Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sunshine Rick, No New Coach Next Year!

Started by Fence Jockey, October 10, 2007, 05:00:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fence Jockey

Shunsine Rick just said from his point of view @ in sources, Arkansas will NOT have a new coach next year. He just came right out & said we will not have a coaching change come 08! Sounds like he has some inside info from the powers that be on the hill.  Does that mean that the powers that be are going to ignore all of the Razorbacks fans wants except for a chosen few?

Did we happen to hear a slip of whats to come by those who run the show from an "Insider"?

judgeroyswine

This is what you say when you know the person will leave on their own.  Eventually Rick will say that the PTB had no plans for change, but Houston decided to leave on his own.

There will be a coaching change, believe me.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

stevenwayneslane

Rick was wrong about Stan Heath too. I think we will see a change. How could you possably keep the guy whom can't win consitatly. He hasn't got anymore free passes left. Daddy Frank will be gone now.

welchog

He said GM and MM were not going anywhere as well.  Can't believe anything Sunshine spews.

porkurina

DSW

Quote from: Fence Jockey on October 10, 2007, 05:00:45 pm
Shunsine Rick just said from his point of view @ in sources, Arkansas will NOT have a new coach next year. He just came right out & said we will not have a coaching change come 08! Sounds like he has some inside info from the powers that be on the hill.  Does that mean that the powers that be are going to ignore all of the Razorbacks fans wants except for a chosen few?

Did we happen to hear a slip of whats to come by those who run the show from an "Insider"?

No, it means they are ignoring the chosen few.

BradyHolzhauer

Rick fahts rainbows. 
Arkansas absolutely will have a coaching change in '08.  I have no doubts.  I don't have an insider source, but Craig O' Neill told me BEFORE the season started that he would be "SHOCKED" if Houston Nutt came back next season in spite of how this season progresses.

Reaganite

This from the man that said Gus Malzahn wasn't going ANYWHERE.

Geeesh.  That's like the kiss of death for Nutt then.

AFBack

budcampbellfan

Rick puts out the BAC misinformation.  Pure BULL.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

jamie72921

I will not believe Nutt is leaving until the day after it has been made official.
Bless your heart

aristotle

He said the same thing about Nolan right before he was fired. He "guaranteed" us that Billy Gillipsie was our next coach.

It's safe to say this guy is not fully credible.

Chad In Real Life

Rick is a drunk.

If
A)  Houston is not asked to leave the BAC are idiots
B)  If Houston does not want to leave He's an idiot
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

Oliver

Quote from: opineonswine on October 10, 2007, 05:09:52 pm
Rick prob. got that info from the Dead Man that is Walkin' himself. 

"Spread the word.  There isn't any buyout."

hog_heaven_2000

Quote from: BradyHolzhauer on October 10, 2007, 05:06:17 pm
Rick fahts rainbows. 
Arkansas absolutely will have a coaching change in '08.  I have no doubts.  I don't have an insider source, but Craig O' Neill told me BEFORE the season started that he would be "SHOCKED" if Houston Nutt came back next season in spite of how this season progresses.

Well, if Craig O'Neill said it . . . 
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

aristotle

Unless Rick's source is Jeff Long himself, he might want to keep his mouth shut. His source may not even have a job next year. Too make a statement like this is foolishness, but pure Rick S.

BradyHolzhauer

give me the phone number for DTS. I'm tired of this crap. I'm calling in.  What's the number???

Oliver

Quote from: BradyHolzhauer on October 10, 2007, 05:13:27 pm
give me the phone number for DTS. I'm tired of this crap. I'm calling in.  What's the number???

501-433-1037 I think.

Albert Einswine

He's right.  No new coach next year.

When Nutt leaves after the end of this season, the man hired to replace him will in fact not be new to coaching. 

He will have coached previously and if he has a pulse and can fog up a mirror will be an instant upgrade to the dullard prancing around our sidelines at present.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

The real Hogules

October 10, 2007, 05:15:57 pm #19 Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 05:19:02 pm by The real Hogules
Rainbow Rick could give Baghdad Bob a run for his money as the Minister of Disinformation!   ::)
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

PIGINAPOKE

The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

BradyHolzhauer

It's always busy.  I'm e-mailing them.  I'll find it...just wait.

3kgthog

Everyone gets a vote of confidence before the hammer falls.

budcampbellfan

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 10, 2007, 05:14:08 pm
He's right.  No new coach next year.

When Nutt leaves after the end of this season, the man hired to replace him will in fact not be new to coaching. 

He will have coached previously and if he has a pulse and can fog up a mirror will be an instant upgrade to the dullard prancing around our sidelines at present.
That Rick, sure knows how to turn a phrase. :D
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

hillhog

Quote from: jamie72921 on October 10, 2007, 05:09:04 pm
I will not believe Nutt is leaving until the day after it has been made official.
Ditto

hillhog

Quote from: FarrelHog on October 10, 2007, 05:10:22 pm
Rick is a drunk.

If
I think A and B are both a known fact at this point. Do you have a c or maybe d that we can count on?

hog_heaven_2000

Quote from: Oliver Miller on October 10, 2007, 05:13:56 pm

501-433-1037 I think.

If you can't get through on that line, try 800-477-1037.
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

BradyHolzhauer

I e-mailed Randy Rainwater that list of questions for Houston Nutt that I am using in my article for my paper next week.  Let's see what he does with it.  I even mentioned how "I felt it was appropriate to send to you because of DTS' known avid support for coach Nutt"

haha

BradyHolzhauer

Quote from: hog_heaven_2000 on October 10, 2007, 05:24:07 pm
Quote from: Oliver Miller on October 10, 2007, 05:13:56 pm

501-433-1037 I think.

If you can't get through on that line, try 800-477-1037.

Busy, as well.
I got in Sports Rap on my first try a few weeks ago.  I have never gotten on the line for DTS.  They must know I'm coming for them...

taintlint

He is gone.

IMHO, Houston WILL NOT BE FIRED. He will quit.

No one can endure this hatred. He knows the writing is on the wall. He is miserable. His family is miserable.

Nutt will quit. PERIOD.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: taintlint on October 10, 2007, 05:29:56 pm
He is gone.

IMHO, Houston WILL NOT BE FIRED. He will quit.

No one can endure this hatred. He knows the writing is on the wall. He is miserable. His family is miserable.

Nutt will quit. PERIOD.

I wonder if he'll have the stones to tell his coach this time.  I hope he won't have to get his mommy to make the call for him.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

War Warthog

Is Rick's source the same as where he got the Kodi Burns info?

Resignation called, brutha!

RhodeHog

If that's true ticket sales will plummet.

grayhawg

Rick saying HDN will be back for 2008 means so long Houston, I get a new butt to kizz next year. ;D

DooDahman

Quote from: FarrelHog on October 10, 2007, 05:10:22 pm
Rick is a drunk.

If
I don't know about Rick being a drunk but I think his barber is.

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

gomersnerd

His barber  does a good job on Larry,Curly and Shemp.
It's time to burn a lower case "t" in his yard to tell him "It's time for you to go".

Razorcd424

There are people at the University that are very nervous right now.  The Razorbacks are at a crossroads this saturday.  If they win it might somewhat salvage the season and make to a second tier type bowl.  But if they lose chances are players, fans, assistant coaches etc might let go of the rope and in my opinion Houston would not last the rest of the season.

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: judgeroyswine on October 10, 2007, 05:04:24 pm
This is what you say when you know the person will leave on their own.  Eventually Rick will say that the PTB had no plans for change, but Houston decided to leave on his own.

There will be a coaching change, believe me.
I agree. I think if he leaves it won't be an overt "firing." I think the BAC will find a way to allow him to save face (and hopefully preserve some degree of desirability for another school).

Hogzilla

Well said, Judgeroyswine.  I believe that's exactly what will happen.

forrest city joe

Quote from: jamie72921 on October 10, 2007, 05:09:04 pm
Im with you. i will believe it when he,s gone. i dont trust White or the BOT,s.

Wayne Watson

Rick says his "inside" sources tell him 6-6 and DMW stays.  Anyone believe that?
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

LSUFan

RICK IS CORRECT!

The coaching change will come on November 24th, 2007 NOT Next Year!  :P

You people need to learn to speak Clintonese.

grayhawg

Quote from: wayne1958 on October 10, 2007, 06:28:03 pm
Rick says his "inside" sources tell him 6-6 and DMW stays.  Anyone believe that?
If sunshine said it its got to be so.............wrong.

Oliver

Sometimes I do believe the UA would allow that to happen.  They've already allowed it to happen once already.

Faithful Hog

I used to think highly of Rick years ago.  I've never said a cross word against him.  I've struggled to reconcile who he claims to be with what he chooses to say and who he chooses to support.  I can only think of three reasons why he would continue to adamantly support Nutt.

1.  He truly believes Houston is man of integrity.
2.  He believes it's not Christian to say anything bad about anyone.
3.  He supports Nutt for his own personal benefit.

If it's number one, he's not a very discerning individual.  He needs to take the rainbow colored glasses off.

If it's number two, why has he taken others to task for their "mistakes", but not Nutt?  For example, he took a shot at Mitch's integrity for his decommitment.  He later apologized after he got hammered over it, but he still took the liberty to throw that out there.  I think there's some truth to number two being the case with Rick; however, someone needs to point out to him that a Christian is supposed to be "the salt and light" to the world, not just the light.  That means telling the TRUTH even when it hurts.

If it's number three, he's welcome to follow Nutt wherever he goes, and he can forget being regarded as a man of integrity himself.  We don't need anymore spin right now.  It's time to get off the merry-go-round and throw up so we can all feel better.

Whatever the case may be, I've lost a lot of respect for him in recent years.  I once thought highly of both he and his wife, Maurie.  Rick needs to take an objective look at recent history and take a stand for the truth.  Optimists are valuable to every organization, but they can be detrimental when the ship really is sinking.

biggiepiggie

Heck even Pat Jones knows Houston is history.

slopinhogs

if you believe Rick you probably want to buy this swamp land i have down in Florida ,it's called the Everglades care to make an a offer. ;) :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

bigyellowdog

According to Rick, Gus called all of the plays last season. 

VRaptor

I bet Stan Heath doesn't :)