Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Memphis Tigers.Org is having a field day with Hogville.

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, April 06, 2007, 04:43:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kpigout

Quote from: missjtiger on April 07, 2007, 08:47:16 am
Quote from: jxhopper on April 07, 2007, 08:11:31 am
Quote from: missjtiger on April 06, 2007, 07:49:21 pm
Quote from: Hogpuddin on April 06, 2007, 07:43:42 pm
Quote from: missjtiger on April 06, 2007, 07:38:24 pm
Quote from: BIGHOGFAN05 on April 06, 2007, 07:33:36 pm
ALL coach Cal does for recruiting at memphis is go to the local jail and find all thugs and hardend criminals that can dribble, then he does more "shady" business... THEN HE PLAYS NO COMPETITION so that there record is good, b/c we all know that CUSA is a perinial powerhouse in all athletics

I don't think you want to start comparing thugary...I believe Ark. would win that hands down.

Whatever, have you ever stepped outside of Memphis and then looked in?  :)

yes...as a matter of fact I have. I live in Mississippi and look "in" Memphis every day....and your point is ?

I believe the point is that it's the universally agreed upon dumpster of the south. Tiger fans just can't see it.

well....that may be true to some but a few past and present residents would probably disagree.
FRED SMITH, JERRY WEST, Kathy Bates, Craig Brewer, Issac Brace, Dixie Carter, Johnny Cash, John Daly, Shannon Doherty, Arethea Franklin, Morgan Freeman, David Gest, Al Green, Elvis, Penny Hardaway, Isaac Hayes, Michael Jeter, B.B. King, Jerry Lee Lewis, Tim McCarver, Willie Mitchell, Cindy Parlow, Dr. Cary Middlecoff, Sam Phillips, David Porter, Otis Redding, Charlie Rich, Loren Roberts, Cybill Shepherd, Danny Thomas, Justin Timberlake, Ike Turner, Kirk Whalum, Reggie White, Kemmons Wilson.....the list goes on and on

Fortune 500 companies...Service Master, AutoZone,Int'l Paper and Fed Ex...they don't seem to mind the horrid nasty Memphis either ???? hummmmm ? Ask anyone that has had to make St. Jude their home for awhile in nasty Memphis just how much they hate the city. ok...done with trying to defend Memphis...sorry for the rant.

MissJ...All you're doing is feeding the chickens here. You know what they say.....One day it's chicken, the next day it's chickenshit....

missjtiger

Quote from: MissPiggy2 on April 07, 2007, 09:30:19 am
Not many of those listed actually live HERE now. 

wrong...actually most DO and several have homes elsewhere also.

LoseAnutt

The only time I ever hear the term "M e m p h r i c a" (sorry mods apparently banned the word) is when a group of racists are using the term among themselves. This is the first time I've ever seen that term publicly and I bet you that the person that said it would never use that term out in public.

missjtiger

Quote from: LoseAnutt on April 07, 2007, 09:46:44 am
The only time I ever hear the term "M e m p h r i c a" (sorry mods apparently banned the word) is when a group of racists are using the term among themselves. This is the first time I've ever seen that term publicly and I bet you that the person that said it would never use that term out in public.

I bet you're right about that...it's so easy to be a big bad a$$ behind a keyboard. I have a few friends that would love to talk face to face with anyone that uses that word.

RazorNick

QuoteI bet you're right about that...it's so easy to be a big bad a$$ behind a keyboard. I have a few friends that would love to talk face to face with anyone that uses that word.

And what are you doing? Your friends are probably to scared to leave the house in Memphro.

LoseAnutt

Quote from: Hog-fan-in-mizzou on April 07, 2007, 09:58:27 am
QuoteI bet you're right about that...it's so easy to be a big bad a$$ behind a keyboard. I have a few friends that would love to talk face to face with anyone that uses that word.

And what are you doing? Your friends are probably to scared to leave the house in Memphro.

Seriously though, recruits read these boards, and what can they think about the UofA when they see the school's fans making comments like this? Northwest Arkansas already have a bad reputation when it comes to race relations, and some of the comments being made on this board is confirming what most people on the outside already believe.

HamShank

ALL coach Cal does for recruiting at memphis is go to the local jail and find all thugs and hardend criminals that can dribble, then he does more "shady" business... THEN HE PLAYS NO COMPETITION so that there record is good, b/c we all know that CUSA is a perinial powerhouse in all athletics

I don't think you want to start comparing thugary...I believe Ark. would win that hands down.

yes...as a matter of fact I have. I live in Mississippi and look "in" Memphis every day....and your point is ?

I believe the point is that it's the universally agreed upon dumpster of the south. Tiger fans just can't see it.

well....that may be true to some but a few past and present residents would probably disagree.
FRED SMITH, JERRY WEST, Kathy Bates, Craig Brewer, Issac Brace, Dixie Carter, Johnny Cash, John Daly, Shannon Doherty, Arethea Franklin, Morgan Freeman, David Gest, Al Green, Elvis, Penny Hardaway, Isaac Hayes, Michael Jeter, B.B. King, Jerry Lee Lewis, Tim McCarver, Willie Mitchell, Cindy Parlow, Dr. Cary Middlecoff, Sam Phillips, David Porter, Otis Redding, Charlie Rich, Loren Roberts, Cybill Shepherd, Danny Thomas, Justin Timberlake, Ike Turner, Kirk Whalum, Reggie White, Kemmons Wilson.....the list goes on and on

Fortune 500 companies...Service Master, AutoZone,Int'l Paper and Fed Ex...they don't seem to mind the horrid nasty Memphis either ???? hummmmm ? Ask anyone that has had to make St. Jude their home for awhile in nasty Memphis just how much they hate the city. ok...done with trying to defend Memphis...sorry for the rant.

I won't even go into that whole list of people, but a couple of things stood out.  First, the most talented person on your list, Johnny Cash, is FROM Arkansas, k?  He lived in Memphis as a brief stop-over on his way to Nashville (as most musicians on your list did).  So is John Daly.  Second, you claimed David Gest as someone you and your city are proud of?  The latent goob that is known for excessive plastic surgery and being married to Liza Minnelli for 15 minutes?  If that's the case, you lost your pi$$ing contest by even including him.

RazorNick

April 07, 2007, 10:10:53 am #157 Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 10:12:45 am by Hog-fan-in-mizzou
Quotewell....that may be true to some but a few past and present residents would probably disagree.

All of those in bold are from Arkansas, guess you needed to include them to make the list look more impressive. Hell, even Elvis isn't from Memphis, he is from Tupelo, and I wouldn't even claim J.Timberlake.

gomersnerd

at least nobody has referred to Memphis as Mogadishu on the Mississippi yet
It's time to burn a lower case "t" in his yard to tell him "It's time for you to go".

Bvilleboar

2012 the year of the HOGS

missjtiger

Quote from: HamShank on April 07, 2007, 10:05:29 am

I won't even go into that whole list of people, but a couple of things stood out.  First, the most talented person on your list, Johnny Cash, is FROM Arkansas, k?  He lived in Memphis as a brief stop-over on his way to Nashville (as most musicians on your list did).  So is John Daly.  Second, you claimed David Gest as someone you and your city are proud of?  The latent goob that is known for excessive plastic surgery and being married to Liza Minnelli for 15 minutes?  If that's the case, you lost your pi$$ing contest by even including him.

reading conprehension 101...as I said...some past and present residents of Memphis. I didn't say they were born here or lived here all their lives and died there did I ? dang....where did I say we were proud of any of these residents ? I'm sure some are proud of any/all and some aren't. Some of you Ark. folks need to get out a little more...ya think ?

hogfan064

LOL, you actually put Penny Hardaway on that list.  That would be like me putting Madre Hill on a list of famous people who once lived in Fayetteville.   You could've at least included Jerry Lawler

RazorNick

Quote from: gomersnerd on April 07, 2007, 10:12:58 am

Its not any particular race that makes Mempiss a slum, there are plenty of "bubbas" and "rednecks" there also.

missjtiger

Quote from: hogfan064 on April 07, 2007, 10:16:07 am

LOL, you actually put Penny Hardaway on that list.  That would be like me putting Madre Hill on a list of famous people who once lived in Fayetteville.   You could've at least included Jerry Lawler

I don't know what you mean by that, I don't know who Madre Hill is but Penny does still have a home in Memphis.

hogfan064

Quote from: Bvilleboar on April 07, 2007, 10:13:31 am
Memphis has fans?  Wow!

No, Memphis fans are those who weren't good enough to play sports at Arkansas, Ole Miss, MSU, or UT.  They then grow up and raise their kids as Tiger fans. 

missjtiger

Quote from: Hog-fan-in-mizzou on April 07, 2007, 10:16:57 am

Its not any particular race that makes Mempiss a slum, there are plenty of "bubbas" and "rednecks" there also.

oh ok...and Arkansas doesn't have any "bubbas" or "rednecks" ...right ? let's don't go there, ok ?

hogfan064

Quote from: missjtiger on April 07, 2007, 10:17:39 am

I don't know what you mean by that, I don't know who Madre Hill is but Penny does still have a home in Memphis.

My point is that you listed a guy who played a sport at your university and went on to have a decent pro career.   Arkansas has far more all americans and pro athletes than Memphis has ever had, but I wouldn't include them on a list of celebs.   

Do you think folks in Nasheville brag about Jay Cutler once living there?

RazorNick

Quote from: missjtiger on April 07, 2007, 10:18:36 am
Quote from: Hog-fan-in-mizzou on April 07, 2007, 10:16:57 am

oh ok...and Arkansas doesn't have any "bubbas" or "rednecks" ...right ? let's don't go there, ok ?

Just stating that you and your board are the pot calling the kettle black. And please, lets go there, ok?

missjtiger

happy Easter hog fans...over and out.....gonna go to the FEF and watch some hoops (Derrick Rose is playing at 3pm) You guys/gals have a good day and good luck on your search for a new head coach.

RazorNick

Quote from: missjtiger on April 07, 2007, 10:22:55 am
happy Easter hog fans...over and out.....gonna go to the FEF and watch some hoops (Derrick Rose is playing at 3pm) You guys/gals have a good day and good luck on your search for a new head coach.

He will be wearing a Hog uniform come November........lol.......stranger things have happened you know.

HAM ELLIOT

Hey Memphis fans! I am planning a trip to memphis sometime may for memphis in may.  Can you guys tell me anything about it, what to do, etc.  I am coming up with a single friend of mine and we are just wanting to have a good time.  What do you suggest?  (keep in mind I am married and need to be kind of good he he)  And dont lead me to the crappy parts of town as a joke either. 

Oinkle Sam

I'm surprised you didn't include Martin Luther King. He was murdered in cold blood in your septic tank of a city.

hogfan064

Quote from: HAM ELLIOT on April 07, 2007, 10:27:58 am
Hey Memphis fans! I am planning a trip to memphis sometime may for memphis in may.  Can you guys tell me anything about it, what to do, etc.  I am coming up with a single friend of mine and we are just wanting to have a good time.  What do you suggest?  (keep in mind I am married and need to be kind of good he he)  And dont lead me to the crappy parts of town as a joke either. 

Just hang out at Beale Street.  Everything you need is right there. 

RazorNick

Drink plenty of beer and listen to endless music, but be careful, its only a stones throw away from one of the most crime-ridden areas of the city. You might want to put your hubcaps in the trunk.

HamShank

Quote from: missjtiger on April 07, 2007, 10:14:04 am

reading conprehension 101...as I said...some past and present residents of Memphis. I didn't say they were born here or lived here all their lives and died there did I ? dang....where did I say we were proud of any of these residents ? I'm sure some are proud of any/all and some aren't. Some of you Ark. folks need to get out a little more...ya think ?

Deductive Logic 101.  If you aren't "proud" of them, then why did you list them at all?  And why did you list Fortune 500 companies?  You listed them to illustrate that Memphis isn't some cultural backwater. 

And because I call you on it, "some of [us] Ark. folks need to get out more"?

Is "out" where I'll learn to better understand what the hell you're trying to say?

HAM ELLIOT

I have never been there, can you tell me a little about it?

RazorNick

Quote from: HAM ELLIOT on April 07, 2007, 10:31:33 am

Heres the link for this years lineup and festivities. 

http://memphisinmay.org/home.html

hogfan064

Beale Street has some great BBQ places and lots of good live music.   There's lots of music history there and you want have a problem finding it if you just stay on or around Beale.  Of course you got Graceland, which is cool if you like Elvis, if not then its not all that.   That's about all Memphis has.  Fun town if you stay in the right spot.  Outside of Beale there's nothign.

HAM ELLIOT

Quote from: Hog-fan-in-mizzou on April 07, 2007, 10:33:45 am

Heres the link for this years lineup and festivities. 

http://memphisinmay.org/home.html

Awsome, thanks for the link.. 

Hogs-n-Roses

We can't say a whole lot here in football as they beat us the last 2 or 3 times we played them. The last one I remember was at WMS in a drizzling rain.The game ranked right up there with UNLV's game inWMS for excitement.  They ran 3 plays all day, the same plays over and over and beat us in a very low scoring game. Highly embarrassed I was.

Clobber

April 07, 2007, 11:19:00 am #180 Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 11:21:14 am by Clobber

Gus's Fried Chicken downtown.  The Memphis Zoo.

GOTIGERS

Quote from: hogfan064 on April 07, 2007, 10:20:12 am

LOL, you actually put Penny Hardaway on that list.  That would be like me putting Madre Hill on a list of famous people who once lived in Fayetteville.   You could've at least included Jerry Lawler

My point is that you listed a guy who played a sport at your university and went on to have a decent pro career.   Arkansas has far more all americans and pro athletes than Memphis has ever had, but I wouldn't include them on a list of celebs.   

Are you special? Penny was born and raised in Memphis and still lives there and helps the team as of today. He didn't just come here for two years and then leave for college. There is not an "e" in Nashville by the way, and yes, they do brag about Cutler more than you know. We also have "The King" Jerry Lawler living in Memphis as well as about 25 other of your states favorite athletes to have lived here at one time or another. I suppose they thought this was a fine city if they decided to live here.

kpigout

Quote from: Hog-fan-in-mizzou on April 07, 2007, 10:31:00 am

Drink plenty of beer and listen to endless music, but be careful, its only a stones throw away from one of the most crime-ridden areas of the city. You might want to put your hubcaps in the trunk.

Yea...I can see where you would be scared coming from squeeky-clean, no crime NW Arkansas...

from: http://www.nwanews.com/adg/News/182204 (notice that the article also mentions "White Supremacist Gangs are on the rise"  :jawdrop: )

Police: Gang activity getting more sophisticated in region
BY MICHELLE BRADFORD

Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007

Bentonville Police Chief James Allen didn't think his city had gang problems — until recently.

A beating that police believe was gang-related and photos of students flashing gang signs that have cropped up on MySpace. com changed his mind.

"A month ago, I would have said Bentonville doesn't have a gang problem," Allen said. "Now, with what we're seeing on MySpace and the jump-in, I say there's a problem under the surface."

Security cameras captured the Jan. 23 violence under a stairwell at Bentonville High School.

A boy was beaten by other students in what investigators deemed a "jump-in," or an initiation into a street gang, Allen said. Ten students were suspended, and police are investigating.

"An officer [reviewing the tape ] can see people running the gauntlet on [the boy ], hitting and hitting him," Allen said. "Then the beating ends, and [the boy ] takes turns shaking everyone's hands. To us, this smacks of gang activity."

People with gang ties have been committing crime in Northwest Arkansas for years, but police say it hasn't risen to the level of sophisticated, highly organized gang crime.

Most of the crime relates to graffiti, but robberies, shootings and even murder have involved gang elements, police said.

A federal grant program is giving police in Northwest Arkansas specialized training to identify, control and reduce gangs. Project Safe Neighborhood's Anti-Gang Initiative also provides gang intervention and prevention in schools.

Bob Balfe, U. S. attorney for the Western District of Arkansas, said gang activity is most prevalent in Benton, Sebastian and Washington counties.

Twelve law enforcement agencies are working to define the nature and degree of gang activity.

"[size=18]Northwest Arkansas has a gang problem[/size], but the exact nature isn't clear," Balfe said. "We have a lot of individuals who like to identify themselves as gang members, and some of whom are engaging in violent crime.

" What we don't have is the organizational level you see in Little Rock or Los Angeles," he said. "Gangs there have a distinct hierarchy and are committing ongoing crime for the purpose of making money."

Balfe said Northwest Arkansas is in a period where communities act proactively to limit gang problems.

"But if we bury our heads in the sand, we're going to have organized street gangs that will be entrenched and hard to root out," he said.

GANGS IDENTIFIED Project Safe Neighborhoods pays for training for police, schools and civic groups to learn how to identify and stop gang influence. Cpl. Kelley Cradduck, a gang investigator with the Rogers Police Department, has conducted much of the training so far. He's given more than 30 seminars under Project Safe Neighborhoods and received $ 12, 800 in grant money. Cradduck told teachers last week at Lingle Middle School that police have linked residents and students to Hispanic gangs including Sureno 13, Mara Salvatrucha, Nortenos 14 and Brown Pride.

[size=18]White-supremacist gangs also are on the rise in Northwest Arkansas[/size], he said, and Rogers police recently photographed members of the Aryan Brotherhood, New Aryan Empire and Peckerwoods gangs.

Cradduck said 15 members of the Little Asian Organization walked in a line through the Pinnacle Hills Promenade courtyard in December, knocking a woman's packages from her arms.

"It's not just Hispanic gangs in Rogers," Cradduck said. "We have Asian gangs, white gangs and a few black gangs. Having gangs isn't a racial issue; it's a community issue."

Cradduck said because Rogers is on the forefront of gang interdiction, the city is perceived as having more gang crime.

"Anyone who believes the gang problem stops at city limits is crazy," he said.

Rogers police identify gang members by tattoos, graffiti and members' admissions, he said.

"When we encounter them, we document and photograph them like crazy," Cradduck said. "We saturate them, and they don't like it. Gang members don't like the attention they're getting from Rogers police."

In Springdale, Project Safe Neighborhoods paid for officers to attend gang identification training in Denver last year. Springdale police Capt. Laney Morriss said some officers will be assigned to a new gang suppression unit the department is creating. Through the federal program, Springdale police are conducting community surveys to help define the nature and extent of gang activity, Morriss said. School resource officers and detectives have begun sharing gang intelligence, she said. "A lot of what we get is finger pointing — people saying this or that person is in a gang," Morriss said. "We're documenting, photographing and building a database of that information now. " The idea is to share our information with other jurisdictions because what happens in Springdale, Rogers needs to know, and vice versa," she said.

NOT IN MY BACKYARD Police in Northwest Arkansas have different assessments of the extent of gang crime in their cities.

Sgt. Shannon Gabbard said the worst Fayetteville police see is graffiti.

Springdale police have identified gang members as murder suspects, Morriss said.

In 2005, Rogers had a string of aggravated robberies that Cradduck said involved gangs.

In 2003, Siloam Springs police formed a gang suppression unit to respond to trouble by the El Salvadoran gang Mara Salvatrucha 13.

Police Lt. Bryan Austin said gang members in Siloam Springs were committing crimes across Northwest Arkansas, including a drive-by shooting in Rogers.

"We had residents identifying themselves as MS 13 members, and they were doing quite a bit of traveling to Springdale and Rogers," Austin said. "Essentially our officers implemented heavy patrols and kept up the pressure until these people left town and moved somewhere else."

Police don't always have the manpower to sustain saturation patrols.

Siloam Springs police disbanded its gang suppression unit in 2006, Austin said.

"We didn't need it anymore," he said. "Our concern is the activity will eventually return and we'll have to reinstate it.

Rogers police last week reinstated its gang suppression unit in response to recent breakins and other crime, Lt. Mike Johnson said.

The department has operated the unit in the past as needed.

" Agencies need to get on the same sheet of music," he said.

"We can't be running gang members out of one jurisdiction to another. Running them out of Northwest Arkansas altogether would be a whole lot better," he said.

Allen said Bentonville police are in an assessment phase and have no immediate plans to form a gang unit.

Police supervisors will receive gang training through Project Safe Neighborhoods, and the department is anxious to get gang intelligence from Rogers police.

"Bentonville isn't gang-free, but we just haven't seen the level of activity our sister cities have," Allen said.

"I'm not saying we're better than them, but I think we can learn from their experiences," he said.

"We know it won't do us any good to chase gang activity across the Olive Street overpass in Rogers. We know that's not the answer," he said. Reducing crime Project Safe Neighborhoods is a U. S. Department of Justice program aimed at reducing gun and gang crime in communities by partnering with state and local law enforcement. A few facts about the program:

The Justice Department dedicated $ 10 million to Project Safe Neighborhoods in 2006, with an additional $ 30 million to fund an "Anti-Gang Initiative."

The U. S. attorney's office in the Western District of Arkansas has been allocated $ 694, 000 for Project Safe Neighborhoods.

Efforts include law enforcement training, community meetings, gang prevention in schools and tougher gun-crime prosecution.

hogfan064

Quote from: GOTIGERS on April 07, 2007, 12:02:32 pm
Quote from: hogfan064 on April 07, 2007, 10:20:12 am

My point is that you listed a guy who played a sport at your university and went on to have a decent pro career.   Arkansas has far more all americans and pro athletes than Memphis has ever had, but I wouldn't include them on a list of celebs.  

Are you special? Penny was born and raised in Memphis and still lives there and helps the team as of today. He didn't just come here for two years and then leave for college. There is not an "e" in Nashville by the way, and yes, they do brag about Cutler more than you know. We also have "The King" Jerry Lawler living in Memphis as well as about 25 other of your states favorite athletes to have lived here at one time or another. I suppose they thought this was a fine city if they decided to live here.

LOL, you actually corrected me on spelling?  Thanks b/c I'm sure you've never had a typo.

At least Arkansas has 25 other athletes in its sports history. Memphis sports is Penny, DeAngelo Williams,  Elliot Perry, and that about does it.    Don't try to compare Arkansas sports to Memphis sports b/c you know the Tigers will fall well short.   Like I said Memphis athletes are Arkansas, Vandy, UT, Ole Miss, and MSU rejects.  Memphis is just another Southern Miss, always has and always will be.

HamShank

Quote from: kpigout on April 07, 2007, 12:27:17 pm

Yea...I can see where you would be scared coming from squeeky-clean, no crime NW Arkansas...

from: http://www.nwanews.com/adg/News/182204 (notice that the article also mentions "White Supremacist Gangs are on the rise"  :jawdrop: )

BY MICHELLE BRADFORD

Bentonville Police Chief James Allen didn?t think his city had gang problems ? until recently.

A beating that police believe was gang-related and photos of students flashing gang signs that have cropped up on MySpace. com changed his mind.

?A month ago, I would have said Bentonville doesn?t have a gang problem,? Allen said. ?Now, with what we?re seeing on MySpace and the jump-in, I say there?s a problem under the surface.?

Security cameras captured the Jan. 23 violence under a stairwell at Bentonville High School.

A boy was beaten by other students in what investigators deemed a ?jump-in,? or an initiation into a street gang, Allen said. Ten students were suspended, and police are investigating.

?An officer [reviewing the tape ] can see people running the gauntlet on [the boy ], hitting and hitting him,? Allen said. ?Then the beating ends, and [the boy ] takes turns shaking everyone?s hands. To us, this smacks of gang activity.?

People with gang ties have been committing crime in Northwest Arkansas for years, but police say it hasn?t risen to the level of sophisticated, highly organized gang crime.

Most of the crime relates to graffiti, but robberies, shootings and even murder have involved gang elements, police said.

A federal grant program is giving police in Northwest Arkansas specialized training to identify, control and reduce gangs. Project Safe Neighborhood?s Anti-Gang Initiative also provides gang intervention and prevention in schools.

Bob Balfe, U. S. attorney for the Western District of Arkansas, said gang activity is most prevalent in Benton, Sebastian and Washington counties.

Twelve law enforcement agencies are working to define the nature and degree of gang activity.

?[size=18]Northwest Arkansas has a gang problem[/size], but the exact nature isn?t clear,? Balfe said. ?We have a lot of individuals who like to identify themselves as gang members, and some of whom are engaging in violent crime.

? What we don?t have is the organizational level you see in Little Rock or Los Angeles,? he said. ?Gangs there have a distinct hierarchy and are committing ongoing crime for the purpose of making money.?

Balfe said Northwest Arkansas is in a period where communities act proactively to limit gang problems.

?But if we bury our heads in the sand, we?re going to have organized street gangs that will be entrenched and hard to root out,? he said.

GANGS IDENTIFIED Project Safe Neighborhoods pays for training for police, schools and civic groups to learn how to identify and stop gang influence. Cpl. Kelley Cradduck, a gang investigator with the Rogers Police Department, has conducted much of the training so far. He?s given more than 30 seminars under Project Safe Neighborhoods and received $ 12, 800 in grant money. Cradduck told teachers last week at Lingle Middle School that police have linked residents and students to Hispanic gangs including Sureno 13, Mara Salvatrucha, Nortenos 14 and Brown Pride.

[size=18]White-supremacist gangs also are on the rise in Northwest Arkansas[/size], he said, and Rogers police recently photographed members of the Aryan Brotherhood, New Aryan Empire and Peckerwoods gangs.

Cradduck said 15 members of the Little Asian Organization walked in a line through the Pinnacle Hills Promenade courtyard in December, knocking a woman?s packages from her arms.

?It?s not just Hispanic gangs in Rogers,? Cradduck said. ?We have Asian gangs, white gangs and a few black gangs. Having gangs isn?t a racial issue; it?s a community issue.?

Cradduck said because Rogers is on the forefront of gang interdiction, the city is perceived as having more gang crime.

?Anyone who believes the gang problem stops at city limits is crazy,? he said.

Rogers police identify gang members by tattoos, graffiti and members? admissions, he said.

?When we encounter them, we document and photograph them like crazy,? Cradduck said. ?We saturate them, and they don?t like it. Gang members don?t like the attention they?re getting from Rogers police.?

In Springdale, Project Safe Neighborhoods paid for officers to attend gang identification training in Denver last year. Springdale police Capt. Laney Morriss said some officers will be assigned to a new gang suppression unit the department is creating. Through the federal program, Springdale police are conducting community surveys to help define the nature and extent of gang activity, Morriss said. School resource officers and detectives have begun sharing gang intelligence, she said. ?A lot of what we get is finger pointing ? people saying this or that person is in a gang,? Morriss said. ?We?re documenting, photographing and building a database of that information now. ? The idea is to share our information with other jurisdictions because what happens in Springdale, Rogers needs to know, and vice versa,? she said.

NOT IN MY BACKYARD Police in Northwest Arkansas have different assessments of the extent of gang crime in their cities.

Springdale police have identified gang members as murder suspects, Morriss said.

In 2005, Rogers had a string of aggravated robberies that Cradduck said involved gangs.

In 2003, Siloam Springs police formed a gang suppression unit to respond to trouble by the El Salvadoran gang Mara Salvatrucha 13.

Police Lt. Bryan Austin said gang members in Siloam Springs were committing crimes across Northwest Arkansas, including a drive-by shooting in Rogers.

?We had residents identifying themselves as MS 13 members, and they were doing quite a bit of traveling to Springdale and Rogers,? Austin said. ?Essentially our officers implemented heavy patrols and kept up the pressure until these people left town and moved somewhere else.?

Police don?t always have the manpower to sustain saturation patrols.

?We didn?t need it anymore,? he said. ?Our concern is the activity will eventually return and we?ll have to reinstate it.

Rogers police last week reinstated its gang suppression unit in response to recent breakins and other crime, Lt. Mike Johnson said.

? Agencies need to get on the same sheet of music,? he said.

?We can?t be running gang members out of one jurisdiction to another. Running them out of Northwest Arkansas altogether would be a whole lot better,? he said.

Allen said Bentonville police are in an assessment phase and have no immediate plans to form a gang unit.

Police supervisors will receive gang training through Project Safe Neighborhoods, and the department is anxious to get gang intelligence from Rogers police.

?Bentonville isn?t gang-free, but we just haven?t seen the level of activity our sister cities have,? Allen said.

?I?m not saying we?re better than them, but I think we can learn from their experiences,? he said.

?We know it won?t do us any good to chase gang activity across the Olive Street overpass in Rogers. We know that?s not the answer,? he said. Reducing crime Project Safe Neighborhoods is a U. S. Department of Justice program aimed at reducing gun and gang crime in communities by partnering with state and local law enforcement. A few facts about the program:

The Justice Department dedicated $ 10 million to Project Safe Neighborhoods in 2006, with an additional $ 30 million to fund an ?Anti-Gang Initiative.?

The U. S. attorney?s office in the Western District of Arkansas has been allocated $ 694, 000 for Project Safe Neighborhoods.

Efforts include law enforcement training, community meetings, gang prevention in schools and tougher gun-crime prosecution.

If you dare to pull examples out of the papers, let's begin with this:

http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=ab387537-a081-4f2d-8b09-f0fb703932c6

Thermonuclearpig

They're city school with a nominal BB program with a nominal fan base that can't even support the Memphis state football program when they do win. It's a sad bunch in Elvis-land so who cares? They never won anything.

"Thank you very much."

hogfan064

Quote from: Thermonuclearpig on April 07, 2007, 12:34:32 pm
They're city school with a nominal BB program with a nominal fan base that can't even support the Memphis state football program when they do win. It's a sad bunch in Elvis-land so who cares? They never won anything.

"Thank you very much."

Don't say that.  Memphis has won a New Orleans Bowl before and has an amazing 4 bowl appearances in its school history.  Sure they have a decent basketball tradition, but Arkansas' is still much better.  Do they have a NC in any sport?  We got over 40.  Do they have a baseball team?  Honestly is there anything Memphis beats Arkansas at?  Ok I'll give them ribs and music over Arkansas, but that's about it. 

RedSatinHog

Quote from: UofMemphisReturns on April 06, 2007, 06:38:13 pm
LOL...it's so nice to know you guys are trolling our board...i just HAD to return the favor. (you don't even know how to effectively ban people LOL)

John Calipari in freaking R-Kansas...LOL...your little WPS crap scared off Altman (the look on this face was PRICELESS)...i think Cal would just bust up laughing and walk back home to Memphis.

the Piggies are coveting Cal...I LOVE IT!!!

I wouldn't call it coveting.  He's a good coach, and he could definitely do better than Memphis State.  Arkansas realizes as much and that's why they approached Cal.

By the way.  What did it feel like to see Corey Beck and Dwight Stewart win a national title in '94?
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

baitshop

Quote from: HamShank on April 07, 2007, 12:32:06 pm

BY MICHELLE BRADFORD

Bentonville Police Chief James Allen didn?t think his city had gang problems ? until recently.

?A month ago, I would have said Bentonville doesn?t have a gang problem,? Allen said. ?Now, with what we?re seeing on MySpace and the jump-in, I say there?s a problem under the surface.?

A boy was beaten by other students in what investigators deemed a ?jump-in,? or an initiation into a street gang, Allen said. Ten students were suspended, and police are investigating.

?An officer [reviewing the tape ] can see people running the gauntlet on [the boy ], hitting and hitting him,? Allen said. ?Then the beating ends, and [the boy ] takes turns shaking everyone?s hands. To us, this smacks of gang activity.?

People with gang ties have been committing crime in Northwest Arkansas for years, but police say it hasn?t risen to the level of sophisticated, highly organized gang crime.

A federal grant program is giving police in Northwest Arkansas specialized training to identify, control and reduce gangs. Project Safe Neighborhood?s Anti-Gang Initiative also provides gang intervention and prevention in schools.

?[size=18]Northwest Arkansas has a gang problem[/size], but the exact nature isn?t clear,? Balfe said. ?We have a lot of individuals who like to identify themselves as gang members, and some of whom are engaging in violent crime.

? What we don?t have is the organizational level you see in Little Rock or Los Angeles,? he said. ?Gangs there have a distinct hierarchy and are committing ongoing crime for the purpose of making money.?

?But if we bury our heads in the sand, we?re going to have organized street gangs that will be entrenched and hard to root out,? he said.

GANGS IDENTIFIED Project Safe Neighborhoods pays for training for police, schools and civic groups to learn how to identify and stop gang influence. Cpl. Kelley Cradduck, a gang investigator with the Rogers Police Department, has conducted much of the training so far. He?s given more than 30 seminars under Project Safe Neighborhoods and received $ 12, 800 in grant money. Cradduck told teachers last week at Lingle Middle School that police have linked residents and students to Hispanic gangs including Sureno 13, Mara Salvatrucha, Nortenos 14 and Brown Pride.

Cradduck said 15 members of the Little Asian Organization walked in a line through the Pinnacle Hills Promenade courtyard in December, knocking a woman?s packages from her arms.

?It?s not just Hispanic gangs in Rogers,? Cradduck said. ?We have Asian gangs, white gangs and a few black gangs. Having gangs isn?t a racial issue; it?s a community issue.?

Rogers police identify gang members by tattoos, graffiti and members? admissions, he said.

?When we encounter them, we document and photograph them like crazy,? Cradduck said. ?We saturate them, and they don?t like it. Gang members don?t like the attention they?re getting from Rogers police.?

In Springdale, Project Safe Neighborhoods paid for officers to attend gang identification training in Denver last year. Springdale police Capt. Laney Morriss said some officers will be assigned to a new gang suppression unit the department is creating. Through the federal program, Springdale police are conducting community surveys to help define the nature and extent of gang activity, Morriss said. School resource officers and detectives have begun sharing gang intelligence, she said. ?A lot of what we get is finger pointing ? people saying this or that person is in a gang,? Morriss said. ?We?re documenting, photographing and building a database of that information now. ? The idea is to share our information with other jurisdictions because what happens in Springdale, Rogers needs to know, and vice versa,? she said.

?We had residents identifying themselves as MS 13 members, and they were doing quite a bit of traveling to Springdale and Rogers,? Austin said. ?Essentially our officers implemented heavy patrols and kept up the pressure until these people left town and moved somewhere else.?

?We didn?t need it anymore,? he said. ?Our concern is the activity will eventually return and we?ll have to reinstate it.

?We can?t be running gang members out of one jurisdiction to another. Running them out of Northwest Arkansas altogether would be a whole lot better,? he said.

?Bentonville isn?t gang-free, but we just haven?t seen the level of activity our sister cities have,? Allen said.

?I?m not saying we?re better than them, but I think we can learn from their experiences,? he said.

?We know it won?t do us any good to chase gang activity across the Olive Street overpass in Rogers. We know that?s not the answer,? he said. Reducing crime Project Safe Neighborhoods is a U. S. Department of Justice program aimed at reducing gun and gang crime in communities by partnering with state and local law enforcement. A few facts about the program:

The Justice Department dedicated $ 10 million to Project Safe Neighborhoods in 2006, with an additional $ 30 million to fund an ?Anti-Gang Initiative.?

The U. S. attorney?s office in the Western District of Arkansas has been allocated $ 694, 000 for Project Safe Neighborhoods.

http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=ab387537-a081-4f2d-8b09-f0fb703932c6

[/b]

I don't know what they call that in Mempiss........but in Arkansas they call that "OWNED"!!
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

kpigout

BY MICHELLE BRADFORD

The point, which was obviously way over your head, is that many here cry about the problems in Memphis, yet act as if nothing ever happens in NW Arkansas, and that it is somehow paradise there. Wrong, as usual. Y'all should really worry more about Little Rock than Memphis.

hogfan064

Quote from: kpigout on April 07, 2007, 01:17:14 pm

BY MICHELLE BRADFORD

The point, which was obviously way over your head, is that many here cry about the problems in Memphis, yet act as if nothing ever happens in NW Arkansas, and that it is somehow paradise there. Wrong, as usual. Y'all should really worry more about Little Rock than Memphis.

Every city has its problems.  I live in a town of about 50(Monticello, SC) and we have problems with people fishing off bridges when the crappie are biting.   

maximus

I hard a hard time on Memphis forum-soo many colors and pics, it was so colorful, my add took over and I just looked at their pics and the colors took over me. 
Describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!

vol_in_ar

Quote from: semohawg on April 07, 2007, 02:25:55 am
truth!!!!!!!!!!  you can't handle the truth----tiger fan------- look --i don't know how old you are , but you guys have been here before--1973,1983, and the present. you come, you go. no staying power. think seton hall, or depaul, or jacksonville st, or whatever hot coach program that gets on a roll then fades for varying reasons(rules violations, graduations, coach departs...). in 10 years and the tigers have a couple final 4's and no probation call and talk your smack. but until then---you are just another wanna be.

It's been 12 years since Arkansas was in the final 4

RazorNick

Quote from: vol_in_ar on April 07, 2007, 02:22:49 pm
Quote from: semohawg on April 07, 2007, 02:25:55 am
truth!!!!!!!!!!  you can't handle the truth----tiger fan------- look --i don't know how old you are , but you guys have been here before--1973,1983, and the present. you come, you go. no staying power. think seton hall, or depaul, or jacksonville st, or whatever hot coach program that gets on a roll then fades for varying reasons(rules violations, graduations, coach departs...). in 10 years and the tigers have a couple final 4's and no probation call and talk your smack. but until then---you are just another wanna be.

It's been 12 years since Arkansas was in the final 4

Not that argument again. Its been forever since Memphis has won in the final four.

HamShank

BY MICHELLE BRADFORD

The point was apparently way over my head.  If by "way over [my] head" you mean that you mentioned no such thing when you posted the damn article.

As the old bromide goes, "If a tree falls in the forest and it's just some Memphis d*uchebag pushing it over, it won't make a sound."

HamShank

Quote from: hogfan064 on April 07, 2007, 01:22:46 pm

BY MICHELLE BRADFORD

Every city has its problems.  I live in a town of about 50(Monticello, SC) and we have problems with people fishing off bridges when the crappie are biting.  

Virtual +1.  Damn, that mad me laugh.

cluelessgdog

Quote from: AR_dustoff on April 07, 2007, 12:38:49 am
Quote from: cluelessgdog on April 06, 2007, 09:09:48 pm
Squealsonwheels- So I take it your mempfrica analogy is a comparative analysis to blacks as thugs, rapist, and murderers?  The mods on this board don't want you using the f word but thay consistently allow racist remarks and characterzations. Thats an endorsement if i've ever seen one.Thats the true identity of a racist!

You are clueless...  Memphis is in no way racist.  Its a common nickname for the area, everyone is aware of that.   Get a life and get over it...Find something worth b*tching about!

Maybe I'm missing something here potna, B_tching I'm not. I spend tweny weeks out of the year in Memphis and I've never heard it referred to as such. And spent time in several parts of the city I might add.You might want to re-read my post. But you know what-nevermind. You are who you are and it is what it is!!!!!!!!!!!!

elvispig

You overlook Graceland, where my beloved Elvis once lived.  He's still alive.  Rumor has it he hangs at the Greyhound Dog track in West Memphis.  Where else can you find the Jungle Room and Velvet Elvis art work but Memphis.  We love our Elvis and we love our hogs.. sorta go hand in  hand.

Sooie Pigs

HammyHawg

Quote from: missjtiger on April 07, 2007, 10:14:04 am

Dana Altman is a former resident of Fayetteville, by that estimation.  But David Gest?  Kathy Bates?  Dude, your list should start and end with Elvis.