Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mark May is such a PRICK!!!

Started by Razorfox, October 06, 2007, 08:40:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CusefaninAR

Quote from: taintlint on October 06, 2007, 10:50:43 am
I already have this in another thread but.........

The Heisman race is a game in and of itself. Houston Nutt does not seem to want to play the game and MMQB seems content to not play it either. Of course, I'm referencing sitting Darren on the bench for AN ENTIRE HALF against UNT and to a lesser degree splitting so much time with Felix. You can't have it both ways.

No one wants to see Darren needlessly run the ball 50 times and get a concussion or a torn Hamstring but there has been almost ZERO attempts by the staff to ensure Heisman numbers and highlights. If you want to worry about injuries, forget the Heisman. The risk of injury while padding stats comes with the territory.

Mark May does not see Darren as a legit Heisman candidate because by 2007 standards, he's not. He plays on a bad team and puts up good, but not great, numbers. Excuses (his tummy hurt, he was dehydrated, he only played a half) may be valid reasons for not playing someone but they do not qualify someone for the Heisman. Just because everyone knows your the best, doesn't make the Heisman trophy yours. You have to actually earn it.

You don't have to like it but Darren will continue to drop off radars as BCS polls start to come out. If Darren were fighting for a high publicity Bowl or the SEC Title, his coaches could take the "we don't care" approach they have thus far but the truth is that we may end up 8-4 (Best case scenario) and play in the Liberty Bowl.

The ONLY REASON Ricky Williams won on a HORRIBLE 9-3 Texas team was that Ricky punished cupcakes to the tune of 200 - 250 yards a game. You have to have highlights and stats, not excuses, to overcome a bad team.

Save the "people would bitch" if he got hurt responses. No one wants him to get hurt but you have to decide if you want the Heisman to rest in Fayetteville or not. It's part of the game and we are not playing it.

Yep...and the fact that the only Heisman hype that I have seen has basically been at RRS has not helped.  Frank could have put out some kind of media blitz to promote DMac but he probably didn't want to spend the money.

silvertip

DMac carried 19 times vs UNT. That is a lot for an entire game for a typical back.

You need to decide whether you want to win games or win a trophy for an individual. The problem for the Hawgs this year is 11 straight games without an off-week. DMac was worn down at the end of last season, and odds are it'll be worse this year, if this pace is kept up.

DMac is averaging 26 carries/game so far this season. There are only a half dozen or so rushers in SEC history who averagered over 20 carries in their careers.

DMac is getting more work than is good for the team's season-long goals. In order to win in November, we should be giving more carries to FJ and the 3rd string RB, plus passing more.

It is ridiculous & I say irresponsible to run DMac 20 times vs the likes of Troy, UNT, FIU, and Chattanooga. I don't care how badly DMac, The Dork, Frank Broyles, or anyone else wants the Heisman.

PigWig

Try reading my post again.  My point was, and maybe you don't have the intellect to comprehend this, McFadden has performed better against SEC opponents than nonconference opponents.

DATE OPP RESULT          ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
9/1 Troy W 46-26           24  151  6.3   25    1
9/15 @Alabama L 41-38  33  195  5.9   23    2  
9/22 Kentucky L 42-29    29  173  6.0   56    1
9/29 N. Texas W 66-7     19  138  7.3   51    2 .

He is on pace for 1971 yards this season, at his current rate, in 12 games.  He rushed for 1647 last year in 14 games.  If you assume the Hogs make a bowl game, DMac is on pace for 2135 yards.

Read this post and think about it before you post something else that makes you look dumber

taintlint

Quote from: silvertip on October 06, 2007, 10:53:30 am
DMac carried 19 times vs UNT. That is a lot for an entire game for a typical back.

You need to decide whether you want to win games or win a trophy for an individual. The problem for the Hawgs this year is 11 straight games without an off-week. DMac was worn down at the end of last season, and odds are it'll be worse this year, if this pace is kept up.

DMac is averaging 26 carries/game so far this season. There are only a half dozen or so rushers in SEC history who averagered over 20 carries in their careers.

DMac is getting more work than is good for the team's season-long goals. In order to win in November, we should be giving more carries to FJ and the 3rd string RB, plus passing more.

It is ridiculous & I say irresponsible to run DMac 20 times vs the likes of Troy, UNT, FIU, and Chattanooga. I don't care how badly DMac, The Dork, Frank Broyles, or anyone else wants the Heisman.

What are our season goals at this point?

Liberty? Peach? Independence?

It's hard enough to find Heisman winners on bad teams (Ricky Williams and some guy from Notre Dame 100 years ago) but it's even harder to find one from a bad team that puts asterisks next to each game......

*His tummy hurt
*He had a concussion
*He was dehydrated
*He sat this game because the other team wasn't good
*Didn't want to risk injury
*We decided to rest him in this game so we could have fresh legs in the Music City Bowl

We all know Darren is the best but if we want him to win the Heisman he has to 1)Pad stats and 2)Risk injury

You can't have it both ways

taintlint

Quote from: PigWig on October 06, 2007, 10:58:14 am
Try reading my post again.  My point was, and maybe you don't have the intellect to comprehend this, McFadden has performed better against SEC opponents than nonconference opponents.

DATE OPP RESULT          ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
9/1 Troy W 46-26           24  151  6.3   25    1
9/15 @Alabama L 41-38  33  195  5.9   23    2   
9/22 Kentucky L 42-29    29  173  6.0   56    1
9/29 N. Texas W 66-7     19  138  7.3   51    2 .

He is on pace for 1971 yards this season, at his current rate, in 12 games.  He rushed for 1647 last year in 14 games.  If you assume the Hogs make a bowl game, DMac is on pace for 2135 yards.

Read this post and think about it before you post something else that makes you look dumber

Those are not Heisman numbers.

If he were playing on a team that was ranked, playing for a BCS, and was on TV every saturday it would be good enough.

He has to have INSANE yardage and he doesn't.

The real Hogules

I have to agree with the poster who said don't blame MM for DMac not winning the Heisman trophy, that honor (or dishonor if you prefer) should go to the HC/OC that is running/ruining the show!

I also have to agree that MM is definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he is a tool none the less............................
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

tconey1

Quote from: taintlint on October 06, 2007, 10:36:25 am
Quote from: PorcineSublime on October 06, 2007, 10:32:04 am
I agree with most of what you said. Dmac will have to have 2200+ yds to win on an 8-5 team. What I don't agree with is your inference that he wanted to not play the second half against NTSU. I think he would have done his throwing up on the field had HDN let him. DMac may be misguided in his love for his coach, but I don't really see him as a Prima Donna. Perhaps I misread you on that.
But if he stays in and gets hurt, you will be slamming HDN

I should have made that more clear. I believe Darren would play as much as allowed. He is being held back.

Again, don't make him run 50 times over 4 quarters but a 130 yard performance against UNT was sad. What exactly are we saving him for? The SEC title hunt? The Sugar bowl? We are talking about a season that is nothing more than a fight for the Independence or Peach over the Liberty and Music City bowls!

He can put up some highlights against our SEC foes but stats, by most contenders, have always been inflated by inferior talent. Not with us though! We bench him and say "Oh the voters wouldn't give him credit for yards in this game". BS! Mark May just rambled of stats by his top 5 that were NOTHING BUT stats inflated by punishing cupcakes.

You have to play the game. Houston isn't.

CusefaninAR

Try reading my post again.  My point was, and maybe you don't have the intellect to comprehend this, McFadden has performed better against SEC opponents than nonconference opponents.

He is on pace for 1971 yards this season, at his current rate, in 12 games.  He rushed for 1647 last year in 14 games.  If you assume the Hogs make a bowl game, DMac is on pace for 2135 yards.

First of all, the Heisman is handed out before any bowl game.  (Dumb point number 1)

Second of all, you rip one player for putting up gaudy numbers against inferior talent, and then you use McFadden's gaudy numbers against inferior talent (Troy, N. Texas, and soon-to-be UT-C and Fla. Int.) in your analysis?  (Dumb point number 2)

Third, you conveniently seem to ignore anything I've bothered to post.  If McFadden puts up 1900 yards, it's his trophy.  I said that historically, and particularly recently, running backs need to have special seasons to win the Heisman over QB's who put up gaudy numbers.  If you are going to argue with me, please argue with points I've made, not ones you seem to like to make up as you go along.  Either that or read some of these other posts before you are the one making yourself look stupid.  Ooops...too late.

One last point to ponder...if your contention is that McFadden is performing better against SEC talent than non-SEC talent, why is he averaging more yards per carry against nonconference opponents than he is against conference opponents?  Huh?  Your own numbers tell the tale.

PigWig

Quote from: taintlint on October 06, 2007, 11:03:56 am
Try reading my post again.  My point was, and maybe you don't have the intellect to comprehend this, McFadden has performed better against SEC opponents than nonconference opponents.

He is on pace for 1971 yards this season, at his current rate, in 12 games.  He rushed for 1647 last year in 14 games.  If you assume the Hogs make a bowl game, DMac is on pace for 2135 yards.

If he were playing on a team that was ranked, playing for a BCS, and was on TV every saturday it would be good enough.

1900-2100 yards aren't Heisman numbers?  Then what are?  

Let me put this in perspective.  If the Hogs make a bowl game and DMac stays on pace, he finishes with 2135 yards.  That is more than Ricky Williams had in 1998, ranks 5th all-time in NCAA history, and sets an SEC record.  Thats not enough to win the Heisman over some QB from Texas Tech though. Right?

CusefaninAR

Troy Davis rushed for 2000 yards (twice, I think) and still didn't win it.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: CusefaninAR on October 06, 2007, 10:39:19 am
How'd Texas do last Saturday?

Horns have had 6 consecutive seasons of at least 10 wins. Oh yeah, won an NC a couple of years ago too. This year will make 7 10+ win seasons in a row. Thanks for playing.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

4thdownnutt

we lost to a basketball school!!!!!!

CusefaninAR

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on October 06, 2007, 11:19:16 am
Quote from: CusefaninAR on October 06, 2007, 10:39:19 am
How'd Texas do last Saturday?

Horns have had 6 consecutive seasons of at least 10 wins. Oh yeah, won an NC a couple of years ago too. This year will make 7 10+ win seasons in a row. Thanks for playing.

Just asking a question...how'd they do last Saturday?

PigWig

October 06, 2007, 11:20:45 am #63 Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 11:22:35 am by PigWig
Quote from: CusefaninAR on October 06, 2007, 11:10:01 am

First of all, the Heisman is handed out before any bowl game.  (Dumb point number 1)

"Second of all, you rip one player for putting up gaudy numbers against inferior talent, and then you use McFadden's gaudy numbers against inferior talent (Troy, N. Texas, and soon-to-be UT-C and Fla. Int.) in your analysis?  (Dumb point number 2)"

Third, you conveniently seem to ignore anything I've bothered to post.  If McFadden puts up 1900 yards, it's his trophy.  I said that historically, and particularly recently, running backs need to have special seasons to win the Heisman over QB's who put up gaudy numbers.  If you are going to argue with me, please argue with points I've made, not ones you seem to like to make up as you go along.  Either that or read some of these other posts before you are the one making yourself look stupid.  Ooops...too late.

One last point to ponder...if your contention is that McFadden is performing better against SEC talent than non-SEC talent, why is he averaging more yards per carry against nonconference opponents than he is against conference opponents?  Huh?  Your own numbers tell the tale.

"First of all, the Heisman is handed out before any bowl game.  (Dumb point number 1)"

"How many yards is he projected to reach? "

Just answering your question.

"Second of all, you rip one player for putting up gaudy numbers against inferior talent, and then you use McFadden's gaudy numbers against inferior talent (Troy, N. Texas, and soon-to-be UT-C and Fla. Int.) in your analysis?  (Dumb point number 2)"

As I have already posted, " DMAC had 79 yards more against AL and KY than he had against Troy and NT" and the same amount of TD's.  

Not playing a single snap in the second half of the N. Texas game is much different than leaving your QB in deep into the 4th quarter with a huge lead to pad his stats against weak nonconference opponents.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: taintlint on October 06, 2007, 11:03:56 am

DMac needs 250 yards against teams like Auburn, Bama, TN and LSU, not against KY, N Texas or SC. In the end, DMac needs crazy yardage like Eric Dickerson got (and he still didn't win the HT) and like Barry Sanders got. DMac isn't going to get that kind of yardage and on a 3-5 or 2-6 team, he has no chance of winning the HT.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

CusefaninAR

Quote from: PigWig on October 06, 2007, 11:20:45 am

Second of all, you rip one player for putting up gaudy numbers against inferior talent, and then you use McFadden's gaudy numbers against inferior talent (Troy, N. Texas, and soon-to-be UT-C and Fla. Int.) in your analysis?  (Dumb point number 2)

"First of all, the Heisman is handed out before any bowl game.  (Dumb point number 1)"

Second of all, you rip one player for putting up gaudy numbers against inferior talent, and then you use McFadden's gaudy numbers against inferior talent (Troy, N. Texas, and soon-to-be UT-C and Fla. Int.) in your analysis?  (Dumb point number 2)

As I have already posted, " DMAC had 79 yards more against AL and KY than he had against Troy and NT" and the same amount of TD's.  

Not playing a single snap in the second half of the N. Texas game is much different than leaving your QB in deep into the 4th quarter with a huge lead to pad his stats against weak nonconference opponents.

Funny how you forgot to mention that he had more 19 more carries against UK/UA than TU/UNT.

PigWig

Quote from: CusefaninAR on October 06, 2007, 11:18:44 am
Are there any Eddie George's or Danny Wuerffel's in the race this year?

PigWig

Quote from: CusefaninAR on October 06, 2007, 11:23:17 am

Second of all, you rip one player for putting up gaudy numbers against inferior talent, and then you use McFadden's gaudy numbers against inferior talent (Troy, N. Texas, and soon-to-be UT-C and Fla. Int.) in your analysis?  (Dumb point number 2)

Funny how you forgot to mention that he had more 19 more carries against UK/UA than TU/UNT.
Thats exactly my point.  He is not getting 30 touches for 300 yards against these cupcakes.  The majority of his stats come from games against legit SEC defenses.

CusefaninAR

Quote from: PigWig on October 06, 2007, 11:28:33 am

No, I think Eddie George retired from football and Danny Wuerffel is pumping gas in Gainesville.

Bama Hog™

Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

CusefaninAR

Quote from: PigWig on October 06, 2007, 11:29:49 am

Thats exactly my point.  He is not getting 30 touches for 300 yards against these cupcakes.  The majority of his stats come from games against legit SEC defenses.

Your stated point was that DMac performed better against conference opponents than nonconference opponents.  Your posted statistics show that he averages more per carry against nonconference opponents than conference opponents.  You contradict yourself every time you open your mouth. 

Bama Hog™

I could not find his email, but I did find is baby picture.

Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

PigWig

Quote from: CusefaninAR on October 06, 2007, 11:30:18 am
Quote from: PigWig on October 06, 2007, 11:28:33 am

No, I think Eddie George retired from football and Danny Wuerffel is pumping gas in Gainesville.
Danny Wuerffel completed 708 of 1,170 passes for 10,875 yards with 114 TD passes, the best in SEC history and second-most in major college history. His career pass efficiency rating of 163.56 was the best in major college history and his percentage of passes which went for a TD (9.74) ranked first in collegiate history. In 1995, his efficiency rating of 178.4 set a single-season collegiate record. During his Heisman-winning season of 1996, he completed 207 of 360 passes for 3,625 yards (an SEC record at the time) for 39 TDs (leading the nation and tops in SEC history) and his efficiency rating of 170.6 made him the first QB to ever post a rating of 170 or better in back-to-back years.

Eddie George won rookie of the year in 1996, made the pro bowl 4 times, and had 7 1000+ yard seasons in the NFL.  

PigWig

Quote from: CusefaninAR on October 06, 2007, 11:33:00 am

Your stated point was that DMac performed better against conference opponents than nonconference opponents.  Your posted statistics show that he averages more per carry against nonconference opponents than conference opponents.  You contradict yourself every time you open your mouth. 
So YPC is the only determinant of performance? I have been to every game this season, have you? I can tell you this, DMac played a much better game against the two SEC opponents than the nonconferences cupcakes.

CusefaninAR

Quote from: PigWig on October 06, 2007, 11:38:02 am

So YPC is the only determinant of performance? I have been to every game this season, have you? I can tell you this, DMac played a much better game against the two SEC opponents than the nonconferences cupcakes.

How old are you?  Your argument gets weaker and weaker with every post.  Now you want us to use your personal observations of McFadden as an indicator of how well he performs against opponents?  Why keep stats at all, then?  Just write in the books, "3rd and 12, ball on the Arkansas 34 yard line, handoff to McFadden...PigWig says McFadden rushed for a spell.  Let's call it a first down." 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I think this "fall" in the heisman race has more to do with out of sight out of mind. Two cupcakes in a row with no TV. If he has a good game against Auburn he will be right back up there again.

PigWig

Quote from: CusefaninAR on October 06, 2007, 11:45:32 am

How old are you?  Your argument gets weaker and weaker with every post.  Now you want us to use your personal observations of McFadden as an indicator of how well he performs against opponents?  Why keep stats at all, then?  Just write in the books, "3rd and 12, ball on the Arkansas 34 yard line, handoff to McFadden...PigWig says McFadden rushed for a spell.  Let's call it a first down." 
You are only focusing on YPC. One statistic. Nevermind total yardage or touchdowns (3 vs. SEC/ 3 vs. nonconference), with your idiotic logic Felix Jones is a better RB because he averages 10.4 YPC.  I'm done arguing with someone as ignorant as you.  You are the first Hogville poster I have ever ignored. Congrats.

CusefaninAR

Quote from: Dr. Kenneth Noisewater on October 06, 2007, 11:56:14 am
I think this "fall" in the heisman race has more to do with out of sight out of mind. Two cupcakes in a row with no TV. If he has a good game against Auburn he will be right back up there again.

Unfortunately, Tebow gets the jump on him a week early at LSU on a prime-time national broadcast.

CusefaninAR

Quote from: PigWig on October 06, 2007, 12:01:46 pm
Quote from: CusefaninAR on October 06, 2007, 11:45:32 am

You are only focusing on YPC. One statistic. Nevermind total yardage or touchdowns (3 vs. SEC/ 3 vs. nonconference), with your idiotic logic Felix Jones is a better RB because he averages 10.4 YPC.  I'm done arguing with someone as ignorant as you.  You are the first Hogville poster I have ever ignored. Congrats.

I shouldn't have to explain this to someone over the age of four, but avg. yards per carry is the best indicator for a running back.  Otherwise, you could have a running back run for three hundred yards.  Great!  Over a hundred carries?  Hardly average.  Of course, once you get into junior high school I'm sure you will pick all this up.

Great job on the ignore.  That's the best sign that you've lost an argument.  Time for your bottle.

ThunderHog

Quote from: js1717 on October 06, 2007, 09:24:50 am
I love watching him and Lou Holtz on ESPN.  Holtz likes to get May riled up, and May eventually loses his temper and says something that makes himself look like a moron.  Then you see Lou snickering at him.  It makes watching their show bearable.
Holtz and May are both a$$ clowns!  They were both an embarrassment during the Memphis and Marshall game.

taintlint

Darren has to pad stats and risk injury.

He wont win otherwise.

There have been countless 2,000 yard rushers to never win the Heisman.

Darren plays on a BAD team. He must overcome this the same way Ricky Williams did.

As each week passes, Darren falls more and more out of the picture. He is NOT on pace to win the Heisman and rightfully so, it will go to someone else.

He is the best player out there. No doubt about it. Michael Jordan was the best basketball player ever. If Phil Jackson would have benched him all season because "We're just playing the Nuggets", "He didn't feel well", "I saw no need to risk getting Michael hurt"......MJ would STILL HAVE BEEN the best but would not have put up any kind of stats worthy of an award.

Darren will win the Doak walker again because he is clearly the best running back. He will not win the Heisman because we (The coaches) have chosen not to play the Heisman game. It's a game of stats and we would rather throw out excuses than stats.

hawaiianhogster

I believe the big ten, pac ten, big twelve and big east are working together to keep everyone else out of the Heisman watch list.

CusefaninAR

Quote from: taintlint on October 06, 2007, 12:15:10 pm
Darren has to pad stats and risk injury.

He wont win otherwise.

Darren plays on a BAD team. He must overcome this the same way Ricky Williams did.

As each week passes, Darren falls more and more out of the picture. He is NOT on pace to win the Heisman and rightfully so, it will go to someone else.

He is the best player out there. No doubt about it. Michael Jordan was the best basketball player ever. If Phil Jackson would have benched him all season because "We're just playing the Nuggets", "He didn't feel well", "I saw no need to risk getting Michael hurt"......MJ would STILL HAVE BEEN the best but would not have put up any kind of stats worthy of an award.

Darren will win the Doak walker again because he is clearly the best running back. He will not win the Heisman because we (The coaches) have chosen not to play the Heisman game. It's a game of stats and we would rather throw out excuses than stats.

You are absolutely correct...too bad some other people on this board can't get over their man-love enough to see those points.

diamondheadhog

Which is it??? Run him more, or we are going to kill the kid because he is getting too many touches and will not hold-up all year?

PigWig

October 06, 2007, 12:24:45 pm #84 Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 12:26:18 pm by PigWig
Player School Year Yards (Bold- Won Heisman)
1 Barry Sanders Oklahoma State 1988 2,628
2 Marcus Allen Southern Cal 1981 2,342
3 Troy Davis Iowa State 1996 2,185
4 LaDainian Tomlinson TCU 2000 2,158
5 Mike Rozier Nebraska 1983 2,148
6 Ricky Williams Texas 1998 2,124
7 Larry Johnson Penn State 2002 2,087
8 Byron Hanspard Texas Tech 1996 2,084
9 Rashaan Salaam Colorado 1994 2,055
10 J.J. Arrington California 2004 2,018
11 Troy Davis Iowa State 1995 2,010

These are all of the 2000 yard rushers. Hardly countless that have not won the Heisman (unless you can't count to 6). ;)

CusefaninAR

Quote from: PigWig on October 06, 2007, 12:24:45 pm

These are all of the 2000 yard rushers. Hardly countless that have not won the Heisman (unless you can't count to 6). ;)

I didn't know the Speak 'n Spell carried that much information.

67Hog

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on October 06, 2007, 12:19:23 pm
I believe the big ten, pac ten, big twelve and big east are working together to keep everyone else out of the Heisman watch list.

Talk about a conspiracy theory!!!

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

The Heisman Trophy isnt won against the North Texas and TN-Chatts of the world. They are won against SEC competition. If he just goes over a 100 against the cupcakes and has big games against real competition then he will keep his name in the mix.

PCHogs

May is a moron!  I cannot believe McFadden was not even in his top 3.  This shows his bias against Arkansas plain and simple because McFadden is the best player in college football and will probably be #1 in the NFL draft.
My websites: 

Watchman Fellowship (a Christian discernment ministry with expertise on cults, new religious movements and world religions): www.watchman.org

CC not PC (Constitutionally Correct not Politically Correct):  www.facebook.com/ccnotpc and www.ccnotpc.com

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: diamondheadhog on October 06, 2007, 12:24:39 pm
Which is it??? Run him more, or we are going to kill the kid because he is getting too many touches and will not hold-up all year?

It doesn't matter because even with McFadden, Hogs are 0-2 in SEC and will likely finish no better than 3-5 either with him or without him. So why not give him the ball 30+ times every game and see if he wears out?

Mark Lericos

Quote from: PigWig on October 06, 2007, 12:24:45 pm

I'm still amazed Texas Tech had a 2,000 yard rusher.  Hanspard was a beast. Fun to watch.

GeneKeadysRug

SkunkyMunky

Quote from: PigWig on October 06, 2007, 10:12:47 am
Quote from: CusefaninAR on October 06, 2007, 10:05:44 am
Quote from: PigWig on October 06, 2007, 10:00:25 am
Quote from: Texman on October 06, 2007, 09:58:54 am
Quote from: Mark Lericos on October 06, 2007, 08:54:46 am

You know it's funny.. I logged on simply to post this about May. I was watching and couldn't believe what I was hearing. The QB from Texas Tech!!??  Over DMAC. 

I believe Harrell has already thrown for 24 TDs and the season isn't even half way over??
Look at the competition.
09/03 at SMU W 49-9
09/08 UTEP W 45-31
09/15 at Rice W 59-24
09/22 at Oklahoma St L 49-45
09/29 N'west St W 75-7

He is a system QB. That is all.

So was Eric Crouch.  So was Chris Weinke.  So was Andre Ware.  I could go on and on.
You do also realize he is averaging 54.3 pass attempts per game right? Even if he only averaged 6 YPA thats over 300 passing yards per game.  Texas Tech throws the ball a lot. He is good because of the system he plays in.

He has put monster numbers up against the powerhouses of Rice, SMU, UTEP, OSU, and Northwestern State.  He is a real Heisman candidate.

That is like the guy from Hawaii, he plays schools right above a high school level and looks like a god. Yeah McFadden did that last game and probably this game, but He put 195 on Alabama.

As far as being a system QB, many say that about Tom Brady, Joe Montana, and Steve Young. Also lets face it Mitch and Rhett were products of Gus' System. Doesn't make them any less of a QB just means they should have both went where they fit in.
"Do you want to be safe and good, or do you want to take a chance and be great?"
Jimmy Johnson

"Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple."
Barry Switzer

rncx

Quote from: PigWig on October 06, 2007, 09:33:19 am
Quote from: ctthras on October 06, 2007, 09:30:09 am
We have two losses you idiots....he is not getting the heisman....get over it!!!!
Ricky Williams won the Heisman as a RB at Texas when they only had 8 regular season wins. Expect the same this year.

8 wins is a pipe dream. 

hogman64

Quote from: PigWig on October 06, 2007, 09:44:50 am
Quote from: ctthras on October 06, 2007, 09:36:34 am
What I am saying is that we have two losses as of now....and we play LSU, SC, Auburn, Tenn......you think we will have 8 wins at the end of the season...please!!!!
Auburn and Tennesse are a combined 5-4 (1-2) and both will probably lose today.  They are two of the worst teams in the SEC this year.  The SC game is at home and SC is highly overated.  Look for their Frosh QB to struggle down the stretch playing at Arkansas, then at home against Florida and Clemson.  We will win at least 2 of these 3 games.

Neither Auburn or SC is overrated........In fact, both are better than Ala. and both are better than Ky.........

VenturaHog

I hate mark may, such a whiny tool.

Porkem

"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

Hogustus Caesar

The bias is not against DMAC it is against the team that has 2 losses already. We all know how gifted DMAC is, but the losses really hurt his chances. With that said I don't like May either.
"Mastering the art of discourse with the tenacity of a razorback and the eloquence of an emperor – HogustusCaesar, where discussions meet greatness."

chirohog75

Quote from: ctthras on October 06, 2007, 09:30:09 am
We have two losses you idiots....he is not getting the heisman....get over it!!!!

It's funny how Mike Hart still gets mention despite their 2 loses (1 to App State).  However, he did manage 200+ against a very tough (sarcasm) E. Michigan team in 4 quarters of play.  I wonder how many yds dmac would have if he played more than 4 series against our cupcakes?  Mark May is a dbag whose analysis of games is unintelligible and should be considered meritless.

Junkyard Hog

Anybody that thinks DMAC is not one of the 5 best players in college football should not be payed to analyze college football.