Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AUBURN @ ARKANSAS: Who wins?

Started by mathhog, September 30, 2007, 02:41:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Assuming we beat UTC, look forward to the next SEC game.  Auburn @ Arkansas.  WHO WINS?

Auburn
305 (63.1%)
Arkansas
178 (36.9%)

Total Members Voted: 445

mathhog

September 30, 2007, 02:41:52 pm Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 08:54:44 pm by mathhog
?

SquirrelMasterFunk

user #9084 (the poster formerly known as cbad)

The meaning of life:  Eat less salt, be nice to people, and it is too short for cheap beer! - Stan Bond

Intelligent insults are too often wasted on the uncommonly stupid.

If you can't dazzle them with your intelligence, baffle them with your bull****.

jblack19

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

biggiepiggie

If Auburn can stop Florida's offense they can sure stop ours.

Tusks

Auburn won't score 49 points...but they will score enough to win.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

SquirrelMasterFunk

Quote from: nutted on September 30, 2007, 02:46:50 pm

Have you watched this D this year.
Sure we help UNT to 7.....but that was UNT.
user #9084 (the poster formerly known as cbad)

The meaning of life:  Eat less salt, be nice to people, and it is too short for cheap beer! - Stan Bond

Intelligent insults are too often wasted on the uncommonly stupid.

If you can't dazzle them with your intelligence, baffle them with your bull****.

ballhog™

Until Auburn got back on track last night I thought we would have a good chance.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

hogtusk

We beat them last year at thier place, so we "should " beat them here.
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

1highhog

Tone

Auburn plays vandy then has arkansas before they have to travel to Baton Rouge.  Arkansas has to hope they put a whooping on Vandy, then start looking toward the LSU game.  Auburns defense was hurt last night by Groves injury.  He dislocated his 3rd,4th and 5th toes.  He will not be back until they play LSU.  They also lost a RB-Davis for the season with a broken foot. Auburn does get Brad Lester back next week who is their top returning back from last year. 

I am going to both games Arkansas vs. Auburn and lsu vs. Auburn.  It should be an interesting two weeks.

Calling All Hogs

Depends on which Auburn team shows up. The one last night could have beat USC or LSU. They
had great focus, played hard and missed few assignments. When Auburn played Miss State it didn't even
look like the same team as last night. Hopefully last night's team teams stays away.

termite

We have always played Auburn well. We do not fear  them and we need to win to defend our turf . Coach Nut will be gone after this season so lets get behine the boys and have some fun with two of the best BACKS we are any body in S E C has ever had.    Boys, I'm 54 and D-MACS @ JONES only comes around once in a lifetime. Football coaches come and go. NUT will be gone so enjoy the rest.

jabohog

I really believe Arkansas will have a tough time winning any of it's remaining SEC matches. Home field doesn't mean anything for us. We can lose there as easily as we can on the road. My personal opinion, other than LSU, the remaining SEC games are tossups.

ckhawgu

If we're still predictable as ever but can still run it on them successfully, we'll win. If not, we're going to lose.

FootballHog

Quote from: cbad on September 30, 2007, 02:47:34 pm
Quote from: nutted on September 30, 2007, 02:46:50 pm

Have you watched this D this year.
Sure we help UNT to 7.....but that was UNT.

Have you watched Auburns O this year?

Im not even sure Auburn has scored 49 since Tubby has been there.

jpenrod1

This game will look just like last years, hogs win by more than the score shows.

leftymgp

Before last night I would have said us.  Now I'm not so sure.  We have always done pretty well against Auburn, though.  So who knows.

Gatornation

hogcoots

Auburn wins.  Here is the scenario.  We run well in the game.  We will not throw the ball well.  Auburn loads the box and presses at the corners.  No easy five yard completions to build confidence.  On defense, we will not get pressure on the QB with our defensive front.  Cox picks us apart.  In response, we blitz to pressure and the result is big plays for Auburn in the passing game with slants and screens.  Lester is back and gives them a running attack.  Auburn's young O-line starts to mature by creating holes in a less than spectacular Arkansas front.  It's close but we once again realize that there is a big difference in the Sunbelt and SEC.  Auburn 24; Hogs 17. 

leftymgp

Quote from: hogcoots on September 30, 2007, 04:07:05 pm
Auburn wins.  Here is the scenario.  We run well in the game.  We will not throw the ball well.  Auburn loads the box and presses at the corners.  No easy five yard completions to build confidence.  On defense, we will not get pressure on the QB with our defensive front.  Cox picks us apart.  In response, we blitz to pressure and the result is big plays for Auburn in the passing game with slants and screens.  Lester is back and gives them a running attack.  Auburn's young O-line starts to mature by creating holes in a less than spectacular Arkansas front.  It's close but we once again realize that there is a big difference in the Sunbelt and SEC.  Auburn 24; Hogs 17. 

So you mean a lower scoring version of our other SEC games.   Probability is good.

jpenrod1

Quote from: leftymgp on September 30, 2007, 04:17:52 pm

So you mean a lower scoring version of our other SEC games.   Probability is good.

We will not lose a low scoring game. D-Mac and Felix are to good. we will always score a lot of points. it just depends on our D.

camden5r

I have been wrong all year long, so why change now. HOGS win by 10. FIRE HDN

PioneerJack

Oh we got it going now.  In the words of Keith Jackson..."We "duminated" on both sides of the football last night".  It took a cupcake to get us turned around...but we did it.  Alabama and Kentucky better thank their lucky stars, they caught us early...or it would have been bad news for them.  Nutt has us turned around...and we'll be getting Marcus Monk back...Noone will be able to stop us now...except for maybe LSU.  It will be lots of singing now for Nutt and the gang....until the end of the season when we are getting our New Years day bowl bid....and we WILL get a good bowl bid.  WOOOOO  PIG  SOOOOIE.....Live it, learn it...and dang sure get used to hearing it...Go HDN.  

hogcoots

Quote from: PioneerJack on September 30, 2007, 04:34:47 pm
Oh we got it going now.  In the words of Keith Jackson..."We "duminated" on both sides of the football last night".  It took a cupcake to get us turned around...but we did it.  Alabama and Kentucky better thank their lucky stars, they caught us early...or it would have been bad news for them.  Nutt has us turned around...and we'll be getting Marcus Monk back...Noone will be able to stop us now...except for maybe LSU.  It will be lots of singing now for Nutt and the gang....until the end of the season when we are getting our New Years day bowl bid....and we WILL get a good bowl bid.  WOOOOO  PIG  SOOOOIE.....Live it, learn it...and dang sure get used to hearing it...Go HDN.  

You need to post more often.  That is funny stuff right there.

The real Hogules

Auburn will beat us like we beat them at their place last season.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Dugann

we do just because it is at home, if it was at WMS would be a lock.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

ishankem

Auburn wins by 10,  HDN's trail of tears continues!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: blunthog on September 30, 2007, 04:29:24 pm
I have been wrong all year long, so why change now. HOGS win by 10. FIRE HDN
I have been right all year long (nailed both the Bama and KY games) and I say Auburn by at least 2 TD's. If Auburn gives 75% of the effort they game at Fla, they'll win easily and this game will be the nail in the coffin for Nutt and his boys. If it goes as I think it will, his firing will be certain after the season.

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

GrizzledHogFan

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

wonz11

Apparently some of you did not get the memo informing you  that UF was never that great.  UF is a pretty good team that will drastically improve as the year goes along.  That beatdown of UT was an abberation.  They put up a lot of points late in the game.  The UF that played OM and AU is more along the lines of what that team actually brings to the table.  AU is about as bad of a matchup for UF as there is in college football.  On the other hand, Arkansas is about as bad of a matchup for Auburn as there is in college football.  This game is beatdown city.  Hogs will beat Auburn easier than we beat Ole Miss or MSU (assuming we even beat them).  We will win by at least two TD's and maybe as many as 4 TD's.     

jst01

Quote from: wonz11 on October 01, 2007, 10:02:32 am
Apparently some of you did not get the memo informing you  that UF was never that great.  UF is a pretty good team that will drastically improve as the year goes along.  That beatdown of UT was an abberation.  They put up a lot of points late in the game.  The UF that played OM and AU is more along the lines of what that team actually brings to the table.  AU is about as bad of a matchup for UF as there is in college football.  On the other hand, Arkansas is about as bad of a matchup for Auburn as there is in college football.  This game is beatdown city.  Hogs will beat Auburn easier than we beat Ole Miss or MSU (assuming we even beat them).  We will win by at least two TD's and maybe as many as 4 TD's.    

You're crazy.  Auburn is getting better with each game while we play NT and Chat.  Once we get back to SEC defenses, you will see the same stuff.  Bad passing, bad routes, bad catching, bad secondary, and Great running.  Thats what the Hogs do.  Auburn will put all effort into stopping the run and make our passing game beat them, well, we know how that has worked EVERY other game.  And if you wanna talk about matchups.  Any team in America that throws passes is a bad matchup or the Hogs.  Hogs lose by 10+ most likely. 

hogpowr

:razorback:  :razorback:

We have the talent to win, ;D we sadly lack the coaching :puke: .

:razorback:
Welcome Coach Bielema!

HamShank

If we get sufficient pressure on Cox, he falls apart.  Hogs win.

woghild

To think hooten and his lackeys are in the same league
as Auburn is laughable.  Go Tigers!  Drive another nail
in his coffin.

hogsanity

I still think this is a bad matchup for Auburn.  They are smallish on defense but fast, which helped the against Fla.  Ar showed what a physical team could do to them last year, and we have the same type team this year.  Also, passing is not their strong suit, and you have to throw to beat the Hogs. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: HamShank on October 01, 2007, 10:36:48 am

You mean the same pressure the Hogs put on Woodson of KY in the 2nd half?

badbrad

Auburn 33- Arkansas 20     Fire Nutty!!!!!

artyhog

anthonytkr

Quote from: CallMeHog on September 30, 2007, 03:12:43 pm
Depends on which Auburn team shows up. The one last night could have beat USC or LSU. They
had great focus, played hard and missed few assignments. When Auburn played Miss State it didn't even
look like the same team as last night. Hopefully last night's team teams stays away.

Could have beat USC or LSU?  ???  Um...no.

mathhog

now after the UTC debacle, what is the mood?  still about half of you think the hogs pull it off?  (Btw, auburn thrased (then) 3-1 vandy on saturday)

mathhog

PorkSoda

Unless this team bounces back and decides to get serious, Auburn will beat us handily.  I look for our defense to have a solid game against auburn, but our offense wont be a question mark, as they will know exactly what we are going to do.  Hurts to say it, but my best guess at this point leads me to think auburn will take this one.

24 Auburn
17 Arkansas (including a defensive TD)

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hogndog36

Smite me..... HAHA Smite me

HogginAllDay&Nite

I think Auburn's D struggles without Quentin Groves...My only fear is our run D
Loyal Razorback Fan Through It All

PinkPig

Sounds like a good analysis to me.  Plus, factor in that DMac is probably going to be limited somewhat by the rib injury, which may be worse than they are letting on.  Then add in the revenge factor (like Alabama), and you have an Auburn win.
"Censorship of anything, at any time, in any place, on whatever pretense, has always been and always will be the last resort of the boob and the bigot."
― Eugene O'Neill

AFWarrior83

I'm loosing faith...  If we win we will have to hang 50, since our Defense can't stop anyone from scoring.

Hogville member since 2005.

oldmantide

Quote from: HamShank on October 01, 2007, 10:36:48 am

You're right Ham... only chance the hogs have is to keep AU in third and long and to bang Cox around... or its going to be a long day for yall...not to mention AU probally has the best D yall seen this year..good luck and RTR!

MuskogeeHogFan

It seems Auburn has found their identity as a team and that is bad news for us. The first 5 years of Nutt's time here we were 4-1 against Auburn. The last 4 years we are 1-3(2-2 all time here at home). Our defense basically stinks, D-Mac is hurt, Monk may be coming back, Tuck is out and we have no passing game. This sounds like a 35-21 Auburn win to me.
Go Hogs Go!