he was going to AU.

Kodi's dad says that HDN text messaged Kodi 2-3 times and only after Gus left.

THEREFORE-Rick's spin to show how much HDN was recruiting don't hold water

Dugann

this is just too damn funny u go mr burns!  Still think nutt is the great one huggers. too bad so many don't follow the lead.  this is just too damn good good good good!!
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

edt

I bet if you get Gus's phone records he wasn't texting his lady friend 19 minutes before kick off of the bowl game.  Hogtide

wooo

pass the Kool-aid

youz intoximocated!

arklahoman36

Willful ignorance to further an agenda is a lie, except to those people who support the same agenda.

billyjoeswine

It didn't work out, and our coaches probably learned from that experience.

football-writer

Quote from: arklahoman36 on April 09, 2007, 07:15:40 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 09, 2007, 06:44:52 pm
Mr. Burns stated emphatically that he does not want his son's name brought up to defend Nutt.

Rick is apologizing for doing it.

He also said he did not want his son's name invoked by those bashing HDN. He said it's done, time to stop it, leave Kodi's name out of it.

Sounds like he is bashing...well...all of Hogville....Now let's all bend over and take our spankings
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

Semper Hogelis

Quote from: edt on April 09, 2007, 07:22:45 pm
I bet if you get Gus's phone records he wasn't texting his lady friend 19 minutes before kick off of the bowl game.  Hogtide
No. Gus was texting the future head coach at Tulsa.
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

Bigfoot

your gonna get yourself banned! watch what you post! no need to bring that kind of crap in here.

BartIV

Misinformed/lie.... whatever you like to call it.  After this, no one should put down Wally Hall again. He is looking like the only honest one.

Bigfoot

your gonna get yourself banned! watch what you post! no need to bring that kind of crap in here.

spraycanhog

So the same people begging for Nutt to be a CEO are now bitching that he isnt as involved?

Bigfoot

boarhog12

I listened to DTS and the call. Something is wrong with my radio because y'all heard things I didn't hear. What I heard was Gus was in contact with KB up intill he went to Tulsa then Nutt texts 3 times and KB told him to stop because he had made his mind up and he wasn't coming to Ark so Nutt didn't text anymore.

And why do you have to call names? If you don't have anything else to say why say anything? I'm not gay but if I was it's none of your business. Why not just try and make your point without showing your IQ.

hogheart

kodi will be a  receiver at auburn...don't lose sleep over it...he is gone, never to be a razorback...look to the future, not the past...i think kodi's dad is protecting his son's image, but is uptight because he sees what could have been at arkansas, and what will probably be at auburn...i wish him well and hope i am wrong...he seems like a nice young man

boarhog12

April 09, 2007, 07:28:03 pm #125 Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 07:52:00 pm by boarhog12
 :razorback:

hogheart

April 09, 2007, 07:30:47 pm #126 Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 07:32:30 pm by hogheart
gone

RebelliousHog

Quote from: BartIV on April 09, 2007, 07:12:11 pm
Here it is for all too see, Huggers and Darksiders need to watch this. This will explain Houston Nutts recruiting strategy. Watch the interview.

http://www.todaysthv.com/sports/story.aspx?storyid=39797
Vedy eenteresting.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

arslp

Quote from: Winner on April 09, 2007, 07:10:12 pm
Newsflash: Nutt is not a good recruiter. Who is surprised that he doesn't do the things good recruiters do.

DMac*Jones*Monk*Hillis*Anderson*Olajabutu*Grant*Houston*

Are you just stupid?
My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hogtide on April 09, 2007, 06:44:15 pm
Quote from: donewithdale on April 09, 2007, 06:42:35 pm
WOW- Rick is busted.  Nutt didn't text him till after Gus left.  So its proven that HDN was neglecting a top qb recruit.  Oh well, we have our qb's we got over Mo Southern and Texas State Armadillos and Baylor... ALL IS WELL!!!!!!!

Gus is the one that should have been texting him.  That was Gus's recruit over all the other QB's we could have recruited including Mallet, he wanted Burns.  You want to blame somebody blame your boy Malzhan.
Sorry Hogtide, not this time. this is on nutt.

HUNGRYHAWG

Quote from: razor222 on April 09, 2007, 07:27:35 pm
What little, if any, credibility Rick had is gone.

Thank you mister!  LMAO

CCCharlie

Your judgment is about as good as your spelling.

forrest city joe

Quote from: boarhog12 on April 09, 2007, 07:28:03 pm
I listened to DTS and the call. Something is wrong with my radio because y'all heard things I didn't hear. What I heard was Gus was in contact with KB up intill he went to Tulsa then Nutt texts 3 times and KB told him to stop because he had made his mind up and he wasn't coming to Ark so Nutt didn't text anymore.

And why do you have to call names? If you don't have anything else to say why say anything? I'm not gay but if I was it's none of your business. Why not just try and make your point without showing your IQ.
Mr. Burns heard it. and he disagree's with you.

Hogtide

I guess we won't know who Malzhan was texting until the phone records are dug up.  I in no way agree with what Nutt was doing but I'm not stupid either.  Losing Kodi Burns was not Nutts fault that's the only point I'm trying to make here.

TX SUX

Quote from: JIHawg on April 09, 2007, 06:44:25 pm
Rick changed his story right there on the air, trying to wiggle out of it.  Mr. Burns exposed Rick as a liar.

Burns simply discredited Rick's source..  Get your facts straight.

josh_sec33

Can't wait for the call to be posted.

Can't wait to hear this.Told my wife teh gist of this thread, and she started cackling.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

CCCharlie

Quote from: Hogtide on April 09, 2007, 07:35:27 pm

I guess we won't know who Malzhan was texting until the phone records are dug up.  I in no way agree with what Nutt was doing but I'm not stupid either.  Losing Kodi Burns was not Nutts fault that's the only point I'm trying to make here.

So who does the buck stop with? Papa Broyles?
If Nutt was on trial and admitted to shooting someone, you (and Rick) would blame the gun manufacturer. Pathetic.

judgeroyswine

Then dig up his phone records and PROVE your point.  My goodness man, quit waiting on someone else to do your dirty work.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

TX SUX

Quote from: boarhog12 on April 09, 2007, 07:27:13 pm

Boarhog,  i'm glad you heard what I did.  I was about to go to my car and throw the radio out.  Thought it must be broke...

dmac_iz_kin

Quote from: mikeirwin on April 09, 2007, 06:46:10 pm
I love it. He is finally speaking out.
If more people like that would speak up (Beck, Mitch, Damian are you reading this ?) some of the rumors would no longer be rumors.

Mike it really does not do their kids any favor to speak up and start contraversy against a major D1 coach, the sec coty. I see your logic in it but does it really does those kids favors for their athletic futures to try to bury the man? remember HDN is a real good liar and decent about defending himself
"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

Shaquille O-squeal

Listen here Mister....

I am paid to pump sunshine and I will defend Dale to my very last breath. He is my God and I love him to bits! Did I mention that I love Nutts??? Golly gee wiz!

Hogtide

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 09, 2007, 07:33:32 pm
WOW- Rick is busted.  Nutt didn't text him till after Gus left.  So its proven that HDN was neglecting a top qb recruit.  Oh well, we have our qb's we got over Mo Southern and Texas State Armadillos and Baylor... ALL IS WELL!!!!!!!

Gus is the one that should have been texting him.  That was Gus's recruit over all the other QB's we could have recruited including Mallet, he wanted Burns.  You want to blame somebody blame your boy Malzhan.

You're a well respected man on this board so please explain to me how it's Nutts fault?  Ever heard of Kevin Steele, Bo Pelini, Jimbo Fisher, Ronnie Cottrell.  Those are or were assistant coaches who go after the big time prospects for the big time schools.  Malzhan is not in their realm.  Malzhan stated from day one that they would recruit no one else besides Kodi Burns.  So please tell me Joe how Nutt could have made a difference in Burn's decision.  I mean after all if his position coach and the guy that he would be learning from his college career can't get him on the team then how could the head coach?  You can buy that garbage Joe but I'm not.  There is nothing Nutt could have done to get Burns period.

Earl

Quote from: wooo on April 09, 2007, 07:21:41 pm

Rick was saying that HDN was calling Kodi so much that Kodi had to tell HDN to stop recruiting him cuz he was going to AU.

How could it be more clear then that???

edt

Bigfoot, can't you stand the truth, Nutt did it, where was his head, sure wasn't on the bowl game.

Hogtide

Quote from: judgeroyswine on April 09, 2007, 07:38:42 pm

Then dig up his phone records and PROVE your point.  My goodness man, quit waiting on someone else to do your dirty work.

I don't want to dig up his phone records.  I have a life and was taking a pop shot at the clown who dug up HDN's records. 

Hogs-n-Roses

Youknow Shaq, what puzzles me is when Rick was covering the S'Dale football games Mitch's Sr. year he felt the way you just described about Mitchand Gus, in the recruitment also. Now he trashes them. He's lost alot of credibility with me over the last year.

Shaquille O-squeal

Quote from: Hogtide on April 09, 2007, 07:40:14 pm

You're a well respected man on this board so please explain to me how it's Nutts fault?  Ever heard of Kevin Steele, Bo Pelini, Jimbo Fisher, Ronnie Cottrell.  Those are or were assistant coaches who go after the big time prospects for the big time schools.  Malzhan is not in their realm.  Malzhan stated from day one that they would recruit no one else besides Kodi Burns.  So please tell me Joe how Nutt could have made a difference in Burn's decision.  I mean after all if his position coach and the guy that he would be learning from his college career can't get him on the team then how could the head coach?  You can buy that garbage Joe but I'm not.  There is nothing Nutt could have done to get Burns period.

Funny how the assistant takes blame for the failures of the head coach. Wait...Dale's not the head coach? Wow...what a revelation...I never knew...

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: Hogtide on April 09, 2007, 07:40:14 pm

The head coach is ultimately responsible for everything that goes on in his program (the good and the bad)!

dchogfanindc

so when is the call audio going to be posted.

All (well, at least me) us out-of-staters are dying to hear it.

TX SUX

Quote from: Earl on April 09, 2007, 07:41:52 pm
Quote from: wooo on April 09, 2007, 07:21:41 pm

How could it be more clear then that???

Rick was quoting a source.....  What do you not understand about that?