Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What 4 star recruit will the new coach get to replace Pick ?

Started by intoxhog, October 22, 2007, 11:21:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHogFan

Quote from: PIGINAPOKE on October 23, 2007, 11:05:22 am
Quote from: TheHogFan on October 23, 2007, 10:56:44 am
Quote from: PIGINAPOKE on October 23, 2007, 10:53:56 am
Good young HANDOFFER would suit his play calling just fine!
There is one of those original quips that was referring to. Where oh where do you come up with these? Oh yeah, I know, the other 2,345 other posters have made the same joke. Oh, you added a picture! That gets you an extra gold star.
Here is another for ya..Nutt will be replacing this coach in 08

That is a little more creative than your weak ass first attempt. I can appreciate creativity, but some of these littel jokes are so played out. The worse part is that many of the posters still think they are being clever.

hogtheball

A new coaching staff always brings recruits (and usually players) with them.  Butch took some pretty good ones with him to UNC (like Pianalto) and he wasn't even recruiting at the time.   Gus took some good recruits to Tulsa from Arkansas and will get a couple more this year.   Whatever recruits we lose by losing Nutt, the new coach will make up for when he is hired.   It almost always works like that - but it does help to hire somebody in the region.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

TheHogFan

Quote from: hogtheball on October 23, 2007, 11:19:34 am
A new coaching staff always brings recruits (and usually players) with them.  Butch took some pretty good ones with him to UNC (like Pianalto) and he wasn't even recruiting at the time.   Gus took some good recruits to Tulsa from Arkansas and will get a couple more this year.   Whatever recruits we lose by losing Nutt, the new coach will make up for when he is hired.   It almost always works like that - but it does help to hire somebody in the region.
I agree. It is just going to suck until we get that new guy in. The fans cannabilizing their own program does not do any favors to the new coach.

PorkRyan

Hopefully the new coach will go get Tyler Wilson from Greenwood.  Rivals just put up some new videos on Tyler and he looks phenomenal. 

Shoatly

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on October 23, 2007, 10:12:15 am
Quote from: jpenrod1 on October 23, 2007, 10:10:18 am
Quote from: jtnhogs on October 23, 2007, 09:45:48 am
Nutt?  Lee?  Shibest?  He loves them to death? 

Clearly the kid is a poort judge of character.

I dont think you know there Character. Im really mad we lost this recruit, all we had to do is not fly pointless banners and we would be fine. Nutt needs out, but the booing, banners, and shirts have nothing to do with if he will be gone or not. Those things are just immature people who think they are making a point, but really there just hurting the program.

With the incompetence that reigns supreme in Fayetteville, can you honestly say you don't blame them?

I'm sure it didn't have anything at all to do with the fact that Nutt hasn't developed any QBs here and the fact that we cannot throw the ball effectively.  Or the fact that we're 1-3 in our conference and Kansas is undefeated.  Curiously, Pick didn't mention any banners or black shirts in the article.  He didn't mention all the negative articles that have appeared in the media, either.  He said that the coaches were "under pressure."  Losing coaches typically are. 

Silver Hog

The second his scout report showed up here I knew he would never come here. I said as much at the time, but my posts were deleted.

slopinhogs

Casey has one more year and Natdhan is is the shadows andz the calif kid ought to be ready to shine by then
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

knowholesbarred

Quote from: TheHogFan on October 23, 2007, 11:20:59 am
A new coaching staff always brings recruits (and usually players) with them.  Butch took some pretty good ones with him to UNC (like Pianalto) and he wasn't even recruiting at the time.   Gus took some good recruits to Tulsa from Arkansas and will get a couple more this year.   Whatever recruits we lose by losing Nutt, the new coach will make up for when he is hired.   It almost always works like that - but it does help to hire somebody in the region.
I agree. It is just going to suck until we get that new guy in. The fans cannabilizing their own program does not do any favors to the new coach.

A few things I see that are potentially wrong with this scenario.
A commitment is to the University not the coach ! This is the University of Arkansas not Houston Nutt University.
Early commitments generally suck because better opportunities could develop, rumors or mis guided truths from other coaches in the recruiting arena, etc. Had this kid waited until December thru Feb to make a decision this would not be a topic for discussion. If they are absolutely solid (which obviously this kid was not) then an early commitment is fine and we get a few but most are from within the borders of our state and knew early on where they wanted to play. Dmac is one example.
We have lost commits before and we will again but to blame the fanbase is ridiculous IMO.

hogtheball

It's part of the job.   When was the last time a coach took over a happy fan base after firing a coach.   I know a few coaches and it's just part of the job.  In fact, they would much rather have scholies opened for their own recruits rather than a previous coach's. 

Pick is a perfect example.   Let's say we hire (name out of thin air) Gus Malzahn as the head coach.  Gus, whose offense operates best with a pro-style QB, has just inherited a QB with a weak arm who is a pretty good runner - not exactly what he would have recruited (although FB's experts have told him that Gus' offense will work better with a dual-threat QB).   Gus will be glad to have that QB spot and that scholarship to get another kid who fits better in his scheme.   This particular loss will be a good one if we get a pass-oriented new head coach.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Everyone on this message board attacks each other... what a waste.  I start reading a good post and then as I scroll down a few lines and what do you know:  hard-core posters start making fun of each other?  Why?

hogtheball

Quote from: gguillo on October 23, 2007, 11:34:23 am
Everyone on this message board attacks each other... what a waste.  I start reading a good post and then as I scroll down a few lines and what do you know:  hard-core posters start making fun of each other?  Why?

There are some good, reasonable posts on here as well (from both sides).  Why don't you just read and respond to those? 

wooly

Would we have to recruit another QB?  With little Dick redshirting this year, and Youngblood the next, shouldn't we probably just move on to the next class.

TheHogFan

Quote from: wooly on October 23, 2007, 11:42:31 am
Would we have to recruit another QB?  With little Dick redshirting this year, and Youngblood the next, shouldn't we probably just move on to the next class.
BC we don't know what Youngblood is going to do with baseball.

dowils

Quote from: gguillo on October 23, 2007, 11:34:23 am

Get used to it.  To much negativity for an informed conversation about Razorback Football.....  Its the posters that choose to be silly and not be negative.  The problem is the hurtful and personal attacks towards the coaches, players and other members of this board are not funny nor does it make for intelligent conversation about the Razorback football program.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on October 23, 2007, 10:09:42 am
Quote from: MarkinMemphis on October 23, 2007, 09:43:32 am
"When we come down there, it seems like they're under pressure." - Kale Pick

Yes Kale, I think you have astutely discerned the situation at Arkansas.

As for young Pick, not sure he's what Arkansas needs anyway. The 11th-best dualthreat quarterback in the nation. Well, Robert Johnson and Casey Dick were rated higher dualthreat QB's than that and look what they've NOT done for the Hogs. Dualthreat is not the way to go for a Nutt-coached team unless it's the #1 or #2 ranked dualthreat QB.

Unless you're Vince Young, dual-threat generally means you're not a very good QB. 

It's the new hit term meaning the kid is fast but couldn't hit the ocean if he fell out of a boat. 
Dick ain't fast.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on October 23, 2007, 10:38:00 am
Quote from: PorkPhatRules on October 23, 2007, 10:14:56 am

As for young Pick, not sure he's what Arkansas needs anyway. The 11th-best dualthreat quarterback in the nation. Well, Robert Johnson and Casey Dick were rated higher dualthreat QB's than that and look what they've NOT done for the Hogs. Dualthreat is not the way to go for a Nutt-coached team unless it's the #1 or #2 ranked dualthreat QB.

Robert Johnson was the 2nd 7th rated dual threat QB in the nation coming out of Waco, enough said.

Fixed that for ya.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=9260

I knew he wasn't ever rated #2 in the QB category.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: knowholesbarred on October 23, 2007, 11:28:22 am

A few things I see that are potentially wrong with this scenario.
A commitment is to the University not the coach ! This is the University of Arkansas not Houston Nutt University.
Early commitments generally suck because better opportunities could develop, rumors or mis guided truths from other coaches in the recruiting arena, etc. Had this kid waited until December thru Feb to make a decision this would not be a topic for discussion. If they are absolutely solid (which obviously this kid was not) then an early commitment is fine and we get a few but most are from within the borders of our state and knew early on where they wanted to play. Dmac is one example.
We have lost commits before and we will again but to blame the fanbase is ridiculous IMO.

As much as I wish that to be the case, it's not. It is about the coach and his staff. It's why Nebraska was so good under Devaney and Osborne. It's why they are not good anymore. SC without Spurrier is well, the usual SC. Arkansas with Broyles or Holtz was good to great. Since, it's been good to terrible and mostly terrible after Hatfield left.

silvertip

Quote from: Shoatly on October 23, 2007, 11:24:04 am
Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on October 23, 2007, 10:12:15 am

I dont think you know there Character. Im really mad we lost this recruit, all we had to do is not fly pointless banners and we would be fine. Nutt needs out, but the booing, banners, and shirts have nothing to do with if he will be gone or not. Those things are just immature people who think they are making a point, but really there just hurting the program.

With the incompetence that reigns supreme in Fayetteville, can you honestly say you don't blame them?

I'm sure it didn't have anything at all to do with the fact that Nutt hasn't developed any QBs here and the fact that we cannot throw the ball effectively.  Or the fact that we're 1-3 in our conference and Kansas is undefeated.  Curiously, Pick didn't mention any banners or black shirts in the article.  He didn't mention all the negative articles that have appeared in the media, either.  He said that the coaches were "under pressure."  Losing coaches typically are. 

Good points, Shoatly. What Pick also said in the Rivals article was that he's commited to Kansas because he "loves their offense." 

Now then, I think it's reasonable to conclude that he doesn't "love Arkansas's offense."  Pick will not be the last "decommit", as the DorknLee continue to prove that their recruiting pitch was just a lie. "Pro-style offense" my a$$.

silvertip

Quote from: TheHogFan on October 23, 2007, 11:44:27 am

And also we don't know that Youngblood will stay committed. Just as we don't know that Guy or Wright or a few others will stay committed. They are watching the DorknLee's "pro-style offense" and it ain't pretty.

Silver Hog

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on October 23, 2007, 12:42:19 pm
Quote from: MarkinMemphis on October 23, 2007, 11:55:07 am
Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on October 23, 2007, 10:38:00 am
Quote from: PorkPhatRules on October 23, 2007, 10:14:56 am

Robert Johnson was the 2nd 7th rated dual threat QB in the nation coming out of Waco, enough said.

Fixed that for ya.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=9260

I knew he wasn't ever rated #2 in the QB category.

I was correcting the fella behind you. 

Yes, I noticed that. Was just saying your info was more accurate.

hogtheball

MysticHog

Quote from: TheHogFan on October 23, 2007, 11:12:26 am
Quote from: MysticHog on October 23, 2007, 10:58:52 am
Quote from: TheHogFan on October 23, 2007, 10:55:18 am
Quote from: MysticHog on October 23, 2007, 10:51:56 am
We need a QB to replace the "Pick" brothers.  I would like to hear this kid on a talk show to hear what he really said.  I doubt that "Whole Hog" Story was accurate.
A quote is a quote. It is hard to spin that. Although i am confident that you will find a way.

Really?  Just like huggers saying Mitch Mustain caused Kodi Burns not to come here?  But when we finally hear the truth it was Nutt being here that caused him to go elsewhere.  You can't trust a hugger or a hugger run board.  They lie, just like their leader Houston.
The quote was in the news paper, not a message board. I didn't know we were tlaking ab KB and MM (again). I thought we were talking about KP comments in the paper. I am sorry it is not what you wanted to hear, but at least have some proof besides a rant ab MM and KB to back yourself up. For whatever reason KP liked our current staff, and the reason he decommitted was bc of the recent string of events. If you are saying that the paper purposedly mis quoted the young man, then please provide some sort of evidence.

When did KB say the reason he didn't come here was bc of Nutt? I may have missed that comment, so if you could please provide some background that would be great. Thanks in advance for your help on this subject, even though I am not sure how you circled around to that.

So everything you huggers read in the paper is true?  Like the addias shoes costing 6000 just for Mitch that Harry King reported last year?  You see huggie no matter where you turn I have the evidence on my side.  I can turn it to prove the media newspaper or televison or the Drive time with your hugger show are all full of beans, or Nutts in this case.  Bring you best shot because you'll get shot down every time. 

Chuck Boarris

So what do you guys think about Nathan Stanley?  He wants to be a hog, and he looks like a pretty good QB.  6' 5" 4.7 and he's being recruited OU and OSU.  He said he would love for the Hogs to show him some interest.

TheHogFan

October 23, 2007, 02:25:08 pm #124 Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 02:27:18 pm by TheHogFan
Quote from: MysticHog on October 23, 2007, 02:10:04 pm
We need a QB to replace the "Pick" brothers.  I would like to hear this kid on a talk show to hear what he really said.  I doubt that "Whole Hog" Story was accurate.
A quote is a quote. It is hard to spin that. Although i am confident that you will find a way.

Really?  Just like huggers saying Mitch Mustain caused Kodi Burns not to come here?  But when we finally hear the truth it was Nutt being here that caused him to go elsewhere.  You can't trust a hugger or a hugger run board.  They lie, just like their leader Houston.
The quote was in the news paper, not a message board. I didn't know we were tlaking ab KB and MM (again). I thought we were talking about KP comments in the paper. I am sorry it is not what you wanted to hear, but at least have some proof besides a rant ab MM and KB to back yourself up. For whatever reason KP liked our current staff, and the reason he decommitted was bc of the recent string of events. If you are saying that the paper purposedly mis quoted the young man, then please provide some sort of evidence.

When did KB say the reason he didn't come here was bc of Nutt? I may have missed that comment, so if you could please provide some background that would be great. Thanks in advance for your help on this subject, even though I am not sure how you circled around to that.

So everything you huggers read in the paper is true?  Like the addias shoes costing 6000 just for Mitch that Harry King reported last year?  You see huggie no matter where you turn I have the evidence on my side.  I can turn it to prove the media newspaper or televison or the Drive time with your hugger show are all full of beans, or Nutts in this case.  Bring you best shot because you'll get shot down every time. 
Again with MM? Do you see a pattern here? You Mitch-o-philes can be really creepy sometimes.

Just so we are clear, you are saying that the paper purposely mis-quoted KP to make Nutt look better? Is that correct? Is there anyway you can answer this question without bringing up MM? What eveidence do you have that KP did not say the aforementioned quote? Please provide anything that proves that the Democrat Gazette violated every principle of journalism to make Nutt look better. I am strictly dealing with the quotes in the paper. If they are fabricated and KP did not say those things, then I will stand corrected.

Also, I want Nutt gone at the end of the season, so nice try with the "hugger" label. I know you are a simple minded fella, but try your best to comprehend that jsut bc I dont have an unhealthy hate/obsession with Nutt does not mean i am a hugger.

TheHogFan

Quote from: HawgHaulin on October 23, 2007, 02:23:55 pm
So what do you guys think about Nathan Stanley?  He wants to be a hog, and he looks like a pretty good QB.  6' 5" 4.7 and he's being recruited OU and OSU.  He said he would love for the Hogs to show him some interest.
Dont you dare try to talk about the actual subject. You should know better!

I have watched his film and he looks pretty good to me. If he is a legit 6-5, then I say sign him up.

MysticHog

Quote from: TheHogFan on October 23, 2007, 02:25:08 pm

Again with MM? Do you see a pattern here? You Mitch-o-philes can be really creepy sometimes.

Just so we are clear, you are saying that the paper purposely mis-quoted KP to make Nutt look better? Is that correct? Is there anyway you can answer this question without bringing up MM? What eveidence do you have that KP did not say the aforementioned quote? Please provide anything that proves that the Democrat Gazette violated every principle of journalism to make Nutt look better. I am strictly dealing with the quotes in the paper. If they are fabricated and KP did not say those things, then I will stand corrected.

Also, I want Nutt gone at the end of the season, so nice try with the "hugger" label. I know you are a simple minded fella, but try your best to comprehend that jsut bc I dont have an unhealthy hate/obsession with Nutt does not mean i am a hugger.

Trying to change colors to suit the situation, why don't you state what you really are. You say you want Nutt gone yet your post scream of loving Nutt. I don't have to prove anything to you or anyone else, if you are so bent on truth you prove that he did say he is not coming because Nutt and the MSM might not be here. Oh and that little newspaper article is NOT proof.  Get to it jack.
Or is it too much for you? 

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

wooly

Quote from: silvertip on October 23, 2007, 12:42:12 pm

And also we don't know that Youngblood will stay committed. Just as we don't know that Guy or Wright or a few others will stay committed. They are watching the DorknLee's "pro-style offense" and it ain't pretty.

I think I would stay away from baseball playing QB's if I was a coach. Recruit them after they have been in the minors a couple of years.  J/K

TheHogFan

Quote from: MysticHog on October 23, 2007, 02:41:42 pm

Trying to change colors to suit the situation, why don't you state what you really are. You say you want Nutt gone yet your post scream of loving Nutt. I don't have to prove anything to you or anyone else, if you are so bent on truth you prove that he did say he is not coming because Nutt and the MSM might not be here. Oh and that little newspaper article is NOT proof.  Get to it jack.
I want Nutt gone at the end of the season. How do I prove that?

I am assuming that this little disagreement will be taken care of soon enough. As soon as KP reads the false quote in the paper, he is going to be pissed and will come out with a statement clarifying the issue. We can at least both agree on that right?  How in the world do I prove that he said that? If he didn't say that, then he will come out and say that it was a false quote. Please tell me you are not this dumb. Just tell me that your unhealthly hatred of Nutt has blinded you from all things logical. Because this is getting crazy.
Please answer this......
You are saying that KP never made the statements that were in the paper this morning? Essentially the Democrat Gazette completely fabricated quotes to make Nutt look good? That is your contention correct?
Can you please just say yes or no, so we can get some resolution.

VenturaHog

PorkPhatRules

October 23, 2007, 03:28:04 pm #132 Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 03:30:07 pm by PorkPhatRules

Ok, it must have been 2nd rated dual threat in Texas, I just remember being excited to read about him when he committed. So he was rated 7th best in the nation, I think you get my point.

TDHog

Quote from: TheHogFan on October 23, 2007, 03:15:44 pm

I am assuming that this little disagreement will be taken care of soon enough. As soon as KP reads the false quote in the paper, he is going to be pissed and will come out with a statement clarifying the issue. We can at least both agree on that right?  How in the world do I prove that he said that? If he didn't say that, then he will come out and say that it was a false quote. Please tell me you are not this dumb. Just tell me that your unhealthly hatred of Nutt has blinded you from all things logical. Because this is getting crazy.
Please answer this......
You are saying that KP never made the statements that were in the paper this morning? Essentially the Democrat Gazette completely fabricated quotes to make Nutt look good? That is your contention correct?

Hey Hogfan ever heard of context?  As in words taken out of? THat is what he was insinuating.  No one has to prove anything to you, he said he "doubted" the story was accurate, he then followed that up with reason for his doubt based on passed experiences.  You are the one that made the MM angle a big deal.  Also, I don't remember anyone ever appointiong you as "HOGVILLES OFFICIAL HANDER OFF JOKE POLICE"

TheHogFan

Quote from: TDHog on October 23, 2007, 03:52:52 pm

Please answer this......

Hey Hogfan ever heard of context?  As in words taken out of? THat is what he was insinuating.  No one has to prove anything to you, he said he "doubted" the story was accurate, he then followed that up with reason for his doubt based on passed experiences.  You are the one that made the MM angle a big deal.  Also, I don't remember anyone ever appointiong you as "HOGVILLES OFFICIAL HANDER OFF JOKE POLICE"
You obviously missed the official announcement last month. You should read up more often.

All I am saying is that if he is making the claim that the Democrat Gaz it blatently making up QUOTES to make Nutt look better, then by all means lets prove it and expose the truth!

TDHog

"You obviously missed the official announcement last month. You should read up more often."

+1 that actually made me chuckle, as far as the newspaper, it is not that different than all of those recruiting columns about how our classes are incredible.  Reality has shown something else.  I don't think the paper made up quotes, but you can easily pick and choose quotes that fit an angle you want on a story.

TheHogFan

Quote from: TDHog on October 23, 2007, 04:25:42 pm
"You obviously missed the official announcement last month. You should read up more often."

+1 that actually made me chuckle, as far as the newspaper, it is not that different than all of those recruiting columns about how our classes are incredible.  Reality has shown something else.  I don't think the paper made up quotes, but you can easily pick and choose quotes that fit an angle you want on a story.

I am sorry it is hard to twist those quotes.

wooly

I thought that is why we chose him as the "one".  He wasn't going to sign with MLB.

RickyRoma

NOt to mention the great passing offense that a Nutt-coached team puts on display.  I'm sure you meant to point this out.  Don't tell me the current offense AND Nutt's history with qb's didn't play a part in the kid's decision.

pigfeet

Good and bad descision on Pick's part.

Good b/c he won't be ruined by Nutt

Bad b/c he won't get a chance to play for a quality coach once they fire Hooten.

jpenrod1

Quote from: hawgnjayhawkland on October 23, 2007, 04:41:22 pm

NOt to mention the great passing offense that a Nutt-coached team puts on display.  I'm sure you meant to point this out.  Don't tell me the current offense AND Nutt's history with qb's didn't play a part in the kid's decision.

Im just going by what he said. I know if i was a QB that would bother me, but apparently it didnt bother him since he committed in the first place.

MysticHog

Please answer this......

We agree and that most definetly is my contention.  They have done it too many times to count with other players, why would I have any reason to think they would change now?

HogSophist

Please answer this......

How does a recruit decommitting reflect well on our head coach?
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

HogginAllDay&Nite

I knew the banner flying and coach bashing was going to eventually run a recruit off...and the sad thing is I don't think Kale is the only 4 star verbal recruit we'll lose due to bad fans....heard someone else is now a "soft verbal"  :(
Loyal Razorback Fan Through It All

Michael Porkleone

Let's fly a banner in celebration for this lost recruit.
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: NinoHog on October 23, 2007, 07:32:08 pm
What Passing Qb Would Want To Play For Nutt 96 Yrds Passing Wide Open Offense
Are you guys robots now?  You say the same thing over and over.

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Calling All Hogs

Honestly who cares if Pick goes to Kansas.  As long as Nutt is here he would never develop anyway. Getting Nutt to decommit is the number 1 task at Arkansas.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: NinoHog on October 23, 2007, 07:32:08 pm
What Passing Qb Would Want To Play For Nutt 96 Yrds Passing Wide Open Offense

If a physically talented quarterback wanted to play for Nutt, you would have to question his mental fitness.

Silver Hog