Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sexton allegedly shopping Dork to....

Started by mrp, October 08, 2007, 10:32:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: BigDeal on October 08, 2007, 10:46:46 pm
I HOPE he coaches at Memphis next year !
It's not often that I can genuinely say that I agree with BigDeal.

A Boy Named Sue E.

Quote from: mrp on October 08, 2007, 10:32:48 pm
Baylor and Memphis.

Memphis is supposed to be interested.

I would be happy if he went to either one....immediately if not sooner.
You do realize, don't you, that you make it harder for Jimmy to shop him  when you refer to him as a dork?

biggiepiggie

If Baylor and Memphis are not interested would Arkansas State be?

BradyHolzhauer

prairiehogcompanion

Memphis and Nutt were made for each other.

MysticHog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on October 08, 2007, 10:34:16 pm
Memphis is not far enough out of town.  He could be home on weekends.

You are right we could still smell the stinch from there.

Cresthog

Quote from: biggiepiggie on October 09, 2007, 09:45:54 am

Steve Roberts is doing a fine job in Jonesboro these days...i think people should be asking are we interested?

razornole

Quote from: BradyHolzhauer on October 09, 2007, 09:55:25 am
Sources anyone?

dunno about the Tiger part, but I saw a Baylor MB that was talking about hiring the dork
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: TN_Realist on October 08, 2007, 10:53:40 pm
He wouldn't stoop to a Memphis level. He would go to Baylor

I think he's leveraged himself to a point to where he can't be too picky.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

hawkhog

I posted a few weeks ago...having HDN at Memphis will cause the UofA to lose a few recruits each year the same way that Tulsa is now getting better Arkansas recruits...so I hope it ends up at Baylor in beautiful Waco Texas.  Remember they initially embraced David Koresh (spelling?) so I am sure a 'god-like' individual like like HDN will thrive in the don't ask don't tell community of Waco...

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: hawkhog on October 09, 2007, 10:03:14 am
I posted a few weeks ago...having HDN at Memphis will cause the UofA to lose a few recruits each year the same way that Tulsa is now getting better Arkansas recruits...so I hope it ends up at Baylor in beautiful Waco Texas.  Remember they initially embraced David Koresh (spelling?) so I am sure a 'god-like' individual like like HDN will thrive in the don't ask don't tell community of Waco...

WACO= We Ain't Coming Out  ;D
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Hoggish1

Baylor and Memphis.

MRP,

Your avatar is perfect.  Please take sunshine to Waco with nutt so there can be two wacos in Waco.

Hoggish1

Quote from: booogaga on October 08, 2007, 10:36:23 pm
i want him to go to hawaii  , thats far enough. does nome have a team? that would suffice as well

Too far NORTH.

CusefaninAR

I heard UALR was the only program that would touch him.

Since 1894

If I was HDN, and the money was about the same, I think he would have a better chance of winning at Memphis rather than Baylor.  But Memphis is in CUSA with Tulsa.  How often do they play each other.  That may be a consideration.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

CusefaninAR

Quote from: StanHog on October 08, 2007, 11:29:10 pm

He needs to go to Baylor over Memphis b/c it is further south. He's a better coach the further south he goes.

He needs to go to Tierra del Fuego, then.

DeltaBoy

Nutt is ( a good BAPTIST layman ) and he should go to a ( GOOD BAPTIST SCHOOL) Baylor.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Happy Hogger

Would Sexton's job be easier without all the expert help from this board?  This thread contradicts the mantra by so many overzealous fans saying "I only want what is best for the program", emphatically denying that regardless how over the top a behaviour might be, it will not be harmful to the program.  I understand that some of the thread is venting, but I fail to see how this kind of talk helps a favorable outcome.  Seems to me, the better the job he can fall into is better for the University, no payouts, less animosity, etc.  Whether he deserves all he is getting now, should not be our motivation, getting him gone and moving forward, limiting collateral damages seems to be the better goal.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Dugann on October 08, 2007, 11:12:46 pm
i totally dislike nutt.  But he would do totally great at Memphis

look i want him gone today.   but 7 bowls in 9 season in the SEC on a team that was down when he got here.  yea he'll do well there.   I think the Big 12 ..ACC... even big East he'll do well....just as long as he dose well away from here.  sort of funny that Baylor, Memphis are the 2 sexton shopping him too after

Nebraska, LSU, was after him.  baggage? sexton knows it.

he'll take what he can get right now.

with this info, it says hdn is giving up on his team.  he should quit now or he is getting ready for the axe that will fall if he looses to auburn.

Why wait till he loses to Auburn and we are embarassed at home.  He should be fired today and give us a
chance for the rest of the season and a chance to save DMac from greater injury.

snortyann

what happened to the idea of him going to OSU?
wouldn't they embrace their own?

DeltaBoy

Gundy will back he stands UP for his players unlike NUTT who runs them off code reds them or throws them under the bus during his postgame commentary.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

tulsadst

Quote from: stupig on October 09, 2007, 10:20:44 am
what happened to the idea of him going to OSU?
wouldn't they embrace their own?

You're going on the assumption that OSU is planning to get rid of Gundy.  After last weekend's choke job in the loss to aTm, I'm sure Pokes fans are starting to get tired of what they are seeing.  But, I don't know if it's to the point where they are ready to run Gundy out of Stillwater just yet.

Main issue with Gundy:  Is T. Boone Pickens (Big Daddy Checkbook) still OK with Gundy?  If so, the OSU job is not an option for HDN...

GO HOGS!            :razorback:

claycohog

I have a post about the Memphis job in the rumor forum.  I originally heard about it last Thursday, but never could get it confirmed by anyone.  Second and third hand info doesn't get you much on the board, but I am relieved that someone else has heard the rumor.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Happy Hogger on October 09, 2007, 10:18:06 am
Would Sexton's job be easier without all the expert help from this board?  This thread contradicts the mantra by so many overzealous fans saying "I only want what is best for the program", emphatically denying that regardless how over the top a behaviour might be, it will not be harmful to the program.  I understand that some of the thread is venting, but I fail to see how this kind of talk helps a favorable outcome.  Seems to me, the better the job he can fall into is better for the University, no payouts, less animosity, etc.  Whether he deserves all he is getting now, should not be our motivation, getting him gone and moving forward, limiting collateral damages seems to be the better goal.
This would be a great scenario in "perfect world". Trouble is we're dealing with liars, cheats and people who hurt kids for their own gain. You deal with these types with force. Passive aggressive gets ya Nutt till his contract is up. No thank you, been here done that. I say keep the fire under his rear till he and all his type are purged from the beautiful landscape of the Nam!

JShipCPA

Quote from: Gushugger on October 08, 2007, 11:17:49 pm
You can add Texas A&M to the list of schools Sexton has had contact with.

Not trying to be cute, how do people on here know with whom Sexton has made contact regarding Hooten???

taintlint

3 pages of crap based on what someone said on a Baylor message board

Tools

kimjongsqUeAl

Baylor and Memphis.

Won't get my hopes up until I see the press conference announcing HDN is leaving.  But I hope you're right.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

BroyledNutts

October 09, 2007, 10:57:19 am #77 Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 11:05:27 am by BroyledNutts
You're supposed to light the end of the WITHOUT the filter... This board, or ANY content on this website has no bearing on what the BAC does or what happens to Nutt.... The PTB knows all too well about this site and its content, and they're not going to spend a MINUTE of their time checking out opinions they don't really care about in the first place...And if you think they do, you've been smoking the wrong end of the cigarette...

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: BroyledNutts on October 09, 2007, 10:57:19 am
You're supposed to light the end of the WITHOUT the filter... This board, or ANY content on this website has no bearing on what the BAC does or what happens to Nutt.... The PTB knows all too well about this site and its content, and they're not going to spend a MINUTE of their time checking out opinions they don't really care about in the first place...And if you think they do, you've been smoking the wrong end of the cigarette...
We don't want them on here any way. They've proven their intelligence(football and management wise) many times over. I hope they'll just fade away and never be heard from again. From the Board Chair to the Pres. to the Chancellor all the way to the waterboy. Fire em all , let God weed out the lies and misdoings as the Hog fans are demanding change!

mclyte

Quote from: missippihog on October 08, 2007, 11:05:24 pm
You can forget Memphis, Tommy West has another year there, especially after the shooting death of his player. He won't be out of a job unless he has another losing record next year.

If thats the case.... Larry Coker didn't get a good bargain on this deal.  He lost a player due to being shot and they canned him as well.  I don't think that losing a player will help or not help him keep his job in anyway.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: taintlint on October 09, 2007, 10:51:49 am

Tools

Doesn't take much to get folks excited about losing Nutt.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

twistitup

Rutgers...he ought to go to Rutgers- they would love him up there
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

FT LNG CHILI HOG

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on October 08, 2007, 10:34:16 pm
Memphis is not far enough out of town.  He could be home on weekends.
now that's funny right there.....lol...

Bama Hog™

Quote from: gmb_79 on October 08, 2007, 11:43:00 pm
Hopefully Sexton is better at his job than his client is at his...   ;D

He is a winner and a fighter. Something special. A Razorback through and through.
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

Bama Hog™

Quote from: Cresthog on October 09, 2007, 09:59:06 am
Quote from: biggiepiggie on October 09, 2007, 09:45:54 am

Steve Roberts is doing a fine job in Jonesboro these days...i think people should be asking are we interested?

Ummmm.....No.
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

Happy Hogger

Broyled, thanks for the smoking advice.  But where in my thread did I say anything about your "PTB"?  Only expressed my opinion that that I felt that Sexton would do a better job without the constant fixation that so many have on their "Nutts", whether it be on the internet, buzzing the stadium, bogging down the justice system, or whatever. 

razornole

Tools

you are adding what?
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

CusefaninAR

Quote from: twistitup on October 09, 2007, 12:53:07 pm
Rutgers...he ought to go to Rutgers- they would love him up there

Yeah, can you imagine Slinky recruiting in downtown Piscataway?

Bama Hog™

Tools

Anyone got a taintlint remover on them?

respirback

Quote from: 67Hog on October 08, 2007, 10:57:09 pm

What is the Baptist position on massive text messaging an attractive woman and television personality who is not your wife?  They should have plenty of experience with this sort of thing.

They never had a problem with Bill Clinton.  Nutt pales in comparison.

gjohnson80

The fan base of A&M is familliar with Nuttless and would use the AD office for a bonfire if he were hired.

havok

Memphis would be smart to go a few miles West North West and try and get Roberts.  he is 1000 Times a better coach.

Chris

Baylor would be perfect for Nutt. They celebrate moral victories and mediocrity.
Ready for the Hogs to take the next step.

BigDeal

Quote from: havok on October 09, 2007, 01:57:13 pm
Memphis would be smart to go a few miles West North West and try and get Roberts.  he is 1000 Times a better coach.

While Roberts is a good coach, I disagree he would be a better choice than Houston. Nutt can bring name recognition and enthusiasm to a program that much needs it.

hogcard100

Who's Sexton and where's the link "he's shopping Nutt"?

NaturalStateReb

The latest I heard was Baylor and Okie State, but who knows.

If Nutt goes 6-1, however unlikely that may be, we may all be back here next season having this same conversation.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

BigDeal

Quote from: hogcard100 on October 09, 2007, 02:54:45 pm
Who's Sexton and where's the link "he's shopping Nutt"?

Sexton is Jerry Maguire and Nutt is Rod Tidwell.  Its all about showing him the M-O-N-E-Y !

Buff

he wont go to Memphis.  he doesnt want to coach in the same conference as Gus.

RT1941

Let's buy a banner for Memphis and fly it over their football field that says "Just call Houston Nutt Pee Pee, he's all Miss"
[/quote]

Hillarious!   LMAO!
RazorTusk!!!!

RT1941

Quote from: Chris on October 09, 2007, 02:36:46 pm
Baylor would be perfect for Nutt. They celebrate moral victories and mediocrity.

Yeah, but will the Baptists let him in? 
RazorTusk!!!!