1 (1.3%)
Arkansas getting into the NCAA Tournament
41 (51.9%)
None of the above
21 (26.6%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: February 18, 2006, 09:31:37 pm

Richard_white

Just wondering because the way I see it, it looks like none of the above.

WPS

bradyv15

Richard_white

February 13, 2006, 11:13:47 pm #2 Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 11:43:24 pm by razorbacks4life27
Quote from: razorbacks4life27 on February 13, 2006, 09:31:37 pm
Just wondering because the way I see it, it looks like none of the above.

WPS

Let me take that back, I believe Stan will get a raise because most people on here say he is improving. I hope after he gets his last paycheck after the season, there will be a pink slip with it saying YOUR FIRED.

WPS

CiriusPorker

i say tourney..it'll be the miracle on hardwood..or atleast thats what the DVD they make for it will be called ;)

Richard_white

Quote from: CiriusPorker on February 13, 2006, 11:23:07 pm
i say tourney..it'll be the miracle on hardwood..or atleast thats what the DVD they make for it will be called ;)

Or "tourney or bust"

WPS

Buff

i can see stan getting a raise - i wouldn't put anything past this athletic department

ENHOG

If I'm correct I think he already got the raise thing.  I really think they will close strong and make the NCAA and win at least their first game maybe second.
\\\"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.\\\"

CiriusPorker

..if we make sweet sixteen, i'm curious to see how many people jump back on the stan heath supporst bus.

Richard_white

Is Donald Trump around after the razorback basketball season..lol

WPS

tacomahog

I think we get in the tourney and I think Stan gets and accepts an offer from somewhere else....perhaps Indiana.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: CiriusPorker on February 13, 2006, 11:27:07 pm
..if we make sweet sixteen, i'm curious to see how many people jump back on the stan heath supporst bus.

Probably all of them, myself included.

Lets not fool ourselves though, this is NOT a Sweet 16 team.

Sweet 16 "sleeper" teams (which Arkansas would be if they managed to get into the Tournament) get that deeply into the Tournament with strong guard play and lights out shooting. 

Those sort of teams are average in a lot of ways, but are GREAT at doing a select few things.

For instance, GREAT shooting or GREAT rebounding can make up for fallacies in other areas over the course of a tournament (where anything can happen).

I'm racking my brain trying to find one thing this team is GREAT at.

The team with Brandon Dean, Teddy Gipson etc was as average as average can be on offense, but even they could slap on that pressure defense over the course of multiple games.

The current team has yet to show any signs of hitting that gear in any facet of the game.  They can turn it on for a minute or two.  15 point leads are a good thing.  At some point in the game, this team does do some things right.

My point, I think, is that this team is WAY to erratic.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Richard_white

Quote from: tacomahog on February 14, 2006, 02:53:22 am
I think we get in the tourney and I think Stan gets and accepts an offer from somewhere else....perhaps Indiana.

Honestly what are our chances to get into the Sweet 16? Oh god please if we get into the  dance i hope we don't play Miss St in our first game.

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

I voted Stan gets fired. I do not think we make the NCAA. We will make the NIT. If that happens then he should be fired IMO. However, we may make the tourney and that would be nice, but that would mean Heath would probably be retained. I really want a new coach.

hogsNbeer

I voted Makes the NCAA Tournament.......  I still think we can get there.... Might even win a game once get there....... I dont' think this team has played up to their potential too many times....Stranger things have happened...... GO HOGS    :razorback:

jdhoover

I voted for getting in the tourney.  I believe this is still more a probablity than not, however, we can screw this up and go to the NIT.

Stan will not get a raise or get fired.

We will not go 6-0, however 4-2 is very probable and 5-1 is possible.  Lets not forget the 2 of the 3 toughest teams on our schedule are at home with other road trips to GA and Ole Miss both probable wins.
Don't mistake my support of the Razorbacks and their coaches with the acceptance of mediocrity.

PulledPork

did you mean to leave out the option of "don't give a flying f*ck?"

artyhog

Stan only needs to worry about getting them to the big dance.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

NATEHOGG216

I hope we make the tourney and have a good showing there.  Maybe he will get hired away.  I just can't bring myself to hope for us to do poorly but I sure want SH gone.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Hawgballer

Some people say they can't see heath getting fired since houston didn't get fired......

I can see it.....I can see it very well. He needs to make the NCAA or win the NIT. Or else he'll be lucky to be retained.

hoggystyle78

I just can't see us making the NCAA tourney, this team is way to schizophrenic. I do however hope that I'm wrong and I hope the Hogs get back in their rightful place, in the NCAA tourney, and I hope we can somehow make a small run. I will be happy to eat all the crow you guys can dish out if my prediction is wrong.