Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeff Long Contract

Started by WoooPigBrewie, November 09, 2017, 06:16:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WoooPigBrewie

Contract law question.

Has anyone actually seen his contract language?

If it truly has an automatic rollover provision, would the Chancellor not have to terminate him for cause in order for the contract not to automatically extend?

Also, does anyone know if it is fully guaranteed?

If it is, and the Chancellor has no cause for termination, would he not be owed some money?

Thanks.

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

KennyForAD

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 09, 2017, 06:16:16 pm
Contract law question.

If it truly has an automatic rollover provision, would the Chancellor not have to terminate him for cause in order for the contract not to automatically extend?

If it is, and the Chancellor has no cause for termination, would he not be owed some money?

Thanks.

I can answer contract law questions, but not your questions, without having a copy of the contract. 

ricepig

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 09, 2017, 06:16:16 pm
Contract law question.

Thanks.

I have seen the 2015 contract, or at least the part that has the automatic rollover in it. It is on another site. It states that by automatic operation of Section 12 of the Employment Agreement it extends the contract to blah blah blah. Matt Jones says he has confirmation that he is under contract until 2022. The letter giving him his raise in 2012 says that if he is fired for convenience, he is owed $1m/yr.

Piggfoot

Quote from: ricepig on November 09, 2017, 06:47:49 pm
I have seen the 2015 contract, or at least the part that has the automatic rollover in it. It is on another site. It states that by automatic operation of Section 12 of the Employment Agreement it extends the contract to blah blah blah. Matt Jones says he has confirmation that he is under contract until 2022. The letter giving him his raise in 2012 says that if he is fired for convenience, he is owed $1m/yr.
So we fire Bielema and Long and it costs us what, Ten mill? Pocket change for Hogville. I forgot. Maybe another Five mill to buy out the contract for a Hogville approved coach.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Tigaman

Quote from: ricepig on November 09, 2017, 06:47:49 pm

Who in the hell creates a contract like that? It's idiotic. Is the BOT too lazy to discuss and renew his contract every few years? I think you have the reason why Long will be staying and looking for jobs right now. These he have a "morality" clause in his contract?