Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Indiana's Coach Mike Davis

Started by J.A.Y., February 13, 2006, 10:27:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

J.A.Y.

Looks like he wants to leave, do we want him? can we get him?
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

imtad16

I though we already have a coach.

J.A.Y.

Oh, we have a coach. We just need a better one.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

Hogwild07

February 13, 2006, 10:35:09 pm #3 Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 10:41:55 pm by Hogwild07
I would take him.  He's a pretty good coach.  I'm just at the point where I want anyone besides Heath.

murray-vegas

So you want to get rid of an improving coach who plays Big 10 basketball and bring in one who did worse each year and plays Big 10 basketball?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

J.A.Y.

Quote from: murray-vegas on February 13, 2006, 10:37:26 pm
So you want to get rid of an improving coach who plays Big 10 basketball and bring in one who did worse each year and plays Big 10 basketball?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

you have a better idea, please elaborate. Because im not happy winning 1 road game a year.

mikeirwin

Quote from: jayloot on February 13, 2006, 10:27:16 pm
Who is we ?
The question is does JFB want him ?. I'd bet against it though I haven't asked him.
Can JFB get him ? The question is probably pointless because the word from those close to Frank is Heath will be back barring some sort of late season collapse like last year.

Hogwild07

Collapse.  We're not good enough to be able to collapse.  However, Heath will get one more year.  Davis has had some success however.  He took his team to the the national championship.

Triplet Hog

Coach Nutt at Arkansas State has better chance than Mike Davis.  I agree with the post by murray-vegas.  Coach Davis would be very similar to what we have now.  Look for Davis to get the UAB job if Anderson goes elsewhere.  Davis is from Alabama.  Just a thought.........

murray-vegas

Quote from: jayloot on February 13, 2006, 10:41:39 pm
Quote from: murray-vegas on February 13, 2006, 10:37:26 pm

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

you have a better idea, please elaborate. Because im not happy winning 1 road game a year.

Davis has 0 wins in conference on the road this year. I don't have his lifetime stats on the road in the Big 10. I'm willing to wait until the end of the season to pass judgement. We won 3 games outside of our home arenas this year out of the 9 times we've played. Not the greatest percentage but then again I didn't think we'd win any in Hawaii and had doubts about facing a Texas Tech team coming off a terrible performance in Las vegas.

If we lose 4 or 5 of the next 6 then I'll probably agree with you. I don't see that happening and I think if we win 4 of the next 6 he deserves another season.

Hogs958

Quote from: mikeirwin on February 13, 2006, 10:47:46 pm
Who is we ?
The question is does JFB want him ?. I'd bet against it though I haven't asked him.
Can JFB get him ? The question is probably pointless because the word from those close to Frank is Heath will be back barring some sort of late season collapse like last year.

If we find a way to lose on the road Wednesday, he might want to start looking around...

Porky OLeary

BossHog13

Right on, Porky OLeary! No more BORING Big Ten basketball/coaches! PLEASE, NO!!!

fu-man-soo

i would rather ave heath than mike davis, that is a horrible idea