Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SC is going to make the Hogs their girlfriends

Started by HognotinMemphis, October 04, 2007, 09:00:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: jimmur74 on October 05, 2007, 04:51:21 pm
Quote from: MarkinMemphis on October 04, 2007, 09:00:23 pm
I think Hogs will be back to 0-3 in SEC at RRS this season.

0-3 in '05

3-0 in '06

0-3 in '07...$100 says this will happen.

You are a good example of why I HATE texas fans ARSES!

Don't hate me because the Horns have had 6 consecutive seasons of 10 or more wins and an NC during that span. And, don't hate me because I'm better than you.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hog_heaven_2000

Quote from: bythelake on October 04, 2007, 09:08:59 pm
The question is should Hogville allow Markinmemphis to start any more threads.  It's okay to critique the team, players and coach, but to have your tilt be so negative is questionable.  MarkinMemphis, I understand your unhappiness and negativity if you have to live in Memphis.  Condolences are in order.

I used to think MarkinMemphis was too negative. He's made a lot of negative predictions about this season that I thought were offbase. I've called him on it before. So far, he's been right. Untill he is proven to be wrong about something, I'm going to hold off on critisizing him.
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

silvertip

October 05, 2007, 06:57:08 pm #102 Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 07:56:00 pm by silvertip
Quote from: HoopSlap on October 04, 2007, 09:09:24 pm
Unless Smelley improves a LOT, I think we beat them. 

Scroll down in this box score & look at Smelley's passing stats vs KY. Especially note the yds/att.

He has exactly that night vs Hogs, we don't have a chance.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/boxscore?gid=200710040070

casken

October 05, 2007, 07:05:15 pm #103 Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 07:08:05 pm by casken
How 'bout we deal with the Auburn challenge first and we may know more as to where this team is headed down the stretch.  If they monkey stomp we may need to get a hog prom dress for our date with USC. However, if the boys in red can swing it around and beat Auburn, things may look a little better for the game with Spurrier's boys.  Its really too far down the road to get a feel for it yet. 

Last year I thought we were dead when it took a few favorable gusts of wind to get us past Bama and Vanderbilt.  We had looked awful against...mmmm... Utah State was it?  Then a little later we thumped Auburn (then #2) at home and hung on the beat USC, both on the road.  The seaon is too early to damn it all now.

WPS :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

casken

Quote from: HeathWimp on October 05, 2007, 03:51:38 pm
Quote from: FlyFisher on October 05, 2007, 11:29:29 am
HOGS and SC actually match up quite well. Both have strong running games, but we have Mcfadden. Both QB's are very similiar, however SC has the better secondary and should do better locking down our WR's. I believe that our offensive and defensive lines are better than SC's and thus give the HOGS an advantage there. If Monk is back and healthy then we win without a question, otherwise this could be a 24-21 type of game. I think Tejada kicks the winning FG here.

HOw you figure this is a -1, he makes some good points.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

HoopS

SilverTip...

I agree.  Early in the game, he struggled.  He wasn't getting his feet set and mad some poor throws.  At least that was my impression.

He will be better by the time we play them because Spurrier will make him better.  He stayed with him while he struggled, put him in position to make some easier throws, built his confidence and improved last night.

When he comes to our place, he will have just played at Tenn, I believe.  He will have been tested on the road enough to know what we are dealing with.  You can bet that Red will bring many blitzes to try and rock him early.

As you said, similar numbers will be hard for us to oveecome.  Particularily if Boyd also does some things. 

As I said, in this conference, you never know.  One week Auburn loses to MSU, then they go on the road and beat Florida. 

That is one of the reasons I love the S.E.C.

So many things could change by that game.  What worries me is thinking back to the second half of our game last year.  He owned us.  And we had a better secondary and DLine then.

HoopS

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

woghild

HOGPICKER

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 04, 2007, 09:08:16 pm
I think Casey will get his bell rung.  And who gives a $hit if SC can't stop the run.  They don't have to. Kentucky didn't stop it.  They will let our guys run all they want between the 30s.  We will be our own worst enemas by running out a clock that we will dearly need at the end of the game.  Nix will bring the MFn house on pass plays.  If they can make Woodson look bad think what they will do to CD.  Spurrier is ruthless and will show Nutt no pity.  They figured out how to beat Houston last year and just ran out of time.
That may happen, but last time I checked, CD hadn't been hit all year.  Some cred goes to the O line, but he's just not exposed.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."  Joe Theismann

HOGPICKER

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 05, 2007, 11:42:14 am
Quote from: FlyFisher on October 05, 2007, 11:29:29 am
......Both QB's are very similiar, ......

Losing all credibility if you are saying this about Smelley and Dick.
Spurrier could coach CD up and beat our socks off with him.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."  Joe Theismann