Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why isn't Stoerner in the NFL?

Started by Arazorbackguy1, February 13, 2006, 06:19:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

I mean the guy just puts up incredible numbers in the arena league and seems to be a great leader.  I don't think the cowboys gave him enough of a chance.  I hope that someone picks him up before too long.  He would be a great 3rd stringer at least!
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

HoggerNocker

Money!  The league minimum salary for a three year veteran makes him too expensive for a third string QB.

WindyCityHog

He isn't good enough...

At least for the money he would demand.

I'll never get over that fumble against Tennessee.....but I've always pulled for the guy....He just never got it done in the NFL.

I would be interested in seeing the starting QBs for each Arena team....

Anyone got the time?

hogtheball

Passing league leaders

yards     tds    ints   comp %    rating
1. Aaron Garcia, NYD       861        20     2        76.5        133
2. clint dolezel, DAL         895        19     1        69           132
3, joe germaine, UTA       993        20     1        69           132
4. John dutton, COL         875        20     1         64.5        122
5. matt nagy, GEO           508        10     0        62.9        120
6. matt d'orazio, CHI        726       13     2         69.8        116
7. clint stoerner, NAS      859         13     1         60.2       109

that's all i'm typing right now. 
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

jkelly107

He has the heart of a lion and thats something the NFL has a hard time seeing.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: jkelly107 on February 13, 2006, 08:45:14 pm

I followed him closely here in Dallas.  He was never given a true shot.  Everytime he got in the game during pre-season, he made great plays.  I think Jerry liked him, but Jerry has shown such horrible judgement of talent in the past that this actually hurt Stoerner in the eyes of the coaches.

I think Tony Romo is in a similar situation.  He is a winner, plain and simple, but he doesn't fit the physical mold that they want (see ConwayHog's post).

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

TulsaHawg

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 13, 2006, 08:56:25 pm

I followed him closely here in Dallas.  He was never given a true shot.  Everytime he got in the game during pre-season, he made great plays.  I think Jerry liked him, but Jerry has shown such horrible judgement of talent in the past that this actually hurt Stoerner in the eyes of the coaches.

I think Tony Romo is in a similar situation.  He is a winner, plain and simple, but he doesn't fit the physical mold that they want (see ConwayHog's post).

Notshavin, I agree with you on Clint.  He got a shot, yes, but he never got all the reps with the 1st team that guys like Q received.  He had a game in which he threw 4 pics.  OK.  So did duys like Troy Aikman, Brett Favre, Dan Marino, etc.

Had the Boys stuck with Clint for awhile, I think he would have performed far better than Q.

razorbackfan4life

I remember watching him play against the Giants, he threw three picks in a row I believe.  I felt so bad for him because he has so much talent imo.

Quote from: TulsaHawg on February 13, 2006, 09:26:54 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 13, 2006, 08:56:25 pm

Notshavin, I agree with you on Clint.  He got a shot, yes, but he never got all the reps with the 1st team that guys like Q received.  He had a game in which he threw 4 pics.  OK.  So did duys like Troy Aikman, Brett Favre, Dan Marino, etc.

Had the Boys stuck with Clint for awhile, I think he would have performed far better than Q.

Didn't Troy have 5 or 6 in one game?  I think I remember him setting a record...

And I agree, he would have been much better than Qunicy, Chutch, Ryan Leaf and Drew Henson. 
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Fatty McGee

ConwayHog got it right.  Joe Germaine is another example.  Average arm strength, average speed, and slightly below average height.  At this point, not worth the money - the downside of the salary structure for marginal veterans.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

ENHOG

I think he's real close to his three year pension deal.  He only lacks a few games.
\\\"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.\\\"

hogtheball

That's what happened to Joe Dean.  When you finish that fourth season (I'm pretty sure it's four), your current team picks up your pension.  If you are anything less than a standout, you're gone before you get that season.  I guess the players union forgot about all the players who weren't starts when they negotiated.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

musiccityhog

I love stoerner as much as any ex-razorback , but to compare him to Aikmen, Favre, and Marino is absurd. Three Hall Of Famers ? C'mon.
Your name? Fletch F. Fletch
Your Address? Seven
Your occupation? I'm a Shepherd

Quote from: musiccityhog on February 13, 2006, 11:57:26 pm
I love stoerner as much as any ex-razorback , but to compare him to Aikmen, Favre, and Marino is absurd. Three Hall Of Famers ? C'mon.

I agree, but I don't think anyone was comparing him to them.

Doug Flutie, on the other hand, might be a fair comparison.  I think he could have been as good had he been given a real shot.

hogtheball

Flutie didn't get much of a shot either - he had to go dominate the CFL for a few years, first.   Of all the QBs in the world, who would have thought that Flutie would be able to play into his mid 40's.  Does that guy ever age?

the donger

I wonder why? Maybe it's because he's not good enough. Not every ex-Hog can make it to the professional level as much as we would like to see it. Oh, by the way, how come Ken Biley isn't playing in the NBA?

musiccityhog

I will agree Stoerner probably was judged harshly on one game , but it sounded like TH was comparing him to 3 hall of fame QB's. While if given the chance he might have been a descent back-up , you can't put him in the same realm as those three.
Your Address? Seven

Quote from: the donger on February 14, 2006, 12:12:11 am
I wonder why? Maybe it's because he's not good enough. Not every ex-Hog can make it to the professional level as much as we would like to see it. Oh, by the way, how come Ken Biley isn't playing in the NBA?

Umm..Stoerner did make it to the pro level.

musiccityhog

You mean Ken Biley is not in the NBA?
Your Address? Seven

hogtheball

Comparing Ken Biley to Stoerner is just as bad as comparing Stoerner to Marino - actually, it's worse.   

By the way, do you guys remember Ty Detmer throwing 7 interceptions in one game, Detroit vs. Cleveland, I think it was 2000 or 2001.

the donger

Quote from: hogtheball on February 14, 2006, 12:21:12 am

Comparing Ken Biley to Stoerner is just as bad as comparing Stoerner to Marino - actually, it's worse.  

By the way, do you guys remember Ty Detmer throwing 7 interceptions in one game, Detroit vs. Cleveland, I think it was 2000 or 2001.
I knew that was coming. I'm just saying quit being homers and use some logic.

musiccityhog

But the Ken Biley thing don't compare. Now if the question had been why didn't Greg Switzer make it in the NFL then the comparison would be a good one, but stoerner actually got to the NFL.
Your Address? Seven

the donger

Quote from: musiccityhog on February 14, 2006, 12:34:51 am
But the Ken Biley thing don't compare. Now if the question had been why didn't Greg Switzer make it in the NFL then the comparison would be a good one, but stoerner actually got to the NFL.
Maybe I should of said Steve Schall or JuJu Harshaw.

HogISH™

Quote from: ENHOG on February 13, 2006, 11:43:33 pm
I think he's real close to his three year pension deal.  He only lacks a few games.

bingo... whoever picks him up is saddled w/ his pension.

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.