Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marcus Monk

Started by Hogblood, February 13, 2006, 09:26:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogblood

Was he not a basketball phenom?  Any chance for him to step in and gun for a little for these basketball Hogs?  We need a shooter who is co-ordinated and can catch a ball when thrown to him. Heath needs to think of something. They say he is a great recruiter so where are all the NBA lottery picks. I think we need at least 2 or 3 surefire gunners i.e Todd Day, Marvin Delph, Joe Johnson , the kind that can get hotter than a cowboys pistol after a hard nite's shootin.

hulk hog

He's no shooter.....so he would fit right in....but not help.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

Vandimar

I saw him play in the State Finals his senior year, and he was way beyond everyone else there. But I don't really think it is all that plausible to be a combonation basketball-football anymore. The amount of pure talent that is nessessary to be a star in both in unreal. Although I'm sure he's still a good basketball player I don't think he'll solve any problems there.

:razorback: go hogs :razorback:
I'm not in this movie, I'm not in this song.

Razorback88

I think if he had came here to play basketball, he would be probably the 6th man right now.  There is no doubt he was good enough to play SEC ball.  But he probably made a good choice by sticking to football, as he will probably be in the NFL.  He was also just like everyone else on this year's team; great slasher but couldn't hit a jump shot.

hogfan33

Monk was a great defender and a poor shooter, I really dont see him helping this team. He didnt do much when he was there last year

RAZ FAN

From what I understand is that Monk and Heath didn't see things eye to eye. And Monk what upset about what was taking place and just walked away like a man so he wouldn't cause a rift in the program. Kudos to Monk for doing this. Go Hogs

Hogwild07

He would help us a little.  He would play alot....get some rebounds, block some shots, and score a few points.  He would not have a major impact.  He can't shoot but he can score other ways.  His game is more like a big man's but he's only 6-6.  That is huge in football but ordinary in basketball.

akp4105

I believe he was offered by alot more schools to play basketball than he was football..Boston College being one of the schools..he would help on the defensive side alot..but he's not a shooter, he's a slasher on offense..and now he's just a football player and has the potential to play in the NFL

mbgrulz

he was a great HS ball player, but once he got into the football weight program, he got too heavy to be able to get up and down the court. i played with him when he was a freshmen, and he was a skinny rangey player. perfect for a 6-6 guy in the SEC. then he put on about 20 or 30 lbs, and became too small for a post, and not quick enough for a guard. he was by far a better basketball player than a football player in HS.

LA HAWG

Quote from: Squishy on February 13, 2006, 09:48:41 pm
Monk was a great high school player, but he isn't an SEC caliber player in basketball, IMO. He just needs to focus on football and he will be playing on Sundays someday. I really don't think he could help the Hogs basketball team. He really would play a lot like Cyrus, I think, except not as good.

Just because he is not an SEC calibur player doesn't mean he is not better than a majority of the basketball team.  With that said I want him to focus on football.

D-macs cuz

I heard he tweaked an ankle and Nutt said no more basketball.

twistitup

Monk is the Man- why play basketball for a joke coach like Heath- MMonk is going with the sport that will =$$$ for him and without the stress of dealing w/ Stan.

We all know how Heath treats players he doesn't see 'eye to eye' with.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

hog caller

wasn't it vandy that beat U Conn last night?

hogindallas

You're kidding, right?  ....Villanova beat Uconn.

leggman131652002

Monk couldnt help much .but what about Marc Winston..with his big body anyone think he could help us on the boards a little..he would of been big enought to bang a little with Big Baby from LSU

LordStanleysHog

I believe it all started with the shoulder injury his frosh. year, playing D1 basketball was probably not the best rehab option for him at that time. 

KillerK4

If Marc winston can play for the hogs, then Monk can dominate....