If the HUNH and spread are so great why are so few BIG TIME teams

Started by hogsanity, October 17, 2007, 11:43:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ark30inf

Quote from: hogsanity on October 18, 2007, 04:43:38 pm
Quote from: neahogfan22 on October 18, 2007, 04:30:37 pm
Quote from: hawgsav1 on October 18, 2007, 12:47:06 pm
Quote from: neahogfan22 on October 18, 2007, 07:26:54 am
Nobody uses it. Just Oklahoma, Tennessee, West Virginia, to name a few. Even ole Steve Roberts at ASU is running it now. It doesn't work though.........that why Bob Stoops and other great coaches run it.

Uh...when does OU use it?  They run a basic I-Formation Pro-Style offense too. Same with Tennessee, USC, Georgia, LSU, Texas, etc..  They just happen to have some wide receivers so they will sometimes split 3 wide instead of having a tight end. And still...most of those plays are not snapped in the shotgun.  Apart from WVU and Florida, no consistently good teams run it that often that I can think of (TT, but they're not in the upper echelon).  Florida didn't even run it so effectively last year b/c Chris Leak would either throw bombs to Dallas Baker or Percy Harvin while Percy would score on some crazy run plays which were NOT a staple of Urban Meyer's offense (though kudos to him for having the mind to not stick blindly with an offensively philosophy and to tailor the offense to his players).  All good teams have offensive variety in their game plans.  New England doesn't always run 4 wide but they run their two minute offense out of the 4 wide and they do it effectively.  Same way, Indianapolis runs out of a mainly I-Formation most of the time until the two minute offense.  Running a spread does NOT mean throwing in a few plays where you split 4 wide.  It means that your base offense is out of the spread.  And before you ask, I don't like Houston Nutt and I think the man cannot coach.

Your wrong. Plain and simple. The teams that I mentioned above(try reading closely) run the spread offense. Google it. Oklahoma runs the spread with some I-formation. Did you not watch them play Texas or Tulsa?

This may be part of the problem.  Alot of these teams run multiple sets and styles depending on opponent and situation. 

Thats what you have to do to some extent.  Of course being able to run multiples WELL is not easy.  Training a team, with limited practice time, to execute an option attack perfectly and also training them to execute a HUNH spread offense perfectly, and others, and have them switch back and forth in real-time.  Well, thats sort of hard.

Little Billy Jr.

Quote from: hogsanity on October 18, 2007, 04:43:38 pm
This may be part of the problem.  Alot of these teams run multiple sets and styles depending on opponent and situation. 
The problem is you continue to start threads which are no more than thinly veiled attempts to take shots at Gus Malzahn, Mitch Mustain or any other object of your Hugger hate.
Don't bother to deny it. Anyone who reads your garbage on this board knows what you are up to. I agree with the guy who suggested that you need to be banned.
In your case you should be banned for starting a mountain of useless threads in which you think you've covered up your real intentions.
The bottom line is you can't stand it that all your old arguments have been exposed. However by taking a different approach you're still trying to demonstrate that we're all going to be sorry when your hero Houston Nutt is no longer around. Don't bother to deny that either. The only reason you're not still defending him outright is that you know you'd be laughed right out of this place.

scarolinahog

North Carolina would kick Arkansas' ass right now.

Quote from: hogsanity on October 18, 2007, 10:57:48 am
Quote from: butchdavisisback on October 18, 2007, 05:06:51 am
Someone should have banned you a long time ago.

Why?  Because I dont just post Fire Nutt as the answer to everything?  If you dont like my posts, dont read them.  BTW Butch aint coming, and he aint that good anyway.  Thats why he is at NC and not a real FB school.
I POST IN CAPS CAUSE I LOVE THE JOKES!