Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Last Chance U

Started by GrizzlyRider07, August 03, 2016, 08:29:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Michael_Carvell 9m9 minutes ago

SpursUp Surveillance: Will Muschamp talks Mississippi JUCO league

https://www.seccountry.com/south-carolina/spursup-surveillance-will-muschamp-talks-mississippi-juco-league

QuoteAfter knocking off top-ranked East Mississippi Community College, No. 15 Jones County heads to Mississippi Delta on Thursday night. SEC Country will be on location.

Muschamp is familiar with the lay of the land in the Mississippi Association of Community & Junior Colleges.

"There's a lot of really good programs over the years that we've had tremendous success, that I personally can say I've had tremendous success with players coming out of the Mississippi junior college league," Muschamp said.

A majority of the players on South Carolina's roster who made junior college stops went the Kansas route. Dante Sawyer matriculated through EMCC.

Mississippi State, South Carolina's opponent on Saturday, has seven former Mississippi JUCO players on its roster.

"Outstanding players and really good programs that do a good job helping a young man who maybe academically didn't ... a lot of times, young people don't always understand in ninth or 10th grade academically some of the things they need to do or are required to do," Muschamp said. "Maybe they don't have an idea they have an opportunity to go to college.

"Their families never been afforded that opportunity before. All of a sudden, they've got an opportunity and they've fallen behind academically. That happens, so there are multiple programs in that state that I've recruited over the years."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Tomas_Verde/status/784379898681065473

Quoteformer East Mississippi Community College quarterback understood it was a quick detour for his career, a five-month layover on the path to bigger things. As displayed in the Netflix documentary "Last Chance U," Franklin didn't belong in the small town of approximately 700 people.

He was eager to escape that life, and when Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee offered him that opportunity in the form of a scholarship last year, Franklin accepted. Now, nearly a year later, Franklin will be making his return to Mississippi when Auburn travels to Starkville to take on Mississippi State Saturday at 11 a.m. in the Tigers' first road test of the season.

"I mean, I never thought I'd have to go back to Mississippi," Franklin said, "nor was I looking forward to it."

Yet here Franklin is [apparently unaware of how SEC West scheduling works.]

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: jbcarol on October 07, 2016, 09:24:50 am
https://twitter.com/Tomas_Verde/status/784379898681065473

The bit about him being unaware of how sec west scheduling works after he states he never thought he'd have to go back to Mississippi does not surprise me.  John Franklin is of course the same guy who on Last Chance U was recorded as he told a teammate that Auburn wanted him to come to a game as an official visitor and then stated "I hope it's at home."
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/873337226482114560

The second season will debut on July 21

QuoteSeason 2 documents the 2016 season and will feature a number of top-level players, including former Florida State quarterback De'Andre Johnson, who was dismissed from the team in Tallahassee after being caught on video striking a woman in a bar. He has since signed with Lane Kiffin's Florida Atlantic program.

Season 1 of "Last Chance U" --  made household names of foul-mouthed head coach Buddy Stephens and kind-hearted academic counselor Brittany Wagner, who has since left the school for a marketing job with Newk's Eatery in Birmingham.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

KlubhouseKonnected

I watched the second season and I must say it's just not nearly as compelling or interesting as season one. No one as easily hateable as Franklin, nobody who is an underdog that you have much reason to root for. Most of the key figures are people that are either pretty comfortably going to make it back to a good program or are guys that you really don't give you much reason to feel sympathy for them or even really give you any reason to want to empathize with them.

The closest the come are with the linebacker and, to a lesser extent, the quarterback. However the quarterback is doing such a good job of doing what he is supposed to do, on and off the field, that he is almost an afterthought for the filmmakers.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Lindsey Scott, Jr.‏Verified account @_lj18_

Reset.

Ross Dellenger‏Verified account @RossDellenger 18h18 hours ago

More from Lindsey Scott Sr. about #LSU, the decision, etc.

"Plan was to give LSU at least one year."

http://bit.ly/2wa9LTR

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Report: Last Chance U star Isaiah Patrick-Wright charged with criminal homicide

QuoteHe, along with his brother Camion Patrick, who was also featured on the show in addition to being a member of the Indiana football team, were each charged with one count of criminal homicide relating to the July 25 death of an 18-year old from Maryville, Tenn.

Patrick-Wright was arrested Wednesday and is expected to be transferred to the Blount County (Tenn.) jail. Patrick was taken into custody by University of Indiana campus police on Wednesday and is expected to be extradited to Blount County.

jbcarol

Annie Costabile‏Verified account @AnnieCostabile

ICYMI: EMCC will play for the national championship after winning the MACJC state championship last night.

QuoteSENATOBIA — No. 1 East Mississippi led by six points, 37-31, with a little over 11 minutes remaining in the MACJC state championship game Saturday. By the end of the game, the Lions were celebrating a 67-66 double-overtime win over No. 4 Northwest Community College.

What happened in 11 minutes? A whole lot.

"Back in I think 2009 it was 75-71 us and Gulf Coast and that was without any overtimes," EMCC coach Buddy Stephens said. "This one I saw there was a lot of ebbs and flows. I saw the tide turn for them, for us and then back to them."

East Mississippi wins its sixth state championship in 10 years and hands Northwest its first home loss since 2014, snapping a 16-game home winning streak.

twistitup

Marketing....pure marketing
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

jbcarol

Therese Apel‏Verified account @TRex21

EMCC defensive lineman killed in Saturday wreck in Jones County

QuoteEast Mississippi Community College is grieving the loss of one of their football players killed in a car crash on Saturday.

Tyone Clemons, a defensive lineman at EMCC and former West Jones High School all-star, was killed in a Saturday crash in Jones County, the coroner's office confirmed. ...

"Our hearts are heavy today. Please keep our team, coaches, staff, and the EMCC family in your thoughts and prayers as we navigate this very difficult time. And more importantly, keep Ty's family and friends in your thoughts and prayers as they deal with the unthinkable," reads a Facebook post on EMCC's page.