Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

did anyone else feel like the late hit on kodi burns was a message from nutt .

Started by tophawg19, October 14, 2007, 12:45:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tophawg19

freddie fairchild is to good and experencied  player to make that stupid of a mistake . unless that was ordered from the sideline. not one coach said anything to him and he was left in the game.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ark30inf

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

riccoar

If memory serves correct he was getting congratulated for the hit and not chastised.

Hawgballz

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 14, 2007, 12:45:34 am
freddie fairchild is to good and experencied  player to make that stupid of a mistake . unless that was ordered from the sideline. not one coach said anything to him and he was left in the game.

The fans and coaches were too upset that it was called a late hit when the intial contact was 3 yards inbounds.  That was the loudest bitching & booing I heard all night.  It was a terrible call.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

RzBlade

Objection your honor, Speculation.

In the law of the United States of America, an objection is a formal protest raised in court during a trial to disallow a witness's testimony or other evidence which would be in violation of the rules of the court.

Calls for speculation: the question asks the witness to guess the answer rather than to rely on known facts

Hawgballz

Quote from: riccoar on October 14, 2007, 12:50:00 am
If memory serves correct he was getting congratulated for the hit and not chastised.

I didn't see anyone congratulate him.  Most of the players & officials were screaming at the official for throwing a flag.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

The Smiths

870hogg

How about Fairchild acting like an ape and then bumping into Zeimba and falling down

riccoar

Quote from: Hawgballz on October 14, 2007, 12:53:52 am
Quote from: riccoar on October 14, 2007, 12:50:00 am

I didn't see anyone congratulate him.  Most of the players & officials were screaming at the official for throwing a flag.
I watched it.  He hit him inbounds and then stayed on him and then threw him down after they were out of bounds.

josh_sec33

I noticed that after EVERY personal foul (3 too many) the player in question was left in the game.

Love the message being sent there.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Beebefan1992

The initial hit happened inbounds, but he carried it way too far out of bounds.  He deserved the flag.

Gomer_Says_Hey

Speaking of messages from Nutt, how about giving Nathan Emert jersey no. 16? Was that Nutt's way of giving a big middle finger to a certain segment fans?

NightTrain

Quote from: Hawgballz on October 14, 2007, 12:51:56 am
The fans and coaches were too upset that it was called a late hit when the intial contact was 3 yards inbounds.  That was the loudest bitching & booing I heard all night.  It was a terrible call.

You say "initial contact" like it means something.  I you make "initial contact" in the field of play and then proceed to throw him into the ground 10 feet OOB, it IS a penalty and will be called anywhere.

5 little pigs

Nutt's teams and especially with Herring (idiot) constantly prove there is NO discipline at all!!!  He has let them get away with anything on the field!!!  POOR COACHING!!!!

riccoar

Quote from: NightTrain on October 14, 2007, 01:00:53 am

You say "initial contact" like it means something.  I you make "initial contact" in the field of play and then proceed to throw him into the ground 10 feet OOB, it IS a penalty and will be called anywhere.
People at the game couldn't see that.  It was the right call.

Translator

did anyone see the smirk on hdn's face right before continuation of play?
Quote from: oldtimerhog
What's wrong with you?  Did you watch the Las Vegas Bowl?

Hogphilia

Yes.  I believe that they were told to do their best to rough him up....Even if it was 5 yards out of bounds.

Hogphilia

You are completely wrong....I have watched the replay....Only takes one viewing....unless you are neck deep up Nutt's ass....you can easily see that it was clearly roughing.....3 penalty flags were thrown simultaneously after the deed....Nobody hesitated as it was crystal clear.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

dacskc

Quote from: 5 little pigs on October 14, 2007, 01:02:32 am
Nutt's teams and especially with Herring (idiot) constantly prove there is NO discipline at all!!!  He has let them get away with anything on the field!!!  POOR COACHING!!!!

You mean on and OFF the field. If they are basically rewarded for that kind of nonsense, why stop?

Nap

First of all, it was obviously a penalty.  No one who saw the game can dispute that.

Second of all, while I totally understand the players wanting to do that, I don't think it was ordered by HDN.  He's a dumbass coach who's made a lot of stupid mistakes, but I don't see Nutt telling his players to "take out" or "rough up" another player just because he chose a different school.
I still can't believe that Fuzzy's is gone...

SPAL

i thought it was a bad call....fred had a hold of kodi in bounds and if u notice, was already in mid turn while forcing him out of bounds...momentum carried them over.

I dont think it was foul play at all.

just one mans opinion....i know yall are all lookin for reasons to crucify the nutt, and it wouldnt suprise me if nuttless did order a hit on kodi....but not on this play.

DeltaBoy

Yes Nutt is the one who order the code red on Mitch sure he would do this to one who spurned his advances.   Nutt is just like a jilted lover.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

wooo

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 14, 2007, 02:22:17 am
i thought it was a bad call....fred had a hold of kodi in bounds and if u notice, was already in mid turn while forcing him out of bounds...momentum carried them over.

just one mans opinion....i know yall are all lookin for reasons to crucify the nutt, and it wouldnt suprise me if nuttless did order a hit on kodi....but not on this play.

he did have him while in bounds

then he proceded to stay with him while out of bounds which is fine

it was the "flip him over and drive him into the turf" some 8-10 yards outside of the field of play that is the difference betweeen a bad call and a bonehead play

jimmur74

I dont like Nutt but thats a ridiculous notion...sorry

ckhawgu

humphrey

Quote from: 870hogg on October 14, 2007, 12:55:14 am
How about Fairchild acting like an ape and then bumping into Zeimba and falling down

That was about the funniest thing I have seen in years!  Fairchild just drew a personal foul, but in classic Nutt fashion, he celebrated a play that hurt his team.  Then, while he was celebrating, he ran into Lee Zeimba and fell right to the ground.  It could have been symbolic, or foreshadowing, or poetic justice.  But it was also hilarious.  My wife even laughed at that one.

hogs25

Quote from: Hogphilia on October 14, 2007, 02:17:23 am

You are completely wrong....I have watched the replay....Only takes one viewing....unless you are neck deep up Nutt's ass....you can easily see that it was clearly roughing.....3 penalty flags were thrown simultaneously after the deed....Nobody hesitated as it was crystal clear.

Exactly.  The fans started booing when KB entered the game.  T don't know if FF fed off that negative energy or it was a code red by the nut but it was definitely a late hit out of bounds. 

rivervalleyrazorback

It was classless and Fairchild should have been taken about of the game, chewed out, and then put back in.  It is hard to be a proud Hog fan these days!

Hogphilia

Quote from: Nap on October 14, 2007, 02:22:13 am
First of all, it was obviously a penalty.  No one who saw the game can dispute that.

Second of all, while I totally understand the players wanting to do that, I don't think it was ordered by HDN.  He's a dumbass coach who's made a lot of stupid mistakes, but I don't see Nutt telling his players to "take out" or "rough up" another player just because he chose a different school.

How about a "code red" on someone who called him a dork when they were in high school?

PigSnort

The play wasn't on Burns, was it?  I thot he pitched it to the running back?

Hogphilia

Hell, they teach this....2 weeks ago Vaughn was hitting a dummy on the field and the entire coaching staff swarmed him in a display of emotions to show our players how to taunt and show off....That encourages boneheaded plays like the roughing penalty....

hogtheball

Quote from: humphrey on October 14, 2007, 07:32:28 am
Quote from: 870hogg on October 14, 2007, 12:55:14 am

That was about the funniest thing I have seen in years!  Fairchild just drew a personal foul, but in classic Nutt fashion, he celebrated a play that hurt his team.  Then, while he was celebrating, he ran into Lee Zeimba and fell right to the ground.  It could have been symbolic, or foreshadowing, or poetic justice.  But it was also hilarious.  My wife even laughed at that one.

Even funnier - he thought Ziemba knocked him down.  When he got up, he started yelling smack at LZ.  What an idiot!     
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

parrishw

Fairchild is an idiot and his coach is Reggie Herring.

That obvious throwing a player down after they were both OOB and then just a few plays later a pass interference call look like a player that does not know the rules or his coaches do not tell him he has to follow the rules.

If not for Dacus's hit causing the fumble the game would have been over at that point and we could have listed Fairchild as having 30 yds as a gainer for Auburn

kdogstew

I'll actually defend Nutt on this.

I presume that was a message from Herring.  Not so much Nutt.

FBPLAYER65

This thread is a joke. You rednecks from bfe need to stop posting. It wasn't that bad of a hit. It was a suspect call. It wasn't a blatant cheap shot. Did anyone on this board ever play football?

LSUFan

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on October 14, 2007, 08:42:55 am
This thread is a joke. You rednecks from bfe need to stop posting. It wasn't that bad of a hit. It was a suspect call. It wasn't a blatant cheap shot. Did anyone on this board ever play football?

I played for LSU in 1986.

It was a cheap shot on Kodi

parrishw

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on October 14, 2007, 08:42:55 am

Your don't know what you are talking about. I played plenty of football and it was a blatant late hit and was out of line. I don't berlieve any of the coaches told Fairchild to go after Burns.
I just believe Fairchild is a poorly coached and poorly disciplined player.

If you have played football you should know the difference

You are the joke

judgeroyswine

You guys watch too many Soprano reruns. 

It was just ANOTHER boneheaded play by a team marked by boneheaded plays. (See last 9 seasons for evidence)
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

hogtheball

It was obviously a personal foul.  Only a blatant homer could possibly see it any other way - and yes, I played football.  99 out of 100 refs would have called that one the same way.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

NMMIHog

Message from Nutt? THat was the first thing I thought of whne it happened.

razorbass

We have been getting allot of personal fouls for hitting out of bound this year, or for hitting period for that matter.

ArrowSupporter

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 14, 2007, 02:22:17 am

You are blind. He threw a quarterback to the ground out of bounds. If you think you can get away with that without seeing flags fly. WOW!

tophawg19

yes i played football and had a coach who taught that stuff. he would have been proud of that play.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

GrumpyHog

Quote from: Hogphilia on October 14, 2007, 02:15:13 am
Yes.  I believe that they were told to do their best to rough him up....Even if it was 5 yards out of bounds.

I have to agree with you. it was my excat thoughts last night when it happened. Send a message to Kodi, love reggie.

slopinhogs

the hit inbouids was ok ,but he knew what he was doing ,and deserved the flag. we made so many dumb mistakes last night i quit counting. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

LSUFan

Quote from: GrumpyHog on October 14, 2007, 09:04:37 am

I have to agree with you. it was my excat thoughts last night when it happened. Send a message to Kodi, love reggie.
Yep, b/c you noticed the tempo of the defense click up a notch or two when Kodi came in.

GrumpyHog

Quote from: LSUFan on October 14, 2007, 09:14:36 am
Quote from: GrumpyHog on October 14, 2007, 09:04:37 am

Yep, b/c you noticed the tempo of the defense click up a notch or two when Kodi came in.

LSU your right it did and this is what made me think it was a message from Reggie. The D had been waiting all night for a chance, and when they got it they delievered the note. Had to be why Fairchild was acting so cocky afterwards and why he wasnt  pulled from the game. Sick.