Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lines for this weekend other than the Hogs?

Started by Michael11, September 26, 2007, 10:53:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael11

Michael Thomason   Rom. 10:9/2CO.5:21

Michael11

Hogginitall

Quote from: Michael11 on September 26, 2007, 10:53:09 am
What do you all like this weekend?

Early leans are South Florida +7 and Alabama +3.  I'll let you know later who else.

Michael11

Quote from: Hogginitall on September 26, 2007, 11:20:28 am

Early leans are South Florida +7 and Alabama +3.  I'll let you know later who else.

I like Bama but not sure about South Florida, WV will be in it of payback!

Hogginitall

Like I said, early leans.  Those are just two that jumped out at me.  I know WVU will be looking for revenge, but I still think South Florida is the better team (mostly due to their defense).  Although, their Auburn win isn't as impressive as people were making it out to be right after it happened.  I'll give analysis later.

Conway Cool Daddy

Man, I got nothing.

ASU -4 Memphis ought to be interesting.

Also Maryland +17 Rutgers is worth looking at. Maryland is a lot better than they get credit for.

Nothing else looks very promising.

Hogginitall

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on September 26, 2007, 11:31:05 am
Man, I got nothing.

Also Maryland +17 Rutgers is worth looking at. Maryland is a lot better than they get credit for.

Only thing that scares me about the Memphis/ASU game is that I think I saw somewhere that Memphis is 6-1 SU in their last 7 against ASU.  Obviously, I haven't researched it or anything, but I think I did hear that somewhere.

Michael11

There really is not much this weekend that looks great! I would say the LOCK of the weekend if there is such a thing is Clemson -3 over Georgia Tech!

Other Possibilities are- Penn State -3 overe Illini; Cal +5 over Oregon; Kentucky -23 vs Florida Atlantic; Texas -15 vs Kansas State; and Troy -13 vs ULM

cosmodrum

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on September 26, 2007, 11:31:05 am
Man, I got nothing.

I was thinking the same thing.

I'm thinking about Troy covering the 12 points against La-Monroe.
Go away, batin'

hawgslop00

I'm liking East Carolina +10.5 @ Houston, and  Arizona St. -14.5 @ Stanford, but like ya'll said it's kinda tough picking this week.

_Collin1

Hey guys, I post my stuff every week and I am hitting about 70%, which is great for a better.

Last week I cleaned house on Kentucky and Ball St.  Here is what I think this week:

GO WITH THE BIG BOYS TO COVER...

LSU will cover the 40 on Tulane.  I didnt make a big bet cause its an early afternoon game and they can suprise sometimes, but not against LSU's defense.

OU will cover the 22 on Colorado.  OU is going to mow through the Big 12 like a lawn mower.  This is a night game and OU is killer in night games.

USC will cover the 21 on Washington.  If Ohio State can put up that score, USC will thrash them.

WVU covers the 7 on S. Florida.  Its been a nice ride, but dont let the Auburn game fool you.  S. Florida has a good team, but WVU is going to make a statement Friday night on national TV.  I can almost guarantee it.

Take Kansas St and the +14.5 points against Texas.  Why?  KState should have won at Auburn, but really you should take KSU because they have returned all their players from last year and so has Texas.  KState BEAT Texas 45-42 to knock them out of the Big 12 championship last November.  Same players and 14.5 points?  ill take it.

CINN and ARIZ ST. are both at -14 and have covered all year for me.  CINN is a betters dream this year.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

anthonytkr

_Collin1

hogfankb

I like the WV and Ark St lines so far. I would like to see Ark St fall back to 3 or 3.5 though.

Not a whole lot of games that jump out to me this week like the last few weeks.

Conway Cool Daddy

What do you guys think about Michigan v Northwesten?

I'm thinking Michigan runs away with this one, but I know next to nothing about NW.
I think Michigans problem is that their defense is incredibly slow and the teams that spread the ball out and have a quick QB will give them fits. Your typical Big 10 team is usually just a slow if not slower on defense.

Plus Mike Hart has been a man amongst boys, can he continue to carry teh ball 40+ times game?

Monk-N-Dunk

Which sites do you use to bet on?  I used Bodog.com for a while, but I heard some rumors of it shutting down or hard to get money from so took my account out of there, any good ones you guys use?

_Collin1

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on September 26, 2007, 12:11:53 pm
What do you guys think about Michigan v Northwesten?

I'm thinking Michigan runs away with this one, but I know next to nothing about NW.
I think Michigans problem is that their defense is incredibly slow and the teams that spread the ball out and have a quick QB will give them fits. Your typical Big 10 team is usually just a slow if not slower on defense.

Plus Mike Hart has been a man amongst boys, can he continue to carry teh ball 40+ times game?

I took Michigan covering the 17.  I think if Duke can beat NW and Michigan can beat Penn St., then Mich can cover against NW in a statement game.

_Collin1

Quote from: Monk-N-Dunk on September 26, 2007, 12:12:25 pm
Which sites do you use to bet on?  I used Bodog.com for a while, but I heard some rumors of it shutting down or hard to get money from so took my account out of there, any good ones you guys use?
Bodog had a domain name dispute, they are now bodoglife.com

It is tough to get money out of there, you have to wait a month or so... but I dont cash out until the end of seasons.  I cash my college football winnings after the bowls, my baseball winnings after the World Series, etc.

cosmodrum

Quote from: BigC51 on September 26, 2007, 12:00:11 pm
Hey guys, I post my stuff every week and I am hitting about 70%, which is great for a better.

Last week I cleaned house on Kentucky and Ball St.  Here is what I think this week:

LSU will cover the 40 on Tulane.  I didnt make a big bet cause its an early afternoon game and they can suprise sometimes, but not against LSU's defense.

OU will cover the 22 on Colorado.  OU is going to mow through the Big 12 like a lawn mower.  This is a night game and OU is killer in night games.

USC will cover the 21 on Washington.  If Ohio State can put up that score, USC will thrash them.

WVU covers the 7 on S. Florida.  Its been a nice ride, but dont let the Auburn game fool you.  S. Florida has a good team, but WVU is going to make a statement Friday night on national TV.  I can almost guarantee it.

Take Kansas St and the +14.5 points against Texas.  Why?  KState should have won at Auburn, but really you should take KSU because they have returned all their players from last year and so has Texas.  KState BEAT Texas 45-42 to knock them out of the Big 12 championship last November.  Same players and 14.5 points?  ill take it.

CINN and ARIZ ST. are both at -14 and have covered all year for me.  CINN is a betters dream this year.

I think I'll take the Sooners to cover.
Go away, batin'

mattjonesjags

Hogginitall

Just looked again, some to add to my list are:  Penn State -3 against Illinois and UTEP +1 1/2 against SMU.  I'm thinking UTEP might be my biggest play.  The only concern there is they're on the road.  That's where they've lost their only 2 games, but those were to better teams than SMU (lost @TT by 14---SMU lost to TT by 40 at home, lost @ NMSU by 5).  UTEP looks to be the better team, period.  SMU's homefield advantage isn't that great and especially now that they're 1-3 with their only win coming at home against North Texas by 14 points.  Also, SMU lost to Arkansas State by 17.  I think ASU is probably a little better than UTEP, but I still think UTEP wins this ballgame against SMU.

Michael11

What do you think about Clemson -3?

_Collin1

Quote from: Michael11 on September 26, 2007, 12:44:00 pm

Good question...  I am always high on Clemson when they are at home.  They aren't at home.  GT just got beat by a bad Virginia team on the road.

I would take Clemson, but not alot.  My reasoning is because of the Las Vegas Sports Consultants Poll.  Basically its a bookie poll.  Compare the bookie poll to the AP top 25 and you will find out who is good and who is overated.  Same reason I bet HARD on Miami over A&M, LVSC poll had A&M much farther down.  Same with Louisville.

Two teams that the LVSC poll doesnt like right now???  Clemson and Kentucky.  I think Clemson can cover this weekend but I think KU and Clemson are over their head as undefeateds.

Hogginitall

Quote from: BigC51 on September 26, 2007, 12:51:10 pm

Good question...  I am always high on Clemson when they are at home.  They aren't at home.  GT just got beat by a bad Virginia team on the road.

I would take Clemson, but not alot.  My reasoning is because of the Las Vegas Sports Consultants Poll.  Basically its a bookie poll.  Compare the bookie poll to the AP top 25 and you will find out who is good and who is overated.  Same reason I bet HARD on Miami over A&M, LVSC poll had A&M much farther down.  Same with Louisville.

Two teams that the LVSC poll doesnt like right now???  Clemson and Kentucky.  I think Clemson can cover this weekend but I think KU and Clemson are over their head as undefeateds.

Where can I go to look at that poll??

Michael11

Michael11

_Collin1

_Collin1

Quote from: Hogginitall on September 26, 2007, 01:12:17 pm
Quote from: BigC51 on September 26, 2007, 01:11:18 pm
http://wiseguys.com/lvscpoll.aspx

Thanks!  Might help sway me in the future....
Exactly, its not the place to base your bets on...  its a great list to compare to the AP Poll.  If there is a descrpency of 5 spots, then you know someone is overated or underated.

Michael11

Quote from: Hogginitall on September 26, 2007, 12:55:42 pm

Do you usually just do straight up bets with the spread?
I have been trying to figure out the best way to play. 3 and 4 team parlays are fun but...

Hogginitall

Quote from: Michael11 on September 26, 2007, 01:15:05 pm

I have been trying to figure out the best way to play. 3 and 4 team parlays are fun but...

I don't usually do parlays, unless it's just a small one for fun or I have strong feelings about 3 games.  They're REALLY tough to hit.  If I do play a parlay, it's a 3 team maximum.  But, usually I stick to single games.  You can hit 2 out of 3 games on a parlay and lose.  If you hit 2 out of 3 playing single games, you win.  That's how I look at it anyway.

Michael11

Quote from: Hogginitall on September 26, 2007, 01:24:22 pm

I don't usually do parlays, unless it's just a small one for fun or I have strong feelings about 3 games.  They're REALLY tough to hit.  If I do play a parlay, it's a 3 team maximum.  But, usually I stick to single games.  You can hit 2 out of 3 games on a parlay and lose.  If you hit 2 out of 3 playing single games, you win.  That's how I look at it anyway.

That makes sense, i have done pretty well with 3 teamers though. There are many weekends where 3 or 5 games stick out and you can do 3 teamers with a couple of scenarios and do well.

The one thing i have done a good bit of and done well is a 3 team 10 point teaser. It does not pay great like 83 cents on the dollar but many times it is a sure thing. When you have 3 of the big teams with high spreads if you bump them down 10 you can hit or when you have a decent team that gets say 12 or 14 give them say 22 or 24 and they will usually cover.
I really like this way of betting on the NFL!

Hogginitall

Quote from: Michael11 on September 26, 2007, 01:30:03 pm
Quote from: Hogginitall on September 26, 2007, 01:24:22 pm

That makes sense, i have done pretty well with 3 teamers though. There are many weekends where 3 or 5 games stick out and you can do 3 teamers with a couple of scenarios and do well.

The one thing i have done a good bit of and done well is a 3 team 10 point teaser. It does not pay great like 83 cents on the dollar but many times it is a sure thing. When you have 3 of the big teams with high spreads if you bump them down 10 you can hit or when you have a decent team that gets say 12 or 14 give them say 22 or 24 and they will usually cover.
I really like this way of betting on the NFL!

To each their own.  If you are having success playing 3 team parlays, then you should probably continue.  From personal experience, I end up losing 1 out of 3/4/5/6 games in a parlay and don't get anything for getting 2 out of 3, 3 out of 4, 4 out of 5, or 5 out of 6....and it made me real mad.  So, I just stopped playing parlays and started playing single games.  That way, if I hit 2/3, 3/4, 4/5, 5/6 games, I would end up way ahead.  Just the way I do it.  Like I said, to each their own.  If I was successful most of the time, I'd definitely still play parlays.  But I'm not, so I don't.

Bomis Hawg

I'm down with UCF -21 over ULaLa.
I'm going to ride Cincinnati until they fall.  Taking -14 over SDSU.
Clemson (-3 over GT), Arizona State (-14 over Stanford), and BYU (-5 over New Mexico) are three I like also.

hawgslop00

BigC51...Are you sure the Oklahoma game is at night, I think it starts at like 1 or something like that

hawgslop00

Not trying to call you out...I appreciate your input, I would agree with pretty much everything you posted

Hogginitall

Quote from: Michael11 on September 26, 2007, 11:39:01 am
There really is not much this weekend that looks great! I would say the LOCK of the weekend if there is such a thing is Clemson -3 over Georgia Tech!

Other Possibilities are- Penn State -3 overe Illini; Cal +5 over Oregon; Kentucky -23 vs Florida Atlantic; Texas -15 vs Kansas State; and Troy -13 vs ULM

Alright guys, I look at this website quite a bit and they have some pretty interesting system plays.  Take a look:

http://www.statfox.com/statfoxnews/news~articleid~3036~h~Two-Top-CFB-FoxSheets'-Situations-for-Week-5.htm

System #1 plays are:  Hawaii -26.5, Ohio State -22.5, and UCF -21
System #2 plays are:  UCF -21 and Troy -12.5

Both of these systems look good.  I might just play all of these games.

_Collin1

Quote from: hawgslop00 on September 26, 2007, 02:46:50 pm
BigC51...Are you sure the Oklahoma game is at night, I think it starts at like 1 or something like that
No, its at 1230.  Hmmmm.  I still think they can cover cause they dont have a 1st place vote in the AP and the are hungry!

Cobra

September 26, 2007, 10:06:25 pm #39 Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 10:14:20 pm by Cobra
Quote from: BigC51 on September 26, 2007, 05:25:28 pm
No, its at 1230.  Hmmmm.  I still think they can cover cause they dont have a 1st place vote in the AP and the are hungry!

I agree, I'm taking Oklahoma this weekend.  Florida St. held them to 6 points and I doubt OU's D is worse, plus their offense is pretty salty.  I also like Ark. St.  Right now I'm finding the money line (+250) very tempting for South Florida.  I just opened an account with sportsbook.  Anyone have any opinions of it?

_Collin1

September 27, 2007, 12:24:50 am #40 Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 11:19:57 am by BigC51
Never tried sprotsbook.  Careful with South Florida.  I really think this nice story they have going is taking a slight detour Friday night.

Michael11

Quote from: BigC51 on September 27, 2007, 12:24:50 am
Never tried sprotsbook.  Careful with South Florida.  I really think this nice stroy they have going is taking a slight detour Friday night.

I would agree 100%! I think WV rolles fairly easily!

Hogginitall

Quote from: Cobra on September 26, 2007, 10:06:25 pm

I agree, I'm taking Oklahoma this weekend.  Florida St. held them to 6 points and I doubt OU's D is worse, plus their offense is pretty salty.  I also like Ark. St.  Right now I'm finding the money line (+250) very tempting for South Florida.  I just opened an account with sportsbook.  Anyone have any opinions of it?

Well, I'm with you Cobra.  I think South Florida's defense is better than any of the defenses WVU has played against thus far.  I don't know if they can win it outright, but I think they hold it close.

Hogginitall

But, I'm not going to play the game.  Too many unknowns for me. 

ErieHog

South Florida does one thing exceptionally well that makes them a good bet;  they force turnovers.

I'll take them to cover over WVA; they may win the game outright.   I have been extremely underwhelmed by WVA to date, and if they put the ball on the ground a couple of times, this game could end up a USF win.  Take the USF kids and the 7 points.

Look for Duke to cover;  they're on fire after winning one, and nearly winning a second,  and Miami still has kinks on offense.  24 and a half is just too many points in this one.

Hawaii will cover easily against Idaho, needing only 26 more points.

I like Eastern Michigan to cover their 21 spread against Vandy.

Arkansas kicks 15 field goals, but fails to cover against UNT because of a bad quarter of defense.  36 is just too many.

Washington is better than a 21.5 point dog;  the last time USC visited Seattle, they squeaked out with a win.   Look for USC to fail to cover this game.

Lost in the epic Minnesota collapse this season is the fact their offense is still scoring more than *30* a game.     I'll give OSU a 15-20 point benefit for being a lot better than the defenses they've played this year, but do you really count on the Buckeyes scoring more than 35 points?   OSU fails to cover a 24 point spread.

Indiana covers against a terrible Iowa offense, too.  Iowa scores a shade over 19 PPG;  Indiana averages a shade under 37.   Iowa may lose this one outright, but I doubt it--  but certainly doesn't cover the 11.5 point spread.
No cause, ever, in the history of all mankind, has produced more cold-blooded tyrants, more slaughtered innocents, and more orphans than socialism with power. It surpassed, exponentially, all other systems of production in turning out the dead. The bodies are all around us. And here is the problem: No one talks about them. No one honors them. No one does penance for them. No one has committed suicide for having been an apologist for those who did this to them. No one pays for them. No one is hunted down to account for them. It is exactly what Solzhenitsyn foresaw in The Gulag Archipelago: "No, no one would have to answer. No one would be looked into." Until that happens, there is no "after socialism."

anthonytkr

September 27, 2007, 09:38:57 am #45 Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 09:40:44 am by anthonytkr
I'm riding Cinn also, they have won for me each week. They have won by 26 each game and SDSU has lost by an average of 24.

Penn St -3 in happy valley is a gift.

Ark St -4

GT +3

NT +36

I like WV running away against SF, the reason? Because i really like South Florida as a team and want them to win, therefore, they wont.

hawgslop00

Yea Stoops knows he has to win every game big if he wants to get into the title game.  He'll run the score up if he gets a chance.

ErieHog

Quote from: anthonytkr on September 27, 2007, 09:38:57 am
I'm riding Cinn also, they have won for me each week. They have won by 26 each game and SDSU has lost by an average of 24.

Penn St -3 in happy valley is a gift.

Ark St -4

GT +3

NT +36

I like WV running away against SF, the reason? Because i really like South Florida as a team and want them to win, therefore, they wont.

I think the Illinois game is a huge catch game for PSU;  they have been miserable offensively, and Morelli has continued to regress as a QB  (I'd rather have Casey Dick than Anthony Morelli at this point);   Illinois doesn't do much other than score somewhat consistently, so this is a game I would stay well away from betting.
No cause, ever, in the history of all mankind, has produced more cold-blooded tyrants, more slaughtered innocents, and more orphans than socialism with power. It surpassed, exponentially, all other systems of production in turning out the dead. The bodies are all around us. And here is the problem: No one talks about them. No one honors them. No one does penance for them. No one has committed suicide for having been an apologist for those who did this to them. No one pays for them. No one is hunted down to account for them. It is exactly what Solzhenitsyn foresaw in The Gulag Archipelago: "No, no one would have to answer. No one would be looked into." Until that happens, there is no "after socialism."

Hogginitall

Where are you WILL CLINTON?  I want to hear your picks for this weekend.

Bomis Hawg

I liked UCF before, not I think that game is easy money.  ULL is bad.  They fell victim to a D1aa school earlier.

BTW, last year USF held the dynamic duo of Slaton and White to a combined 60 rushing yards in Morgantown  (Slaton 43 & White 17).  USF is better than last year.  Playing at home.  USF won the last time they played in Tampa, and nearly pulled the upset last year.

Dangerous game, though.  I would probably pull the trigger on USF.  For those of you who like the teasers (I don't, personally) could bump the line up for USF and nail it, imo.