Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sexton allegedly shopping Dork to....

Started by mrp, October 08, 2007, 10:32:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawaiianhogster

Quote from: booogaga on October 08, 2007, 10:36:23 pm
i want him to go to hawaii  , thats far enough. does nome have a team? that would suffice as well

WE WILL DEAL WITH HIM AS WE DID CAPTAIN COOK IF HE COMES HERE!

wooly

I figure a Houston is Big 12 bound. No way a Nutt wants to play a Gus every year.

I've taken to refering to people like a Nutt does. Try it, it's fun.

67Hog

Quote from: respirback on October 09, 2007, 01:43:27 pm
Quote from: 67Hog on October 08, 2007, 10:57:09 pm
Quote from: TN_Realist on October 08, 2007, 10:53:40 pm
He wouldn't stoop to a Memphis level. He would go to Baylor

What is the Baptist position on massive text messaging an attractive woman and television personality who is not your wife?  They should have plenty of experience with this sort of thing.

They never had a problem with Bill Clinton.  Nutt pales in comparison.

I wasn't aware Bill Clinton was ever under consideration for employment at Baylor.

JEM

Quote from: mrp on October 08, 2007, 10:32:48 pm
Baylor and Memphis.

Memphis is supposed to be interested.

I would be happy if he went to either one....immediately if not sooner.

Good

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: BigDeal on October 09, 2007, 03:07:02 pm
Quote from: hogcard100 on October 09, 2007, 02:54:45 pm
Who's Sexton and where's the link "he's shopping Nutt"?

Sexton is Jerry Maguire and Nutt is Rod Tidwell Jerry Lewis.  Its all about showing him the M-O-N-E-Y !

Fixed that for ya!
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Oklahawg

I suspect that Okie State is on Nutt's radar, but it will require Gundy failing to finish another big win (like the eventual loss to A&M) or completely fail to appear vs. Texas or BlowU. Might take disgruntled fans beefing about not being physical enough.

Nebraska could be looking for a coach again? Wouldn't that stir Trev Alberts pot a bit? Man, I don't care where Nutt goes but that'd be worth it on several levels.

Baylor and Memphis for the same reason Tubby left KY makes sense.

I have full faith that Sexton is shopping. Now, he's not terribly good at it, or he has the single largest white elephant in the industry to shop. Or both.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 09, 2007, 07:49:56 pm

I have full faith that Sexton is shopping. Now, he's not terribly good at it, or he has the single largest white elephant in the industry to shop. Or both.

Sexton couldn't sell Nutt last year with his mythical "championship" season.

After all of the new personal scandals that have come out on Nutt and his family along with the crappy performances this year, how can he sell him?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: mrp on October 08, 2007, 10:32:48 pm
Baylor and Memphis.

Memphis is supposed to be interested.

I would be happy if he went to either one....immediately if not sooner.

If he went to Baylor he would be the Big 12's "biatche" just the way Baylor seems to be now and has been for many years. It would be great if he went there and then they got moved out of the Big 12 and went to Conference USA where he would have to be subjected to Gus every year, at least until Gus moves up. Justice served, is what I think you would call that.
Go Hogs Go!

WBOBO

I'm not worried about where Nutty is GOING!  Neither should any of us.  Just be GONE!

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

hirebutchdavis

PLEASE HIRE NUTT JOB.  HE I
S A GREAT COACH.

WE COULD ALWAYS RUN THAT BANNER OVER THE NEXT MEMPHIS HOME GAME.

HangTenHog

October 09, 2007, 09:29:21 pm #110 Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 09:31:15 pm by HangTenHog
Quote from: booogaga on October 08, 2007, 10:36:23 pm
i want him to go to hawaii  , thats far enough. does nome have a team? that would suffice as well
WE SURE AS HELL DON'T WANT HIM IN HAWAII! June Jones, on the other hand, would make a great SEC coach, but I'm not sure Arkansas is ready for all out offense just yet.

May I suggest that we would score an absolute grand slam if he went to any other SEC team! Any Texas school works for me as well. Barring that, I do hear that the Mongolian Pee Wee league is in need of ladders....

MarionTiger

We don't want Nutt.  We already had Rip Scherer...  Same bonehead lack of offensive ingenuity and the unwillingness to change.  And that was after Ground Chuck Stobart. 

I want Tommy to make it.  He just needs someone to recruit, or teach him how. 

Roberts is a good coach at ASU.  He may be the best coach in the country per dollar spent.

havok

Quote from: BigDeal on October 09, 2007, 02:51:17 pm
Quote from: havok on October 09, 2007, 01:57:13 pm
Memphis would be smart to go a few miles West North West and try and get Roberts.  he is 1000 Times a better coach.

While Roberts is a good coach, I disagree he would be a better choice than Houston. Nutt can bring name recognition and enthusiasm to a program that much needs it.

You gotta be kidding??  Half the High School Coaches in the state are twice the coach of the Dork.