Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dear Hogville Friends.......

Started by Clint Alan, December 05, 2008, 02:40:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Clint Alan

I started a new blog today.....some of you may agree/disagree......but thats what its for......

If you think I can improve some things, let me know....Im just not talking Hog football, but national as well.......

Thanks guys, and hope you enjoy it.......Going to try to update 3-4 times a week....

rmH

http://collegefootballblogwithnoname.blogspot.com/
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

kcabrozaR

The world needed another one, I guess
WE EAT SAWDUST WE CRAP LOGS WE AIN'T NOTHING BUT MEAN ASS HOGS
          Do not argue with an idiot, people watching may not notice the difference!

hogsndawgs

As for your analysis, I disagree that the ACC is better than the SEC simply because the ACC doesn not have a single team competing for a national title. The SEC has two, both of which blew out ACC teams that were competing for the ACC title.

That said, the ACC is pretty good and anyone who claims the SEC is the top conference this year is kidding themselves. The SEC is WAY down. Outside of UF and Bama, Ole Miss an UGA are the only decent teams and they both lost to ACC competition as you pointed out. Still, to claim that the ACC is better than the SEC is a stretch. The Ole Miss and UGA losses to GaTech and Wake were intense close games, the Bama win over Clemson and the Florida wins over Miami and FSU were blow outs.

Clint Alan

What two teams did the SEC beat of the ACC that were competing for the ACC title? Boston College? Virginia Tech? Nope

Florida did not blow out Miami.....that was probably Floridas toughest game this year, outside the Ole Miss debacle.....Miami held Florida to a season low in points.......

Sure the Wake and GT games were intense......GT went on the road, and won in Athens........GT had a first year head coach, runs a high school offense, and absolutely dominated the second half of that game....IN ATHENS
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

kcabrozaR

Quote from: rubmyHOG on December 05, 2008, 02:56:11 pm
What two teams did the SEC beat of the ACC that were competing for the ACC title? Boston College? Virginia Tech? Nope

Florida did not blow out Miami.....that was probably Floridas toughest game this year, outside the Ole Miss debacle.....Miami held Florida to a season low in points.......

Sure the Wake and GT games were intense......GT went on the road, and won in Athens........GT had a first year head coach, runs a high school offense, and absolutely dominated the second half of that game....IN ATHENS

So you are suggesting that Boston College or Virginia Tech or both would beat Alabama or Florida or both.

Clint Alan

They may....Who is to say that they wouldnt?

Seebs

Thanks for your posts - which prevented me from clicking your link.

Carry on. I have two extra minutes I didn't waste on your detailed thoughts about the ACC.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

hogsndawgs

Quote from: rubmyHOG on December 05, 2008, 02:56:11 pm

Miami and FSU were very much competing for the ACC title, hell almost the entire conference was. The ACC this year was a bunch of good teams, zero great teams.

kcabrozaR

razorback44

I like your thoughts but please proof read before you click to post.  Just my thoughts. 

I do completely agree with you on the Tebow thing.  While he is a great guy and role model his numbers are just not there this year.  I can't figure out why he would even be mentioned at all for the heisman.  He is having a good year for a QB but he would be getting stomped by all the other candidates if he had not done what he did last year. 
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

hawgsav1

Might want to learn the difference between 'dominate' and 'dominant'...
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Clint Alan

Quote from: hogsndawgs on December 06, 2008, 02:07:09 am
Miami and FSU were very much competing for the ACC title, hell almost the entire conference was. The ACC this year was a bunch of good teams, zero great teams.

What would you call the SEC?

A bunch of bad teams, with a couple good teams?

Clint Alan

Quote from: razorback44 on December 06, 2008, 02:46:17 am
I like your thoughts but please proof read before you click to post.  Just my thoughts. 

I do completely agree with you on the Tebow thing.  While he is a great guy and role model his numbers are just not there this year.  I can't figure out why he would even be mentioned at all for the heisman.  He is having a good year for a QB but he would be getting stomped by all the other candidates if he had not done what he did last year. 

Alright English professor.........If I wanted to get critiqued, Id have sent this to the newspaper before posting......

Clint Alan

Quote from: Ar_Hog on December 06, 2008, 07:42:07 am
SEC vs ACC

SEC
#1 Bama
#2 Florida
#17 Georgia
#22 Ole Piss

ACC
#15 Ga. Tech
#18 Boston College

Glad to know how weak this SEC is Rumby.. You're starting to sound like the "talking heads" last year and the year before about how "The" Ohio State University was going to win the NC. How the SEC just beats up on each other and won't fair well in the NC game. Last time I checked the SEC won the last 2 NC.

AS for your OU prediction....Can I say Boise St.....

Choke... Choke.... Choke!!!!

I do hope they play better than "The" Ohio State University did.

Im not trying to sound like anyone......but you do realize two of the ranked teams you listed for the SEC have lost to ACC teams, right?

Yes, the SEC has won the last two naty titles.....but I think we can both agree that tOSU had the wool pulled over everyones eyes two years in a row....The sad part about that is, two years ago, most of the country was pulling for a Michigan/tOSU rematch in the naty title game.....talk about a travesty......

OU may have lost to Boise State a couple years back......but that OU team has nothing on this years edition......