Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What 4 star recruit will the new coach get to replace Pick ?

Started by intoxhog, October 22, 2007, 11:21:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

intoxhog

I know this should be for the recruiting broad, but this one hurts! Kale Pick Decommits.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=167040.0

http://arkansas.rivals.com/default.asp?SR=RivalsFP
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

razorhead69

HogISH™

Quote from: razorhead69 on October 22, 2007, 11:21:50 am
The sky is falling!

nope just an empty beer can mikeb flung your way.

HogISH

ps.... nutt will resign but WHEN?
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

MJ2

Would have been nice if he stayed, but Youngblood is the "have to have" of the group.

intoxhog

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on October 22, 2007, 11:22:52 am
I'm glad he isn't going to play pro baseball.
This sux freshlegs, i really liked what i saw from this kid. He can make throws to all points on the field. IM bummed.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

razorhead69

Quote from: HogISH™ on October 22, 2007, 11:23:29 am
The sky is falling!

HogISH

Think Christmas presents

jschulte

October 22, 2007, 11:27:28 am #6 Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 11:29:16 am by jschulte
Yes, that really does suck.  He was one of the only things to get excited about next year.

Thing is, he is injured the whole season, I think it might of been smart to stick with Arkansas.

IHateVitale

all hail the great HDN! he's laughing at this right now because it has no effect on him what so ever....the DORK will be at Baylor next year, he wanted this to happen....
Darren McFadden~The greatest Razorback ever.  501 baby

Bama Hog™

Not surpising at all. I am sure the spin is coming..."Darksideres run off recruits", etc...
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

Hugulus Hog

Once we get Callahan hired, he shouldn't be difficult to recruit again.

HogISH™

Quote from: razorhead69 on October 22, 2007, 11:26:30 am
The sky is falling!

HogISH

Think Christmas presents

can i have and early christmas present this year? say like 1st or so of december?

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

navyhog24

this is all just the beginning of whats supposedly is supposed to happen if coach nutt isnt going to be here next season. plus, i guess the realized he was just going to be a hander-offer anyways

intoxhog

Quote from: HogISH™ on October 22, 2007, 11:35:18 am
The sky is falling!

HDN doesn't give  a Ch** anylonger. he knows he is gone therefore are recruiting is going to suffer BIG TIME... FIRE THE DORK NOW!!

HogISH

Think Christmas presents

can i have and early christmas present this year? say like 1st or so of december?

HogISH
Quote from: HogISH™ on October 22, 2007, 11:35:18 am
The sky is falling!

HogISH

Think Christmas presents

HogISH

HDN doesn't give  a Ch** anylonger. he knows he is gone therefore are recruiting is going to suffer BIG TIME... FIRE THE DORK NOW!!

Marshfieldhog

Makes not recruiting Tyler Wilson even more stupid but what do you expect from the Murray St. Mafia.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: intoxhog on October 22, 2007, 11:21:15 am
I know this should be for the recruiting broad, but this one hurts! Kale Pick Decommits.

Smart Kid avoiding the QB Killer HOOTEN NUTT!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

intoxhog

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on October 22, 2007, 11:40:41 am
Makes not recruiting Tyler Wilson even more stupid but what do you expect from the Murray St. Mafia.

yep,, folks when we lose our next SEC game the BAC has every excuse to fire his @** (not that they don't already)

navyhog24

but the fact is, they wont pull that quick trigger. it seems as if they never will to be honest

beansandtaters

That stinks...can't say I blame him though. He was one of the recruits excited about the new "pro style offense" we were debuting this season. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

SigPig

Hugger response: "Thats just great, all the fan negativity surrounding our coach has led to recruits decommitting because there is uncertainty as to who will be the coach next year. Hope you're proud of yourselves darksiders."

Darksider response: "Thats just great, this horribly coached team started off with a nice bunch of early commitments, including a talented QB in Pick, only to donkey off several winable games thus losing the confidence of our early commits. Hope you're proud of your coach huggers!"

What can we take away from this? Either way you look at your team there are too many bad things happening with the current coaching staff. Losing games, fan dissention, and losing recruits.

Its time for a change, and I GUARANTEE it will happen.

OneLardAlmighty

The kid is no Tony Romo.  He probably figured out he wasn't good enough to run the new 'pro-style' offense. 

I'm glad he's gone.  I only want kids who want to be Razorbacks. 

Now excuse me while I go back to my office to do 'the traditional go-hogs spell out!'   

intoxhog

Quote from: OneLardAlmighty on October 22, 2007, 11:45:57 am
The kid is no Tony Romo.  He probably figured out he wasn't good enough to run the new 'pro-style' offense. 

I'm glad he's gone.  I only want kids who want to be Razorbacks. 

Now excuse me while I go back to my office to do 'the traditional go-hogs spell out!'  

I'm glad he's gone.  I only want kids who want to be Razorbacks.  ----(SARCASM)----

there i fixed that for you before you get smited to death.

Nashville Fan

Someone tell him that if he has a reporter following him around not to say anything bad about HDN. Just in case .....
Pittman or Bust!

Bomis Hawg

Probably a Jayhawk?
With KU's start, I wouldn't be shocked.

regi

Maybe he will comitt to Baylor? ;D

Marshfieldhog

Look for Grit to say he was overrated anyway.

HogBaptist

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on October 22, 2007, 12:11:09 pm
Probably a Jayhawk?

I might be smoking crack, but I thought he was going to commit to Kentucky.

Tomhog™

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on October 22, 2007, 12:11:09 pm
Probably a Jayhawk?

That was my thinking.  In-state pressure on him to stay in-state.  Winston Guy from Kentucky  is another one whose home team is doing better than average.  He's getting a lot of pressure as well.

RazorWire™

cardinalhawg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 22, 2007, 11:40:58 am

I am not expecting Nutt to be the coach next season, but I would expect Pick would be the ideal QB for Houston Nutt.  He has good speed, which would allow him to be used in different ways than how Casey is used at QB.  He doesn't have the speed of Matt Jones, but still he has good speed.

jpenrod1

Quote from: cardinalhawg on October 22, 2007, 12:17:51 pm

I am not expecting Nutt to be the coach next season, but I would expect Pick would be the ideal QB for Houston Nutt.  He has good speed, which would allow him to be used in different ways than how Casey is used at QB.  He doesn't have the speed of Matt Jones, but still he has good speed.

He can also throw, and throw well. very accurate with good power.

Tusks

There's a Kansas fan in the thread that says Pick was 'taken aback' by the lack of passing game the hogs run.  hooten told the kid they were going to 'open it up' but he's not seeing it.

Combine that with Kansas success this year and this is what you get.  He committed to the Hogs because he wanted to play for a top 20 team and was told the hogs would be passing more so he thought it was a good fit.  Fast forward and the starting QB throws for 96 yards against the worse team in the league......it doesn't help that the hogs are setting 11th in a 12 team league.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

3kgthog

But firing Houston Nutt would kill recruiting! Apparently keeping him is what is killing recruiting. Winston Guy, the Warren guys waffling, Pick decommitting. Who's next?

cardinalhawg

Quote from: jpenrod1 on October 22, 2007, 12:23:26 pm
Quote from: cardinalhawg on October 22, 2007, 12:17:51 pm

He can also throw, and throw well. very accurate with good power.

I do think that Nutt would open things up some with Pick, if Pick proved capable of throwing the ball well at the college level, especially since Pick is one you could roll out and do different things with in both the passing and running game.  I do not know how much we would open things up, but under Nutt, it seems that good QBs are reluctant to come and stay, and the ones that we have aren't really good enough to open things up with.  Even so, it does fall back to coach and his staff.

Skullthumpers

Ocean called it.  Nutt is looking for yes men.  Pick probably isn't one of those guys.  If we got him, he would leave after a year or just get switched to receiver.  Please, spare us the trouble and recruit people for the position.

bigyellowdog

Sunshine will be chastising the darksiders today on DTS after he gets through drooling over the stats of the Ole Miss game.

Albert Einswine

I think it is imperative that an announcement be made now that Nutt will coach till the final horn sounds at the LSU game and that a careful search for his replacement has already begun.

This way, any commits we have will make their decision based on the certainty that Nutt's gone and can weigh options as they wait to see who we hire to replace him.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

cardinalhawg

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 22, 2007, 12:57:40 pm
I think it is imperative that an announcement be made now that Nutt will coach till the final horn sounds at the LSU game and that a careful search for his replacement has already begun.

This way, any commits we have will make their decision based on the certainty that Nutt's gone and can weigh options as they wait to see who we hire to replace him.

I understand where you are coming from, but then again making a statement like that now even leaves a longer time of limbo.  You would basically have a staff no longer recruiting, while other coaches would gain serious ground on our committed recruits, plus the ones that are uncommitted that we are after.  The shorter time of limbo, between an actual firing/resignation, versus the new coach coming in, the better.  Serious ground work can already be in the works before any kind of public announcement is made.

What would be tough for making a coaching change, is if the Hogs go to a bowl game, and the time period in between the end of the regular season and the bowl game.  That leaves a long limbo period too, since one wants to make the change at the end of the regular season, but often it is hard to get the ideal new guy until after the bowl game.

cj_sez

With Nutt's record of ruining or abusing QB's, it's not surprising to see one decommit. I don't blame the kid. Put the blame where it belongs, on a coach who makes promises he never intends to keep.
Help recruiting, FIRE NUTT!!

Albert Einswine

Quote from: cardinalhawg on October 22, 2007, 01:11:22 pm

I understand where you are coming from, but then again making a statement like that now even leaves a longer time of limbo.  You would basically have a staff no longer recruiting, while other coaches would gain serious ground on our committed recruits, plus the ones that are uncommitted that we are after.  The shorter time of limbo, between an actual firing/resignation, versus the new coach coming in, the better.  Serious ground work can already be in the works before any kind of public announcement is made.

What would be tough for making a coaching change, is if the Hogs go to a bowl game, and the time period in between the end of the regular season and the bowl game.  That leaves a long limbo period too, since one wants to make the change at the end of the regular season, but often it is hard to get the ideal new guy until after the bowl game.

If they already know they're gone I doubt they're really hitting it hard on the recruiting trail.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Melhog

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 22, 2007, 12:42:23 pm
But firing Houston Nutt would kill recruiting! Apparently keeping him is what is killing recruiting. Winston Guy, the Warren guys waffling, Pick decommitting. Who's next?

Are the Warren guys waffling?? I haven't heard anything??  WOuldn't be surprising, but I haven't seen anything. Can you elaborate?

havok

What hurts is this guy is obviously has a good head on his shoulders....  he sees that this place with the Dork is a dead end for QB's and receivers who want to get to the next level..and is seeking out a place that knows how to develop players.

TheHogFan

According to most on here he wasn't that good anyways because of his other offers. This should be everyone happy right?

BTW, I think he is going to be a great QB after looking at his film.

TulsaHogFan

Isn't there a pretty long dead period in recruiting during bowl season? For some reason I thought there was a period where coaches can't talk to recruits during that time.

Sorry but I could have sworn there was.

TheHogFan

Quote from: cj_sez on October 22, 2007, 01:15:20 pm
With Nutt's record of ruining or abusing QB's, it's not surprising to see one decommit. I don't blame the kid. Put the blame where it belongs, on a coach who makes promises he never intends to keep.
Help recruiting, FIRE NUTT!!
Why did he commit in the first place then?

Hogdomer

Quote from: havok on October 22, 2007, 01:24:27 pm
What hurts is this guy is obviously has a good head on his shoulders....  he sees that this place with the Dork is a dead end for QB's and receivers who want to get to the next level..and is seeking out a place that knows how to develop players.

I guess he was a fool until today?

cardinalhawg

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on October 22, 2007, 01:18:11 pm

I understand where you are coming from, but then again making a statement like that now even leaves a longer time of limbo.  You would basically have a staff no longer recruiting, while other coaches would gain serious ground on our committed recruits, plus the ones that are uncommitted that we are after. 

And the difference between the "described" situation and the current state of affairs?
Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on October 22, 2007, 01:18:11 pm

I understand where you are coming from, but then again making a statement like that now even leaves a longer time of limbo.  You would basically have a staff no longer recruiting, while other coaches would gain serious ground on our committed recruits, plus the ones that are uncommitted that we are after. 

And the difference between the "described" situation and the current state of affairs?

I would say that the current state of affairs comes across as more stable than making a public announcement now.  Let the season play out some more, if the Hogs lose another game or two, then it might be late enough in the season to make such an announcement.  A public annoucement right now would also garner more media attention, which of course, could be negative.

dougieritch

Don't blame the kid, we run the most pathetic offense in college football, plus Kansas is having a great year.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: Melhog on October 22, 2007, 01:18:41 pm
Quote from: 3kgthog on October 22, 2007, 12:42:23 pm

Are the Warren guys waffling?? I haven't heard anything??  WOuldn't be surprising, but I haven't seen anything. Can you elaborate?

Melhog, not only are some of the Warren guys (the 4 star receiver said he was open to being recruited by others but remains committed to Ark.) but also at least one of the Camden recruits have been taking visits.

Nutts and Bolts

I am still thinking Nathan Dick will be the QB for the next four years... Starting next year... AHEAD of his brother...The new coach will hopefully be able to identify that ability... IMO of course
A new era has begun in Fayetteville