Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Star Wars and the Florida Game

Started by rodkell, February 14, 2006, 07:53:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rodkell

My wife and I both accidentally bought the Star Wars Trilogy (kids valentines) from Wal Mart ($52.00) and they won't take either back because of some copyright law.

If there is a Star War fan out there that would also like to go to the Florida game, I will sell two Florida tickets and the Star Wars Trilogy (new and you can have my Wal Mart receipt) for $85.00.

If interested, call Rod at 957-0780 - Im in Fayetteville.

LA HAWG

HogISH™

he went and bought another copy... he may be on to something here :)

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

rodkell

$60 was for the Bama because I really don't care if i go to that game.  If no one offers the $85, by noon, feel free to make an offer.  I really want to go to the florida game, but i'm so mad about not being able to return the thing i bought twice, I figured the Florida game may give me an out.  $60 is still on the table for Bama.  The Florida package is a better deal even if its a little more money.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

ever heard of this website called ebay?

wishyjoshy

rodkell

Quote from: JFen on February 14, 2006, 09:16:00 am
Why can't you return it?

Some trademark law - i can return it for a replacement with receipt, but they won't return money or even give store credit.  I have the receipt which will be given if a transaction is agreed to.

rodkell

Quote from: abostian on February 14, 2006, 09:13:58 am
ever heard of this website called ebay?

figured coupling the movies with the best game of the year would add extra local value. 

wishyjoshy

Is it un wrapped?  If it is, you can take it to a local print shop and they will shrink wrap it back up for you.  Then you can take it back and say that you got it for my birthday but I already have it.  (Which I DON'T)

rodkell

Quote from: JFen on February 14, 2006, 09:47:16 am
Is it un wrapped?  If it is, you can take it to a local print shop and they will shrink wrap it back up for you.  Then you can take it back and say that you got it for my birthday but I already have it.  (Which I DON'T)

what print shop ???

wishyjoshy

I'm in Little Rock, but Kwik Kopy has a shrink wrap "thingy."  My ex-wife's father owns one.  I'm not sure about Kinko's, but I would assume that they do.  Mailboxes, Etc does, as well.  (I think)
Here's the thing.  Back in the late 90s, kids (like me) would buy PS games and play them.  When we were tired of that particular game, we would take it back and say that we already had it, that it sucked, or some other lame excuse.  The naive 70 yr old lady at the customer service desk would just let us go pick out another or give us store credit.  Then around 2000, they started cracking down.  We had to find new ways of opening the package while keeping the shrink wrap in tact.  It was difficult, but it could be done.  If I am correct, this still works.  If you have just torn through the shrink wrap then your only other alternative is to take it to MailBoxes Etc.  If you tell them the honest truth about what happened, they will probably help you.  IF you are honest and they don't help you, go to another one and tell them not to ask any questions and no one will get hurt!!! ;)

subliznime

hey man im interested shot ya a pm
peace