Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs, Cats, Tide against RPI top 50

Started by Franchise_Hog, February 25, 2006, 11:33:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HolyRoller

UncleUgly...i really don't care if KU makes the dance or not (although they don't come classier than Tubby...I know him from my AAU days)...I do think that the SEC is really underrated because of KU's problems this year...we WILL surprise some folks at the NCAA...(we beat Kansas, LSU scared Uconn, UT killed Texas at Austin) Prevailing thought is that the league is own...but I'm not so sure.
It seems that we hear some of that every year...if it's true every year we should pitiful by now...just not the case...

hogstench

Thanks for the link... that was so painful to lose to the mildcats.Those who laugh last are probabably peaking at the right time.GO HOGS!!!

catfanNar

First of all I would like to say congrats on the win yesterday. Nice to see the vols go down. You guys needed to get back to the NCAA tourney and that wrapped it up! But KU is Kansas, UK is kentucky, sorry it just doesnt look right when kentucky is referred to as that!!!

catfanNar

Tubby is not going anywhere. The worst they can finish in the regular season is 8-8, down for kentucky standards but they will be back. Glad to see you guys enjoying the cats season. Enjoy it while you can these years dont happen too often!

hogfan064

Hogs are 5-6 against RPI top 50
Kentucky is 2-8 against top 50
Bama is 4-5 against top 50

Hogs new RPI is 45 BTW

PorcineSublime

Welcome catfan. Stay classy and come back when you feel like it. Fans who come and congratulate after our team wins are welcome. Ones who come and talk s@@t feel the hate quickly. Our civility is only skin deep. ;) Good luck in the tournament and NCAA's (as long your aren't playing us).
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

hogstorm

i know its mean... but did anyone else smile at the picture on that thread of the little dookie kid crying?

SpasticColon

Don't know how many SEC teams they will let in, but if only 5, there will be a big battle between Bama, Ark and KY.  Maybe Ky will fold and the 2 UofA's will get in.  That would be sweet.
Anyway, congrats on how the team is playing.  Peaking at the right time of the year.

catfanNar

I remember watching that game last year with my wife and when they showed that kid crying I was laughing my butt off and she said that is mean!! HAHA too funny!

TorsinAHog

To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

hogtheball

Quote from: Franchise_Hog on February 25, 2006, 05:05:28 pm
Part 1 of 3 is now complete......go over to the Kentucky boards....it's quite funny.

They think so much of Rondo, it makes me sick.  He's like, maybe, the 5th best point guard in the SEC.

I thought Sparks was UK's point guard.  And he might be the best in the SEC.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

NuttsSacked

Thanks for the kind words.  Having said that...GO GATORS!!! 

No offense, but we need the Tide to drop a couple down the stretch.  A first round SEC Tourney "bye" would be sweet.

BigHog396

Quote from: aldiamond on February 26, 2006, 10:12:56 am
No way KY gets in a head of bama, IMO.
KY has a better record, and much more tradition.  Sorry, but that is a no-brainer for the selection committee.

HoopS

Not if Kentucky loses out which is a real possibility. Bama needs to finish strong. I still say it is not S. E. C. Teams you are competing with but teams of similar resumes and similar rpi.

catfanNar

rondo is more of a true point guard than sparks. I dont know why it would make someone sick that kentucky fans love their players so much? With the up and down season rondo has had if he left today he would be a lottery pick. Colleghoops.net has rondo #10 right after the one you all love so much ronnie brewer at #9 if they both left early!

SpasticColon

Quote from: BigHog396 on February 26, 2006, 10:17:15 am
Quote from: aldiamond on February 26, 2006, 10:12:56 am
No way KY gets in a head of bama, IMO.
KY has a better record, and much more tradition.  Sorry, but that is a no-brainer for the selection committee.
I think this game is very important.  If we beat Florida, we will have defeated all the top SEC teams.  We beat Ky at home and our strength of schedule is very, very high.  Plus, I dont see Ky winning the next 3 games.  Bama has Florida and Auburn at home and MSU on the road.

Lokirain

Kentucky could very well play their way out of the tourney. They have Tenn and Florida. They just got beat by LSU. Alabama is no lock either. They have a great RPI, but their win/situation gets iffy if they lose out. We have to win one more IMO. Two more wins helps a lot and gets us seeded a little better.

stronguard

I have a lot of family in Kentucky.  Every year that they beat us they send me a stupid UK can koozie with some remark sharpied on the bottom.  This year it was "wildcats love to eat pork, especially when it's slow cooked".   I hope they lose and stay home during March and April training their horses.  Maybe that way another Arkansas horse won't SPANK their precious Blueblood thoroughbreds.  GHG......LKL (Lose Kentucky Lose)
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

SpasticColon

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/5354540

for what his opinion is worth.  Probably about like mine....nothing

GO

Hmmmmmmmm, No sure sure about UK being a lock right now. They have a tuff schedule, but being tournament darlings like they are if there is any way possible the committee will put them in. Good to know people are talking about us though!! Go Hogs

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Bama controls their own destiny.  They get FL and Auburn at home, and MS St. away.  Win 2 of 3, or just 1 of 3 and some games in the SECT and you're in. 

KY on the other hand just lost to LSU, has to play at a pissed off Tennessee, and then gets Florida at home, where they have been far from solid this season.  KY could very easily be 18-12 (8-8) going in to the SECT.

Franchise_Hog

Quote from: hogtheball on February 26, 2006, 10:13:43 am
Part 1 of 3 is now complete......go over to the Kentucky boards....it's quite funny.

They think so much of Rondo, it makes me sick.  He's like, maybe, the 5th best point guard in the SEC.

Actually, Stockton has been starting for them, and than Rondo and Sparks split the rest of time...this is just the last several games.  We all know Rondo is the point, b/c he sure can't be the 2 with that shot.

I hope you're kidding with Sparks maybe being the best point guard in the SEC....have you paid any attention to Steele, Green, Mitchell, or Watson all year?

cmakrzrbak

Its a sad situation when Wichita State, Northern Iowa, Missouri State and Creighton are all "Locks" and Bama, with close losses, terrific SOS, and playing in the SEC, are even on the damn bubble.  Lost a few too many early ones before finding you're groove.  I do, however, think Bama and KY are in, along with the Hogs.  The Big 12 should only get 3 or 4 in.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

wupigsuey

It looks to me like we want UK to win out...wouldn't that mean our loss to them is not as bad??

UF and UT are both already in
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

catfanNar

the reason stockton is starting is tubby has shook up the lineup to get the real starters attention.

catfanNar

negative karma for what? I have been really nice!!

clemensrules01

dotnet

It doesn't have them as a lock.  It only has Florida, Tennessee, and LSU as locks.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

bigred7987

The media wants Ark to get in....I dont think they will take Bama over us if they are only choosing one

clemensrules01

silvertip

catfanNar

BlakeHOGfanatic

In my opinion  Bama and The Hawgs should get in over Kentucky because Kentucky is a terrible 1-7 against the RPI top 50.  But Kentucky does have tradition that is the only think they have going for them.

silvertip

Quote from: hogtheball on February 26, 2006, 10:13:43 am

He was the PG before Rondo took it over. Sparks now the DWBWALTH. Designated-White-Boy-We-All-Love-to-Hate.

WPS!! If Florida can put Bama in their place today, then Hawgs will be in a 3-way with Bama & KY for 4th in the SEC. And we all know how much fun those 3-ways are.

Bama & Hawgs wind up tied for 2nd in SEC-W at 10-6. Bama wins that tie-breaker for bye on Thurs at SECT.
KY goin' down to 9-7 or worse.

I think Hawgs RPI is about 45 now. We goin' dancin', baby.

silvertip

Quote from: catfanNar on February 26, 2006, 12:14:16 pm
negative 524? is that a record on here?

Don't know but I'm workin' on it. Gimme my SMITE, man---if you haven't already.

Boarcephus

Quote from: BlakeHOGfanatic on February 26, 2006, 12:16:41 pm
In my opinion  Bama and The Hawgs should get in over Kentucky because Kentucky is a terrible 1-7 against the RPI top 50.  But Kentucky does have tradition that is the only think they have going for them.

Let's add that 1-7 vs top 50 could easily go to 1-9 because they still have to go to UT and then have UF at home.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Oklahawg

Until the selection committee proves this theory wrong I don't see a ton of mid-majors making the tourney. RPI's and all the other stuff considered, the power conferences will once again get more than their fair share.

I think how you fare the last 10 games is far more important to power conference teams than is RPI.

What teams like Arkansas, Alabama and Kentucky have to watch is not the mid-majors, but the other major "power" conferences to see what similar teams are doing. I don't follow college hoops like I do college football or MLB, so this is not an expert opinion! But, I don't see the tourney committee having a huge shift in the practice of fleshing out the bracket.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

catfanNar

you are wrong silvertip, sparks and rondo starting playing at UK last year. Rondo started every game up until a few games ago. Sparks redshirted the year before last, so rondo replaced cliff hawkins who was a senior.

silvertip

Quote from: PorcineSublime on February 26, 2006, 09:56:02 am
Welcome catfan. Stay classy and come back when you feel like it. Fans who come and congratulate after our team wins are welcome. Ones who come and talk s@@t feel the hate quickly. Our civility is only skin deep. ;) Good luck in the tournament and NCAA's (as long your aren't playing us).

I SMITE thee, Porcine guy, for your skin-deep civility!! And speak for yourself---I got no civility at all. Couldn't have even spelt it if you hadn't done it first.  WPS!!!

Flatfoot

They were talkin on College Game Day last night on ESPN that Kentucky is in trouble and on the bubble.  I agree completely.  Tenn, Fla, LSU, Ark, and Bama are in as of right now.
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

silvertip

Quote from: catfanNar on February 26, 2006, 12:24:25 pm
you are wrong silvertip, sparks and rondo starting playing at UK last year. Rondo started every game up until a few games ago. Sparks redshirted the year before last, so rondo replaced cliff hawkins who was a senior.

Well, catfan, you haven't been here long enough to realize that I'm never wrong. Just extremely misunderstood & abused. NOW, you sir, have another SMITE coming when the time limit expires. heeheeheehooo,boy.

Adam Stokes

Yeah, I think Alabama will get in unless there Kentucky wins two of the next three.  Some of you say it can't happen, but last week I would've said that they have a better chance winning all three than we did.  Nonetheless I do hope you guys get in over Kentucky to help represent the west. 

Flatfoot

As much as I dislike Kentucky, they are the marquee name of SEC Basketball.  Tubby is a class act and I like his coaching style.  It would bring our conference down with the media if Kentucky is not in the NCAA Tourney. 
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

RedSatinHog

You guys need to be careful how many upstarts you go to cheering for in conference tourneys.  Every time an underdog wins a tournament in a conference which traditionally gets several at-large bids (take the ACC or the Big Ten for example), it can and often DOES cost someone else a bid, often inside and outside the conference.

Also, we don't need to look past MSU and Georgia at this point, either.  Both games are important.  If the Hogs win both games, they will not head into selection Sunday with double digits in the loss column.  That is a huge factor when determining at-large bids.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

PiggoBitttys

UNLESS we lose to both UGA and MSU, then all that is left to question is not whether we will be in the tourney, but what seed. We don't need to worry about upstarts winning conference tourneys, they won't cost us a spot, they will cost teams like UK, that are on the bubble, a spot. I would agree with you, if we were a bubble team, but we crossed over into the promised land with yesterday's big win.

On top of that, I am really hoping we stay hot and get a 6 or 7 seed, or just do enough to get in at a 10 or 11 seed. I do not want to be an 8 or 9.

larrylegend33

michigan state has wisconsin and illinois left and could lose them.  Kentucky has tenn and florida.  They might be bubble teams and if they lose those them they are out of the big dance.

Ugly Uncle

MSU is still ranked 16th in the Nation.  I know they just lost to IU, but I don't see them fallig that far off the charts. 

Have they been listed as a bubble team?  I wouldn't think a top 20 team would be on the bubble.
Retired Radio Host

Adam Stokes

Michigan State would probably still be ranked if they lost those two games, Kentucky on the other hand may not be so lucky.