Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official Postgame Gripe Thread

Started by V B Porkers, March 17, 2006, 01:43:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WxHog

Quote from: WindyCityHog on March 17, 2006, 01:50:02 pm
Bucknell had a game plan and kept the tempo to their favor, ALL game.  Throw in otherworldly 3-PT shooting and the Hogs inability to hit free throws when it mattered, and we see the outcome.

The Hogs need shooters.  Period.

Well said.  That sumed it up.   Our weaknesses fell to their strengths.   

Kevin

dali get of your fat arse, ***. 

you don't know squat about basketball.  you like our stand around ofense. yeah Bucknell have great shooters but alot of their three's were uncontested why, because they have motion in the offense. 

our game plan was taylor maid for them. we made it an execution game, we cannot win that kind of game. 

our gameplan shot us in the foot.  but you wouldn't know that because you don't know squat.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: ki285 on March 17, 2006, 01:49:05 pm
with the exception of one or two people, we have nothing but a bunch of streetballers.  we cant shoot 3s, we cant shoot free throws, we cant shoot mid range jumpers, and we cant run half court offense.  if three pointers arent falling, arkansas isnt a very good basketabll team.  we need to find some damn shooters for next year, or its gonna be the same story.  arkansas for sure got aout coached, but they got beat because the cant do the fundamental things, and they played a team that could.  does anyone else wanna know why jefferson was in the game so much?

Name the streetballers please???  Or are you so angry your venting at everything Arkansas..
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Boss Hogg

What a great time for that to happen!!

King

There's not much you can do when the other team is shooting 70% from 3-pt land.  We haven't been tough on perimeter defense all year.

WindyCityHog

I am having a big slice of that pie now...

....but check yourself.  Nice to kick us when we're all down :o

batmanfan

Have the home court advantage, have the better team...and what do you do?  You Choke.

This is disgusting....there players are just smarter and have more heart than the Razorbacks.  This team is worthless after that performance.

Nice career Dookie and E-Stupid, hope you like that legacy.

BAT

Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

Cornhogio

Why didn't McCurdy play in the second half?  We needed his penetration skills badly. 

I think Stan pissed away all the good will he had garnered.  If they play lights out and beat us, fine; they didn't.  A Nolan Richardson team would have demolished these guys. 
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

Donald Miller

Quote from: ki285 on March 17, 2006, 01:49:05 pm
but they got beat because the cant do the fundamental things, and they played a team that could. 

Nail and Head.

MCPeePants

Quote from: nobballconcept on March 17, 2006, 01:52:30 pm
HE SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Yes, I know, but does he suck as bad as Vincent Hunter and/or Dontell Jefferson? They both played the majority of the 2nd half.

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: SultanofSwine on March 17, 2006, 01:51:10 pm
Coaches allow the team to play for 36 minutes directly into the other teams strength. This game was lost before the tip off because we had no plan to take them out of thier compfort zone.

What exactly would you have done differently?  We were guarding them close, they were just hitting. That is not a coaching problem, that is a statistical anomolie that just plain happens.

campbell

You're right, Modica passed off on many shots today. So inconsistent all year, even thru the winning streak. Couldn't smash a team when possible and had to come back from huge deficits all year. It is not a coincidence that the last 7 games we've played the other team has shot lights out from behind the 3. It is not luck, it's called no perimeter defense.

Boss Hogg

Vegas lost a lot of money on this game

Kevin

i think hunter was playing harder
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

razorbackfan4life

Making up excuses for the coach again, what a loser.  He was talking about how each new coach the Razorbacks had lost in the first round of the tournament as well.  Well ya know what buddy, they did it with worse players than this.  These players played bad because a lack of coaching IMO.  They weren't mentally tough or prepared.  They looked absolutely flat!  Who does that fall on?

Pig Pumper

King

What I don't get is why we rushed a shot when we were down 2 with 30 seconds to go.  Why didn't we just play for the last shot?

LA HAWG

Leaving that guy wide open?   >:( >:( >:(

pheine78

I applaude thee ten times over.  It is unfortunate we lost, but we lost against a really good team.  It was unfortunate that our free throw shooting was so poor though.  Hopefully those guys hit the gym this summer and practice a bit.  Under 60% is uncalled for.
Nolan for defensive coordinator!

Donald Miller

Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on March 17, 2006, 01:53:31 pm
Quote from: SultanofSwine on March 17, 2006, 01:51:10 pm
Coaches allow the team to play for 36 minutes directly into the other teams strength. This game was lost before the tip off because we had no plan to take them out of thier compfort zone.

What exactly would you have done differently?  We were guarding them close, they were just hitting. That is not a coaching problem, that is a statistical anomolie that just plain happens.

Teach them to shoot freethrows?

Hoggy Potter

Hate to kick a man when he is down but the evidence points to losses when he plays.  I wish him well but glad he no longer will be wearing the cardnial and white of Arkansas.
Just Play to Win Baby!!!

oldbooniehog

Scoring only 23 points in a half didn't help much either.

But then again, it's hard to find your shooting touch with both hands tightly wrapped around your own throat.

oldbooniehog

songofthesword

but I like to win as well.. we had a coach like that and he ran himself off.

wouldn't mind having mike anderson back

Pig Pumper

Quote from: WindyCityHog on March 17, 2006, 01:50:02 pm
Bucknell had a game plan and kept the tempo to their favor, ALL game.  Throw in otherworldly 3-PT shooting and the Hogs inability to hit free throws when it mattered, and we see the outcome.

The Hogs need shooters.  Period.

Their 3 point shooting is nothing extraordinary when you look at the fact that we are one of the worst 40 teams in the country in defending the three.

hoggin das

What's up with only 2 pts from Thomas?

FLKeysGuy

The only question I have is why didn't we press the whole game?  Everyone said we are more "athletic" and have a deeper bench.  Why didn't we exploit that advantage?  It's harder to make 3 pointers with tired legs.

hoggystyle78

I agree our perimeter defense is just terrible! At least our free throw shooting was great! (sarcasm)

geoffhog

I thought we could have used his offense, but he wasn't rebounding for crap.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

SultanofSwine

Dali we did not gaurd them close. They go  7 deep and we don't press until the end of the game and then its out of desperation. We didn't not gaurd them close at all. They got open shots just like Kevin said because they actually have been coached to run an effective motion offense.

chiefsfan

those guys just played well enough to win, and we didnt show up for the first 30 minutes of the game which helped

Ferguson had a wide open look to win the game from 3, it rimmed out, They hit their wide open looks.  Just bad luck, and god awful officiating at the end.

Hunter probably should have called TO after he got Brewer's miss.  But he wanted to draw a foul, which wasnt called.

FWIW, the 9 seed has a winning record against the 8 seed, this aint unusual by any stretch of the imagination...

But to blame this loss on Heath is completley ignorant and stupid.  some of youou would have blamed heath had we lost by 1 point to Duke on a last second shot.  If you want to place blame, figure out whose man that was that got the easy layup with 1 minute left...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on March 17, 2006, 01:54:05 pm
  Making up excuses for the coach again, what a loser.  He was talking about how each new coach the Razorbacks had lost in the first round of the tournament as well.  Well ya know what buddy, they did it with worse players than this.  These players played bad because a lack of coaching IMO.  They weren't mentally tough or prepared.  They looked absolutely flat!  Who does that fall on?

Rick is a Grade A d.ouche.  He is the mouthpiece for mediocrity.

That last 20 seconds was f*ckin' chaotic.  Being a Razorback fan sucks @ss.

havvgball

Bigmac

You ask why did Townes not play the second half

1) He looks for a shot every time he touched the ball
2) He took a shot every time he touched the ball
3) He missed his shot every time he touched the ball - I think
4) He never looked to throw the ball back out
5) The 2 out three shots he took were fade away jumpers instead of going in strong where you can possibly get your own rebound.
6) Defensively his effort was weak - not in good position for defensive rebounds.

Any other questions. Townes still has a lot to learn.

Kevin

thanks sultan, someone who actually knows something

secthumper

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 17, 2006, 01:50:05 pm
Quote from: secthumper on March 17, 2006, 01:48:27 pm
....OUTCOACHED, OUTPLAYED, and OUTSMARTED!!

....This bunch just let the whole damn state of Arkansas down!!

....THANK GOD for Van Horn, Gus, and Spring football!!

Bucknell shoots 85% from 3 point range and the Seniors play their heart out and this is how you support them...so you honestly believe the team isn't hurting right now ???

....Sugarcoat it any damn way you want, the fact of the matter is, Arkansas didn't get the job done!! And another thing, I hope to hell Heath has their asses in the weight room tomorrow morning!!

NEVER question my loyalty to the Hogs because you don't know me!!
"It is only through adversity that we can test the strength of our soul."<br /><br />"What we've got here is failure to communicate." Strother Martin  Cool Hand Luke<br /><br />Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic of men.  General George S. Patton, Jr.<br /><br />'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."  Tuco  The Good the Bad and the Ugly<br /><br />"There ain't much of a future in dyin' boy!!"  Outlaw Josey Wales  3rd Place 2005-2006  Hogville Basketball Pickem Champion

pheine78

March 17, 2006, 01:58:26 pm #85 Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 03:06:19 am by pheine78
Modica WAS nervous.  Did you see those guys crying at the end.  Did they care? 

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: King on March 17, 2006, 01:54:12 pm
What I don't get is why we rushed a shot when we were down 2 with 30 seconds to go.  Why didn't we just play for the last shot?

How many of these players have NCAA tourney exsperience = O
How many seniors are use to taking the Big shot = O
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

codeHog

why press if you have Jefferson back to let them make layups

SultanofSwine

chief, did you watch the game??? Did you happen to notice the difference between when we had the ball vs. when they had the ball??? Freakin Stevie Wonder could see which team was coached, they didn't have HOGS on the jersey's.

Ish O

Good for you man. Thanks for letting everyone know.

ki285

modica isnt even a very good outside shooter, but he is probably the best one that we had, so thats pretty sad.  the only shooter that we have is mcurdy, and he soestnt shoot the ball when he gets in any more, so i guess we dont have any outside shooters.  wasnt that pretty obvious?

hawaiianhogster

Hats off tous Hogs. We finally made it. We're back in the saddle again. We opened up the door for years to come.

The boys played hard as you all saw or heard. They could've just quit after all those three's were made and missing their free throws. It amazes me how they can play back into a game when everyone else just about gives up on them. They did themselves proud. I'm proud to be a RAZORBACK too.

GO HOGS GO! 8)

havvgball

My goodness people how many times will be be out coached & outplayed before we make a change.......... Bucknell has half the talent/ability we have........... We have a PG eric ferguson who puts up more shot attempts then assists!

its freaking sad!!!!!!!!!

razorbackfan4life

IT just blows my mind how a major basketball program can miss 9 free throws in a row it seemed!  Bucknell is a tiny college, and like he said they outcoached and outplayed us.  They made all the right moves, and we didnt.

mword

Quote from: V B Porkers on March 17, 2006, 01:43:48 pm
Nothing more needs to be said

I hate to say it, but you are right.

rjmass

I saw Bucknell hit 3 - 3's with less than 3 seconds that were prayers that were just thrown at the basket.  If you have ever played any, you know somedays you can throw up anything and they will go in, some days you can't hit a wall 2 feet in front of it. 

I am disappointed but I am proud of this team, they didn't fold they sucked it up and they brought the State a little excitement about March Madness again.

Call it hugging, I can honestly say, I had Hog Fever, it has been a good week, Most everyone on this board was excited. 

We got beat, its over, lets not forget these guys did get us excited,

Why would Brewer want to come back if this is what he is rewarded with for helping get the team back to the dance. 

Grandpa told me the only two things I  could control in life were my tongue and my word.   To always honor what you say and say what you honor.
He was a wise man.

pheine78

arkiehawg

The team played their butts off and had a chance.  Get over it......I wouldn't even call this an upset.  Bucknell was a SEASONED Senior laden team that played well.

Yes we need a PG and some outside shooting.....but you know what...it appears to be coming next year.  Hill played huge today and I still say that he will be remember as a significant defensive threat before he is done.....Hopefully, Ronnie will be back and next year we will be much better.....

Good season Hogs and thanks to you fergie and pookie.....you should be proud of your efforts this year...

Go Hogs.... :razorback:

Oklahawg

Stewie, I think what people see is this:

1. the scheme to stop the spate of 3-pointers was never altered. Seemingly.
2. the scheme to get the ball into our playmakers--Modica and Brewer--never seemed to materialize.
3. free throw shooting is something that improves if its a coached priority. Remember the crap Richardson took when his last few teams were so weak at the line? He was not a bulldog about it at the end like he once was.

Fans have a reason to be pissed but not at the players, who played well.

To the players' credit--they came together at some point in response to, or in spite of, the coaches. They could have given up after a few of those wild-ass 3-pointers went in.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Boss Hogg

I'm sure Stan would have the same record...if we were in the PATRIOT LEAGUE!