Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SC is going to make the Hogs their girlfriends

Started by HognotinMemphis, October 04, 2007, 09:00:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbrass

I hope we don't try to pass on them.   ;)
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

IronHog

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on October 04, 2007, 10:05:24 pm
he's not sitting on it and running off tackle 3 plays in a row then punting. He's passing for 1st downs and running wide. What a smart guy, not playing to not lose. He's putting pressure on a nervous defense that knows it's do or die time. Nutt would be running DMac off tackle right now and punting the ball back to KY to give them a chance to score. And then Nutt would do it again after KY scores.

Could Nutt be the stupidest, least confident coach in all of Div 1-A? I think he is at least in the running for it.

It would not surprise me at all if it comes out in 10 years that JFB actually had a headset somewhere in the stadium and would take over play calling late in close games toward the end of the HDN era.

If we ever punt on 3rd down late in a game I will know for sure.

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

samske

The good news is that anyone can beat anyone in any given week.  We found that out last week.

HognotinMemphis

the clincher by Spurrier and SC to whip KY's arse. Spurrier didn't play not to lose. Rathe, he put his foot on the throat of KY's defense and left it there until they suffocated.

Nutt, on the other hand, would have run so many off tackle plays that you would think he's begging KY to win the game. What an idiot we have for a head coach. You do realize there are thousands of HS head coaches and OC's who could call a better offensive game than Nutt does, don't you?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 04, 2007, 10:07:42 pm
Impressive  SC lets the clock run on 3rd down.  Takes a TO with about a second left.  SS uses the full timeout to decide what to do.  Smelley rolls out and makes the throw for a fist down.  And guess what the receiver was past the marker when he caught it.

AR's version.  First we get a penalty and 5 tacked on.  Then we go ahead and take the time out.  Then we throw a 3 yard pass when we need 8.

And While I was typing SC scores again.

See the post immediately above yours.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HoopS

Smelley found a good rhythm and looks better as this game has progressed.  He's got a good coach tutoring him, so it should be no surprise that he made adjustments.

hogchic2001

I'm sorry but they are going to beat us hands down.  Spurrier will outcoach Hooten.  Gawd I'm pea green with envy....Spurrier has made South Carolina, SOUTH CAROLINA! A top 10 program in only 3 years!  WE HAVE HAD HOOTEN for 10 years and when we had the shot, slim is it was for a NC, he choked and runs off some great talent because it got in the way of his ego.  If he is gone, the BOT better open up the checkbook because I don't want another up and comer...I want someone like SPURRIER!
Go HOGS Go!

HawgAlude

no she@t and how long did it take for you to come to this realization?

Dwight_K_Shrute

October 04, 2007, 10:30:24 pm #58 Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 10:33:01 pm by Dwight_K_Shrute
Here's some help for our visual learners

Nutt

Spurrier

Nutt

Spurrier

Nutt

Spurrier

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

bphi11ips

Here's why we lose to South Carolina.  Nutt will run McFadden off tackle out of the I on first and second down virtually every series of the game.  If you have a tape of the second half of last year's game, it wasn't pretty.  DMac had some good yards between the 20's, but Nutt's offense won't score enough to beat South Carolina.  Period.  If you think we're going to beat the Gamecocks you ain't paying attention.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hogmanic7

Never argue with an idiot.  They'll pull you down to their level; then beat you to death with their experience.

Albert Swinestein

$100?  That is a lot of papers for you to throw on your paper route...are you sure you want to bet $100?  :)
Quote from: MarkinMemphis on October 04, 2007, 09:00:23 pm
I think Hogs will be back to 0-3 in SEC at RRS this season.

0-3 in '05

3-0 in '06

0-3 in '07...$100 says this will happen.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 04, 2007, 10:30:24 pm
Here's some help for our visual learners

Nutt

Spurrier

Nutt

Spurrier

Nutt

Spurrier

THIS needs its own thread...then stickied up top...then locked. It should be left up for the entire season.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Smokehouse

Quote from: MysticHog on October 04, 2007, 09:02:03 pm

0-3 in '05

3-0 in '06

No way, they can't stop the run, we will beat them easily.

kind of like a certain Kentucky team that couldn't stop the run?
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

GeauxTigers99

I'm not so sure about that.....Arkansas still has a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball, especially when it comes to the running game.  South Carolina seems to struggle w/ the pass, which seems to be Arkansas' weakness so far.  Both teams have a lot of great athletes and I think it'll be a close game, one that you guys possibly lose, but i definitely wouldn't write it off as a sure loss yet.

malzhanista

0-3 in '05

3-0 in '06

SC wasn't trying to stop the run.
Their defense is way better than ours.
I think they are bigger and stronger than us.
We lose to spurrier and the cocks again.

Tejano Jawg

Carolina's D made Kentucky look average. On the other hand, ours shot Woodson up the Heisman ballot like rocket.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

HognotinMemphis

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Brand X Hog Fan

Spurrier made Brooks and Kentucky look silly. We can beat S.C. but it will take a perfect game by our offense and we will have to avoid any situations that require coaching strategy. We won last year because the players outplayed S.C. As soon as Spurrier got in the game, it was over. Luckily there are only 30 minutes in a half or we would have lost. Our only hope is that D-Mac and Felix put some hurt on them early and we can hang on defensively.

Pretty much S.C. will beat us like cur yard dogs.

As far as the original post, I think we beat Aubie to save the trifecta. I am an eternal optimist, I guess.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on October 05, 2007, 01:36:11 am
Spurrier made Brooks and Kentucky look silly. We can beat S.C. but it will take a perfect game by our offense and we will have to avoid any situations that require coaching strategy. We won last year because the players outplayed S.C. As soon as Spurrier got in the game, it was over. Luckily there are only 30 minutes in a half or we would have lost. Our only hope is that D-Mac and Felix put some hurt on them early and we can hang on defensively.

As far as the original post, I think we beat Aubie to save the trifecta. I am an eternal optimist, I guess.
It took 10 minutes, but I finally quite laughing that started when I read your second sentence. "...but it will take a perfect game by our offense..." Hahahahaha. Like that ever happens.

DeltaBoy

0-3 in '05

3-0 in '06

Daddy said never take a sucker bet and betting on Hooten to break a Streak is a sucker bet.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Ish O

The announcers last night kept talking about how SC has a very poor run defense. That doesn't match up well with the Hogs. They also said that BEFORE last night's game that SC had given up 38 runs of 10 yards or longer. Their best defensive player (one of the twins) is out for the season as well.

EastexHawg

0-3 in '05

3-0 in '06

Kentucky beat us by two TDs in RRS.  South Carolina just beat Kentucky by two TDs last night...and it would have been a 52-23 game if the SC tight end had protected the football and if Spurrier had had his team snap the ball one more time.

As for South Carolina's run defense...

Kentucky ran for 170 yards and 4.7 yards per attempt against the Arkansas defense...but only 157 yards and 4.1 ypa against South Carolina.

I like your optimism, but I fail to see any sound reasoning that would back up the notion that South Carolina will be an easy W.

PiggyBack

0-3 in '05

3-0 in '06

How long is this mindset going to continue?  We had a gazillion yards against Bamer AND KY and WE LOST!!!

Wake up people!
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

Swino

The razorbacks have a nack for beating teams when they shouldn't, but I don't think it will happen against the ole ball coach.  He is just too superior of a coach compared to gunslinger dale.

DenverHogFan

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 04, 2007, 09:08:16 pm
If they can make Woodson look bad think what they will do to CD.

This is a great point and what scares me the most about playing SC.  I think we are CAPABLE of beating them - just not optimistic.

HamShank

Even back when I thought we would beat Bama and Kentucky, I thought SC would beat us this year.  The one chance we have is that their rush defense is down.  If Jasper Brinkley is still out by our meeting, we have an even better shot.  It will be tough, though.  Take a look at what it took to beat them last year - over 200 yards by McFadden and over 200 by Marcus Monk.

Cartoon Man

The Ol' ball coach will change NUTTS diaper.  The comparison of coaches is like night and day.

wildcat101

hogpowr

OK after watching the entire SC vs Kentuc game, and seeing how well coached the Cocks are,........and we STILL have the dork somehow, we lose by 24.  Sad but true.
Welcome Coach Bielema!

doo-ran

Quote from: CabotHog on October 04, 2007, 09:06:21 pm
Aren't we playing Auburn before we play SC?

0-3 in '05

3-0 in '06

He means 0-4 most definitely.

softserve

The Ole Ball Coach

vs. KY 15-0
vs. Vandy 14-0
vs. LSU 11-1
vs. UGA 12-3

He'th Gooood...
Don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff.

SemperFi

HOGS and SC actually match up quite well. Both have strong running games, but we have Mcfadden. Both QB's are very similiar, however SC has the better secondary and should do better locking down our WR's. I believe that our offensive and defensive lines are better than SC's and thus give the HOGS an advantage there. If Monk is back and healthy then we win without a question, otherwise this could be a 24-21 type of game. I think Tejada kicks the winning FG here.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: FlyFisher on October 05, 2007, 11:29:29 am
......Both QB's are very similiar, ......

Losing all credibility if you are saying this about Smelley and Dick.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

DeltaBoy

The Ball Coach wins by as much as he wants  We have a NUTT ruining the OFFence and a RED Herring the De-Fence!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

GAMECOCKBOY

Quote from: Ish O on October 05, 2007, 09:31:54 am
The announcers last night kept talking about how SC has a very poor run defense. That doesn't match up well with the Hogs. They also said that BEFORE last night's game that SC had given up 38 runs of 10 yards or longer. Their best defensive player (one of the twins) is out for the season as well.
our leader jasper is out...but we have 7 true freshmen and sophmores that start on defense ...that have step there games up...norwood the guy who returned 2 fumbles for tds is a true sophmore and is becoming a leader...we have coaches with a swagger and that rubs off on our players...
MESS WITH THE FEATHERS U SHALL GET SPURED!!!

GOOO GAMECOCKS!!!

GAMECOCKBOY

HOGS and SC actually match up quite well. Both have strong running games, but we have Mcfadden. Both QB's are very similiar, however SC has the better secondary and should do better locking down our WR's. I believe that our offensive and defensive lines are better than SC's and thus give the HOGS an advantage there. If Monk is back and healthy then we win without a question, otherwise this could be a 24-21 type of game. I think Tejada kicks the winning FG here.
u have  better rbs... i say we have a better defense and special teams then u ...we also have 2 good rbs and 2 good pass catching TEs and a pass catching full back...so i think we can exploit your defense with that...u have us with the run but i think we will have u with the run and throw,,,u will have to figure if we will run the ball or throw it...
MESS WITH THE FEATHERS U SHALL GET SPURED!!!

GOOO GAMECOCKS!!!

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on October 05, 2007, 09:20:53 am
Quote from: Seahawk4ever on October 05, 2007, 01:36:11 am

It took 10 minutes, but I finally quite laughing that started when I read your second sentence. "...but it will take a perfect game by our offense..." Hahahahaha. Like that ever happens.

Well hell! It happened against Auburn last year. Of course that was with Mitch, Gus, and the boys. It prolly won't happen this year (fixed that for me) but I can't help myself. I find myself hoping for a good game.

Both QB's are very similiar

Huh? Those two QB's are about as similar as their coaches.

Quote from: GAMECOCKBOY on October 05, 2007, 01:37:56 pm
u have  better rbs... i say we have a better defense and special teams then u ...we also have 2 good rbs and 2 good pass catching TEs and a pass catching full back...so i think we can exploit your defense with that...u have us with the run but i think we will have u with the run and throw,,,u will have to figure if we will run the ball or throw it...

Ahhh, but there is an invisible force field that renders offenses in RRS one dimensional. No, really! We've been one dimensional for 6 years now. Yeah, that's it . . .  an invisible forcefield!

Seriously, our only hope is to pressure Smelley all night. We can't give him time to set up in the pocket. We will know how possible this is after the Auburn game.

Thanks for stopping by GCB.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

GolfnHog

October 05, 2007, 03:17:21 pm #91 Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 03:20:52 pm by TxRzrbak
Quote from: IronHog on October 04, 2007, 09:51:46 pm
Quote from: Head Hawg on October 04, 2007, 09:45:09 pm
Quote from: IronHog on October 04, 2007, 09:41:29 pm
Quote from: Tejano Jawg on October 04, 2007, 09:37:34 pm
Compare SC's defense with the one Herring puts together.

How is Kentucky doing tonight? Running through SC like owl $#!%? Passing at will? Making Woodson look invincible? NOT HARDLY.

Why is everyone so down on the Hogs D vs Kentucky?

They scored 8 points, forced multiple turnovers, set up Jones on the free kick and had Kentucky on the ropes until the Hog offense continually bailed the other team out.

The D folded at the end, but if the O had put the nail in the coffin there would have been no chance.

Because for the past couple of years we make every SEC QB look like an All-American when they play us.

Maybe, but the Hogs lost the Kentucky game because of the offense not the Defense.

People just look at the final score and forget the D score or set up most of the points while the Hogs crank out the yards while setting up the other team to score offense was largely ineffective where it matters most.

HDN brags about running a ball control offense then in multiple games this year his offense cannot run out the clock against average college D's.  Screw the drama, that is enough to give the man his internet map to bella visa.

HDN in Bella Vista is equal to getting run over by a golf cart...and I'm bygawd driving it. bring him and I'll see how darned good his "running game" is then....
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

UAfan

I think the Hogs beat SC...SC's run def and screen def sucks...it will be a close one though.

sihog

0-3 in '05

3-0 in '06

sorry not going to happen HOGS win big.
GO HOGS GO

HeathWimp

11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

HeathWimp

Quote from: sihog on October 05, 2007, 03:35:07 pm

0-3 in '05

3-0 in '06

sorry not going to happen HOGS win big.

-1  Hogs lose.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

HoopS

One thing about the S.E.C...the are no guarantees.  For the most part, most teams are better at home and if it were simple to predict, many would be retired early.  Fact of the matter is, none of you know.  Auburn beat Florida last week...just a week or so after losing to MSU.  That ought to tell you all you need to know.  Who knows?  With a set of running backs like we have, losing to South Carolina is certainly not a lock.  Smite for that if you must. 

When it comes down to it, they have the better coach and that alone could swing this game.  But it isn't a lock and I really don't care whatcha think about that.

Smelley can be rattled easily.  Believe it or not, Spurrier isn't perfect. 

If you've watched the S.E.C much, you'd know that anything can happen from week to week.

Choctaw Hog

October 05, 2007, 04:13:00 pm #97 Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 04:18:51 pm by Choctaw Hog

0-3 in '05

3-0 in '06

The same was said about Kentucky.  They stopped our running game when they needed to.

Dances With Hogs

What about Suckup?
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 05, 2007, 11:42:14 am
......Both QB's are very similiar, ......

Losing all credibility if you are saying this about Smelley and Dick.
[/quote

jimmur74

0-3 in '05

3-0 in '06

You are a good example of why I HATE texas fans ARSES!