Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Redbird Rundown IX

Started by clutch, April 05, 2015, 01:50:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

WPS

jrulz83

Quote from: bulldog04 on April 28, 2015, 05:46:39 pm
And then I followed that up with what Mulder had said and you dismissed it because he's not a Dr.  Look your star pitcher his injured and he will more than likely never be the same.  Players have injuries and never return to the same from prior to the injury.  It's the way it is.

Is Mulder specifically acquainted with Wainwright's situation? Or is he only specifically acquainted with his own? That's why I dismiss his opinion. There are variables for every person's recovery that can't be known except by people that have medical training and have directly examined an injury.

Also I haven't found where Mulder said that he would never be the same or that Wainwright's recovery would be more difficult, I heard him say the recovery was difficult and describe the intricacies of the process, but I have yet to see him specifically state one thing that you have claimed he has said. So if you can share a source on that other than I heard him say it I'd appreciate it because I would like to hear and judge his words for myself.

By the way, today the Cardinals expressed optimism because it is his landing leg and not his drive leg, but they're flat out lying about the process, I know. They'll probably just have to put Wainwright down like a horse that broke his leg.

I'm as realistic as anybody about the situation, but you speak with a certainty that simply isn't there right now. Is it possible that he's never the same? Sure, he may never even pitch again. I could win the lottery tomorrow and get struck by lightning as I'm walking out of the store that I bought the ticket in too. Anything is possible.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

popcornhog

First pitch tonight is 7:15.

Wacha v Gonzalez

Tonight's game will mark the first time this season that Carpenter hasn't been the lead-off guy (to the best of my memory).

I will watch the game and try to provide periodic updates. I'll be with a few friends though so won't be able to do anything even close to PBP. Maybe an update every inning or after every score.

Go Cards!
WPS

pigture perfect

Thanks Popcorn for any updates. What station do you get them on?.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

bulldog04

Quote from: jrulz83 on April 28, 2015, 06:24:27 pm
Is Mulder specifically acquainted with Wainwright's situation? Or is he only specifically acquainted with his own? That's why I dismiss his opinion. There are variables for every person's recovery that can't be known except by people that have medical training and have directly examined an injury.

Also I haven't found where Mulder said that he would never be the same or that Wainwright's recovery would be more difficult, I heard him say the recovery was difficult and describe the intricacies of the process, but I have yet to see him specifically state one thing that you have claimed he has said. So if you can share a source on that other than I heard him say it I'd appreciate it because I would like to hear and judge his words for myself.

By the way, today the Cardinals expressed optimism because it is his landing leg and not his drive leg, but they're flat out lying about the process, I know. They'll probably just have to put Wainwright down like a horse that broke his leg.

I'm as realistic as anybody about the situation, but you speak with a certainty that simply isn't there right now. Is it possible that he's never the same? Sure, he may never even pitch again. I could win the lottery tomorrow and get struck by lightning as I'm walking out of the store that I bought the ticket in too. Anything is possible.
I heard him say it during the broadcast of the Braves game so there is no link. I'm glad you are finally coming to the realization that he probably won't be the same.  I hope he does come back I really do.  It's just hard to be optimistic when history tells a different story.  The medical profession hasn't made the advances on Achilles injuries like they have with torn acls and tommy john.  I expect that to change though since that is a common injury that can derail a career.

popcornhog

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 28, 2015, 06:44:42 pm
Thanks Popcorn for any updates. What station do you get them on?.

I've got the full mlb at bat ap. I know that a lot of people don't have it, that's why I'm going to try to do a better job on updates for non nationally televised games.

I pay $250/year and get all 162 games on any device. I stream the games through Apple TV in HD.
WPS

jrulz83

Quote from: bulldog04 on April 28, 2015, 06:52:19 pm
I heard him say it during the broadcast of the Braves game so there is no link. I'm glad you are finally coming to the realization that he probably won't be the same.  I hope he does come back I really do.  It's just hard to be optimistic when history tells a different story.  The medical profession hasn't made the advances on Achilles injuries like they have with torn acls and tommy john.  I expect that to change though since that is a common injury that can derail a career.

Funny, here is what Mulder said on twitter:

https://twitter.com/markmulder20/status/592463043277131778

and here is an ESPN interview as well:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12769418

Seems like he isn't putting that out anymore.....

popcornhog

Sorry I've not gotten chances to update after saying that I would!

Headed to bottom of 6th. Cards up 9-4.

Wacha left in the 6th after having trouble locating pitches and serving up like four walks over the past couple of innings.

Carp's had his 14th straight multi hit game at Busch.

Wacha got his first hit and has two RBI tonight.
WPS

popcornhog

11-5 top 9th.

Top of the order started it out for Phillies. 2 up/2down for Villanueva.
WPS

popcornhog

40,190 in attendance on a week night ain't bad.
WPS

popcornhog

Ball game. 11-5.

Wacha gets the win despite giving up 4 runs. He also had 4 walks and 4 K's in I believe 6 innings (maybe 6 1/3).

Mitch Harris had another nice night as well.
WPS

clutch

15 hits and 11 runs. I think that new lineup worked out pretty well tonight.

jrulz83

Quote from: clutch on April 28, 2015, 11:38:31 pm
15 hits and 11 runs. I think that new lineup worked out pretty well tonight.

Early returns look good.

jbell96

Glad to see the offense pick up Wacha on a night when he didn't have his best stuff.

Matt Carpenter made major league history last night, becoming the 1st player in MLB history to have 14 multi hit games in the 1st 19 games of the season. Congrats to him.

popcornhog

The Phillies may reportedly be interested in Martinez for Hamels (and who knows what else).

No link -- Post-Dispatch subscription article is the source.
WPS

popcornhog

How about we just trade Heyward for Shelby Miller?

Haha
WPS

jrulz83

Quote from: popcornhog on April 29, 2015, 11:27:41 am
How about we just trade Heyward for Shelby Miller?

Haha

Well, the Braves would have to throw a couple pieces in; probably Simmons and Freeman.

In all honesty I'm against a trade at this time, I think the cost of doing business is way too high right now. There are four internal options that could potentially cover the spot, I say let it ride at least until the All Star Break so we can see what the internals can give.

Just about every trade talk is going to start with Martinez and I find trading him unpalatable at this time.

pigture perfect

I am with you on that JR83.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Horsesrus

Quote from: popcornhog on April 28, 2015, 10:14:45 pm
40,190 in attendance on a week night ain't bad.

I can assure you that was tickets sold and not attendance.  Weak market for ticket demand on weekday games in April.

jbell96

Quote from: popcornhog on April 29, 2015, 11:07:49 am
The Phillies may reportedly be interested in Martinez for Hamels (and who knows what else).

No link -- Post-Dispatch subscription article is the source.

I doubt we do that deal, but there is no doubt Philly is interested.

jrulz83

Bourjos batting leadoff tonight.

Sure sign of the apocalypse.

Hug your loved ones.

popcornhog

Quote from: jrulz83 on April 29, 2015, 03:39:08 pm
Bourjos batting leadoff tonight.

Sure sign of the apocalypse.

Hug your loved ones.

He's .466 career against Herang.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: Horsesrus on April 29, 2015, 01:53:42 pm
I can assure you that was tickets sold and not attendance.  Weak market for ticket demand on weekday games in April.

Not sure, I wasn't there. It looked pretty full early and half empty by the 8th inning.

But, yeah.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: jrulz83 on April 29, 2015, 11:56:00 am
Well, the Braves would have to throw a couple pieces in; probably Simmons and Freeman.

In all honesty I'm against a trade at this time, I think the cost of doing business is way too high right now. There are four internal options that could potentially cover the spot, I say let it ride at least until the All Star Break so we can see what the internals can give.

Just about every trade talk is going to start with Martinez and I find trading him unpalatable at this time.

I agree.
WPS

jrulz83

Quote from: popcornhog on April 29, 2015, 04:11:24 pm

Yep, and Jay is pretty poor against Harang if memory serves. He probably needs a day off anyway.

Matheny said something about needing to "keep guys sharp" and I wondered if Bourjos would get a look today. 

If that guy could ever have a decent OBP he would be my ideal leadoff hitter.

popcornhog

Peralta's one out base hot puts runners at the corners after Adams double in the bottom 2nd.

0-0
WPS

popcornhog

Yadi pops out.

Adams on 3rd and Peralta on 1st with 2 outs for Wong.
WPS

popcornhog

Harang opts not to walk Wong.

A base hit to center field advances Peralta to 3rd and scores Adams.

Car Mart up with a 1-0 lead.
WPS

popcornhog

Sorry, Peralta at 2nd.

1-2 to Martinez.
WPS

popcornhog

Martinez strikes out looking.

Cards take a 1-0 lead into the 3rd.

Galvis, Harang, and Revere to lead off the 3rd.
WPS

popcornhog

Through the end of 2, the Cardinals have scored 1 run on 3 hits.

The Phillies have scored no runs on one hit.
WPS

popcornhog

Gal is grounds out to Wong to start the 3rd.
WPS

popcornhog

Harang with a one out base hit to right field.
WPS

popcornhog

Harang out at 2nd on a hard hit ground ball to Martinez.
WPS

popcornhog

Peralta with an ugly toss to Wong at 2nd on a ground ball from Herarra. Runners safe at 1st and 2nd.
WPS

popcornhog

Fly out to end the inning.

Top of the order for the Cards up in the bottom of the 3rd.
WPS

popcornhog

WPS

popcornhog

WPS

pigture perfect

I thought the game was on ESPN. The ticker on the menu says so. Only crap showing now.

popcornhog

Caroenter strikes out swinging.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 29, 2015, 07:53:51 pm
I thought the game was on ESPN. The ticker on the menu says so. Only crap showing now.

I'm watching on ESPN.
WPS

popcornhog

Holiday flies out to end the inning.
WPS

jrulz83

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 29, 2015, 07:53:51 pm

Same problem here, watching on WatchESPN via PC.

HogCard

Same here in NWA.  For some reason I think we are blacked out in Arkansas.

jrulz83

Quote from: HogCard on April 29, 2015, 08:19:26 pm
Same here in NWA.  For some reason I think we are blacked out in Arkansas.

Yep, ESPN hates Arkansas.

The Boar War

Quote from: popcornhog on April 29, 2015, 04:11:24 pm

That triple was a thing of beauty.

clutch

Would be another series win if it were a 3 game series instead of 4.

jrulz83

That was a fun game, good to see Adams and Bourjos have good nights, Carlos Martinez continues to be impressive, and even though I thought I would hate it, I really did enjoy the 5 man team coverage from ESPN.