Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

did anyone else feel like the late hit on kodi burns was a message from nutt .

Started by tophawg19, October 14, 2007, 12:45:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PulledPork

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on October 14, 2007, 08:42:55 am
This thread is a joke. You rednecks from bfe need to stop posting. It wasn't that bad of a hit. It was a suspect call. It wasn't a blatant cheap shot. Did anyone on this board ever play football?
I figured I would find your dumb arse in this thread.....typical hugger.

Pulled out...

pimphog

Quote from: The Smiths on October 14, 2007, 12:53:56 am
No!  We get called for late hits every GD game...nothing new! 

this team has no discipline..........we have had a personal foul, late hit, roughing the passer, etc..  every single game and it makes me sick.......I blame Reggie for that bullsh*t

The real Hogules

Fairchild deserved the penality, as the "take down" was clearly out of bounds.

Stupid penalties like this one are a trademark of an HDN coached team.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

jchill

Quote from: 870hogg on October 14, 2007, 12:55:14 am
How about Fairchild acting like an ape and then bumping into Zeimba and falling down

Stop with the racial comments and do not pretend you did not know.

havok

I would have thought that... but Jerell Norton had a open shot to him as he went out of bounds..but he pulled up.  It was probably a case of Frustration and break down of mental discipline.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: NightTrain on October 14, 2007, 01:00:53 am
Quote from: Hawgballz on October 14, 2007, 12:51:56 am
The fans and coaches were too upset that it was called a late hit when the intial contact was 3 yards inbounds.  That was the loudest bitching & booing I heard all night.  It was a terrible call.

You say "initial contact" like it means something.  I you make "initial contact" in the field of play and then proceed to throw him into the ground 10 feet OOB, it IS a penalty and will be called anywhere.

I agree.  He was trying to put the exclamation point on the play 5 yds out of bounds by slinging him to the ground.  Wasn't necessary and I would have flagged him too. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

pigsooie_73

NO! He never sent him messages in High School. Why should he start messaging him in College?

RedyorNot

Late hit on Codi or helmet to helmet on Cox, I'm just glad the defense played with some fire. I'll take a late hit call every now and then to rattle the quarterback and make him think twice.

beachhawg

RebelliousHog

Quote from: RedyorNot on October 14, 2007, 10:04:38 am
Late hit on Codi or helmet to helmet on Cox, I'm just glad the defense played with some fire. I'll take a late hit call every now and then to rattle the quarterback and make him think twice.

So if the late hits and helmet to helmet plays lead to points for the other team, then it's ok because it meant we played with "fire". Not sure the NFL sees it that way. Not sure any intelligent coach (this leaves out Testicle) does either.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Thermonuclearpig

It was a message from Nutt:"Hey, Kodi-azhann, I can't coach worth a darn and the players are undisciplined too."

LSUFan

Why didn't Nutt just Text him the message or have TP email his message, like he had her do for Mitch?

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 14, 2007, 02:22:17 am
i thought it was a bad call....fred had a hold of kodi in bounds and if u notice, was already in mid turn while forcing him out of bounds...momentum carried them over.

Went back and watched it on Tivo, you are correct. Fred's feet was off of the ground BEFORE Kodi went out of bounds, and he was turning already when Kodi ran out of bounds, the momentum pulled them over.