Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sam McGuffie

Started by Puerco Diablo, April 24, 2007, 10:32:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Puerco Diablo

This kid is becoming a high school legend down here in Texas.  He plays at Cy Fair in Houston.  That is a stones throw from Shibest's alma mater, Aldine McAuther.  He needs to start working his connections.

Check out this highlight video.  Some incredible runs near the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4IJ17ODo_s

mbgrulz

I guess the right thing to do would be to hire his dad. that seems to be the way recruiting is going.

the kid looks like a stud. i hope we can get him. having a heisman RB wouldn't hurt.

bd93

April 24, 2007, 10:44:16 pm #2 Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 10:51:16 pm by bd93

Now on the video was pretty freaking amazing.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=54392&sport=1

It might be pretty hard to steal him from those schools we would be competing with....

Also he had a 40 inch vertical leap. That is pretty damn good for a white boy!

Sportsguy120

mbgrulz

Quote from: bd93 on April 24, 2007, 10:44:16 pm

It might be pretty hard to steal him from those schools we would be competing with....

dang racist :)

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Earlier in the recruiting process he said  we were a school that he was very interested in. As of today from what I know, we have not offered him, and it appears we will not at this point. That kind of speed would be very hard to look past, in my opinion.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

thahawg

He looks like one hell of a talent, but it's to late in the process to get on him.

Wu Tang Clan

Pretty good for anybody.  This kid is being recruiting by everybody not named Texas, and Arkansas would just be wasting  their time.  With the current enviroment at Arkansas, and the staffs inability to steal a top recruit or to in the past. I fear this will not be a strong recruiting class.   Arkansas is not a school like Ohio State or LSU that could deal with so much national speculation.

ckhawgu

Dude is a stud running back! To bad Arkansas can't at least get their name on the list with an offer to this guy.

arklahoman36

The_Bionic_Pig

If Arkansas starts to racking up the W's this season as it did last season you will see a lot of 08' recruits out of state take immediate interest....One thing we won't have to do this time around is recruit heavily out of state because the Natural state is so freaking loaded this season much more than even last year.  Their are 3-4 RB's instate that in any other year we would consider "MUST GETS"   so as long as we take care of business just about everything out of state will only be icing on the cake.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Tomhog™

Cy-Fair?  My old school.  I don't hear about the Bobcats very often anymore.  Was down there just a few weeks ago surveying my old homestead and buying a car.  NW Houston has really, really grown.  The road I used to ride my bike on to Safeway is now a four lane divided highway.  The building was still there, just called Food World now...

Stewie is right, there is a lot of talent in state.  More so on the offensive side than the defensive, however.  Though there will be fewer Div. I signees this next year than last year, the SEC level talent is deeper...

Hogstocking

April 25, 2007, 08:21:59 am #12 Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 08:45:43 am by Hogstocking
Quote from: Tomcat on April 25, 2007, 07:37:08 am
Stewie is right, there is a lot of talent in state.  More so on the offensive side than the defensive, however.  Though there will be fewer Div. I signees this next year than last year, the SEC level talent is deeper...

Fo sho.  Seems like every year we're producing better quanity and quality on the offensive side of the ball.   But man, on defense its the COMPLETE opposite.   I can't even remember the last Arkansas kid to play in the secondary for the hogs or anyother BCS team (rashawn fellows maybe for the vols?), and we produce basically zero LBs.  Fairchilds the only one that's produced at LB in a long long time.  I would really like to see the instate defenisve side of the ball catch up to the offensive side.

Puerco Diablo

Cy-Fair?  My old school.  I don't hear about the Bobcats very often anymore.  Was down there just a few weeks ago surveying my old homestead and buying a car.  NW Houston has really, really grown.  The road I used to ride my bike on to Safeway is now a four lane divided highway.  The building was still there, just called Food World now...

I went to Kingwood High.  I don't go back often but I don't even recognize FM 1960 anymore.  I spent alot of time over in the spring-cypress area when I was growing up.  The girls were cuter and wilder.

southern hawg

Dare I say this kid reminds me of DMAC (running syle-wise).  He looks to be at full speed after about his third step and just blows by defenders that have the apparent angle on him.  Does anyone else see it?

ceegar

Quote from: Hogstocking on April 25, 2007, 08:21:59 am
Weston Dacus has done pretty well too.  But other than that you are right.  Very few LBs or DBs

Fo sho.  Seems like every year we're producing better quanity and quality on the offensive side of the ball.   But man, on defense its the COMPLETE opposite.   I can't even remember the last Arkansas kid to play in the secondary for the hogs or anyother BCS team (rashawn fellows maybe for the vols?), and we produce basically zero LBs.  Fairchilds the only one that's produced at LB in a long long time.  I would really like to see the instate defenisve side of the ball catch up to the offensive side.

Go Hogs. Go Noles.

southern hawg

April 25, 2007, 09:23:07 am #16 Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 04:48:01 pm by southern hawg
WOW!  358 car., 3,212 yds, 9 yd avg. 44 td's as a junior.

wooly

Didn't anybody read what the Michigan coach told him?  Proof that college coaches will tell high school players anything.

"he told me I could be the first white freshman All-American running back"

He sounds like he would be an ideal Nutt recruit. He loves the running game at A&M.

jhudson84

Lloyd Carr is a tool.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: southern hawg on April 25, 2007, 09:18:20 am
Dare I say this kid reminds me of DMAC (running syle-wise).  He looks to be at full speed after about his third step and just blows by defenders that have the apparent angle on him.  Does anyone else see it?

He has the same blast that D-Mac has and is more athletic, but he does not have the physicality that D-Mac has.  Sam McGuffie has rarely been touched, so his ability to take a big shot will be questioned. 

Tomhog™

Quote from: Puerco Diablo on April 25, 2007, 09:02:38 am

I went to Kingwood High.  I don't go back often but I don't even recognize FM 1960 anymore.  I spent alot of time over in the spring-cypress area when I was growing up.  The girls were cuter and wilder.

I only recognized a handful of places on FM1960.  There is nothing the same around there anymore...

jhudson84

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on April 25, 2007, 10:54:21 am

He has the same blast that D-Mac has and is more athletic, but he does not have the physicality that D-Mac has.  Sam McGuffie has rarely been touched, so his ability to take a big shot will be questioned. 

Hes more athletic than Darren, the same guy that was a five star athlete and I believe the #2 athlete in the nation coming out by Rivals. 

jhudson84

Quote from: champiro2357515 on April 25, 2007, 11:58:23 am
hes going to b one of the top 100 y would nutt try to get him he hasnt done that in a couple of years

Who couldve guessed that some idiot would turn a simple recruit post into a Nutt bash.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: jhudson84 on April 25, 2007, 12:08:44 pm
Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on April 25, 2007, 10:54:21 am

Hes more athletic than Darren, the same guy that was a five star athlete and I believe the #2 athlete in the nation coming out by Rivals. 

He is a championship hurdler, and a freak athlete.  He can vertically jump defenders, but with that being said he does not have the football skill that McFadden has.  McFadden would be a first round pick at LB, S, and maybe even reciever.   

jhudson84

jhudson84

VenturaHog

that interview is funny, this kid is really playing the field, the section about watching LSU and their slow RB's was funny.

Hogstocking

April 25, 2007, 07:25:03 pm #27 Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 01:13:52 pm by Hogstocking

Hogstocking

McGuffie is now reporting an offer from the hogs...Says hes looking at teams that run the ball a lot, and mentioned Arkansas.

The_Bionic_Pig

May 20, 2007, 02:18:01 pm #29 Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 02:22:18 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: mbgrulz on April 24, 2007, 10:36:14 pm
I guess the right thing to do would be to hire his dad. that seems to be the way recruiting is going.

the kid looks like a stud. i hope we can get him. having a heisman RB wouldn't hurt.

If we secure the committment of the best in-state RB talent and a Florida RB (which in my opinion is better) we will be in better shape. 

De'Anthony Curtis
Dennis Johnson

To go along with Juwan Franklin, Brandon Barnett, Michael Harris.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

501Ben

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on May 20, 2007, 02:18:01 pm
Quote from: mbgrulz on April 24, 2007, 10:36:14 pm

If we secure the committment of the best in-state RB talent and a Florida RB (which in my opinion is better) we will be in better shape.

De'Anthony Curtis
Dennis Johnson

If we get De'Anthony Curtis and that Carlton Thomas we will be set for long time.

Joe

Pretty good for a white boy?  That is pretty good no matter what color you are. He is a RB. Do we say that Dennis Johnson is pretty good for a black boy? No, so why would we point out the fact that Sam is white? He is a great HS RB, and hopefully we can get him on campus for a visit.

You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

tophawg19

this kid has great vision and a great 1st step very elusive and runs with good power and keeps his pad level low. the hurdling players must be stopped . that is a good way to get a knee blown out and end a career . we need this kid bad. but so does everyone else.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

AnthroHog

De'Anthony Curtis
Dennis Johnson

After looking at all the player's stats, they're all studs.  Anyone know the chances of us getting Thomas, McGuffie, Curtis, or Johnson?

Does anyone know for certain that Brandon Barnett and Juwan Franklin have qualified? 

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: AnthroHog on May 20, 2007, 07:26:17 pm

De'Anthony Curtis
Dennis Johnson

After looking at all the player's stats, they're all studs.  Anyone know the chances of us getting Thomas, McGuffie, Curtis, or Johnson?

Does anyone know for certain that Brandon Barnett and Juwan Franklin have qualified? 

Is the Bobo kid from Atkins on this level?  I haven't heard his name in a while.  Anyone know what is going on with him?
Retired Radio Host

Hogstocking

McGuffie will visit Arkansas this summer.

tophawg19

this kid needs to be the #1 recruit on our list.

Hogtide

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 03, 2007, 12:28:09 pm
this kid needs to be the #1 recruit on our list.

In Mcguffie's article yesterday he was named MVP for the RB's at the Nike Camp in Colorado.  He says his summer visits will be Michigan, Arkansas, Fla. St., Cal, and maybe some Ivy league schools.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 20, 2007, 07:48:39 pm
Quote from: AnthroHog on May 20, 2007, 07:26:17 pm

De'Anthony Curtis
Dennis Johnson

Is the Bobo kid from Atkins on this level?  I haven't heard his name in a while.  Anyone know what is going on with him?

I get the feeling that DeAnthony Curtis will be our next RB committ.   This will pretty much mean that unless your an elite RB who is being nationally recruited their will be no more offers.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jhudson84

I hadnt heard of him being interested in ARk in quite some time this kid can flat out play.

jhudson84

These stats are unreal
2006 (Jr.)
ATT.358
YARDS 3,121
AVG. 8.7
TD'S 43

Hogstocking

McGuffie is reporting 30 offers and said Arkansas, Nebraska, Michigan, Cal, USC, and all the Florida schools are his favorites. 

IMO we have a legit shot at landing him.

tophawg19

this kid can run track as well . he would be a good hurdler

Hogstocking

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 08, 2007, 03:01:26 pm

Yep.  You'd think when he visits Fayetteville, him getting to meet John McDonnell and DMAC would make a big impression.   

Tomhog™

Quote from: Hogstocking on June 08, 2007, 03:09:43 pm

Yep.  You'd think when he visits Fayetteville, him getting to meet John McDonnell and DMAC would make a big impression.  

If it were up to me, DMAC would be his host.  Let him meet John, and show him the track trophies.  Also show him some of the best facilities in the country!

tophawg19

i think we all agree on this kid . a white boy who can run . go figure  ;) . this kid and the kid from fairview would build the running game for a long time.

Landonhog

Quote from: Tomcat on June 08, 2007, 03:14:59 pm
Quote from: Hogstocking on June 08, 2007, 03:09:43 pm

If it were up to me, DMAC would be his host.  Let him meet John, and show him the track trophies.  Also show him some of the best facilities in the country!

Exactly!  How perfect would that be!  Especially if it came down to the last minute, say in January; and DMac had a brand new piece of hardware!  That would be too sweet!

AFWarrior83

He must be related to Matt Jones lol! I hope we can land him, he would get his share of carries.
Hogville member since 2005.

AFWarrior83

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=8&c=1&nid=2750610

We're not on his list from Scout, maybe we just got in contact with him?
Hogville member since 2005.

thahawg

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on June 08, 2007, 05:26:08 pm
http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=8&c=1&nid=2750610

We're not on his list from Scout, maybe we just got in contact with him?

Scout can be slow at times.