Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Moving up

Started by Hogg_Phan, October 29, 2010, 07:53:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogg_Phan

#16 Florida State lost,  ;D, in an exciting game last night to NC State. Depending who else loses and we handle our business against Vandy, we move up a couple spots. When we beat South Cacalacky and LSU to end the season, we should be in a pretty good spot for a Real Bowl game.

What are your thoughts on which bowl game we get, provided we do win out. I say we wind up 3rd in the SEC with Auburn and Alabama 1 and 2 depending on the Iron Bowl outcome. This would put us in line for the Cotton Bowl, which I have always liked, as it never hurts to get a chance to impress some Texas recruits. But not sure if the above scenerio plays out, will we get a BCS Bowl?
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

Hook 'em Hogs

Wouldn't we be in a good position for the Capital One Bowl? If Bama wins, and its close, Auburn could still be a BCS Bowl team. Capital One Bowl is a better get than Cotton. 

Kevin

acc is a joke of a bcs conference in football
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

johogs001

If we end up 3rd behind Auburn and Alabama I would say the Capital One Bowl because as bad as the SEC East is right now I don't see how the Sugar Bowl could take the East winner. 

3BoarsDown

I get the feeling this is going to be a wild weekend of upsets in college football.

We needs losses to start piling up.

Hogg_Phan

Quote from: Hook 'em Hogs on October 29, 2010, 08:19:18 am
Wouldn't we be in a good position for the Capital One Bowl? If Bama wins, and its close, Auburn could still be a BCS Bowl team. Capital One Bowl is a better get than Cotton. 

No, I agree, I was just saying the Cotton Bowl usually takes the #3 team out of the SEC, and it's not a bad bowl for us especially for the ease of travel to get there for hog fans. I know there are better bowls out there and want to get the best available. I was trying to get an idea what the thoughts out there was. I say we win out, we should get a BCS bowl.

I would think it would be better if Auburn beats Alabama and wins the SEC title game because this would assure them of going to the BCS Championship and would make us look better as far as only losing to teams ranked at the top.
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

1CavHog

Most of the Top 10 play on the road I expect a couple upsets.

Ulysses_S_Grunt

The best thing that could happen for us at the moment is for Bama to lose to LSU and Auburn. If that happens and Auburn and us win out, we're sitting pretty for a Sugar Bowl bid.

HawgTrough

We need Auburn and LSU to win out (with the exception of LSU over ARk) to have a shot at the Sugar Bowl.
WPS

1CavHog

Potential upsets:

7 Missou v 14 Nebraska
5 Mich St v 18 Iowa
3 Auburn v Ole Miss
1 Oregon v 24 USC

Brian the Turrible

We need Aubie to win out and play for the NC. We also need Bama to lose another besides the iron bowl. We finish 10-2 and in the Sugar bowl as the East winner will probably have 4 losses after the SEC Championship. If Bama finishes 10-2 or 11-1 then it's probably Cap One. We could still get Cotton invite at 9-3 or even 8-4.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

JONAS

Just win out and we should be no worse than the Capital One Bowl.  I wish they would change the name back to the Citrus Bowl.  I can't stand these Corporate Bowl names.  I do not have a problem with the Capital One Citrus Bowl.  That sounds so much better.

Hog Milanese

The Big East should be left out of the BCS this year. Maybe the ACC too, unless they have a team finish in the Top 12-15 in the BCS poll.

Too bad it won't happen.

JONAS

Quote from: Hog Milanese on October 29, 2010, 06:19:08 pm
The Big East should be left out of the BCS this year. Maybe the ACC too, unless they have a team finish in the Top 12-15 in the BCS poll.

Too bad it won't happen.

I agree.  The Big East champion may have 4 losses.

LSPRazorbac

If we win out and the west champs win the SEC we should get the Capital One bowl as long as 2 SEC Teams go to BCS bowls.

You could see 4 teams from the west go to 2 BCS bowls and the Capital One and Cotton Bowl before an east team gets a bid.

BigPapaHawg

Quote from: JONAS on October 29, 2010, 05:58:39 pm
Just win out and we should be no worse than the Capital One Bowl.  I wish they would change the name back to the Citrus Bowl.  I can't stand these Corporate Bowl names.  I do not have a problem with the Capital One Citrus Bowl.  That sounds so much better.

I agree.
WOO PIG

Mr. Cooper

Nebraska is pounding Mizzou

24-0 still in the first quarter.
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 21, 2011, 12:24:57 am
oh good...a poster with the word MILF in his avatar,  quoting scripture.
Quote from: ke2743 on March 07, 2011, 11:54:00 pm
Ok then, I'm going to need a vet, a priest, some rubber gloves and 3 gallons of boones farm.  Let's get this party started.

"Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it."