Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blackledge's taste of the town

Started by Fatman, October 11, 2007, 06:50:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatman

Where should Todd Blackledge go for his taste of the town segment for the game Saturday night?? Herman's gets my vote!!!

Cornhogio

Is Blackledge doing the game?  I thought Mussberger was doing it.
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

outlawhogeywells

Taste of the town.....Does on Dickson....
Hugos, Mama Z's, Guido's Pizza, Pesto Cafe

3kgthog

nychog

First choice would be Doe's.  Second choice would probably be the Catfish Hole. (I think that's the name).

softballguy8

My guess is he will go to AQ Chicken ... not the best place in town, but not a bad choice.
Coach Petrino ... Welcome to Arkansas!

Doyle Hograves

***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

holman24

solix

Hawgasaurus

The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

dirthog

he cant go to does its a mississippi thang
"This is no dress rehearsal, we are professionals and this is the big time"- Waylon Jennings

Veritas Arkansas

Whole Hog Cafe, now open in Fayetteville.

What's better on Game Day than good BBQ? Nothing
Where can you find better BBQ in Arkansas than Whole Hog Cafe?  Nowhere
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

The Professor

----All games should be in Fayetteville PERIOD----

Bama Hog™

October 11, 2007, 08:47:07 am #15 Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 09:00:38 am by Bama Hog
Taco Tico in Springdale for a taco burger with green chili sauce. Can't be beat!
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

The Marmot

Hermans, Bordinos, Mary Maestris..... or Catfish Hole if he wants real casual.

Not Doe's... the only realy good Doe's is the original in Greenville, MS and the one in LR.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

The Marmot

Quote from: Razorback56 on October 11, 2007, 08:47:52 am
All Doe's are unique to their city, though.  They don't all have the same menu and definitely don't have the same crap on the walls.

Does is owned by a U of A alum and is run by U of A students and Ex students.  And it's steaks are much better than herman's.

You're right, and this Doe's isn't that good compared to LR and the original.... and definitely not better than Hermans.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

LordStanleysHog

Quote from: Razorback56 on October 11, 2007, 08:34:03 am
Pete's Place at the bowling alley would have had to be it, but it's closed now.  Ooh, fried mushrooms at 2 a.m.  Miss me some pete's.

Otherwise, can't beat a doe's 2 inch thick porterhouse of fillet.  Herman's ain't got nothin on it.

they had the best BLT... man i can almost taste it... and Good God he's not going to a second rate Doe's, he's going to go somewhere original, somewhere that is native to Fayetteville or the surrounding local area... please stop saying Doe's, it's not even one of the Top 2 Doe's... you people need to get out more...

The Marmot

Quote from: Razorback56 on October 11, 2007, 08:51:20 am
I've been told by little rock people that the LR doe's sucks compared to Fayetteville doe's

I've heard different, and experienced different.... but its all a matter of opinion.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Tusks

harmans.....its about finding the local joint with great food....college town feel......the more of a hole in the wall the better as long as the food is great......hermans.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

SteelShot

Quote from: Razorback56 on October 11, 2007, 08:34:03 am
Pete's Place at the bowling alley would have had to be it, but it's closed now.  Ooh, fried mushrooms at 2 a.m.  Miss me some pete's.

Otherwise, can't beat a doe's 2 inch thick porterhouse of fillet.  Herman's ain't got nothin on it.

I haven't thought about Pete's at 2 a.m. in a long time. I remeber that I left my cell phone up there one night and Ms. Mary (I think that was here name) had taken 4 messages for me from that night when I finally tracked the phone down the next day.  The "Western Amlette", the fried mushrooms with ranch, the bomb that would be droped approximately 4 hours later every morning. 

I want to go back to college. 
"Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint!"

CusefaninAR

gobcssaints

October 11, 2007, 09:05:08 am #23 Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 09:09:07 am by gobcssaints
"Hugo's" on the square? 

He should hit Maxine's after the game.

hogmichael

softballguy8

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: CusefaninAR on October 11, 2007, 09:04:48 am
Penguin Ed's

Nasty and disgusting.  Whole Hog and Lucky Lukes are both world's better than Penguin Ed's.

The Marmot

Quote from: RazorbackDem on October 11, 2007, 09:07:51 am
Penguin Ed's

Nasty and disgusting.  Whole Hog and Lucky Lukes are both world's better than Penguin Ed's.

Thats just silly.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

The Marmot

Quote from: softballguy8 on October 11, 2007, 09:06:38 am
Burger Plus ... they deliver

Nice BP reference. We lived on that place during high school and college. Still perfect for Saturday hangovers.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

softballguy8

Quote from: RazorbackDem on October 11, 2007, 09:07:51 am
Penguin Ed's

You must be part owner of one of these places.

Veritas Arkansas

I will say, I only went to Penguin Ed's once, and that was my freshman year here (2003).  I was about as unimpressed with it as I have been any BBQ in my life.  In addition, any time any event has catered BBQ on the hill now, it's Penguin Ed's.  After waiting for it to wow me for 5 years, I gave up and switched alliances.  Whole Hog for the win!

And no, I'm not part owner of either. 

Rocktownhog

doe's, hermans, or the catfish hole
GO HOGS!

Rocktownhog

Quote from: Razorback56 on October 11, 2007, 09:19:43 am
I ate the penguin ed's on crossover about 5 years ago and really liked it.  went back about a month ago and was not impressed.

Now lucky luke's is some good stuff, though.

yeah i live pretty close to the crossover penquin ed's and its definitely not my favorite BBQ....im kinda partial to sims in LR though
GO HOGS!

foghornshog

I could always hook him up with some insanity wings!

The Marmot

Quote from: foghornshog on October 11, 2007, 09:28:31 am
I could always hook him up with some insanity wings!

He would need to be able to function at the game....... :)

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Rocktownhog

hell yeah, im sure he would love those. that would be awesome if he could man up and take those down on national tv
GO HOGS!

UAfan

I'm sayn either Herman's...Hogo's...or Doe's

orvillesghost

I miss the old Minute Man on College, great melted cheese on the burger, in fact I miss all the Minute Man restaurants

days gone by alas

Fatty McGee

If we're talking all of NWA, the best steaks are at Mr. B's, former owner of Hermanns.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Michael_Porkleone

bigyellowdog

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

he should probably go to that gay bar...lol  Im just saying....j/k people lighten up
Let's make some waves.

intoxhog

Herman's is the most overrated place to eat in NWA IMO. Much better places to go.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

or maybe bottoms up...hee hee  talk about scaring a guy right out of town..
Let's make some waves.

intoxhog

Quoteor maybe bottoms up

Oh wow, the only thing that place is missing is a donkey show.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

SteelShot

Quote from: Razorback56 on October 11, 2007, 09:10:58 am
CASA TACO!!  oh wait, it's gone too...  loved some breakfast casadias at 3 a.m.

To slow on the delivery.  I was always passed out my the time the Casa T guy came around.  Plus, on of the delivery guys got his butt kicked while making a delivery at our fraternity house so they wouldn't even deliver to us. 
"Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint!"

Hawgasaurus

Quote from: intoxhog on October 11, 2007, 10:16:23 am
Herman's is the most overrated place to eat in NWA IMO. Much better places to go.

Or is it the best place to get an over priced steak with a hair on it? Hmmmm?
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

intoxhog

October 11, 2007, 10:22:36 am #47 Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 10:24:40 am by intoxhog
QuoteCASA TACO!!  oh wait, it's gone too...  loved some breakfast casadias at 3 a.m.

Man i miss that place and their chicken and cheese nacho's. dude there taco's were so grizzy though you would have to eat the taco's with in 5 min or they fell apart.

kRazorback

Quote from: hogfanintx on October 11, 2007, 10:16:33 am
or maybe bottoms up...hee hee  talk about scaring a guy right out of town..

You tippin tonight? (as she wipes snot from nose).....

lmao +1

OnYourToes

October 11, 2007, 10:25:22 am #49 Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 10:26:57 am by OnYourToes
Quote from: hogapalooza on October 11, 2007, 09:02:53 am
WILLY D's Piano Bar on Dickson.  It will be cold outside, but HOT in there. 

Waistin' away again in Margaritaville,
Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt.
Where's the salt?  Where's the salt?  Where's the. . . . . . . . . . you get the idea  ;)
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!