Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another 578 yards for Tulsa. Anyone missing Gus?

Started by Chappeee, October 15, 2007, 08:31:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on October 15, 2007, 01:37:15 pm
I agree. We should definitely not hire their defensive coordinator. He's terrible.

Quote from: opineonswine on October 15, 2007, 01:40:35 pm
What does the TU defense have to do with Gus and his ability to put together the nation's #2 offense?  I'm missing something.

I've already explained why I mentioned that.

bearcathog

October 15, 2007, 02:16:08 pm #51 Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 02:18:35 pm by bearcathog
Quote from: opineonswine on October 15, 2007, 01:41:13 pm
Quote from: bearcathog on October 15, 2007, 12:48:30 pm
NO

Then you need help.

I need no help if I want to see pass, pass , NO D. 

I'll play my nephew on playstation.

Gus to Arkansas was a clustF******, bound to happen.  Saw it coming from China. 

Was one of the worst moves ever by JFB.

NEVER, Ever, Ever force an assistant on a Head Coach. 

Bring in a new Head Coach, or let current HC pick his new assistants, and stay out of the way.
"Never Trust a Bunny" Wolf to Twitchy

slopinhogs

for everyone that doesn't think Gus's spread offence will work in the sec . did you watch the Florida Ohio state game last year. the HUNH Spread is what Ohio state didn't have an answer for and it showed.

everyone is going to it but US . don't you even want to ask why?

TOP is a thing of the past and is being outdated. when you can score in 2 Min's every time you get the ball TOP doesn't matter.

there is more trap blocking and pulling in Gus's system. it gives you better angles for blocks and that is why the holes were open last year and not this year. Zone blocking is just not the ticket for the spread. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on October 15, 2007, 02:01:05 pm
Quote from: BrooklynRoss on October 15, 2007, 01:37:15 pm
I agree. We should definitely not hire their defensive coordinator. He's terrible.

Quote from: opineonswine on October 15, 2007, 01:40:35 pm
What does the TU defense have to do with Gus and his ability to put together the nation's #2 offense?  I'm missing something.

I've already explained why I mentioned that.

Ah, took a while, but I found it. (here for other's reference.)

"...The point I was making is that the defensive woes allows for more offensive plays.  Tulsa is 34th in 3rd Down Conversion Percentage while 82nd in 3rd Down Conversion Defense.  But, a lot of credit should go to Gus for his ability to use what he has (for now) and produce a very good offense."

I see what you mean and I agree with your other post about Having Gus as OC for 3 to 4 years under some sort of mentor (although I have no idea who that would be.)
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.