Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Caller on Southern Sports Tonight out of the Fl. Panhandle.....

Started by RumRunner, April 05, 2007, 04:58:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsin07

you fans are ridiculous in your arguments.

the truth of the matter is that you are putting one teenager, over the head coach of the sec west champions in the sec.
you make it sound like mustain is the reason that they won those 7 games. 6 out of 7 games won during his starting tenure were won because of our rushing attack. mustain did win the vanderbilt game when mcifadden and jones were going a gain 9 in the box. any quarterback who plays should be able to do that. mustain is not the god he was made out to be (see 2004 vs. central high in the semifinals) when put against a defense prepaired for his "arsenal" he gets happy feet and make poor choices.

the athletic department will never be able to get out of this "depression" without the support of our fans. the media and the fans here are dillusional to believe that frank leaving will solve all of this. you have to be behind your school to even make a push to get back to being national formidably. look to the future i say. we have two 1,000 yard rushers returning, the 4th ranked senior reciever on espn.com, the top full-back on espn.com, the top returning center in the sec, and the returning coach of the year in the sec. i dont care what you say. if you really want to bash houston, then let him fail this coming year. if you cant win with that talent, yes he deserves to be forbidden from the state. but if not, if in some amazing way we return to the sec title game, and we win at least 10 games. what can you say? nothing. so wait til he screws the best team he's ever had at arkansas up. then call for his head

razorsox

Quote from: mikeirwin on April 05, 2007, 05:32:45 pm
There is no strong movement to keep him in school.
Mitch Mustain may be the only national high school player of the year to be treated like complete garbage from a part of the fan base, most of his coaches and many of his teammates.
The kid has been ripped on this board from the day speculation began that he might consider other schools. After the decommitment it got worse.
When he recommitted there was a brief honeymoon period but almost immediately after being named the starter some fans were posting here about how horrible he was and how he needed to be benched.
He was 7-0 as a starter ( games in which HDN's butt was saved) and yet he was dumped after one series of the South Carolina game and as Nolan Richardson put it, it was "cold turkey" after that.
He had a code red pulled on him by some senior teammates.
He wore shoes that didn't fit his feet, a set of shoulder pads that rubbed the nastiest looking blister on his upper arm I've ever seen (he still has a scar from it) and a jersey that was so tight he had to throw the ball side armed.
Virtually every promise that was made to him during recruiting was canned.
The original coach who recruited him was fired.
The next coach who recruited him was run off.
However....
He took one trip to USC.
They rolled out the red carpet.
Pete Carroll offered him an open scholarship good until this August.
Carroll had dinner with him (HDN never even made an in home visit).
Damian Williams told him, NOBODY GIVES YOU GRIEF ON THIS TEAM FOR BEING A 5 STAR STUD BECAUSE EVERYBODY ON THIS TEAM WAS A 5 STAR STUD.

This is a story that most people outside this state would not believe.

Doesn't a code red have to be ordered by someone?  That would mean one of the Nutts ordered it and I have heard you state many times you don't have proof of that.  I think I am going to go ask Teresa Prewitt which lottery numbers I should pick since the only explanation is that she is cleary a psychic.
The last thing we need is a bunch of rednecks running around with McFadden Cowboy jerseys.

razorsox

Quote from: mikeirwin on April 05, 2007, 06:06:59 pm
Quote from: joshUARK on April 05, 2007, 06:01:08 pm
Quote from: Tulsahontas on April 05, 2007, 05:55:49 pm

This story is 100% correct.

Then why hasn't there been a story on it? Surely Mike Irwin can do a piece about the mistreatment of Mitch Mustain. Or would that violate some code of ethics?
Every bit of that and more was detailed on Press Row. If you didn't hear it I can't do much about that.

Why not do that on the news?  Many people are at work when Press Row is on and you have a larger audience with the evening news.  Channel 5 is the most watched news in the area right?  Then use that as the medium for getting the information to the public.  Another thing I don't understand is why a reporter can't simply ask Nutt why he called Miami and NC State.  Make him answer the question.  If he wants to lie, then so be it, but ask the question.
The last thing we need is a bunch of rednecks running around with McFadden Cowboy jerseys.

jbcarol

Quote from: hogsin07 on April 06, 2007, 09:54:44 am
houston, then let him fail this coming year. if you cant win with that talent, yes he deserves to be forbidden from the state. but if not, if in some amazing way we return to the sec title game, and we win at least 10 games. what can you say? nothing. so wait til he screws the best team he's ever had at arkansas up. then call for his head

I think you called it brutha.  Self-fulfilling prophecy.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

HawgSolid

Quote from: mbacker85 on April 05, 2007, 06:05:30 pm
Quote from: mikeirwin on April 05, 2007, 05:51:04 pm
Quote from: mbacker85 on April 05, 2007, 05:42:47 pm
Mitch Mustain may be the only national high school player of the year to be treated like complete garbage from a part of the fan base, most of his coaches and many of his teammates.
The kid has been ripped on this board from the day speculation began that he might consider other schools. After the decommittment it got worse.
When he recommitted there was a brief honeymoon period but almost immediately after being named the starter some fans were posting here about how horrible he was and how he needed to be benched.
He was 7-0 as a starter ( games in which HDN's butt was saved) and yet he was dumped after one series of the South Carolina game and as Nolan Richardson put it, it was "cold turkey" after that.
He wore shoes that didn't fit his feet, a set of shoulder pads that rubbed the nastiest looking blister on his upper arm I've ever seen (he still has a scar from it) and a jersey that was so tight he had to throw the ball side armed.
Virturally every promise that was made to him during recruiting was canned.
However....
He took one trip to USC.
Damian Williams told him, NOBODY GIVES YOU GRIEF ON THIS TEAM FOR BEING A 5 STAR STUD BECAUSE EVERYBODY ON THIS TEAM WAS A 5 STAR STUD.

Say what you want, but even though Mitch won 7 games, but half those games we barely won, and we won due to running, not Mitch's arm.  Mitch wont see any playing time at USC much less a major D1 school, the only way he will play would be at Tulsa.  How he got the Gatorade player of the year is still beyond me, I guess thats what happens when you have the "mercy" rule in Arkansas.  If Mitch would of been in school in Texas, he might of been a 3 star rating.  But what do I know, I'm not on TV.
Are you serious ?
He won EVERY poty HONOR.
Gatorade.
Parade Magazine.
USA Today.
Atlanta Touchdown Club.
His team was 3rd in the nation.
But of course since he/they were from Arkansas you can't figure out how this happened.
Thanks for proving my point.
Fans in his own home state think he's a 3 star while stupid Pete Carroll treats him like a 5 star.
Why would that kid ever want to play here ?

Of course he got every honor in the book while in high school, he had lineman who gave him all day to see down the field, Damian/Norman/Others who had speed to easily break free from defenders, the team was stacked.  Mitch shined due to the others around him. 

Of course Pete Carrol wants Mitch to come to USC, yes maybe he thinks Mitch is a good player, but I guarantee you he doesn't believe that Mitch is actually going to play, its always nice having a Gatorade national player as your 3rd string because you can. 

And if you could please show me some way that Mitch won all those 7-0 games by himself (because thats what you pretty much using as a crutch) I would be corrected.  But still having the flashback image of Mustain's throw to Monk vs. Auburn, where somehow in Gods name Monk reached out and caught that is still beyond me, and that was just one easy recollection of his bad throws.  To blame that on a "tight" jersey or "tight" shoes is ridiculous. 

I do agree with you in a lot of posts' Mike, so don't think that this is me trying to out-do you, I really just don't see Mustain as that caliber of a player that he was sparked up to be during the preseason or even during the season.

And you don't think USC is stacked?  You don't think their lineman can give him all day to throw?  You don't think they have breakaway receivers to throw to?  If he won due to a stacked deck at SHS, what will he do with a stacked deck at USC?  

Are you really that big of a moron?

And by the way, all of you who don't want to give MM credit for 7-0, beceause it was the team around him...  Tom Brady got the credit for wins, but I'm pretty certain he had some help. Brett Favre got it, but I'm pretty certain he had some help.  Emmitt Smith broke a rushing record, but God knows behind any other O-Line in football, he was an average or less RB.  Yes, MM had help, but everyone does.

demonHOG1013

People who say MM will never play @ USC or any D1 school other than TULSA are just ignorant. There is no way to tell how a player will develop.  Coaching, Work Ethic, avoiding injury and a quality support system are all factors that go into a players development.  If Mitch does not continue to improve his skills, then those statements would be accurate. However, for one to state that he will never start at any D1 program is just absurd, too many factors are in play. If MM goes to USC and continues to improve, giving the coaches currently in place at USC he WILL or atleast have the chance to EARN the right to start, probably not right away, but he WILL start and get drafted IMHO.

jbcarol

Who was USC's QB?  John David Booty?  Didn't he play at Evangel (Shreveport, LA)?  Didn't Springdale own them (if not head-to-head)?  Carroll knows what he is doing.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Pig In The City

Quote from: mikeirwin on April 05, 2007, 05:11:30 pm
Quote from: joshUARK on April 05, 2007, 05:08:22 pm
I could have sworn MM was still a student at the U of A. Did that change?
Unless you've been living in a cave you should know that Mustain being a student at the U of A has nothing to do with him being on the football team.
They'd have to fire virtually everybody on the football staff and in the Broyles Center plus the chancellor for Mitch to come back.
It's not going to happen.

I disagree.  All it would take is the two Nutts to be gone.  I can only hope that someone is trying to do the right thing up there.  I hope there is a movement to keep Mustain.  It will go down as the worst debacle of Arkansas athletics to let this guy walk.

slopinhogs

win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

jbcarol

Quote from: Big_D on April 05, 2007, 10:12:23 pm
The kid has been ripped on this board from the day speculation began that he might consider other schools. After the decommittment it got worse.
However....
He took one trip to USC.

Say what you want, but even though Mitch won 7 games, but half those games we barely won, and we won due to running, not Mitch's arm.  Mitch wont see any playing time at USC much less a major D1 school, the only way he will play would be at Tulsa.  How he got the Gatorade player of the year is still beyond me, I guess thats what happens when you have the "mercy" rule in Arkansas.  If Mitch would of been in school in Texas, he might of been a 3 star rating.  But what do I know, I'm not on TV.

Well it sounds like you are a Nutt man. Let me tell you what David Lee told me on the last day he was here before heading to Dallas for good , moving his family. He told me point blank he was the best quarterback he had seen in all his 30 years of looking at high school quarterbacks, period. No what if's or he needs this, nothing. His words were " he can do it all, long throws , short , medium, with touch , everything. He's your quarterback coach now so what do you say to that?

I know of what I speak cause he said it to me directly, none of this I heard it from a friend of a friend of a friend.

You can believe what you want,these are the facts .I know David very well and also Gus very well, all 3 of my boys played for him. In fact I talked in person with him the night he took the Tulsa job. I have spoken in person with both of these guys  hundreds of times. I don't get on here and say much , but this ignorant blasting of Mitch Mustain is insane. He was and still is the real deal, face it. Mike knows of what he speaks, this kid was screwed, blued and glued to the wall  by the MSM.

But what do you know? Not a helluva a lot by what you said in your post.

Thank you!  That says it all.

sl

Mike why don't you do a story on the treatment of MM on KFSM ? More people would actually see and here what really went on.

razorbackntexas

The kid has been ripped on this board from the day speculation began that he might consider other schools. After the decommitment it got worse.
However....
He took one trip to USC.

Thank you for standing up and saying all this Mike. There are fans out here that did not participate in the linching of MM. I just think it's such a shame that all this had to happen to an 18 year old KID. I'd leave too.....
Quote from: losthawg68 on June 03, 2010, 02:26:15 am
This dude has some superhot friends and his girl is also in the upper echelon of scenery.

paraloma

So your saying Gus was run off?
Dallas Washington for Heisman

NWAhoops.com

Quote from: mikeirwin on April 05, 2007, 05:11:30 pm
Quote from: joshUARK on April 05, 2007, 05:08:22 pm
I could have sworn MM was still a student at the U of A. Did that change?
Unless you've been living in a cave you should know that Mustain being a student at the U of A has nothing to do with him being on the football team.
They'd have to fire virtually everybody on the football staff and in the Broyles Center plus the chancellor for Mitch to come back.
It's not going to happen.

My cave is damp and cold today.  :0)
If your kid needs a team visit my website. http://www.NWAhoops.com

mchogfan

Quote from: silvertip on April 06, 2007, 09:22:27 am
Quote from: bigfoot on April 05, 2007, 10:16:01 pm
Quote from: coachp on April 05, 2007, 10:11:20 pm
Quote from: jxhopper on April 05, 2007, 07:39:12 pm
There's a great chance Mitch never sniffs playing time at USC.

Like Damian says. "EVERYBODY ON THIS TEAM WAS A 5 STAR STUD"

Has Damian learned to come off a jam yet? He was having a bit of a problem with that in the SEC. He's not going to get the 15 yard cushions he got in high school.

Actually he can not play due to Nutt!  He has a seperated shoulder jacka**.
he has a sprained shoulder jacka$$!!

Does a sprained shoulder require surgery? I'm under the impression that DW just had or is about to have surgery on that shoulder. Is that right, anybody?

So do you really believe that USC gave him a scholarship...let him go throug off-season conditioning (weights, running, etc) and then suit up for the first spring practice and NEVER cleared him through with a physical? 
California...they tell me I was born there, but I really don't remember.

LSUFan

Am I the only one who saw the 1000 fold increase in morale during the USC game when Mitch took the field?

THAT is how he won games, boys and girls!

HeathHateMe

I've got several friends out of state that blame Mitch, his mom, and/or Gus.  I have sent them story after story about the e-mail from Teresa, the forwarding by Nutt's wife etc.  The way Mitch was treated by the team and staff and how it was probably at the behest of the coaches.  Yet all they want to focus on is that he is a cry baby or spoiled athlete.  It's really sad.  Who can blame Mitch.  The UofA can be a great place and offer an awesome collegiate experience.  It's too bad Mitch won't be able to experience that with his friends.
A hero kills people, people that wish him harm. A hero is part human and part supernatural. A hero is born out of a childhood trauma, or out of a disaster, and must be avenged.

Razor_back

I'm not a genius or anything...but I always try and argue with someone who is not alot smarter than me.
Quote from: jbcarol on April 06, 2007, 01:00:15 pm
Quote from: Big_D on April 05, 2007, 10:12:23 pm
However....
He took one trip to USC.

Well it sounds like you are a Nutt man. Let me tell you what David Lee told me on the last day he was here before heading to Dallas for good , moving his family. He told me point blank he was the best quarterback he had seen in all his 30 years of looking at high school quarterbacks, period. No what if's or he needs this, nothing. His words were " he can do it all, long throws , short , medium, with touch , everything. He's your quarterback coach now so what do you say to that?

I know of what I speak cause he said it to me directly, none of this I heard it from a friend of a friend of a friend.

You can believe what you want,these are the facts .I know David very well and also Gus very well, all 3 of my boys played for him. In fact I talked in person with him the night he took the Tulsa job. I have spoken in person with both of these guys  hundreds of times. I don't get on here and say much , but this ignorant blasting of Mitch Mustain is insane. He was and still is the real deal, face it. Mike knows of what he speaks, this kid was screwed, blued and glued to the wall  by the MSM.

But what do you know? Not a helluva a lot by what you said in your post.

Thank you!  That says it all.
Go Hogs

Razorcd424

Let me see if I can put this in perspective.  Some say Houston has his best team ever coming back. Maybe his best running backs coming back.  But not his most all around talented team.  At best I give the quarterbacks a c and thats a gift.  Defense is at most a b and if that line dosen't stiffin a little it will be a c also.  Secondary will have question marks.  Recievers, Monk is great but who else, still a lot to be proven there.  O line is another question lots of guys gone that won't be there.  And special teams is like what Forest Gump said its like a box of chacoletes you never know what you are going to get.

Now take the schedule, yes there are some cupcakes, but bama at bama with Saban, I think that's a loss, Auburn comes to Fayetteville that's one Houston historically finds a way to screw up especially when we are talented.  There is no way and I mean no way we beat Tennessee or LSU on the road.  That's four conference losses I believe.  Now, South Carolina we get at Fayetteville but having Houston going against Spurrier that's like taking a knife to a gunfight.  For us to go 10-4 again, McFadden will have to qb, run, throw, punt, placekick, take tickets sell food etc. 

The bottom line is that I believe that our record will not be what all of Houston's Trumpeters are calling for and don't forget that by protecting McFadden and Jones all spring and fall that there is that pesky bunch from Troy and before you laugh that one off the board just ask Jack Crowe.

hawaiianhogster

However....
He took one trip to USC.

Calm down Frank. We told you you were not an expert.

hawaiianhogster

I've got a HUGE four letter word for all the freaks out there that won't put the blame on the two responsible for this whole mess.

The "so called leaders" frank and nutt. BOOOOOOOYA!

Big Papa Satan

However....
He took one trip to USC.

Boy, it sure looks like Irwin's flip-flopped on Nutt and is now a HDN supporter.

/ultra, mega, heavy sarcasm

Chief Mac

Quote from: hOUSTon NUTT on April 05, 2007, 05:42:47 pm
However....
He took one trip to USC.

Of course, most people outside the state can't believe that the SEC Coach of the Year is treated like crap by certain media and the fan base as well. 

And while M16 is a protected species on this board, which has rules against redundancy and excessive bashing, HDN gets slammed daily.

WOW...you huggers love to hang onto that SEC COTY award don't you?  How about this, Mike Dubose won the SEC COTY award too.  Still feel great about that award?
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Hawgustus Maximus

Quote from: mbacker85 on April 05, 2007, 06:05:30 pm
Quote from: mikeirwin on April 05, 2007, 05:51:04 pm
However....
He took one trip to USC.

Are you serious ?
He won EVERY poty HONOR.
Gatorade.
Parade Magazine.
USA Today.
Atlanta Touchdown Club.
His team was 3rd in the nation.
But of course since he/they were from Arkansas you can't figure out how this happened.
Thanks for proving my point.
Fans in his own home state think he's a 3 star while stupid Pete Carroll treats him like a 5 star.
Why would that kid ever want to play here ?

Of course he got every honor in the book while in high school, he had lineman who gave him all day to see down the field, Damian/Norman/Others who had speed to easily break free from defenders, the team was stacked.  Mitch shined due to the others around him. 

Of course Pete Carrol wants Mitch to come to USC, yes maybe he thinks Mitch is a good player, but I guarantee you he doesn't believe that Mitch is actually going to play, its always nice having a Gatorade national player as your 3rd string because you can. 

And if you could please show me some way that Mitch won all those 7-0 games by himself (because thats what you pretty much using as a crutch) I would be corrected.  But still having the flashback image of Mustain's throw to Monk vs. Auburn, where somehow in Gods name Monk reached out and caught that is still beyond me, and that was just one easy recollection of his bad throws.  To blame that on a "tight" jersey or "tight" shoes is ridiculous. 

I do agree with you in a lot of posts' Mike, so don't think that this is me trying to out-do you, I really just don't see Mustain as that caliber of a player that he was sparked up to be during the preseason or even during the season.
Lets put scars on your arms and shoes on you feet that don't fit. Then you can workout a couple hours a day (until your feet are bleeding and blistered) and then see how you perform.
Oh yeah we're going to surround you with criticism and half a dozen mean ass bastards that have your number and publicly deride your mentor and your mother while lying to everyone and get away with all of this.
I don't call people out but you sir are a foolish ass.

AF Hog

I heard his arms fell off and they were staple gunned back on.

LSUFan

Quote from: AF Hog on April 10, 2007, 08:06:45 am
Tell your boy Nutt to start packing, we know he sent you here.

AF Hog

Quote from: LSUFan on April 10, 2007, 08:09:48 am
Quote from: AF Hog on April 10, 2007, 08:06:45 am
Tell your boy Nutt to start packing, we know he sent you here.
Don't be silly, I'm Gus. I already got all bunched up and left because I couldn't run the University of Arkansas like a high school

dmfdds

you Nutt-bashers can't even come up with timely rumors. come on you are not even trying!

LSUFan

Quote from: dmfdds on April 10, 2007, 08:33:26 am
you Nutt-bashers can't even come up with timely rumors. come on you are not even trying!
Tell Diana we said Hi. Wait, I'll just text her.

RedRiverHog

Jumping on late but after reading this whole thread I thought this was a ARKANSAS Razorback board.

All this SPRINGDALE Razorback crap makes me want to  :puke:

Honestly, some of you people think it's the Springdale Razorbacks. Believe it or not the rest of the state is tired of hearing about it. Give us a break.
Quote from: cosmodrum on December 23, 2011, 12:45:49 pm
Then I luuuuuvs the dick.

"Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is free to combat it"  - Thomas Jefferson

"You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." Ayn Rand

Shrekster

However....
He took one trip to USC.

Say what you want, but even though Mitch won 7 games, but half those games we barely won, and we won due to running, not Mitch's arm.  Mitch wont see any playing time at USC much less a major D1 school, the only way he will play would be at Tulsa.  How he got the Gatorade player of the year is still beyond me, I guess that's what happens when you have the "mercy" rule in Arkansas.  If Mitch would of been in school in Texas, he might of been a 3 star rating.  But what do I know, I'm not on TV.

Boy, you can say that again...

What do you know is right.

Barely win...that is ridiculous.  You are probably one of those spinsters who, after a loss, says, "Well, we barely lost...that is almost as good as a win!"  Or do you prefer to comment incessantly about the champions to whom we have lost?

Take the paper bag off and pay attention!  Wins are wins, losses are losses!  I'm not anti Casey Dick.  I think he has done the best he could.  He has been a competitor since day one and I respect him for it.  But the simple fact is that Mustain, after winning seven in a row, should have been given a little more than his one series against South Carolina.  Who knows...he might have made it eight in a row.?!  I would have taken twelve barely wins over six or seven convincing wins.  Why?  Because any moron who's ever played a down in peewee football knows that W's are W's no matter whose counting.   Anyone who thinks Mustain is not going to be a quality D1 player needs to have his head checked. 

Drink your Kool Aid and follow me.
I bleed red...but its cardinal red.

stchane

Quote from: CabotHog on April 10, 2007, 08:44:04 am
Quote from: RedRiverHog on April 10, 2007, 08:38:21 am
Jumping on late but after reading this whole thread I thought this was a ARKANSAS Razorback board.

Honestly, some of you people think it's the Springdale Razorbacks. Believe it or not the rest of the state is tired of hearing about it. Give us a break.

Springdale just happens to be where they are from. If they all came from Arkadelphia, Pigot, or Crossett, the reaction would be the same.

Go Badgers!
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

Houston h

I just think it's a real shame that a kid that we had all pinned our hopes on was treated so poorly by the program that needed him so desperately.  HDN has dug his own grave on this one and it is solely based on those comments that MM had made in that book.  Heck, HDN is an idiot and I'm sure MM wasn't or isn't the only high school player that was/is saying it.

RedRiverHog

Springdale just happens to be where they are from. If they all came from Arkadelphia, Pigot, or Crossett, the reaction would be the same.

I'm not so sure about that. You don't see hoards of people from FS on here all up in arms because Burns didn't get recruited to the Razorbacks or whatever unjustice they think may have took place regarding Burns.

You don't see people from Texarkana on here bashing everyone and everything they can because Mallet was done wrong by the Nutt's. ( or not done at all by the Nutts).

Granted these guys were never ON the team and never dealt with all the bullsh!t that went on and that bullsh!t is truly a tragedy. It's just people go on and on about Springdale this and Springdale that. Hey folks all around the state know what happened and it was/is a bad deal. They were the victims of the debacle that is HDN.

It just seems people keep driving home the Springdale issue and care about nothing else.

"Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is free to combat it"  - Thomas Jefferson

"You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." Ayn Rand

stchane

[quote author=RedRiverHog link=topic=129852.msg1980641#msg1980641 date=1176214157
I'm not so sure about that. You don't see hoards of people from FS on here all up in arms because Burns didn't get recruited to the Razorbacks or whatever unjustice they think may have took place regarding Burns.

You don't see people from Texarkana on here bashing everyone and everything they can because Mallet was done wrong by the Nutt's. ( or not done at all by the Nutts).

Granted these guys were never ON the team and never dealt with all the bullsh!t that went on and that bullsh!t is truly a tragedy. It's just people go on and on about Springdale this and Springdale that. Hey folks all around the state know what happened and it was/is a bad deal. They were the victims of the debacle that is HDN.

It just seems people keep driving home the Springdale issue and care about nothing else.
[/quote]

The people in Fort Smith were numb to this sort of treatment from HDN.  If you'll remember, we gave Tennessee Slick Shelly, and HDN's treatment of SS in that situation really burned some bridges.  They may not come on here and talk about it, but I can promise you that the people in that town have not forgotten how these kids were treated by our program.
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

LSUFan

Quote from: RedRiverHog on April 10, 2007, 09:09:17 am

It's not a Springdale issue, it's about a HC who would rather text women than top recruits.

You can't argue it as speculation, the proof is there, Burns ain't a Hog.

RedRiverHog

Quote from: stchane on April 10, 2007, 09:20:18 am
[quote author=RedRiverHog link=topic=129852.msg1980641#msg1980641 date=1176214157

The people in Fort Smith were numb to this sort of treatment from HDN.  If you'll remember, we gave Tennessee Slick Shelly, and HDN's treatment of SS in that situation really burned some bridges.  They may not come on here and talk about it, but I can promise you that the people in that town have not forgotten how these kids were treated by our program.
[/quote]

That could be alot of it. The SD loyalest are perhaps more vocal.

Quote from: LSUFan on April 10, 2007, 09:21:49 am
Quote from: RedRiverHog on April 10, 2007, 09:09:17 am

It's not a Springdale issue, it's about a HC who would rather text women than top recruits.

You can't argue it as speculation, the proof is there, Burns ain't a Hog.

Kinda my point.
Bringing up Gus this, Mitch that, over and over is just old news. We get it already.

The injustice to the program that is Nutt should be the focus now.

jbcarol

It's not so much that Mitch was the greatest player of all time, but with his credentials from high school - given by national media outlets, not local Springdale awards - it was obvious that he had great potential to accomplish much on the field.

Yes, he was at the helm when his team went 7-0 and credit should be given for that.  Directing a team involves great poise, whether it is making the play with a pass or by handing the ball to the proper teammate at the proper time.  My argument is that had he received the support of his TEAM - players, trainers AND coaches - how much better might the wins have been, not to mention a difference in the outcome of the latter games if given the chance to play.  Did his coaches attempt to work with him on improving his game, particularly in passing, or by mid-season had that been dropped or minimized in favor of the infamous handoff game plan?  Isn't it the responsibility of college coaches to take the raw talent they identify in high school and work to develop it to full potential in order to benefit their team, if not the individual player?

Let's quit criticizing Mitch Mustain who does possess the raw talent according to many of those who know the game and discuss why that talent wasn't harnessed and allowed to blossom on the field.  I would not expect a true freshmen to exhibit the maturity and poise of an upperclassman who had been allowed to grow in a proper system, but don't you think that, within the confines of where he had to work, Mitch Mustain did a heck of a job and displayed occasional flashes of brilliance that could have developed into even more productivity within a team with much talent that could have been exploited if coached to work as a finely tuned unit?

How sad that we will never know the full potential of what could have been with last year's team?  I don't think Mitch Mustain wanted to be known as THE player on the team - I think he just wanted to be a teammate and help his favorite team win.

RedRiverHog

Quote from: jbcarol on April 10, 2007, 09:52:08 am
It's not so much that Mitch was the greatest player of all time, but with his credentials from high school - given by national media outlets, not local Springdale awards - it was obvious that he had great potential to accomplish much on the field.

Yes, he was at the helm when his team went 7-0 and credit should be given for that.  Directing a team involves great poise, whether it is making the play with a pass or by handing the ball to the proper teammate at the proper time.  My argument is that had he received the support of his TEAM - players, trainers AND coaches - how much better might the wins have been, not to mention a difference in the outcome of the latter games if given the chance to play.  Did his coaches attempt to work with him on improving his game, particularly in passing, or by mid-season had that been dropped or minimized in favor of the infamous handoff game plan?  Isn't it the responsibility of college coaches to take the raw talent they identify in high school and work to develop it to full potential in order to benefit their team, if not the individual player?

Let's quit criticizing Mitch Mustain who does possess the raw talent according to many of those who know the game and discuss why that talent wasn't harnessed and allowed to blossom on the field.  I would not expect a true freshmen to exhibit the maturity and poise of an upperclassman who had been allowed to grow in a proper system, but don't you think that, within the confines of where he had to work, Mitch Mustain did a heck of a job and displayed occasional flashes of brilliance that could have developed into even more productivity within a team with much talent that could have been exploited if coached to work as a finely tuned unit?

How sad that we will never know the full potential of what could have been with last year's team?  I don't think Mitch Mustain wanted to be known as THE player on the team - I think he just wanted to be a teammate and help his favorite team win.

Nothing personal JB but this post just validated my point. This has been said over and over and over in every possible way. I'm sorry but a vast majority of people are tired of hearing it.

Lets move on to more pertinent things like getting rid of Nutt.

MsNuttsandBolts

Quote from: jbcarol on April 10, 2007, 09:52:08 am

I agree. What happened to that kid should be an embarrassment to all of us who are real HOG fans. It has nothing to do with where he is from. He always dreamed of being a HOG. It is so sad that grown ups have the audacity to bash him, he is just a kid. His mind does not work the way ours does, except, he loves the HOGS too.
MsNuttsandBolts   :@)

jbcarol

[quote author=RedRiverHog
Lets move on to more pertinent things like getting rid of Nutt.

Sorry to be so verbose.  That was my point.  Who caused the mess in the first place?  Let's get rid of who/what caused the issue(s) of players not being coached to their potential.  I agree with you!