Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All Star

Started by str8volfan, May 20, 2017, 06:28:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

str8volfan

is this forum still open?

After the Open, looks to me like there are gonna be alot of torn up cars tonight. Happy with the first 2 stage winners, but Jones screwed Elliott out of the win. Jones will never make it in Cup. Not much of a Suarez fan either, I just dont like the drivers who had their seats bought instead of coming up through the ranks i.e The Dillons and such.

I have settled on me a driver for the first time in several years. Have become a Blaney and Larson fan, also pull for Bowyer.

Im picking Truex to win the deal tonight.

ImHogginIt

I think it will be Harvick or Johnson

str8volfan

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 20, 2017, 06:41:03 pm
I think it will be Harvick or Johnson
Im just going by how Truex dominated the 600 last year. What they have done with that team is unbelievable. They have become on of the dominant teams in NASCAR. I remember when Regan Smith drove that car, they were a start and park team. Theyve come a long way.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: str8volfan on May 20, 2017, 06:28:35 pm
is this forum still open?

After the Open, looks to me like there are gonna be alot of torn up cars tonight. Happy with the first 2 stage winners, but Jones screwed Elliott out of the win. Jones will never make it in Cup. Not much of a Suarez fan either, I just dont like the drivers who had their seats bought instead of coming up through the ranks i.e The Dillons and such.

I have settled on me a driver for the first time in several years. Have become a Blaney and Larson fan, also pull for Bowyer.

Im picking Truex to win the deal tonight.

I can't stand the Dillon boys. Larson is starting to grow on me as a favorite.

str8volfan

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 20, 2017, 06:45:33 pm
I can't stand the Dillon boys. Larson is starting to grow on me as a favorite.
I know this is gonna sound stupid, but everytime I see that little bastard wearing a cowboy hat, it pisses me off. And he looks stupid. I wonder if that little blonde thats always hanging on his arm would be with him if he worked at WalMart.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: str8volfan on May 20, 2017, 06:53:50 pm
I know this is gonna sound stupid, but everytime I see that little bastard wearing a cowboy hat, it pisses me off. And he looks stupid. I wonder if that little blonde thats always hanging on his arm would be with him if he worked at WalMart.

Nope. She's obviously a gold digger

str8volfan

Its getting harder and harder to watch a race during the first half of the season. DW just blurts darn out in an attempt to be funny. Gordon makes him look like a fool most of the time when he talks. Maybe he will retire soon.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: str8volfan on May 20, 2017, 08:37:44 pm
Its getting harder and harder to watch a race during the first half of the season. DW just blurts darn out in an attempt to be funny. Gordon makes him look like a fool most of the time when he talks. Maybe he will retire soon.

Yeah it would be awesome to have Gordon and Larry Mac in the booth

str8volfan

that was about as an uneventful All Star race as I can remember. Seemed like it didnt last but about 30 minutes. Maybe when DW retires, he can take France with him. I can remember in the mid 90's, we would have a big get together and boil crawfish every year for the All Star race. It was a big deal then. Now its just a circus with a few laps of racing thrown in. Man, if we could just go back to the mid 90s again. That was racing...

ImHogginIt

Quote from: str8volfan on May 20, 2017, 08:49:30 pm
that was about as an uneventful All Star race as I can remember. Seemed like it didnt last but about 30 minutes. Maybe when DW retires, he can take France with him. I can remember in the mid 90's, we would have a big get together and boil crawfish every year for the All Star race. It was a big deal then. Now its just a circus with a few laps of racing thrown in. Man, if we could just go back to the mid 90s again. That was racing...

I honestly believe the racing is still really good. I think we have just gotten burned out with so many races and way too many mile and a half tracks

Buff

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 20, 2017, 09:02:17 pm
I honestly believe the racing is still really good. I think we have just gotten burned out with so many races and way too many mile and a half tracks

The drivers, mostly, are still good.  Their personalities on the other hand are as cookie-cutter-ish as the track selections.  Let's face it, they're there primarily to push a product and be pretty boys that sell sponsorships.  Racing to win is just secondary. 

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on May 21, 2017, 12:27:52 pm
The drivers, mostly, are still good.  Their personalities on the other hand are as cookie-cutter-ish as the track selections.  Let's face it, they're there primarily to push a product and be pretty boys that sell sponsorships.  Racing to win is just secondary.

You think these guys are pretty boys ? Well... you ain't gay I'll give ya that  ;D  Only one that is a pretty boy is Johnson and he's about the best there is. I agree about the lame personalities. We need more Bowyer's out there.

hawginbigd1

The new package doesn't work well at all at Charlotte. That was horribly boring, Johnson got screwed by the 2 having to stay out. The 2 wasn't  going to win I wish he would have just come in and got his cool tires, because he screwed Larson also. Larson was the best all night, he and his crew cost him, he had a very poor entry to his box and then his crew wasn't clean, may have been partly because of his entry.

Buff

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 21, 2017, 01:05:18 pm
You think these guys are pretty boys ? Well... you ain't gay I'll give ya that  ;D  Only one that is a pretty boy is Johnson and he's about the best there is. I agree about the lame personalities. We need more Bowyer's out there.

Please, half of them fart glitter