Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gus' Stock Rising per rivals.com

Started by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya, October 18, 2007, 09:49:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

MysticHog

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/viewCFSE.asp?selposition=2

Gus is number 10 in the country.  David Lee not seen, nor is Herring on defense or Nutt on head coach. The only rank the top 20. If they ranked the bottom ten I am sure Nutt and Lee would show up.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: MysticHog on October 18, 2007, 09:49:50 pm
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/viewCFSE.asp?selposition=2

Gus is number 10 in the country.  David Lee not seen, nor is Herring on defense or Nutt on head coach. The only rank the top 20. If they ranked the bottom ten I am sure Nutt and Lee would show up.

They must not be including Sun Belt teams.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

mykidsdad

There must be some mistake. I can't seem to find David Lee's name on there anywhere. I would have thought that he would be #1. After all we stabbed Gus in the back and paid David Lee 2X Gus's salary to get him here.

parrishw

If Guz is not hired soon by a D-1 program and stays at Tulsa for a few years he will build a team that could challenge OU with the Arkansas recruits that jump over HDN's fence.

Go figure

Silver Hog

Still plenty of football left for him to get back to the top!  10th place now, up from 14. GO GUS GO!

javajockey

granny grunt

How come we're not surprised?    Way To Go Gus!!!!
FIRE NUTT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cartoon Man

oldtimerhog

I am shocked that David "Waterboy" Lee and his pro-style passing attack didn't make the list.  JUST SHOCKED!
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

oldtimerhog

Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

pigsooie_73

Even with his hands tied last year, wasn't he the national OC of the year?

taintlint

I'm sorry. Gus who? Oh, the HS guy.

He will fail. He is a one...ummmm...two hit wonder in D1.

The_Iceman

Gus for Offensive Coordinator in 2008!

hogtheball

Guys, this report is a lie - a complete fabrication from somebody who obviously is just joking.  As we know, it is impossible to have a successful offense in the sport of football without a Marcus Monk.  Since Marcus isn't playing for Gus this year, and he has two freshman receivers starting, this link has to be false.  Good try there you prankster.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: mykidsdad on October 18, 2007, 09:56:58 pm
There must be some mistake. I can't seem to find David Lee's name on there anywhere. I would have thought that he would be #1. After all we stabbed Gus in the back and paid David Lee 2X Gus's salary to get him here.

He's too "pro-style" to show up on a rivals board!
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Mr. Hog

Another reason Nutt and company need to go, they couldn't see Mal-a-zahns talent. Some Real team with some insight will pick up Gus and we will wish it was us.

Shame on u Dale !
Go Hogs Go!

jmark

Quote from: swisshog on October 18, 2007, 10:01:12 pm
Still plenty of football left for him to get back to the top!  10th place now, up from 14. GO GUS GO!

All the way to #1.

Gus, give us first shot to come back when all those mean BCS schools start throwing money at you.    ;)    Please.  Remember what could have been.
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

hoggystyle78

I agree, we must have to look at a pro football site to find our illustrious OC, cause as we all know he's "pro style", not sorry old "high school".
Quote from: clifflee4mvp on October 19, 2007, 12:31:39 am

He's too "pro-style" to show up on a rivals board!

rhinohog84

Were they confused in the poll whether to put HDN or David Lee as the offensive coach..... or maybe the "No. 1 offense in the SEC" just isn't good enough to get in the top 20.

riccoar

I think David Lee is starting to see that he was brought in to take the fall for our offensive woes.  Pretty crappy since he isn't calling the plays.

CyberHog

Somebody needs to ask

Somebody needs to ask Nutt about this. They need to ask him point blank does he regret bringing in David Lee for 2x the money Gus was paid and point out the current success of Tulsa's offense.

I'm sure he would blurt out some pansy answer!

cj_sez

Imagine if LSU hired in Malzahn.
We need to get rid of Nutt, get Gus back.

hogs25

Quote from: Mr. Hog on October 19, 2007, 12:37:22 am
Another reason Nutt and company need to go, they couldn't see Mal-a-zahns talent. Some Real team with some insight will pick up Gus and we will wish it was us.

Shame on u Dale !

He freaking ran him off on a BS reason that we could get a guy with NFL experience in David Lee if Gus would get the receivers better as Nutt says.  This is all over jealously and Ego as we all know but man oh man, what could've been.  2006 will haunt Nutt for the rest of his life.  The sad thing is some major university will pick Gus up pretty soon if not next year.  That's when it's gonna sting...

TDHog

Quote from: rhinohog84 on October 19, 2007, 02:21:04 am
Were they confused in the poll whether to put HDN or David Lee as the offensive coach..... or maybe the "No. 1 offense in the SEC" just isn't good enough to get in the top 20.

Maybe they don't count apdding your stats against N. Texas and Tenn Chat.  Maybe something about struggling against Kentucky and Auburn.

taoteching

Yes, Gus Malzahn is now ranked 10th best offensive coach in the nation.

PigTimePlayer

I nominate Gus for the Broyles Award.  That would be the icing on the cake.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

hogwildinhouston

Quote from: hogs25 on October 19, 2007, 04:07:54 am
2006 will haunt Nutt for the rest of his life. 

I'm afraid 2006/early 2007 is going to haunt the Arkansas program for many years as well.

hogs25

This is a perfect time to get Gus.  If your gut doesn't tell you that Gus is the man for the job then you haven't been paying attention.  We had very high expectation's for this year's team and you know how that's working out.  So why not with a down year looming bring him in for at least a 3 year shot?  We've got nothing to lose at this point.  I can't see anybody else coming in and doing any better considering the circumstances.  He was SEC OCOY and he's now the #10 OC in the nation and having Tulsa's offense #2 in the nation.  Coincidence?  I think not.

bphi11ips

Quote from: hogs25 on October 19, 2007, 06:57:56 am
This is a perfect time to get Gus.  If your gut doesn't tell you that Gus is the man for the job then you haven't been paying attention.  We had very high expectation's for this year's team and you know how that's working out.  So why not with a down year looming bring him in for at least a 3 year shot?  We've got nothing to lose at this point.  I can't see anybody else coming in and doing any better considering the circumstances.  He was SECNATIONAL OCOY and he's now the #10 OC in the nation and having Tulsa's offense #2 in the nation.  Coincidence?  I think not.

Listen mister!  Gus walked in to a situation with a senior quarterback.  It's Kragthorpe's offense.

Did anyone notice his recruits?  Maybe Rivals smells something.  Hope so!
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

preacherhog

Not sure about this list.  Nutt and Lee are definately two of the most offensive coaches I've ever seen.

Donny2665

Quote from: taintlint on October 18, 2007, 11:48:32 pm
I'm sorry. Gus who? Oh, the HS guy.

He will fail. He is a one...ummmm...two hit wonder in D1.

Keep drinking the Kool Aid!
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Donny2665

Quote from: preacherhog on October 19, 2007, 07:17:34 am
Not sure about this list.  Nutt and Lee are definately two of the most offensive coaches I've ever seen.

Didnt you mean Offensiveless??

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Donny2665

The Number 1 guy on the list, Joker Phillips should of been sought after by Nutt, His name alone fits in with our Coaching Staff.

hogtheball

Quote from: Hackett Hog Fan on October 19, 2007, 08:04:54 am

Didnt you mean Offensiveless??

Dude - you ruined a perfectly good pun.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

Donny2665

Quote from: rhinohog84 on October 19, 2007, 02:21:04 am

As we all know with Nutt as our Coach, Statistically we should of won many many games, it just didn't show it on the score board.

Donny2665

Quote from: hogtheball on October 19, 2007, 08:08:15 am

+1

Is that better?

HatfieldHawg

He is ranked ahead of some really respected and seasoned guys like Jimbo Fisher and Cutcliffe.  Not bad after being a college coach for 1.5 years. 

hogtheball

Quote from: Hackett Hog Fan on October 19, 2007, 08:12:09 am
Quote from: hogtheball on October 19, 2007, 08:08:15 am

+1

Is that better?

Yes.  So I see you joined the forces of justice after the Kentucky game.  Welcome.

JShipCPA

Quote from: parrishw on October 18, 2007, 09:59:45 pm
If Guz is not hired soon by a D-1 program and stays at Tulsa for a few years he will build a team that could challenge OU with the Arkansas recruits that jump over HDN's fence.

Go figure

He will not be at TU long, my friend...

densmith1

I have been interested in the discussion on this board regarding the possibility of Gus returning to Arkansas as the head football coach.  The only concern seems to be his lack of experience coaching at the D-1 level.  However, it is well documented that Gus is intelligent, organized, and handles himself with class.  I would submit to you that those three characteristics supercede lack of experience.  Also, at the end of this season, Gus will have completed his second season as a D-1 offensive co-ordinator, thus achieving a certain level of experience.

I would love to see Gus return as the head coach.  I would also like to see a change in the equipment manager, strength coach, and head trainer positions.  If Gus is given carte blanche to hire his own personnel, Arkansas would (and should) become a consistent highly ranked program.

Pickled Pig

Fire Nutt and hire the high school coach.

realistic fan

El Dogg Hog

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: densmith1 on October 19, 2007, 08:59:55 am
I have been interested in the discussion on this board regarding the possibility of Gus returning to Arkansas as the head football coach.  The only concern seems to be his lack of experience coaching at the D-1 level.  However, it is well documented that Gus is intelligent, organized, and handles himself with class.  I would submit to you that those three characteristics supercede lack of experience.  Also, at the end of this season, Gus will have completed his second season as a D-1 offensive co-ordinator, thus achieving a certain level of experience.

I would love to see Gus return as the head coach.  I would also like to see a change in the equipment manager, strength coach, and head trainer positions.  If Gus is given carte blanche to hire his own personnel, Arkansas would (and should) become a consistent highly ranked program.

Good post.  I agree, the mediocrity on this team reaches all the way down to the trainer and managers.  Fire them all, start new.

It is well documented that Gus was shocked at the lack of professionalism he saw when he got there.  The fact that he wanted to work hard and right the ship caused Dale and his mafia to resent him, because they were used to focusing on pick up b-ball and fried catfish.

Time for a change from top to bottom.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

If you go back and look they didn't have him ranked in week one and now up to number 10.  Not too shabby.
Let's make some waves.

PigPusher

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 19, 2007, 07:06:52 am
This is a perfect time to get Gus.  If your gut doesn't tell you that Gus is the man for the job then you haven't been paying attention.  We had very high expectation's for this year's team and you know how that's working out.  So why not with a down year looming bring him in for at least a 3 year shot?  We've got nothing to lose at this point.  I can't see anybody else coming in and doing any better considering the circumstances.  He was SECNATIONAL OCOY and he's now the #10 OC in the nation and having Tulsa's offense #2 in the nation.  Coincidence?  I think not.

Listen mister!  Gus walked in to a situation with a senior quarterback.  It's Kragthorpe's offense.

Do you really believe what you posted here?  Do you have an ax to grind?
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

dougieritch

October 19, 2007, 02:39:27 pm #47 Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 03:10:18 pm by dougieritch
Seeing that, I had to stop what I was doing and write him...tell him how much we miss him!    :'(

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 19, 2007, 07:06:52 am

Do you think Gus could do any worse than Nutt with a QB?  Gus stole two highly touted recruits from LR Central (Nutt's High School), pretty sad if you ask me, plus we know Kodi Burns would have come to Arkansas if Gus was there.

arkybuc

Anyone notice they have Felix as the #1 special teams guy?

go hogues

October 19, 2007, 03:27:00 pm #49 Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 03:28:53 pm by go hogues
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on October 19, 2007, 09:10:39 am
Quote from: densmith1 on October 19, 2007, 08:59:55 am

Good post.  I agree, the mediocrity on this team reaches all the way down to the trainer and managers.  Fire them all, start new.

It is well documented that Gus was shocked at the lack of professionalism he saw when he got there.  The fact that he wanted to work hard and right the ship caused Dale and his mafia to resent him, because they were used to focusing on pick up b-ball and fried catfish.

Time for a change from top to bottom.
The people that should be fired and why:

1. Frank Broyles- Already fired
2. Houston Nutt- Off field hijinx/terrible recruiting/sub .500 record
3. David Lee- Joke
4. Reggie Herring- Blowhard who is inconsistent
5. (All other Assistants, with Shibest being the first in line, will be sad to see Rocker go, but gotta start fresh)
6. Tim Cheney- Harrassment of MM was completely uncalled for
7. Dean Weber- Can't seem to keep our players healthy/past scandal
8. Don Decker- see #7
9. Chuckles- see #3
10. Jean Nail- Year after year, fields the most unattractive cheer squads in the SEC, hands down
11. Timothy Gunter- How can you make a 250 member band be so quiet?
12. John White- Personally, I would like to see him fired as well
13. Sunshine/Otis/Randy- Way overdue for pink slips

Keep: Turf Management team, that's it.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />