Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Was that Danny Nutt in the booth?

Started by mizzouman, September 22, 2007, 07:25:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

War Warthog

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on September 22, 2007, 11:28:03 pm
Quote from: Catcher in the Sty on September 22, 2007, 11:20:57 pm

So can just anybody hang out in the coach's booth these days?

And what's the headset for?

Let me guess:  He was listening to Chuck.

Still say he was translating for HDN.

"Houston? Lee just called a play that's kind of like the one Pee-paw showed us, except instead of handing it off to DMAC, you have to let the ball fly forward in the air for a really long way - like six or seven yards."

Resignation called, brutha!

Pecos Hog

It'd be up to us to report ourselves to the NCAA.    None of our opponents would because they don't want the Nutts to leave.   They would hate for Arkansas to have a real coaching staff.

War Warthog

HDN: "Sorry, I can't confirm whether my brother Danny was in the coaching booth, much less wearing a headset in the booth, due to medical privacy law."

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: stronguard on September 22, 2007, 10:07:00 pmI have a feeling we are under the limit whatever the limit is..  I'm not calling you out, but I'm pretty confident that Danny with a headset is a non issue to the NCAA

If Dale gets pinged on it, hell, he'll just throw Ealy under the bus again.

War Warthog

Quote from: stronguard on September 22, 2007, 10:07:00 pm
Quote from: 3kgthog on September 22, 2007, 10:05:08 pm
No, it's not legal. The NCAA has rules on how many coaches we can have and if Gomer Pyle had a headset on then he's considered a coach. Come on down NCAA.

I have a feeling we are under the limit whatever the limit is..  I'm not calling you out, but I'm pretty confident that Danny with a headset is a non issue to the NCAA

Just to understand your post, you are saying Danny in the booth is okay because HDN has chosen to use less than the maximum allotment of coaches?

You feel comfortable with the notion that every other college in the nation is likely using the maximum amount of resources they are allowed to use, while our fearless leader seemingly - according to your premise - thinks it is okay to handicap the program by using less than the maximum amount?

Big Papa Satan

Anybody that thinks we are below the allotment needs to go count the number of coaches in this link.

http://www.hogwired.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&KEY=&SPID=2419&SPSID=30722

War Warthog

Silver Hog

Quote from: whitecohogg on September 22, 2007, 07:42:16 pm
That "faking being sick" comment warrants a ban. Danny Nutt has serious problems and he doesn't need a$$holes on here making fun!!

shut yer pie hole nutt lover!

SwinedMelon

need to keep this thread up toward the top at all times.
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

PinkPig

"Censorship of anything, at any time, in any place, on whatever pretense, has always been and always will be the last resort of the boob and the bigot."
― Eugene O'Neill

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

That "faking being sick" comment warrants a ban. Danny Nutt has serious problems and he doesn't need a$$holes on here making fun!!

So you have no problem with the "DN" on the helmets and the announcement Dale made in a press conference?
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

bvillepig

Come on guys no way Vaughn and Shibest count as coaches.

War Warthog

September 23, 2007, 12:18:59 am #112 Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 12:20:50 am by War Warthog
HDN: "We had Danny listening to the Paul Eells call of the overtime game with Kentucky. That was a special game."

Marshfieldhog

I wonder if our so called media will ask Nutt this in the presser tomorrow? I would love to hear the reasoning of how they would knowingly vilolate NCAA rules..question is will the media do their job and ask?

usnavyhogfan

so who would make the call to the ncaa? i doubt the bac or the ptb will
The dream is free, the journey is not.

A Boy Named Sue E.

Danny was on the receiving end of a miracle.

War Warthog

HDN: "After the last scrimmage, I went to his office about a week later or — I can't remember — three or four days
later. Went to his office right before a recruiting trip or something. Went there and said, '"You know, HD III is
interviewing at the intramurals office. He's got maybe the Pi Kappa Alpha lined up, as well. If that happens, I'm going
to go hard after Danny," and I think he (Lee) felt good about that until I said, "I think to get him, though,
we're going to have to let him sit in the booth." Then you saw a different look, and I can understand, you know, because everybody wants those titles, those things. But I just thought to get Danny back — I know what would help
Felix Jones and those guys. Danny took Darren to the Heisman runner-up."

SwinedMelon

"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

jblack19

Quote from: swisshog on September 23, 2007, 12:12:45 am

I agree, definately deserves a ban. So does that last comment. But it wont happen.

War Warthog

HDN: "Those ESPN cameras flash to the booth so quick, it just messes ya up!"

RazrBakr

Mike Markuson 
Offensive Line - Running Game Coordinator 

Any other Div 1 schools have a Offensive coordinator, a running backs coach and a Running Game Coordinator ???
Just can't help smiling these days!!!

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on September 23, 2007, 12:48:45 am
We're going to need a lot more than 10 coaches to win with this gameplan. 
Ain't that the truth.

I'm starting to wonder what our coaches do during the week.

I did read where they were teaching players how to celebrate after a big play.  That has to count for something, right?
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

War Warthog

Danny: "Houston, next time DMAC comes in we need to take a round of wedge and give him some more air pressure in his helmet."

War Warthog

Wild Bill Hog

I thought the rationale for moving Louis Campbell out of coaching was so they could get Vaughn back on the field so he could go out and recruit.  In other words, it seems they had the max allowable coaches and then Horton replaced Danny.  Looks like one too many to me.

Salty Hog

Tomorrow Danny will claim it's all his fault and that Houston had no knowledge of him being in the booth, and he was just "listening" for old times sake on the headset!
Fear The Hog!!!!

31to6

Quote from: stronguard on September 22, 2007, 09:57:22 pm
Its legal.  They can have anyone they want in the booth or on the sidelines.

The ONLY reason Danny left was to defelct some of the attention of the whole emailgate fiasco.  It was a ruse.  Danny is no longer an employee of the U of A so you can't FOI his records anymore. 

The Nutts are dirty.  Every one of them.
The only limit I could find in the rule book (with a very cursory scan) was a limit of 60 non-player personnel in the coach's box.

Scott E.

NCAA Rule 11.7 deals with limitations on the number and duty of coaches

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: KEYS on September 23, 2007, 01:41:48 am

Ouch...

But Danny wasn't coaching!

...in the coaching booth.

...with a headset on.

...standing right behind the "offensive coordinator".
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

31to6

yah. my bad.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on September 23, 2007, 01:45:04 am

Ouch...

...with a headset on.

Thank god, otherwise we might be in trouble....

31to6

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on September 23, 2007, 01:46:38 am
Quote from: Lando Calrissian on September 23, 2007, 01:45:04 am

Ouch...

...with a headset on.

Thank god, otherwise we might be in trouble....
They have an iron-clad defense:

"Just look at the game film. Did it look like our team unfairly benefited from excessive coaching?"

Sonofahog

He wasn't coaching,  he had on a RED shirt,  and the coaches all had on the WHITE shirts.

That will be there story, and they will stick to it.
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

alltimeqb

September 23, 2007, 03:36:09 am #133 Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 03:37:55 am by alltimeqb
If you are that concerned about it, report it.  Or call for rule interpertation.  I just may myself.

Contact the NCAA National Office
The National Collegiate Athletic Association
700 W. Washington Street
P.O. Box 6222
Indianapolis, Indiana 46206-6222

Phone: 317/917-6222
Fax: 317/917-6888

All Packages:
1802 Alonzo Watford Sr. Dr.
Indianapolis, IN 46202

All invoices:
NCAA
Accounts Payable Department
PO Box 6058
Indianapolis, IN 46206-6058

Rules and eligibility interpretations questions (NCAA Membership Services Group - no e-mail)
Initial Eligibility Clearinghouse questions (registration, status, PIN numbers, etc. - no e-mail)
E-mail the Public Relations staff - (general comments and questions from the public or phone 317/917-6762)
E-mail the Webmaster - (report technical problems only with this Web site)

WoooPigSooie

NCAA Rule 11.7.1.1.1 states "an athletics department staff member must count against coaching limits as soon as the individual participates (in any manner) in the coaching of the intercollegiate team in practice, games or organized activities directly related to that sport, including any organized staff activity directly related to that sport."

NCAA Rule 11.7.1 states "an individual who coaches and either is uncompensated or receives compensation or renumeration of any sort from the institution, even if such compensation or renumeration is not designed for coaching, shall be designated a head coach, assistant coach, volunteer coach, graduate assistant coach or student-assistant coach by certification of the institution."
"The Heisman is supposed to define college football's most outstanding football player.

I saw him here Saturday night. Darren McFadden."

Oinkle Sam

Quote from: alltimeqb on September 23, 2007, 03:36:09 am
If you are that concerned about it, report it.  Or call for rule interpertation.  I just may myself.

Contact the NCAA National Office
The National Collegiate Athletic Association
700 W. Washington Street
P.O. Box 6222
Indianapolis, Indiana 46206-6222

Phone: 317/917-6222
Fax: 317/917-6888

All Packages:
1802 Alonzo Watford Sr. Dr.
Indianapolis, IN 46202

All invoices:
NCAA
Accounts Payable Department
PO Box 6058
Indianapolis, IN 46206-6058

Rules and eligibility interpretations questions (NCAA Membership Services Group - no e-mail)
Initial Eligibility Clearinghouse questions (registration, status, PIN numbers, etc. - no e-mail)
E-mail the Public Relations staff - (general comments and questions from the public or phone 317/917-6762)
E-mail the Webmaster - (report technical problems only with this Web site)

It's sad that fans would risk possible penalties on the program for the sake of wanting to get rid of their head coach! With that being said....

GO FOR IT!!!!!!

usnavyhogfan

The dream is free, the journey is not.

hogs25

I've read on another board last week (ok woopig) that D Nutt is still being paid $170,000.  How in the world is that legal?   

blue

Quote from: War Warthog on September 23, 2007, 12:36:50 am
HDN: "After the last scrimmage, I went to his office about a week later or — I can’t remember — three or four days
later. Went to his office right before a recruiting trip or something. Went there and said, ‘”You know, HD III is
interviewing at the intramurals office. He’s got maybe the Pi Kappa Alpha lined up, as well. If that happens, I’m going
to go hard after Danny,” and I think he (Lee) felt good about that until I said, “I think to get him, though,
we’re going to have to let him sit in the booth.” Then you saw a different look, and I can understand, you know, because everybody wants those titles, those things. But I just thought to get Danny back — I know what would help
Felix Jones and those guys. Danny took Darren to the Heisman runner-up."
I like it!

HawgAdvocate

Lasy night during the broadcast, it showed a camera shot of the offensive coach's box, and there standing behind Lee was Danny, with headset on.

Isn't it an NCAA violation to have so many coaches on staff? I was just curious.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

There is a long discussion of this (complete with visual evidence) in a thread below.

Chief Mac

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on September 23, 2007, 08:12:10 am
Lasy night during the broadcast, it showed a camera shot of the offensive coach's box, and there standing behind Lee was Danny, with headset on.

Isn't it an NCAA violation to have so many coaches on staff? I was just curious.

yes it is a NCAA violation for Danny to still be actively coaching and getting paid. 
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Donald Miller

Quote from: hogs25 on September 23, 2007, 06:48:03 am
I've read on another board last week (ok woopig) that D Nutt is still being paid $170,000.  How in the world is that legal?   
It's in the Democrat this morning.................175K with undefined duties.

Is the DN still on the back of the helmets?  I'd say he's well enough to remove it. So, far he's made every game and that includes Bama last week.

SiriusHog™

Yeah, his health has REALLY taken a turn for the worse... wake up huggers and open your eyes.. danny was about to have to answer some really tough questions about emailgate and the health bullcrap was just a smokescreen....guess what guys, dude is still drawing 160k/year even though he "resigned".... god I hate houston nutt... and his brother.. couple of A-Number One A-Holes... leave this state and never come back..

PulledPork

Quote from: jblack19 on September 23, 2007, 12:44:49 am
Quote from: swisshog on September 23, 2007, 12:12:45 am

I agree, definately deserves a ban. So does that last comment. But it wont happen.
who cares what you think...he wasn't sick and you huggers swallowed the hook!

Pulled out...

HeathWimp

Quote from: rlh06 on September 22, 2007, 09:25:26 pm
I saw him up there and thought, "WTH is he doing up there?"  My next thought was, "somewhere in the stadium TP is scarffing on two dozen boxes of ring-dings."

+1
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

SiriusHog™

Quote from: HeathWimp on September 23, 2007, 08:29:26 am
Quote from: rlh06 on September 22, 2007, 09:25:26 pm
I saw him up there and thought, "WTH is he doing up there?"  My next thought was, "somewhere in the stadium TP is scarffing on two dozen boxes of ring-dings."

+1

hell she was probably on the sidelines with a headset on...

Arkie

That sure was Big D standing in the booth with his headphones on.  Man, we got some fine play callers don't we?

hoghearted

Maybe Danny was acting as 'enforcer' to David Lee, making sure he towed the company line with his 'playcalling'.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle