Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When did Arkansas Athletics Adopt

Started by hogman64, February 14, 2006, 01:01:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogman64

the Supreme Court Justice rules on job longevity.   Is it once hired as a coach at the U of A you have a job for life now?  Not that I am ready for everyones head to roll at once but what are the odds of three coaches at one University with as poor performance records as Nutt, Heath and Gardner all keeping their jobs?  Has Richardson given all U of A coaches jobs for life?

hogman64

I see your point about Gardner, but  I really wonder if the whole Nolan fiasco isnt influencing the trigger finger being pulled on coaches these days at the U of A.. period.. men and women....I mean the performance of these 3 coaches the last 4 years is less than mediocre.. I have researched the number of  total conference wins in football and basketball the last 4 years and we stand 11th ahead of only Vandy.. thats a pathetic 4 year performance...i dont know where the women stand in total conference bball wins under Gardner but probably not much better.. is it coincidental that all this patience with coaches comes on the heels of the Nolan trial??.........Least anyone not know where i stand on Nolan by the way....cant stand him.. glad he is gone support him being fired 100%..............

Reaganite

I think Athletic Directors should be like airline pilots.  Mandatory retirement at 60 ready or not.

nwarazfan

Quote from: hogman64 on February 14, 2006, 01:28:36 pm
I see your point about Gardner, but  I really wonder if the whole Nolan fiasco isnt influencing the trigger finger being pulled on coaches these days at the U of A.. period.. men and women....I mean the performance of these 3 coaches the last 4 years is less than mediocre.. I have researched the number of  total conference wins in football and basketball the last 4 years and we stand 11th ahead of only Vandy.. thats a pathetic 4 year performance...i dont know where the women stand in total conference bball wins under Gardner but probably not much better.. is it coincidental that all this patience with coaches comes on the heels of the Nolan trial??.........Least anyone not know where i stand on Nolan by the way....cant stand him.. glad he is gone support him being fired 100%..............

What may be affecting Stan's job more than Nolan is that WE STILL HAVE 6 REGULAR SEASON GAMES TO GO, a top recruiting class coming in, missing pieces at PG and SG coming next year and a late signing period to find what else we need.   When did our fan base become so impatient and lose all common sense? 

Reaganite

Quote from: ConwayHog on February 14, 2006, 01:50:14 pm
Quote from: Reaganite on February 14, 2006, 01:32:26 pm
I think Athletic Directors should be like airline pilots.  Mandatory retirement at 60 ready or not.

I hope that was a joke.  If it wasn't we'd be without most or all of these fine facilities we have right now.  I wouldn't let the last few years cloud you're judgement of Frank.  There is probably a decent case of why he should be let go as AD, but I don't think anyone disagrees there's a better fundraiser.

Oh I'm not disputing the fundraiser aspect, just the judgement in relation to hiring of coaches and the upkeep of lame ones.

hogman64

Quote from: nwarazfan on February 14, 2006, 02:09:29 pm
Quote from: hogman64 on February 14, 2006, 01:28:36 pm

What may be affecting Stan's job more than Nolan is that WE STILL HAVE 6 REGULAR SEASON GAMES TO GO, a top recruiting class coming in, missing pieces at PG and SG coming next year and a late signing period to find what else we need.   When did our fan base become so impatient and lose all common sense? 

The point to my post was not fire Stan...........My point was I think the hog athletic administration is showing unusual patience by letting all three coaches continue on with their jobs when the results are so poor.
Usually its the other way around when fans expect and administrators are known for expecting better results, heads usually roll quickly, but things have been awfully quiet in the firing department at the u of a the last 4 years..... maybe it is great , maybe all 3 of these coaches will lead their programs to heights that make us all proud.......just saying I basically think they are lucky to still be intact , from a group standpoint, considering their results.  If this had been a bet 4 years ago  on if all three would have still been here given the coming results I would have bet at least one would be out by now... and I would have lost....which is nothing new to me from a betting  standpoint.........