Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Take this to the bank

Started by CCCharlie, February 27, 2007, 05:59:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gopigsgo

Pork your making way to much sense.

HoopS

Quote from: James K. Pork on February 27, 2007, 09:31:04 pm

Well ok, what if Casey Dick went 1/39 against Florida in the SECCG, but the last pass and only completion was a game winning touchdown pass...... Does this put him in the same situation as Mitch (Showing leadership when the game is on the line)?

Indeed.  Same goes for Matt Jones during the Miracle on Markham.  He stunk up the joint most of the game.  But with everything hinging on his arm, he responded in the final drive.

you know, ultimately, it came down to who got it done when it had to be done.  Sure Mitch threw some picks.   Ironically, if he had thrown a pick instead of a TD at the end of the Bama game, he would probably still be here.   Huggers should love Mitch for that fact alone.  If we lose the Vandy or Bama game, Nutt was likely outta here.  Mitch did a pretty good job in the Vandy game and a gust of wind provided the little extra we needed.

mykidsdad

Quote from: JimBoT on February 27, 2007, 07:25:33 pm
Too bad  that those who are hoping that Arkansas loses a lot of games next year (that's what I call a REAL Razorback fan) will never know what would happen if Kentucky beats the Hogs for that will not happen. How can anyone hate a human being so much that they want him to fail and in this case they want his team to fail? That is beyond my understanding.

How can someone love a coach so much that they sacrifice people with integrity to protect that coach? How can someone be so enamoured with a coach that they can overlook is deceitful and divisive ways?

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: mykidsdad on February 28, 2007, 11:05:39 am
Quote from: JimBoT on February 27, 2007, 07:25:33 pm
Too bad  that those who are hoping that Arkansas loses a lot of games next year (that's what I call a REAL Razorback fan) will never know what would happen if Kentucky beats the Hogs for that will not happen. How can anyone hate a human being so much that they want him to fail and in this case they want his team to fail? That is beyond my understanding.

How can someone love a coach so much that they sacrifice people with integrity to protect that coach? How can someone be so enamoured with a coach that they can overlook is deceitful and divisive ways?
And he's not a very good coach on the field anyway, so I don't understand what it is they find so likeable about Nutt.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

jkstock04

Quote from: Golfer on February 27, 2007, 08:18:10 pm
Quote from: jkstock04 on February 27, 2007, 07:35:22 am
Quote from: BigDeal on February 27, 2007, 07:34:19 am
We play Kentucky on the third game of the year at HOME. I garentee you Coach Nutt ,Lee & Co. will have the troops fired up and beat this team. Kentucky is hurting in the secondary, so I would expect Casey Dick to have a HUGE game against them too.
LOL.  You think we're gonna pass the ball?  What evidence do you have that thats gonna materialize?

And what evidence does anyone have that we will lose to Kentucky??
Well if we're gonna use evidence...the only real evidence we have is Nutt's record against Kentucky....which is 2 wins and 2 losses.  So that evidence shows that theres a 50/50 shot that we lose to Kentucky. 

Personally I think we beat Kentucky this year with our running game.  I don't think we'll have to have a passing game to beat them.  All I said was that nothing is gonna change in the passing game....why would you expect otherwise?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

GBPackerFan

Quote from: James K. Pork on February 27, 2007, 09:31:04 pm

Well ok, what if Casey Dick went 1/39 against Florida in the SECCG, but the last pass and only completion was a game winning touchdown pass...... Does this put him in the same situation as Mitch (Showing leadership when the game is on the line)?

Indeed.  Same goes for Matt Jones during the Miracle on Markham.  He stunk up the joint most of the game.  But with everything hinging on his arm, he responded in the final drive.

So, even if a QB is 0-27 and finally completes one on the last pass of the game to win the game, then he is a hero?  What if it was a pointless pass (i.e.-we are either losing or winning and the next play will not make a difference)? 

HogsSon46

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 28, 2007, 11:14:43 am
We play Kentucky on the third game of the year at HOME. I garentee you Coach Nutt ,Lee & Co. will have the troops fired up and beat this team. Kentucky is hurting in the secondary, so I would expect Casey Dick to have a HUGE game against them too.
LOL.  You think we're gonna pass the ball?  What evidence do you have that thats gonna materialize?

Well if we're gonna use evidence...the only real evidence we have is Nutt's record against Kentucky....which is 2 wins and 2 losses.  So that evidence shows that theres a 50/50 shot that we lose to Kentucky. 

Personally I think we beat Kentucky this year with our running game.  I don't think we'll have to have a passing game to beat them.  All I said was that nothing is gonna change in the passing game....why would you expect otherwise?

If nothing changes in the passing game then we fail next year. No Heisman and about 3 or 4th in the SEC.

jkstock04

Quote from: HogsSon46 on February 28, 2007, 11:43:08 am
Quote from: jkstock04 on February 28, 2007, 11:14:43 am

If nothing changes in the passing game then we fail next year. No Heisman and about 3 or 4th in the SEC.
The problem is that a  lot of people will consider this a success, and have the "we shouldn't expect more" attitude.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HogsSon46

The problem is that a  lot of people will consider this a success, and have the "we shouldn't expect more" attitude.
[/quote]

What are you talking about? Everybody expects more...a lot more!

BennyBlancofromtheRock

BennyBlancofromtheRock

HOGBLOODED

Quote from: King-Tusk on February 27, 2007, 08:31:30 am
What's really laughable is that we are starting posts about what will happen when we lose to Kentucky in FOOTBALL!! 

Thanks nutt, for making the fans lower their expectations and expect losses from Kentucky in FOOTBALL!  

I DO NOT expect  to lose to Ken-sucky

RazorRaider

Quote from: HOGBLOODED on February 28, 2007, 04:28:55 pm
What's really laughable is that we are starting posts about what will happen when we lose to Kentucky in FOOTBALL!! 

Thanks nutt, for making the fans lower their expectations and expect losses from Kentucky in FOOTBALL!  

I DO NOT expect  to lose to Ken-sucky

At this point I would not exactly be expecting a win for certain. While I did in my prediction of how I thought the season will turn out I listed KY as a win I also said it was a toss up. HDN has trouble with this school for some reason.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

gopigsgo

If not for a stroke of luck he would be 0-4 against the basketball dynasty , in Little Rock our Defense saved our a$% as they pretty much dominated us and had the ball like on our 13 or something when time ran out. The other game also coulda/shoulda as it was like 7 overtimes. The games they won (KY) I can't even get started on. Like Vandy....

RazorRaider

Quote from: gopigsgo on February 28, 2007, 04:52:03 pm
If not for a stroke of luck he would be 0-4 against the basketball dynasty , in Little Rock our Defense saved our a$% as they pretty much dominated us and had the ball like on our 13 or something when time ran out. The other game also coulda/shoulda as it was like 7 overtimes. The games they won (KY) I can't even get started on. Like Vandy....

funny how the huggers never mention these facts isn't it? They just automatically assume Dale is going to beat KY.

Sad truly sad.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

gopigsgo

razorjacket2006

Dude that deserves a +1

D-Mac is great at RB and QB so lets see what he can do at Head Coach

HogsSon46

Quote from: BennyBlancofromtheRock on February 28, 2007, 03:58:03 pm
Hogson...nice avatar!

You like that. DMAC is the man on campus. Has all the little girls all over him!

ilovepinebluff

I dont understand how any of those wins are lucky. Alabama was a lucky game. LSU in 2003 was a lucky game. We straight up beat Kentucky in 1998 and we blew a late lead against Kentucky in 2003. If anything, the 2003 game was a hard fought game between 2 teams. There was no luck about it.

gopigsgo

When watching that game in 98 in Little Rock we played from behind alot. I thought we were going to dominate them, I just felt like we were lucky at the end of the game with those passes into the endzone for them not being complete. The game at KY with all the overtimes just seemed like we were destined to lose. The Game in Fayettville that we lost was actually the one I thought we played best in. There was just this one five minute period where we threw a pick then they turned it into a TD in no time, then they held us, we punted and they run it back for a TD. 14 points we never recovered from. I've never been in a more depressed RRS crowd. From before the game to finish no one was ever in that game.

BennyBlancofromtheRock

Quote from: HogsSon46 on February 28, 2007, 05:16:50 pm
Quote from: BennyBlancofromtheRock on February 28, 2007, 03:58:03 pm
Hogson...nice avatar!

You like that. DMAC is the man on campus. Has all the little girls all over him!

I'm sure he does....I'm sure he does.

Pork Twain

Quote from: CCCharlie on February 27, 2007, 05:59:39 am
when we lose to KY this year, the press will NOT report that the only way Nutt can save his job is to win the SEC Championship. :puke:
I bet if Nutt lost to Kentucky and still won the SEC Championship we would all be pretty darned happy.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

GBPackerFan

wirebender25

Arkansas will not lose to Kentucky.  You darksiders are just reaching for anything.

PiggyBack

Quote from: wirebender25 on March 01, 2007, 07:57:12 am
Arkansas will not lose to Kentucky.  You darksiders are just reaching for anything.

A "W" over Kentucky is not a gimme.  We just traded Vaughn for Campbell and Kentucky has shown improvement in the passing game.  This won't be a gimme.
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

hawgaramus

Quote from: gohogs3218 on February 27, 2007, 07:49:30 am
Where is everyone getting that David Lee is such an asset for the program? It is his THIRD time here. What did he do before? His contract was up at Dallas and his job was to break down film. People are saying he developed Romo also not true. He played at E. Illinois under none other than Roy Wittke. Recognize that name? Yet another good coach that HDN ran off. Give me a break. You guys need to clean off your rose colored glasses or at least be realistic.

Ummmm, Romo himself said that Lee is the one who helped develop him into a pro quarterback, and took Lee with him to the Pro Bowl  He did more at Dallas then just break down game film. 

But I guess Romo wouldn't be a good source for info on who helped develop him....

hawgaramus

Quote from: RazorRaider on February 28, 2007, 04:56:03 pm

funny how the huggers never mention these facts isn't it? They just automatically assume Dale is going to beat KY.

Sad truly sad.

Funny to me that you guys love to dwell on the close wins and the so called lucky wins, but anytime somebody brings up a close loss (i.e. moral victories), that person gets jumped on.

If you can't call a loss a moral victory, then you can't call a win lucky.....

hawgaramus

Quote from: opineonswine on March 01, 2007, 01:22:44 pm
Quote from: hawgaramus on March 01, 2007, 01:20:19 pm
Where is everyone getting that David Lee is such an asset for the program? It is his THIRD time here. What did he do before? His contract was up at Dallas and his job was to break down film. People are saying he developed Romo also not true. He played at E. Illinois under none other than Roy Wittke. Recognize that name? Yet another good coach that HDN ran off. Give me a break. You guys need to clean off your rose colored glasses or at least be realistic.

Ummmm, Romo himself said that Lee is the one who helped develop him into a pro quarterback, and took Lee with him to the Pro Bowl  He did more at Dallas then just break down game film. 

But I guess Romo wouldn't be a good source for info on who helped develop him....

I've heard this but never have seen it in print.  I'd like to read that.  Do you have a link?

Try www.google.com 

Great for finding info....

Hawgasaurus

Can we "book it"?
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

Hog Fan 51

Was USC-W a moral victory, b/c we did not get beat by 50+ again?
The over used wildcat will be rendered ineffective as it was after our 8-0 starting QB was benched!

hawgaramus

Quote from: Hog Fan 51 on March 01, 2007, 01:25:25 pm
Was USC-W a moral victory, b/c we did not get beat by 50+ again?

A loss is a loss.  But I see people on this board slamming Nutt for talking about how we were 2 or 3 plays away from beating LSU and Florida, but then also want to slam him for being 2 or 3 plays away from losing a game.  You can't have it both ways.

The bottom line is a win is a win, and a loss is a loss. 

joebut18

Quote from: hawgaramus on March 01, 2007, 01:23:28 pm
Quote from: RazorRaider on February 28, 2007, 04:56:03 pm

Sad truly sad.

Funny to me that you guys love to dwell on the close wins and the so called lucky wins, but anytime somebody brings up a close loss (i.e. moral victories), that person gets jumped on.

If you can't call a loss a moral victory, then you can't call a win lucky.....

Dude...haven't you figured it out.  All Nutt wins are "lucky" with most of these people.  This thread is a joke.  Anytime you title a thread with "take this to the bank" followed up with possibly losing to KY next year...this is stirring the pot, that's it and makes all the anti-Nutt people spew in their pants. 

eclipse

Quote from: BigDeal on February 27, 2007, 08:34:54 am

This has already been discussed to a great degree. Coach Lee was hired in to develop the passing game. Coach Nutt is committed to that as he has already stated. He picked David Lee because he developed  Tony Romo.

Was Tony Romo great this year???  What were his final stats??  Everyone keeps talking about how great Tony Romo is and how Lee got him there, what is so special about Romo to everyone????

hawgaramus

Quote from: eclipse on March 01, 2007, 01:41:03 pm

This has already been discussed to a great degree. Coach Lee was hired in to develop the passing game. Coach Nutt is committed to that as he has already stated. He picked David Lee because he developed  Tony Romo.

Was Tony Romo great this year???  What were his final stats??  Everyone keeps talking about how great Tony Romo is and how Lee got him there, what is so special about Romo to everyone????

Ummm, maybe that he played in the pro bowl, in his first year of receiving any real playing time.... seems like that would make any player special.....

eclipse

Quote from: hawgaramus on March 01, 2007, 01:42:49 pm
Quote from: eclipse on March 01, 2007, 01:41:03 pm

Ummm, maybe that he played in the pro bowl, in his first year of receiving any real playing time.... seems like that would make any player special.....

Playing in the pro bowl now means you are a great player???  He was barely over .500 in starts and he was terrible down the stretch.  He finished the year as an average QB, nothing special. 

mrcrowley

Quote from: HoopSlap on February 27, 2007, 07:42:49 am

And I guarantee you, Woodson will tear our secondary up more than Casey Dick can even dream of tearing theirs up.   They actually worked on improving their passing game this past season.   You want to talk about a bad secondary, do you think ours is anything to brag about?   Chris Houston is gone.  Red is about the best we have, maybe J Norton.  What about the other 2 or 3 receivers they will use?   Who will replace Anderson with the heat on the QB?  ARob will do well, who else?   Put me on the record with this;  we may very well win this game, but it won't be easy.  I think we will rack up the ground yardage, and if we win the turnover ratio, will likely win.    This "W" is far from a lock, IMO.
#5 left #5 right   touchdown arkansas
            "       "   "    "      "                       "

HoopS

Keep that up and we will see #5 on the sidelines from wear and tear.  Clemson had a great rushing attack, not DMac and Felix but pretty darn good. 

But hey, why the heck not...let's go completely one dimensional.   Just pray our Heinzelman hopeful doesn't suffer from that huge target on his back.   I know we have great backs, I also know that making the D respect the whole field would reduce the pounding he will take.  I bet he would agree.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: mrcrowley on March 01, 2007, 02:28:57 pm
Quote from: HoopSlap on February 27, 2007, 07:42:49 am

And I guarantee you, Woodson will tear our secondary up more than Casey Dick can even dream of tearing theirs up.   They actually worked on improving their passing game this past season.   You want to talk about a bad secondary, do you think ours is anything to brag about?   Chris Houston is gone.  Red is about the best we have, maybe J Norton.  What about the other 2 or 3 receivers they will use?   Who will replace Anderson with the heat on the QB?  ARob will do well, who else?   Put me on the record with this;  we may very well win this game, but it won't be easy.  I think we will rack up the ground yardage, and if we win the turnover ratio, will likely win.    This "W" is far from a lock, IMO.
#5 left #5 right   touchdown arkansas
            "       "   "    "      "                       "
#5 tears ACL or hamstring, #11 throws to the Defense, Razorbacks lose to LSU, UT, Bama, Auburn, possibly UK, go to Weedwhacker Bowl.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

bearcathog

What is the Razorbacks records with David Lee on the Staff???? Does anyone know??
"Never Trust a Bunny" Wolf to Twitchy

Hog Fan 51

Quote from: bearcathog on March 01, 2007, 04:31:28 pm

What is the Razorbacks records with David Lee on the Staff???? Does anyone know??

The only one that Matters. Hogs record in NC games 0-0 with Lee on staff.
The over used wildcat will be rendered ineffective as it was after our 8-0 starting QB was benched!

razorbear

Quote from: Hog Fan 51 on March 21, 2007, 01:17:06 pm

The Hogs only have one national championship so there are a lot of OC's that have that record for Arkansas if you single out the NC.

I took this thread to the bank and it was determined to be worthless!  :puke:
Brutha, you got to get real!

Hog Fan 51

Quote from: razorbear on March 21, 2007, 01:38:01 pm
Quote from: Hog Fan 51 on March 21, 2007, 01:17:06 pm

The Hogs only have one national championship so there are a lot of OC's that have that record for Arkansas if you single out the NC.

I took this thread to the bank and it was determined to be worthless!  :puke:
Yes, but I am saying this stat is worthless, b/c he had his shot and failed to make anything out of it here at Ark.

Newport Hog

I think either them or Ole Miss will take us out, I think our team will be going thru the motions thou when Bama beats us thou.  You the National title hopes will be gone in the second game of the year.  Also for Casey Dick I predict he will have a good season at first but struggle in the middle of the year and late in the year.

Ironhawg

Is Casey going to be handing off in the secondary or something?

longtimeHogfan

Coach Lee was hired in to develop the passing game. Coach Nutt is committed to that as he has already stated.

I've been hearing that for 9 years.  In all that time, nothings happened to our program to make me think we will ever develop a passing game as long as Dale is there.  Wasn't that why we hired Gus? 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

razorsox

Yeah because that is such a stretch.  Why don't you go look up which qb led the SEC in passing last year and then tell me who is going to replace Chris Houston and you will see it is not that unbelievable that Kentucky could beat us!
The last thing we need is a bunch of rednecks running around with McFadden Cowboy jerseys.

razorsox

Quote from: Footballref on February 27, 2007, 07:51:28 pm
It amazes me that people still are posting things like if Nutt is still hear.

People get over it he is hear for next year I promise you just get used to it.

Also about KY beating us we don't even need a coach to beat them guys get real
and we are playing them here.

Did you happen to catch the game in 03 HERE or were you polishing your Nutt statue?
The last thing we need is a bunch of rednecks running around with McFadden Cowboy jerseys.

BennyBlancofromtheRock