Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Classic Empire out of the Belmont

Started by heavylifting, June 07, 2017, 12:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kingoftherapids

I think it's tapwrit, IWC, epicharis for the win.  Looking at lucky keyed in 2nd -4th

jdelo77

userpick

I hate this. Would've been a major bet against for me.

husker71

I am with you on Tapwrit and maybe make a little money    Not sure what the public will put him at

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

userpick

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on June 08, 2017, 09:40:12 am
Epicharis may be scratched too. That would also be bad as I didn't have him as a contender.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/221992/epicharis-does-not-train-after-lameness-treatment

This is more common than you'd think. I could be wrong but doubt he is scratched.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: userpick on June 08, 2017, 09:44:40 am
This is more common than you'd think. I could be wrong but doubt he is scratched.
May not be but you don't want your horse with issues two days before the longest and hardest race of his life. I hope he runs and takes a lot of money.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

HogFanInBryant

I am dismissing the sprint pedigree of Mutliplier (The Factor was a rocket at a mile or less) and really think he wins this race by grinding it out the last 1/16 of a mile.  His win in the IL Derby was much better than the speed figs show and love the way he did it.  My pick and pretty confident now against this field.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on June 08, 2017, 08:54:44 pm
I am dismissing the sprint pedigree of Mutliplier (The Factor was a rocket at a mile or less) and really think he wins this race by grinding it out the last 1/16 of a mile.  His win in the IL Derby was much better than the speed figs show and love the way he did it.  My pick and pretty confident now against this field.
Remember Palace Malice? Horses can win the Belmont Stakes on the front end. Someone's going to the front and gonna try and grind it out and I'm leaning that way too...just don't know if Multiplier is the horse to do it. Meantime with Mike Smith or Irish War Cry all have early speed. May be a jockeys race once again.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on June 08, 2017, 09:09:46 pm
Remember Palace Malice? Horses can win the Belmont Stakes on the front end. Someone's going to the front and gonna try and grind it out and I'm leaning that way too...just don't know if Multiplier is the horse to do it. Meantime with Mike Smith or Irish War Cry all have early speed. May be a jockeys race once again.

I don't think he will go to the front but I do expect him to never be more than 3 maybe 4 lengths off and he makes a slow steady kind of grind to the lead.  He seems to be a boring type runner who will like the distance, like maybe making up a length per furlong the last 1/2 mile of the race...but who knows at this crazy distance?

mckinneyhog5

I'm working Saturday so I'm putting my bet in tomorrow.

Betting a $1 tri 7,9/7,9,10,12/all $60 bet. Good luck all!

porkinsons disease

This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

jdelo77

Epicharis scratched for not passing a vet exam ...

HogFanInBryant

I am playing a pick 3 starting with race 9 and ending with the 11th which is the Belmont Stakes:
2,5,12/6,9/6,9,10

jdelo77

I really like sharp azteca in the 9th ...but economic model will be right there as well ?

kingoftherapids

Quote from: kingoftherapids on June 07, 2017, 02:29:36 pm
I think it's tapwrit, IWC, epicharis for the win.  Looking at lucky keyed in 2nd -4th
Iceeeeee colllllddddd

riccoar

2 Tapwrit
7 Irish War Cry
12 Patch
3 Gormley

riccoar

5th Senior Investment
6th Twisted Tom
7th Lookin At Lee

HogFanInBryant

I hate blaming a loss on a jockey, but no way in the world should IWC have been up on the lead as long as he was.  I think he wins the Belmont if they would have held him back a bit until they had gone about a mile.  I think he was the best horse in the race honestly...just my 2 cents.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on June 10, 2017, 06:05:31 pm
I hate blaming a loss on a jockey, but no way in the world should IWC have been up on the lead as long as he was.  I think he wins the Belmont if they would have held him back a bit until they had gone about a mile.  I think he was the best horse in the race honestly...just my 2 cents.
BS he was fouled by Tapwrit... Jockey damn near hit him in the face with his stick after coming in 5 wide and almost putting IWC in the rail. Total BS not to DQ Tapwrit.

HawgWild

I really thought the jockey moved too early on Tapwrit but I guess that's why I'm sitting on the couch watching the race.