Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Derek Munson

Started by GrizzlyRider07, January 29, 2018, 08:59:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GrizzlyRider07

Is he transferring from Arkansas!? I seen on his Twitter where everything Arkansas isn't on there anymore. He was a promising young safety I was looking forward to see on the field
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

King Kong

GrizzlyRider07

You are exactly right. I am following two Derek Munson on Twitter for some reason 
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

redleg

Will he play safety, or is he going to move to WLB? He may be the next Dre Greenlaw/Martrell Spaight.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

USChog

Quote from: King Kong on January 29, 2018, 09:03:16 pm
https://mobile.twitter.com/dmunson90?lang=en

? Maybe because you spelled his name wrong?

Ishmael: Whatcha doin', Mr. Munson?

Roy: Flossin'.

Ishmael: Flossin? Where'd I get "Munson" from?

Roy: The *name* is Munson, what I'm doin' is flossin'. This is called floss, cleans your teeth, you oughta try it sometime!

kp72204

Quote from: USChog on January 31, 2018, 02:05:46 pm
Ishmael: Whatcha doin', Mr. Munson?

Roy: Flossin'.

Ishmael: Flossin? Where'd I get "Munson" from?

Roy: The *name* is Munson, what I'm doin' is flossin'. This is called floss, cleans your teeth, you oughta try it sometime!
Claudia: I hope he doesn't get Munsoned out in the middle of nowhere.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Arthur pigby sellers.

To get Munsoned=

To be up a creek without a paddle

To have the world in the palm of your hand and blow it

It's a figure of speech

OneTuskOverTheLine™

All i know is the kid is sucka free...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

bennyl08

Quote from: redleg on January 31, 2018, 01:34:05 pm
Will he play safety, or is he going to move to WLB? He may be the next Dre Greenlaw/Martrell Spaight.

He is a classic example of a tweener. Good size for a safety, but is too slow to be a safety. Good speed for a LB but is too small to be a LB.

Size you can modify to a good degree while speed you can only make very small changes to. So, him being a pure S is either out of the question, or we are going to continue to suffer at stopping big plays due to lack of speed at the position.

This leaves either him playing the hybrid lb/s position or becoming a full time LB. This will depend on how athletic he is. Can he be just as fast or at least negligibly slower at a LB weight of 220 or so pounds? If he, he could become a full time LB. If he dramatically slows with added weight, then we need to keep him at that 205 or so weight and have in that hybrid role.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

The_Iceman

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 01, 2018, 04:49:55 pm
He is a classic example of a tweener. Good size for a safety, but is too slow to be a safety. Good speed for a LB but is too small to be a LB.

Size you can modify to a good degree while speed you can only make very small changes to. So, him being a pure S is either out of the question, or we are going to continue to suffer at stopping big plays due to lack of speed at the position.

This leaves either him playing the hybrid lb/s position or becoming a full time LB. This will depend on how athletic he is. Can he be just as fast or at least negligibly slower at a LB weight of 220 or so pounds? If he, he could become a full time LB. If he dramatically slows with added weight, then we need to keep him at that 205 or so weight and have in that hybrid role.

Greenlaw was the same way when he got to campus.

bennyl08

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 01, 2018, 04:56:42 pm
Greenlaw was the same way when he got to campus.

Greenlaw was listed as many in the 205 range coming out of HS, but some showed him at 220 range around signing day as well. His true freshmen fall roster weight was 222. Munson's was 203.

I'd also throw in the trio of Hackett, Eugene, and Ramsey into the mix. All three were safeties in HS and moved to LB in college. Hacket put on nearly 30 pounds b/w his senior year and coming here as a true freshmen, but struggled with the new weight. He tried dropping down to 215 again for one season but didn't see much playing time still.

Eugene either played S in the 220's in HS or was widely known to have bulked up to 222 by the time he signed, but was consistently reported as such. Then, by fall of his true freshmen, added another 10 pounds to be in the mid 230's. It took him two years to really get used to playing at a LB level weight, but his last two years featured some very good LB play. The last half of 2016 he played better than Greenlaw had when healthy.

Ramsey added 10 pounds from HS where he played DE at 210 before being a 220 LB here, flunked out, then came back in the 230's. He's been okay but not amazing but still has time to become a finished product.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse