Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bio Thread of candidates you want to see considered if Hogs get new coach for 2008

Started by Bacon The Saddle Again, September 28, 2007, 01:36:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogNuttz

Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

PAHog

Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

Brownie Tuggle

Steve Spurrier Jr. It's time to really shake up the secret handshake deals in Fayetteville.

Bubba_Hog

You will say it is impossible, but they said that about saban as well at bama.  Jimmy Johnson. Show him the facilities, show him the facilities and throw the checkbook at him.
Hey buddy, why don't you go grab daddy a cold one outta the fridge!

Bacon The Saddle Again

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Hogginitall

Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on September 28, 2007, 03:34:16 pm
No Butch Davis bio yet?  No Gus bio yet? 

Strange...

Not from me.  Butch Davis would be fine with me, but I would rather have several others, given the choice.  I don't want Gus at all.

DeltaBoy

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Nikki Sixx

Quote from: tophawg19 on September 28, 2007, 03:53:33 pm
jim levitt from south florida looks like a damn good choice to me

...but he will not leave South Florida. He has stated that many, many times.

Gopiggies

instead of Houston??  Ill take any div 1 coach, Gus, Bob Ladouceur,  Fry Cook at BK!  even the fry cook knows 8-9 in the box you throw.  the draw doesnt work.

Panthers63

How about this guy? I don't think I have seen Jim Harbaughs name on anyone's list. What do ya'll think? He has a pretty impressive track record.

http://gostanford.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/harbaugh_jim00.html

judgeroyswine

Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

Hogtimes

Arkansas cannot afford to take unnecessary risks with this  hire.   Therefore,  no current assistants.  Johnson is a pipe dream, so is Davis.   That pretty much leaves hiring a current successful head coach, of course he has to be willing to take on the challenges at Arkansas.   

Peterson at Boise--I don't think he will  leave Boise
Leavett at So. Florida--Has said over and he is not interested  in another job.

I think the one that is capable and would take the job is Gary Patterson at TCU.   He knows the area and would be able to recruit Texas.  Plus he is a darn good coach.

bcdeputy

Quote from: Hogginitall on September 28, 2007, 03:43:36 pm
Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on September 28, 2007, 03:34:16 pm
No Butch Davis bio yet?  No Gus bio yet? 

Strange...

Not from me.  Butch Davis would be fine with me, but I would rather have several others, given the choice.  I don't want Gus at all.

No Gus???  HOORAY!!!!

joshUARK

No thanks to Patterson (TCU). His offense is worse than Houston's. His strength is defense, so I don't expect to see him letting his OC airing the ball out much. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm a much bigger fan of Wilson (OU).

mclyte

I haven't heard much about this guy... Seems like everytime there is a job opening at a big time school or the NFL, his name is mentioned...  Kirk Ferentz (Iowa)

http://hawkeyesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ferentz_kirk00.html

razorback903

John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

bigyellowdog

mclyte

How about this guy.... He has a pretty impressive offense (Greg Davis from Texas - Offensive Coordinator)

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=32&url_subchannel_id=&url_article_id=593&change_well_id=2

Hogtimes

I don't think Ferentz would ever take the Arkansas job.   Would be a lateral move at best.   Iowa is his alma mater and it is a pretty good program.

spankinbacon

razorback903

John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

mclyte

Mike Singletary from the 49ers would be my dream choice (Assistant Head Coach / Defensive Coordinator)!!!  He is originally from Texas and played at Baylor!  He is going to be a bigtime coach! 

"Mike is one of the best leaders and teachers that I have ever been associated with," Nolan said. "Mike teaches with great passion and great energy; two things that are very important, I think, to being a successful teacher. There are not too many people that command the respect that Mike does the minute he walks into a room."  ---- Head Coach Mike Nolan on Singletary

http://www.sf49ers.com/team/coaches_detail.php?PRKey=16

bigyellowdog

mtnmusic

I can't believe you're leaving out Jason Garrett. He's a young coach on the way up instead of somebody else's worn out retread. The cowboy's offense is one of the most exciting in the NFL right now and I feel he would take a college gig before he ends up as a head coach for Jerry Jones.

intoxhog

Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

NWASooner

Please hire him.  The unintentional comedy would be gold Jerry, gold....

NYC Hog

"Rock n' roll means well but it can't help tellin' young boys lies."
--Drive By Truckers

intoxhog

Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

BigoBoys

We need to think beyond the NCAA.  We need to think about NFL experience.  Unless their season changes there will be 2-3 coaches that would love this job.  1.  Marvin Lewis 2. John Fox  3.  Herman Edwards 4. Romeo Crennel.  There will a couple of OC's that will get passed over for a job that would love this job like Norm Chow and Mike Martz.  P.S. don't forget that Steve Marriuci was a great college coach.  Don't forget that John Tyson is on the BOT now. 

SkunkyMunky

"Do you want to be safe and good, or do you want to take a chance and be great?"
Jimmy Johnson

"Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple."
Barry Switzer

SPAL

hogfan064

Ironhawg

Quote from: mtnmusic on September 28, 2007, 05:02:52 pm
I can't believe you're leaving out Jason Garrett. He's a young coach on the way up instead of somebody else's worn out retread. The cowboy's offense is one of the most exciting in the NFL right now and I feel he would take a college gig before he ends up as a head coach for Jerry Jones.

I'll bet it won't be long until you see Garrett grab a head coach gig in the NFL.

badbrad

Mike Price!!! UTEP... I know, I know, he likes strippers... But who doesn't??? The man can flat coach!!!