Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Was that Danny Nutt in the booth?

Started by mizzouman, September 22, 2007, 07:25:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bphi11ips

Quote from: LSUFan on September 22, 2007, 07:56:37 pm
Quote from: carlyle513 on September 22, 2007, 07:48:33 pm
LSU what are you saying ? that he is faking ?

No, he does have issues, but at the time they announced he was resigning, there were no aggravating issues, no bleeding, etc.

If you'll check the press conference by the Dale, around the 24th, after Danny had tests run, The Dale let it slip that there were no current or past issues of bleeding and that he was in good health.

I don't wish ill health on the man. I feel it is sad how his illness has been exploited by his own brother so that Dale and the posse can gain immunity from discovery of their communications with him.

Exactly.  The Danny Nutt lie may be the most despicable part of all this BS.  It truly make me want to  :puke: :puke: :puke:
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

gusaholic

HawgPilot

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 22, 2007, 09:39:24 pm
Quote from: LSUFan on September 22, 2007, 07:56:37 pm
Quote from: carlyle513 on September 22, 2007, 07:48:33 pm
LSU what are you saying ? that he is faking ?

No, he does have issues, but at the time they announced he was resigning, there were no aggravating issues, no bleeding, etc.

If you'll check the press conference by the Dale, around the 24th, after Danny had tests run, The Dale let it slip that there were no current or past issues of bleeding and that he was in good health.

I don't wish ill health on the man. I feel it is sad how his illness has been exploited by his own brother so that Dale and the posse can gain immunity from discovery of their communications with him.

Exactly.  The Danny Nutt lie may be the most despicable part of all this BS.  It truly make me want to  :puke: :puke: :puke:

Couldn't ahve said it any better.  This whole family is a joke :'(

Lake City Hog

NCAA limits number of coaches on staff.

Hoggish1

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 22, 2007, 09:26:01 pm
I saw the sick nutt in the booth.  :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Yo, Delta Boy, time to change nuts career SEC record to 48-48...

Scott E.

That's a headset on the man. 

Busted.

sanfordhog

I thought he had to step down for health reasons?

BigArkyintheRock

Trickeration is great, until you get caught.

Did you all hear that sound? Crackdown by the NCAA on the UofA for this!

WPS! :razorback:
And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

Scott E.

Quote from: hogapalooza on September 22, 2007, 09:44:01 pm
This deserves a golf game.

I may be a darksider, but I'm not gonna celebrate a major NCAA infraction.

I'm always up for a round of golf though.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: hogsrmyfav36 on September 22, 2007, 09:37:57 pm
Quote from: whitecohogg on September 22, 2007, 07:42:16 pm
That "faking being sick" comment warrants a ban. Danny Nutt has serious problems and he doesn't need a$$holes on here making fun!!

He was also working with the running backs down on the field before the game.  He looked perfectly healthy doing that. 

This cannot be ignored by the PTB.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

rhog1

If this is really a violation Nutt should be gone tonight. The last thing our next coach needs is a NCAA violation hanging over his head to start off with.   

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: KEYS on September 22, 2007, 09:45:42 pm

How is this a major infraction?  I don't understand why he couldn't be in the booth with a headset on?

I mean, if there is a NCAA limit on coaches with headsets on during a game, wouldn't they have to prove he was coaching?  Surely the NCAA doesn't limit how many people can be in the booth, or listening with a headset, do they?

Keep in mind, I honestly don't know the answers to these questions.  I'm not trying to say you are wrong or anything.. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 22, 2007, 09:50:59 pm
Quote from: KEYS on September 22, 2007, 09:45:42 pm

How is this a major infraction?  I don't understand why he couldn't be in the booth with a headset on?

I mean, if there is a NCAA limit on coaches with headsets on during a game, wouldn't they have to prove he was coaching?  Surely the NCAA doesn't limit how many people can be in the booth, or listening with a headset, do they?

Keep in mind, I honestly don't know the answers to these questions.  I'm not trying to say you are wrong or anything.. 

He was on the field working with the running backs, too.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Scott E.

It IS a major infraction.  Now we wait for the fallout. 

gusaholic

Are you kidding me?  D. Nutt in the booth with a headset on?

pigfeet

hoghearted

Will the NCAA pay attention to this, or will they let it slide?
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

LSUFan

Quote from: KEYS on September 22, 2007, 09:52:48 pm
tick, tick, tick, time is on our side.

From what I've heard, Danny was also there against Troy, and was in the locker room at half-time coaching.

hawgcallsooie

I hope so. I would hate to think that we cheated and still lost like that.

WILL CLINTON

Ok, I believe you, but can you tell me why??  Why would the NCAA care how many coaches you have on your staff, or people with headsets on, in the booth, or on the field?

stronguard

Its legal.  They can have anyone they want in the booth or on the sidelines.

The ONLY reason Danny left was to defelct some of the attention of the whole emailgate fiasco.  It was a ruse.  Danny is no longer an employee of the U of A so you can't FOI his records anymore. 

The Nutts are dirty.  Every one of them.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Catcher in the Sty

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 22, 2007, 09:57:03 pm

Ok, I believe you, but can you tell me why??  Why would the NCAA care how many coaches you have on your staff, or people with headsets on, in the booth, or on the field?

Because of their rules, perhaps?

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Catcher in the Sty on September 22, 2007, 09:58:49 pm

Wow, what in the hell would be the point in having a rule about people with headsets on, or how many coaches you can have? 

The NCAA truly is an asinine organization, but if it hlps get rid of Nutt, then I'm all for it. 

3kgthog

No, it's not legal. The NCAA has rules on how many coaches we can have and if Gomer Pyle had a headset on then he's considered a coach. Come on down NCAA.

Hogz87

I honestly wouldn't care if the NCAA came down on our coaching staff and football program for it.  Anything that makes HDN and the rest of our pathetic staff look bad to the nation is a win in my book.

NMMIHog

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on September 22, 2007, 09:47:49 pm
Quote from: hogsrmyfav36 on September 22, 2007, 09:37:57 pm
Quote from: whitecohogg on September 22, 2007, 07:42:16 pm
That "faking being sick" comment warrants a ban. Danny Nutt has serious problems and he doesn't need a$$holes on here making fun!!

He was also working with the running backs down on the field before the game.  He looked perfectly healthy doing that. 

This cannot be ignored by the PTB.

I agree with you notshavin. It should not be ignored, but I bet they do.

stronguard

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 22, 2007, 10:05:08 pm
No, it's not legal. The NCAA has rules on how many coaches we can have and if Gomer Pyle had a headset on then he's considered a coach. Come on down NCAA.

I have a feeling we are under the limit whatever the limit is..  I'm not calling you out, but I'm pretty confident that Danny with a headset is a non issue to the NCAA

If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

LSUFan

I will stand by what I said in the past and got hammered for by members and mods.

Danny Nutt resigned under the vail of Health Reasons so as to protect past and future communications with Houston/Teresa/Posse and keep them exempt from discovery, cloaked under Medical Privacy Exclusion Rights.

Houston Nutt and Danny Nutt orchestrated the daily harrasment of one Mitchel Mustain, which resulted in his eventual reluctant transfer.

War Warthog

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 22, 2007, 10:02:38 pm

Wow, what in the hell would be the point in having a rule about people with headsets on, or how many coaches you can have? 

The NCAA truly is an asinine organization, but if it hlps get rid of Nutt, then I'm all for it. 

Now its the NCAA's problem for having a rule.

What's next? I suppose we can start seeing "Is he out killing somebody?" and "Don't you remember when you were in college?" defenses.

Resignation called, brutha!

hawgcallsooie

The NCAA limits the number of volunteer assistants a school can have, so I would think that number of people in the booth wearing headseats would be something the NCAA might have an issue with.

PulledPork

praise Jesus, Bro. Danny is healed!  The lawd wooks in mysterious ways and has brought him back from near death to lead our Hogs to victory!!  Oops....

Pulled out....

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: War Warthog on September 22, 2007, 10:13:05 pm
Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 22, 2007, 10:02:38 pm

Now its the NCAA's problem for having a rule.

What's next? I suppose we can start seeing "Is he out killing somebody?" and "Don't you remember when you were in college?" defenses.

You are barking up the wrong tree here guy.  I will never defend Houston Nutt, I just wanted to get some clarification.

I don't care whose rule it is, and it isn't anyone's problem as far as I know.  I am just curious.  I don't want to get my hopes up.  It seems to me that they would have to prove he was coaching if the rule is to prevent "extra coaches".  To me, him being on the field, or in the booth is no different than a booster having sideline passes. 

Now, if there is a "people with headsets" clause to the extra coaches rule, I understand.

I am just trying to find clarification so I can be as happy as some other people are on here. 

I can see how it would be a big deal to Arkansas fans who want the Nutt cancer cut from this program, but I don't see the NCAA really giving a crape.  I hope I'm wrong and someone is already on the phone with a moving company to get Nutt as far away from Arkansas as possible. 

ThisLittlePiggie

The ONLY thing that could save their ass is if D. Nutt is OFF the payroll, from the time he was replaced by Tim Horton.

LSUFan

Quote from: PulledPork on September 22, 2007, 10:17:10 pm
praise Jesus, Bro. Danny is healed!  The lawd wooks in mysterious ways and has brought him back from near death to lead our Hogs to victory!!  Oops....

Pulled out....

ROFLMAO!

Anon2

I thought the limit on number of coaches was how many could be recruiting at the same time.  May be wrong, probably am as usual.

Scott E.

The NCAA limits the number of coaches just like they limit the amount of practice time / preseason / recruiting contacts / etc.  That way small budget schools are able to compete a bit better with big budget schools.

In this case, Danny Nutt isn't even a coach at Arkansas

http://www.hogwired.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&KEY=&SPID=2419&SPSID=30722

Quote from: LSUFan on September 22, 2007, 10:20:30 pm
Quote from: PulledPork on September 22, 2007, 10:17:10 pm

Pulled out....

ROFLMAO!

I would not be surprised one bit if that was Dale's answer to that question tomorrow.  He is attending a pentecostal church now......

War Warthog

Danny obviously was not coaching.

He was spotting for Mark Martin.

Scott E.

Perhaps the headset was for email dictation.

War Warthog

He was translating Lee's playcalls into that "special" Nutt language.

Quote from: KEYS on September 22, 2007, 10:51:46 pm
Perhaps the headset was for email dictation.

As well as hotel reservations.

Fence Jockey

Quote from: War Warthog on September 22, 2007, 10:53:56 pm
He was translating Lee's playcalls into that "special" Nutt language.

Translating into the native tounge of Nutt!!!!! HA HA Now that funny!

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Catcher in the Sty on September 22, 2007, 11:20:57 pm

So can just anybody hang out in the coach's booth these days?

And what's the headset for?

Let me guess:  He was listening to Chuck.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Marshfieldhog

If this was legal...Bama, OK, USC, and the big money schools would have 50 coaches on the field and in the booth. You have to have a limit and we broke it....in other words we cheated for the whole world to see. That should be an automatic termination for HDN for being so stupid.

samske

September 22, 2007, 11:33:49 pm #98 Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 11:42:12 pm by samske
Something about NCAA Bylaw 11.7.2

This has lead me to this...

http://www.ncaa.org/library/membership/division_i_manual/2007-08/2007-08_d1_manual.pdf

I'm sniffing around it now...stay tuned.

*Update* it basically says that any off-field or on-field activity related to instructing, evaluating film, etc counts as a coach.  This is loosy-goosy wording and could probably be argued by a good attorney.  It doesn't specifically exclude anyone from simply having a headset and listening. 

11.7.1.1.1 Countable Coach. An athletics department staff member must count against coaching limits
as soon as the individual participates (in any manner) in the coaching of the intercollegiate team in
practice, games or organized activities directly related to that sport, including any organized staff activity
directly related to the sport.

11.7.2 Bowl Subdivision Football. [FBS] There shall be a limit of one head coach, nine assistant coaches
and two graduate assistant coaches who may be employed by an institution in bowl subdivision football.

bhuie

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on September 22, 2007, 11:30:59 pm
If this was legal...Bama, OK, USC, and the big money schools would have 50 coaches on the field and in the booth. You have to have a limit and we broke it....in other words we cheated for the whole world to see. That should be an automatic termination for HDN for being so stupid.

If stupidity was sufficient cause to terminate HDN, ole Hooten would have been gone long ago...

But I do wanna see him 'splain this one...