Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GREGG MARSHALL SHOULD BE FIRED !!

Started by ParkerSchnabel, January 20, 2018, 12:44:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ParkerSchnabel

Getting blown out by Houston. Shame shame.  :-\

Of all the dumb threads on hogville, this type is among the dumbest.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: Karma on January 20, 2018, 12:51:24 pm

Not really. How many of you anti Mike guys would pawn your sister to bring in Marshall ? Yet he's getting the exact same treatment in Houston that you guys cried about.

I think its relevant.

Fan701

Quote from: Karma on January 20, 2018, 12:51:24 pm
Still, you know if Gregg Marshall were our coach, there'd be a large contingent on here after every loss calling for his head.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: Fan701 on January 20, 2018, 12:55:24 pm
Still, you know if Gregg Marshall were our coach, there'd be a large contingent on here after every loss calling for his head.

And thats my point. Its basketball NOT football. Sometimes a team or even a player gets hot. You can't live and die with every single game. Can these streaks last ? Sure look at Macon. Since he's been off so has the team. When I played there were games that I was so on that I could hear the camera man screaming to get the ball to me. But man I had a few ugly games too. Sometimes the basket looks like the ocean, others you just can't buy a break.

Nature of the sport.

Sho Nuff

Dumb.  Marshall's teams are consistently in the top 15.  If Mike had that kind of consistent success there would be much more leniency from the fan base.  No one is expecting us to win every game, but we also don't expect that we play terrible defense and shoot 50% from the line every game.

tophawg19

ok . how about comparing his overall results and record against Mikes . you want to throw out 1 game but compare what the two have accomplished overall at their school
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

The_Iceman

Let me know when Mike's tenure at Arkansas looks like this:

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: Sho Nuff on January 20, 2018, 01:02:45 pm
Dumb.  Marshall's teams are consistently in the top 15.  If Mike had that kind of consistent success there would be much more leniency from the fan base.  No one is expecting us to win every game, but we also don't expect that we play terrible defense and shoot 50% from the line every game.

So the AAC has the athletes that the SEC does ? No way.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 20, 2018, 01:04:24 pm

So only ONE final four in 7 years ? Thats just crap. BC they play in a much weaker conference. A bid  every year is easier.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 20, 2018, 01:04:24 pm

Let me know when witchita State joins a real conference.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

ParkerSchnabel

73-59 DOMINATED by Houston.

No blocking out. No screens. Marshall just doesn't coach the fundamentals. Did you watch that game ? They just looked awful. No defense.

ParkerSchnabel

Reality is... When the ball isn't going in the bucket, EVERY little mistake is magnified and obsessed over. Especially by clueless fans and broadcasters like Jimmy Dykes who couldnt coach a game to save his life.

FineAsSwine

Texas Tech losing to Iowa State 14-4 early in the 1st half.
Hogs up! Covid down!

20gauge

Happens to us more often. The SEC has been crap until here recently. WSU has had more success than us and has been more relevant than us for years.

Quit making excuses for the way we are playing. MA needs to get this fixed, us relevant or he needs to go period.

Plus I don't give a crap about any other team but this one. We have looked horrible. Adjustments need to be made period and now. Quit being stubborn and make adjustments as needed. Nothing has been done except to sit Macon one start. Time to get it done

razorpimp

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 20, 2018, 01:06:54 pm
So only ONE final four in 7 years ? Thats just crap. BC they play in a much weaker conference. A bid  every year is easier.

You show your complete ignorance with that quote!  Geez

It is much, much, much harder for a team in a smaller conference to get a bid

Fan701

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 20, 2018, 01:17:36 pm
Chris Beard can't win on the road.  He should be fired if he loses again today.

hoglady

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 20, 2018, 01:11:28 pm
Reality is... When the ball isn't going in the bucket, EVERY little mistake is magnified and obsessed over. Especially by clueless fans and broadcasters like Jimmy Dykes who couldnt coach a game to save his life.

No kidding about Dykes - he proved he REALLY can't coach a lick.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: 20gauge on January 20, 2018, 01:18:13 pm
Happens to us more often. The SEC has been crap until here recently. WSU has had more success than us and has been more relevant than us for years.

Quit making excuses for the way we are playing. MA needs to get this fixed, us relevant or he needs to go period.

Plus I don't give a crap about any other team but this one. We have looked horrible. Adjustments need to be made period and now. Quit being stubborn and make adjustments as needed. Nothing has been done except to sit Macon one start. Time to get it done

I don't disagree with you. But sometimes you just get beat by a team that gets hot. Arkansas has been cold from the field since the start of conference play. A lot of it is bc in the SEC you can't come into the paint without being mugged. But its the coaches job to get the players adjusted to that style of play. Mike has failed there. But his history as a coach tells me he will adjust. If he doesnt I agree. Time to go.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: razorpimp on January 20, 2018, 01:19:11 pm

WRONG. They don't have to compete against 14 teams with the kind of money and base that SEC teams have. Talking about making yourself look stupid.

Fan701

Quote from: razorpimp on January 20, 2018, 01:19:11 pm

Not when you're a cinch to win your conference every year, as was the case for Wich. St. back in the MVC days.  Their conference now is more competitive with Cincinnati, Houston, SMU, but still not nearly as good top to bottom as SEC, and, lo and behold, Wich. St. loses conference games now, especially on the road, it seems.

ParkerSchnabel

So all of those 16 teams that get blown out by the blue blooded one seeds every single year would easily get in if they were playing in the SEC ? Dumbest thing I've ever read.

Beaverfever

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 20, 2018, 01:06:54 pm
So only ONE final four in 7 years ? Thats just crap.
Mike has 2 tournament wins in that same period of time.  Also, Marshall coaches at Wichita State.   

Letsroll1200

Oklahoma State is doing to top 5 Oklahoma the same way they did the Hogs last year.

PharmacistHog

Dumb thread. Not a single person was calling for mike to be fired after the loss to houston. Into the trash where it belongs.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

99toLife

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 20, 2018, 01:17:36 pm

Iowa State is a TOUGH place to play. Crazy as this sounds they have some of the truest die hard fans in the country. The place isn't huge but it rocks on game day with 14M+ crazy people.  I have no logical explanation,  it is what it is.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 20, 2018, 01:29:08 pm
Dumb thread. Not a single person was calling for mike to be fired after the loss to houston. Into the trash where it belongs.

That was NOT the point. The point was that people over react to every single loss. Trash can ? I had no idea that a Razorback message board would have an anti-coach agenda. Wow. Ok.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 20, 2018, 01:35:58 pm
That was NOT the point. The point was that people over react to every single loss. Trash can ? I had no idea that a Razorback message board would have an anti-coach agenda. Wow. Ok.

Has zero to do with the razorbacks. I'm not anti anything except anti-crappy basketball. I dont care who is the coach. I agree the fire mike crap is dumb in the middle of the season.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 20, 2018, 02:45:39 pm
Has zero to do with the razorbacks. I'm not anti anything except anti-crappy basketball. I dont care who is the coach. I agree the fire mike crap is dumb in the middle of the season.

Ok well I'm new here and the forum is called "jump ball" I didn't see a forum for SEC basketball like there is for football. Or did I miss it ? Ok now I see one that says "SEC sports" isn't that the best place for it ?