Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Coaches that are the best at hoarding blue-chippers at key positions

Started by jbcarol, July 08, 2014, 11:57:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Which current SEC major sport coaches have been on a recruiting roll, including stockpiling more four and five stars at a position than there are a reasonable number of minutes to spread across a college career?

Generally top recruits have enough information to gauge whether there is a spot for them at a certain school and whether their goals can be met with respect to playing time and the impact on their pro future. But some coaches have defied the playing time odds and "Uncle Buck" odds and continue to bring in 5-star upon 5-star for their five-deep.

You cannot blame a coach for assembling as much top talent as possible. He mitigates injury or other eligibility risks, creates healthy competition for his stars, keeps opponents from utilizing the players he has on the scout team, and sometimes takes the top recruit in another state away from a rival or up-and-coming star recruiter to create drama for his competitor.

Also the coaches generally have a track record of putting players into the pros. The stats on how many sure-fire prospects saw their career end with that coach or lose time and momentum due to transfer is rarely summarized.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Kentucky Basketball Front Court 2014-15

UK has had three seven-footers before but at least two were generally sitting on the end of the bench.

The Kentucky '14-15 roster has five highly rated C/PFs with another McDonald's All-American (Poythress) with a PF body moving to SF for playing time and his potential NBA future.

NBADraft.net has athletic 6-10 rising sophomore Marcus Lee as the 12th pick in the 2015 NBA mock draft based on his performance off the bench against Michigan in the NCAA Regional final. Lee may be the fifth of five among UK's bigs in playing time if all are healthy in '14-15.

Productive big men are at a premium and usually make the jump to the NBA draft as soon as practical even if they could use another year in college to hone their skills (Daniel Orton).  Their injury risk is higher (think Sam Bowie).

Calipari has generally had to reload his front court. In a sense this wealth of big men seemed to fall into his lap.

The seldom-used Lee was considered having an outside shot (which he currently lacks as a player) to be taken as a late second rounder based on his circus put back dunks in the Michigan game.  John Beilein confessed that they did not have tape on Lee. He decided to return for '14-15. He got to play due to an ankle injury to athletic 7-footer Willie Cauley-Stein. Willie was in no hurry to leave school and realized his injury, which required surgery, would drop him from the lottery so he returned shocking Calipari.  Finally 7-footer Dakari Johnson who has a big NBA body but is relatively new to basketball, decided to stay rather than take a chance on being a late first round NBA pick. Calipari had already signed 2014 5-stars Karl Towns and Trey Lyles who had to assume Cauley-Stein and perhaps Johnson would be playing in the Summer League this week.

Needless to say, Calipari has fouls to give at the four and five.  In a sabermetrics way, he is selling production per minute versus absolute stats as the appropriate way to judge his bigs along with the eye test.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

UGa, Mark Richt and tailbacks

Michael Carvell: How big of a challenge will it be for UGA to recruit a top running back for this year's class?

On the surface, it looks like brutal task due to UGA's ridiculous depth of the position.

QuoteIt has less to do with Keith Marshall and Heisman candidate Todd Gurley — who will both likely exit for the NFL after this season. UGA's ability to recruit at the position is more impacted by the presence of incoming freshmen 5-stars Nick Chubb and Sony Michel.

But Mark Richt doesn't seem to think it will be a problem to land another big fish at running back...

"No I don't think (it will be a problem)," Richt said recently. "What are the chances of Gurley staying around a long time? You know, (and) Keith Marshall for that matter? You know, if you only have three running backs on campus, and you take two out of there ... That's not enough. The kids know that."

"You probably didn't think you'd get a Nick Chubb and Sony Michel this past year. I don't think anybody wants to be the one guy.

"Around 20 years ago, it was 'I want to be the guy. I want 20 or 30 carries per game. I want to be the man. Now it's like I want to be one of the men' because they understand, and the NFL Draft has proven that. Backs don't have a long life.

UGA has offered scholarships to eight running backs for 2015, according to 247sports.com. Six of the eight have already committed to other schools...

"Even if you're not a Georgia fan, you're aware of the depth and the quality of depth that they're going to have at Georgia at running back," said 247sports.com's Rusty Mansell. "Going into the season, it all looks good for Georgia on paper. It could be even better as the season plays out once you see the young guys and how they adapt to college. But there's no question that other schools are using that against UGA, and that's just the nature of recruiting...

"Now if they don't find who they like or want, they could certainly skip a year. And it wouldn't be the end of the world, for sure."

jbcarol

Nick Saban, Bama and tailbacks
247 Composite 5- and notable 4-star backs since the 2008 recruiting class:

Mark Ingram 2008
Trent Richardson 2009
Eddie Lacy 2009
Jalston Fowler 2010
Corey Grant 2010
Dee Hart 2011
Brent Calloway 2011
TJ Yeldon 2012
Kenyan Drake 2012
Derrick Henry 2013
Altee Tenpenny 2013
Tyren Jones 2013
Alvin Kamara 2013
Bo Scarbrough 2014

Verbals:
DeSherrius Flowers 2015

jbcarol

Mark Richt learned stockpiling from one of the best: Howard Schnellenberger

Georgia coach Mark Richt about his old friend, Jim Kelly: Miami's depth chart for Kelly's senior season also had Richt, Vinny Testaverde, Kyle Vanderwende and redshirt Bernie Kosar.

QuoteRicht glanced at a picture hanging on the wall of his office.

"You have four first-rounders in the same photo," Richt said. "One of them was Earl Morrall, who was the coach. Then you got Jim Kelly, first-round draft pick. Vinny Testaverde, first-round draft pick. Bernie Kosar, first-round draft pick. I was probably the fifth- or sixth-best guy in the picture. All on the same team at the same time.

Howard Schnellenberger recruited Testaverde and Kosar.

"I was actually going to transfer at one time when it looked pretty bleak, being behind a guy like Jim in my same class," Richt said. "I was stuck behind this guy.

"But something on the inside just did not want to quit. I did transfer, so to speak, in my mind. I told Coach Schnellenberger I was out. He said, 'All right. If that's what you want, but if you change your mind let me know.' I might have been out for a week, but something inside just wouldn't allow me to be comfortable with that decision.

"I chose to stay and to be the best backup quarterback I could be and help the team win if I ever got the chance. I don't regret that decision."

And where was Richt going to transfer?

"I didn't have a plan," Richt said with a resigned laugh. "I was just leaving. I was, like, 'I've got to find another place.' But it didn't happen."

jbcarol

Ben Roberts @NextCats  · 
UK has offered 6 post players in class of 2015: Bragg, Diallo, Labissiere, Rabb, Stone, Zimmerman. Just 1 guard: Malik Newman.

jbcarol

Has Coach Saban "hoarded" OLBs not counting RBs converted to OLB?

Here is what the data says:

Rashaan Evans  #1 '14 OLB  Auburn High
Christian Miller   #3 in '14  Columbia SC Spring Valley
Keith Holcombe #31 in '14  Tuscaloosa Hillcrest
Took '13 off
Ryan Anderson  #6 in '12   Daphne
Tyler Hayes     #12 in '12  Thomasville
Brent Calloway  #5 in '11  Russellville
Trey DePriest   #7 in '11   Springfield, OH
CJ Mosley        #6 in '10   Theodore
Nico Johnson    #2 in '09   Andalusia
Jonathan Atchinson  #24 in '09 Atlanta
Jerrell Harris     #3 in '08   Gadsden
Courtney Upshaw  #12 in '08  Eufaula

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  2h
4-star linebacker Leo Lewis de-commits from Alabama, @JTalty confirms. http://ow.ly/zkMbE

jbcarol

Which School Is The Real 'Running Back U'?

Quote1. LSU

...s 13 NFL Draft selections at the running back position led the NCAA, and its seven running backs selected in the first four rounds tied Miami for the most.

Like several others on this list, the Tigers were one of the six schools to have a running back selected in each round of the draft. LSU has had one first round selection in Joseph Addai (2006), and two second-rounders in Kevin Faulk (1999) and Jeremy Hill (2014). Stevan Ridley, taken in the third round of the 2011 draft, has become an important player for the New England Patriots. The Tigers had two players (Hill, Alfred Blue) taken in this past year's draft.

Perhaps No. 1 running back recruit Leonard Fournette knew as much...

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  19s

Alabama beat writer debate: How should Tide divide carries between Yeldon, Henry and Drake? http://ow.ly/zKUc3

They could nickle and dime it.

jbcarol

Are LSU RBs comfortable sharing the load?

Quote"It's always been running back-by-committee at LSU," Senior TB Terrence Magee said. "Everyone is going to get their fair share of carries. But at the same time, everyone in our backfield are team-oriented guys. Whatever is in the best interest of the team, that's what I'm willing to do. If that means me taking 15 carries or taking five carries, then I'm for it."

Said coach Les Miles: "I think that's an advantage. If you look at Terrence Magee, we've gotten them tired. There have been times when he just busted a big run, took significant contact. Kenny Hilliard had just played. In fact, we will need those guys that have fresh legs. I think you can always kind of count on that from us."

In each of the last three seasons, the Tigers have had four running backs with 60 or more carries. And with no entrenched starter at quarterback this season, there could be even more carries to go around.

Magee stated there was no dissension with true freshman Leonard Fournette being the focus of SEC Media Days during LSU's time slot.

jbcarol

Jerry Tipton's UK basketball notes: No shortage of big men

NASSAU, Bahamas — If Dakari Johnson doesn't get you, then Karl-Anthony Towns will. Or Alex Poythress. Or Marcus Lee. And don't forget about Willie Cauley-Stein and Trey Lyles.

"We have an interesting dynamic of big guys," Kentucky assistant Kenny Payne said with stylish understatement.

QuoteIn UK's 83-71 victory over the Dominican Republic National Team, Payne credited Johnson with setting a tone.

"If you're not going to trap him," Payne said before stopping to chuckle, "he's really hard to deal with." Payne called Johnson "a bull."

Lee brings a spark off the bench. Twice he took feeds from Derek Willis and dunked to start the second half, the second an improbable reach-back job that he directed home.

"His energy is important to us," Payne said of Lee.

Towns brings low-post presence and the ability to face-up and shoot out to three-point distance.

Poythress brings strength, size and athleticism.

Not on display here are Cauley-Stein (a defensive presence and low-post scoring threat) and Lyles (just another — ho-hum — McDonald's All-American).

"I mean, we have so many different, legitimate players, that it's very difficult to plan out who you're going to take away. Then another one steps in."

They will have fouls to give and insurance against injury.  See how playing time is managed and the impact on recruiting down the road as Cal is now benching McD All-Americans.

jbcarol

Kentucky's frontcourt is already crowded with 7-footer Dakari Johnson, 6-11 Karl-Anthony Towns, 6-9 Marcus Lee, 6-9 Derek Willis and 6-8 Alex Poythress, all of whom have played well in the Bahamas.

QuoteCauley-Stein said, "That's not my job to figure out. All I can do is play as hard as I can and do what I do best and take care of what I can control, and the outcome of that, Coach decides who gets minutes and who doesn't and who comes off the bench and who starts. That's his job, not mine."

The Cats' veteran big man does know one thing: he likes the two-platoon system he's seen so far on this trip. It's certainly one way to manage minutes with so many deserving players.

"It's always a fresh wave of guys coming in, and it's pretty genius to have, especially when you have three starting lineups you could put in," Cauley-Stein said. "It doesn't matter who starts in it, because at the end of the day you're going to get the same amount of minutes and you're going to get the same amount of touches as everybody else. I like it a lot."

jbcarol

Randy Rosetta @RandyRosetta  ·  9m
Future is bright for #LSU backs, but Terrence Magee & Kenny Hilliard still have major roles in 2014 http://s.nola.com/KhWiqjZ  via @nolanews

jbcarol

Randy Rosetta @RandyRosetta  ·  9h
#LSU's talented OLB crew now has experience to go with speed and depth http://s.nola.com/0sPhQ6N  via @nolanews

QuoteThe two starters are juniors Kwon Alexander on the weakside and Lamar Louis on the strong side, although Deion 'Debo' Jones and Duke Riley will push for playing time and could click into first-team spots seamlessly.

Another junior, Ronnie Feist, is a bit of a mystery man after not playing a down last season. He could contribute at both spots.

What connects all five players is versatility, and that equates to more and better depth than LSU has had at perhaps any time in defensive coordinator John Chavis' six-year tenure to go hand-in-hand with the experience...

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello @bmarcello  ·  16h
ICYMI: Freshman QB Sean White's big arm leads to 'phenomenal' performance, hope for future http://ow.ly/AxOFn

jbcarol

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  5h

"Kentucky has more options at the 4 and 5 that (sic) maybe any team in the history of College Basketball" --- @GaryParrishCBS on Leach Report

jbcarol

Sheldon Mickles @MicklesAdvocate  · 
#LSU's Miles talks enthusiastically talks about his four tailbacks after Tuesday scrimmage. Says Kenny Hilliard had more than 100 yards.

jbcarol

LSU: Offensive Line

At center the competition has been just as heated there as it has been between Brandon Harris and Anthony Jennings for the glamour position...

QuoteSenior Elliott Porter (6-foot-4, 300 pounds) of Shaw High in New Orleans is the returning starter at center. He has played in 22 games the past two seasons with 12 starts last season. But sophomore Ethan Pocic (6-7, 301) of Lemont, Illinois, just outside Chicago, will play a lot and may well start when the No. 13 Tigers play the No. 14 Badgers at NRG (formerly Reliant) Stadium.

"I've been practicing just a little bit here and there at guard, but a lot at center," Pocic said Thursday.

Asked if he would start at center, Pocic said, "That's a good question. That's something Coach would have to answer."

Call it Midwestern values. Like former offensive tackle Joseph Barksdale, Pocic is a rarity at LSU, but something that is getting more common with Miles, the former Michigan offensive guard. Pocic, like his coach, is a Midwestern offensive lineman. Barksdale was LSU's first signee from the Detroit, Michigan, area in 2007 as the No. 6 defensive tackle in the nation. Pocic is LSU's first offensive line signee from the Chicago area.

"Pretty much the main thing to get used to was the weather," Pocic said. "It's a little hotter. I played a little bit in Austin, Texas, for Team USA in high school, but that was more like a dry heat."

He also has struggled at locating a Chicago style pizza.

Pocic, the No. 4 offensive tackle in the nation by Rivals.com in 2013 out of Lemont High and the No. 50 overall prospect, had less trouble with the switch to center. An early enrollee at LSU in January of 2013, he was moved to center before spring drills by Miles.

LSU TIES ALABAMA: The Tigers and Crimson Tide led the Southeastern Conference with 11 players each named to the Coaches' All-SEC preseason team.

Offensive tackle La'Eel Collins was the only Tiger to make first team, though, as Alabama put eight on the first team. Left guard Vadal Alexander made the second team from LSU.

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  10m

Jalston Fowler smiles through 'humbling' transition to Alabama fullback where he's carving new future. http://ow.ly/AMksm

jbcarol

Michael Casagrande @ByCasagrande  ·  8h
Former Alabama RB Dee Hart explodes in Colorado State debut, leads Rams to rivalry win. http://ow.ly/ASU6U

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  1h
Expect more Kenyan Drake in Alabama's offensive plans moving forward http://ow.ly/AXfeK

jbcarol

Richt: Tailback group probably his best; Marshall's knee 'fine'

Mark Richt got this question on his weekly media teleconference Sunday night: Top to bottom, is his current group of running backs the most talented he has had in his 14 years at UGA?

Quote"It probably is," Richt said. "I mean, I shouldn't ... make a statement like that because you think you're going to hurt somebody's feelings. But this bunch is pretty good.

"Now we had a time where we had Danny Ware, (Kregg) Lumpkin and Thomas Brown – all NFL players – and Knowshon Moreno as a freshman. ... That was a pretty good bunch as well."

In Georgia's season-opening 45-21 win over Clemson on Saturday, freshmen Nick Chubb and Sony Michel made their college debuts and combined for 103 rushing yards. Chubb had four carries for 70 yards, including a 47-yard touchdown. Michel had six carries for 33 yards.

Of course, those numbers were overshadowed by starting tailback Todd Gurley's 198 rushing yards on 15 carries. Gurley scored three rushing touchdowns and another TD on a 100-yard kickoff return.

Keith Marshall, who rushed for 759 yards in 2012 and 246 last year before suffering a season-ending knee injury on Oct. 5, returned to action Saturday. He had six carries for eight yards and didn't play after Georgia's next-to-last possession of the third quarter.

Richt said Marshall's knee was checked out afterward...

Georgia had 328 yards rushing against Clemson — 117 in the first three quarters and 211 in the fourth quarter.

jbcarol

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/87730/take-two-alabama-or-georgias-rbs

QuoteFormer AG Ed Aschoff: Alabama still has the best running back duo in the SEC with T.J. Yeldon and Derrick Henry. Both of those guys could start at just about any school in the country, and they have health on their side. Yeldon has carried the ball 405 times for 2,469 yards and 28 touchdowns in his career and has missed only one game because of an injury. Gurley missed a month of work last year and Marshall missed most of last season with a knee injury.

Scarborough County: there's no question in my mind Georgia is the backfield to choose. Gurley, when healthy, is the best player in the country, hands down. He's big, strong and explosive. Backs that well built aren't supposed run as fast as he does. Yet he's the one guy I look at in the SEC and know he can take over the game whenever he wants...

You think Henry is a beast? Just look at Nick Chubb...

jbcarol

jbcarol

Barton Simmons 247: Arkansas tight end class is unmatched

Bret Bielema is stock-piling talent but he's doing it in a uniquely 'Bret Bielema' way...

QuoteBielema is looking ... to jumbo athletes that can maul you in the blocking game and make plays down field as pass catchers. On Tuesday, Arkansas picked up a commitment from four-star tight end Will Gragg, Arkansas' third four-star tight end commit and fourth tight end commit ranked within the top 20 at the position.

Clearly, Bielema is building the Arkansas program from the inside out...

[No. 8 TE] Gragg joins a class that includes the nation's No. 9 tight end in Jamario Bell who has perhaps as much upside as any in the country with his 6-6 frame and basketball background. Bell is likely to play DE for Arkansas but still offers an option at the position. C.J. O'Grady is ranked No. 14 in the country according to 247Sports Composite with a similar size and skill set to Gragg. Finally, Austin Cantrell is ranked the lowest according to the recruiting industry, but highest in the 247Sports rankings. The 6-4.5, 250-pounder can be a true Y for Arkansas or he can play in an H-Back type role as a pass-catcher, lead blocker or move tight end.

With this group joining Hunter Henry and Jeremy Sprinkle already on campus, offensive coordinator Jim Chaney is going to have a plethora of options.

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  15h
Former Alabama RB Dee Hart leads winning drive in Colorado State upset of Boston College. http://ow.ly/C1BBM

vandybuff

..... maybe Vandy ""is"" hoarding their talent in football, 'cause I do not see it on the field.  :)
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

jbcarol

Drew Champlin @DrewChamplin  ·  16 hours ago
Running back Bo Scarbrough reportedly cleared to enroll at Alabama in January http://s.al.com/6BymJwi  via @aldotcom

jbcarol

Nick Chubb has 120 yards on 33 carries early in the 4th quarter at Mizzou with Gurley suspended and Marshall out with injury.

jbcarol

Seth Emerson @SethEmerson  ·  21 minutes ago
Nick Chubb today: 38 rushes for 148 yards and a TD, and four catches for 31 yards.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell @Carvell_AJC  ·  4 hours ago

What does Christian Owens think about #UGA adding 4 more WR's since he committed? Interesting answer: http://on-ajc.com/1oorgYI

QuoteWhat do you think about UGA getting all those other commitments at WR in this class?

"I hear a lot about that from people all the time. 'You know they've got this commitment? You know they've got that receiver?' It really doesn't bother me because no matter what school you go to, you're going to have competition..."

Rivals lists Owens as a 4-star TE to his chagrin.

jbcarol

Another reason to "hoard" if you can ... "you can never have enough _____"

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  18 hours ago

Alabama running back Tyren Jones suspended http://ow.ly/Dusnf

QuoteAlabama running back Tyren Jones wasn't seen at practice Tuesday and is "suspended for now," coach Nick Saban said.

Jones, who hails from Marietta, Georgia, has received the lion's share of carries in late action when Alabama holds a significant lead.

Jones' absence leaves an already depleted Alabama running back group even thinner.

Starter T.J. Yeldon won't practice much, if at all, this week as he recovers from a foot injury. Junior Kenyan Drake has been out for the season since early this month. Freshman safety Ronnie Clark, who was moved to the position after the Ole Miss game, tore his Achilles tendon in practice and is out for the season.

Saban said there were no plans to bring any new members to the group. Fullback Jalston Fowler, who ran the ball a handful of times Saturday at Tennessee, is working more as a running back, Saban said, joining Derrick Henry and Altee Tenpenny.

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  2 hours ago
Derrick Henry leads uncharacteristically thin group of Alabama RBs at bye week practice http://ow.ly/DxEFT

QuoteThat's left Alabama with Derrick Henry and Altee Tenpenny as its only scholarship running backs at its first two practices of the bye week. Fullback Jalston Fowler, who has plenty of running back experience, has increased his snaps at the position after receiving his first two carries of the year against Tennessee. The group is thin enough that freshman walk-on Buddy Pell of Mountain Brook was near the front of the line for drills at Wednesday's practice.

Never has Henry, who is second on the team with 530 yards and four touchdowns, been in a bigger position to lead than now...

jbcarol

Adam Sparks @AdamSparks  · 

Vanderbilt 'a tight end school,' says Mason http://tnne.ws/1u96grb  via @tennessean

QuoteCoach Derek Mason wants Vanderbilt to become Tight End U.

It's taken more than a half season, but the Commodores are now completely buying into the use of their tight ends.

"We came out of the bye (week) understanding that our tight ends are pretty good and maybe under-utilized in terms of the matchups that we can create," Mason said. "We are always going to be about tight ends here. We are still a receiving school, as well, but until those guys grow up and become mainstays or big-time targets, our tight ends can fill that void for us.

"This is going to be a tight end school, and we are going to have tight ends that can go play at the next level in the next couple of years."

The Commodores' 34 receptions for 474 yards by tight ends rank second in the SEC, trailing only Arkansas (40 catches for 561 yards).

jbcarol

Richt has a license to hoard:

Seth Emerson @SethEmerson  ·  23 minutes ago
Travel roster not provided to media yet, but source says Sony Michel made trip but Keith Marshal didn't. Michel no guarantee to play much.

Gurley is serving last week of suspension.

jbcarol

jbcarol

John Talty @JTalty  ·  Nov 13

If I'm one of the three 2015 FSU QB commits, and I see Malik Henry coming in the year after, I'm taking a look elsewhere.

Jimbo is stockpiling talent...

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on November 14, 2014, 02:50:34 pm
John Talty @JTalty  ·  Nov 13

If I'm one of the three 2015 FSU QB commits, and I see Malik Henry coming in the year after, I'm taking a look elsewhere.

Jimbo is stockpiling talent...

Josh Newberg @joshnewberg247  ·  18 hours ago
#FSU has one QB commit for every WR commit in the 2015 & 2016 class. 

"Come to FSU where every WR gets their own QB" - If I was recruiting

Oh, and you can do whatever you want.

jbcarol

Kyle Tucker @KyleTucker_CJ  ·  16 minutes ago
Kentucky attempting 14 first-half threes is not ideal (or logical with a huge size advantage). Making three of them much worse.

jbcarol

Gregg Doyel @GreggDoyelStar  ·  14 hours ago

I think Dakari Johnson is a first-round pick. And I'm positive Kentucky has four big men who are better than he is.

jbcarol

John Calipari        ✔ @UKCoachCalipari

I apologized to my guards today. I did something w/them I should have done earlier that would have made them ALL better. It was eye-opening.
2:54 PM - 2 Jan 2015

Key Guards' per-36 minute averages thus far:

Points  Reb  Asts  Stls   Blks  Turnovers
Devin Booker     18.9   2.5   2.5   1.5   0.2   2.1

Aaron Harrison  15.6   3.2   3.2   2.0   0.2   1.4

Andrew Harrison11.7   3.5   6.8   1.8   0.3   3.5

Tyler Ulis           10.5   4.0   6.7   2.2   0.2   2.2

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/a-look-at-uks-mid-season-per-36-minute-averages

jbcarol

Kyle Tucker @KyleTucker_CJ  ·  2 hours ago

#ICYMI: Buried on the bench, UK's Derek Willis admits he lost focus, says he's trying to get it back, earn his time: http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/kentucky/2015/01/19/bullit-east-alum-derek-willis-wants-work-back-role-kentucky-basketball/22020227/ ...

jbcarol

Where are they now? Coach Saban's 2013 RB Class...

Derrick Henry (#5 RB overall, #1 from state of FL): The guy many, including apparently three names below, thought would be moving to defense, had 990 yards rushing and 5.9 ypc in 2014-15.

Altee Tenpenny (#8 RB overall, #1 from state of AR):
    The past 2 years with the Crimson Tide has been a great experience! I wouldn't trade it for anything! It's time to start a new chapter!
    — Altee Tenpenny (@Boobie_Miles_22) January 18, 2015

Alvin Kamara (#2 APB and #1 from state of GA, #6 overall player from GA)
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/alvin-kamaras-path-from-tuscaloosa-to-knoxville

Tyren Jones (#11 RB overall and #1RB from state of GA; #8 overall player from GA)
Tyren Jones suspended: Alabama reserve running back Tyren Jones has been "suspended for now," Saban announced on Tuesday.

Saban didn't provide any details on the length of Jones suspension or his offense. Jones wasn't present for Alabama's practice on Tuesday.

"If Tyren Jones does what he's supposed to, maybe he'll be back sometime soon," Saban said.

Jones, a redshirt freshman, has 22 carries for 123 yards and a touchdown this season. He missed a few weeks after having surgery to repair a torn ligament in his finger.